Spotting week before AF every month - anyone else?

I should clarify. The first time the the doctor couldn't get the dye to flow into my uterus and eventually the tubes. It reminded me of my failed saline ultrasound I had a few weeks ago. But thankfully he changed an instrument and the dye flowed properly.

Thanks MrsPTTC and Islandgirl - I think I should go ahead with it - just to rule another thing out really. I will remember the painkiller tip and OH has agreed to come with me to hold my hand and drive me home afterwards. x

Let us know how it goes MrsHY :)

I'm feeling a bit bummed today. No sign of spotting, af, nothing. I was supposed to ovulate around Sept. 12th, that didn't happen, then it looked like it was going to happen a day or 2 before my hsg on Sept. 21st and it looks like I haven't since I should be spotting by now. For once in my life I'm actually wanting the spotting to come! I'm just anxious since I have been known to go months without af and I'm scared she's gone :(

I should mention there's no way I'm pregnant since we were careful with all the tests I had done this month.

Sorry IslandGrl. This is unusual for you though, right? You've been ovulating every cycle for a while? x

Yes, I've been ovulating every month for the past 4 years so I don't know what's going on. I have a doctor's appt. next week. I'll see what he says.

Hi all, just wanted to drop in and say i'm still here.

I'm a bit out of date, so only catching up on the last page or so (sorry).

Island girl - Is it possible your HSG just threw O off? I know that's pretty common.

MrsHY - Good luck with the HSG, I was pleasantly surprised with how much of a breeze mine was so I hope yours goes the same.

MrsPttc - Glad you've got some clomid. Don't worry too much about the odd 'weak O' / low progesterone - it doesn't mean it happens (or rather doesn't!) every month. I've had mine checked 3 times, 2 were really good and 1 was low, chart wise they all looked similar too. Progesterone levels fluctuate throughout the day and are affected by having a full stomach apparently etc, so a 'low' isn't as clear cut as you'd think - either way FX the clomid does the trick for you.

AFM - nothing to report, still TTC, still spotting! Oh, well *something* to report actually - but not a pg. I got a squinter, my first, on my 2nd IVF. Looks like the embryo tried to implant and released a little HCG but not enough for a viable ongoing pg.
I had my endomtrioma cyst drained during the IVF cycle too (that's a temp fix, it'll be back in 1-6 cycles roughly). I'm curious to see if draining the cyst might impact my spotting at all.

Hi Nell

Good to 'see' you again hon. Hope you're OK - was the second IVF round a bit more bearable, emotions wise, than the first? Even with the faint line (so sorry).

Have you decided how many rounds you're doing, or are you just going to take each one as it comes?

FX-ed for a decrease in spotting now the cyst has been drained. Good luck x

Hi all, just wanted to drop in and say i'm still here.

I'm a bit out of date, so only catching up on the last page or so (sorry).

Island girl - Is it possible your HSG just threw O off? I know that's pretty common.

MrsHY - Good luck with the HSG, I was pleasantly surprised with how much of a breeze mine was so I hope yours goes the same.

MrsPttc - Glad you've got some clomid. Don't worry too much about the odd 'weak O' / low progesterone - it doesn't mean it happens (or rather doesn't!) every month. I've had mine checked 3 times, 2 were really good and 1 was low, chart wise they all looked similar too. Progesterone levels fluctuate throughout the day and are affected by having a full stomach apparently etc, so a 'low' isn't as clear cut as you'd think - either way FX the clomid does the trick for you.

AFM - nothing to report, still TTC, still spotting! Oh, well *something* to report actually - but not a pg. I got a squinter, my first, on my 2nd IVF. Looks like the embryo tried to implant and released a little HCG but not enough for a viable ongoing pg.
I had my endomtrioma cyst drained during the IVF cycle too (that's a temp fix, it'll be back in 1-6 cycles roughly). I'm curious to see if draining the cyst might impact my spotting at all.

Thanks Nell :flower: I'm really looking forward to starting the Clomid now - even if not ovulating was just a one off I'm happy to try anything to get me my :baby:! Though it's such a shame, I don't know if these are the right words but I am thinking yay to the almost BFP that you had! It just goes to show fertilisation is happening - now for the next one to stick!! FX'd for you! And hope your spotting improves x

MrsHY - We agreed (DH & I) upfront to 3 rounds of IVF, I guess you could go on forever trying but I think there has to be a point where you dettach and say 'this isn't happening'. That said we both feel like our first cycle was such a flop it almost doesn't even count as part of our 3 so in reality we'll take it as it comes I suppose. Yes, the 2nd cycle was so much easier to bear - mainly having been there and got the t-shirt before as they say. My 2nd cycle was much better results wise (despite no pg!), less eggs (16 v's 24) but better fertilization (8 v's 2). We lost a few embryos early on but 5 embryos made it to day 5 (blastocyst) stage. 2 were put back in me but the other 3 were not considered good enough to freeze. I guess that's all gobbledy-gook to you!? ;)
My womb lining was still thin though and I'm really thinking this might be linked to my spotting.....I think it's this...
https://www.femalehealthmadesimple.com/abnormal_menstruation.html
Scroll down to 'III acyclic bleeding' and I think my spotting is the first diagram, lack of estrogen.
I think my spotting / thin lining is still my main problem for pregnancy, asides my few eggs and endo cysts that is!

MrsPttc - do you start the clomid next cycle? Will they ultrasound monitor you or just bloods? It's exciting to start treatment isn't it? Yes it is a 'yay' for a squinter, it's a good sign and the closest i've ever come. Unfortunately i can't bring myself to throw the stick away, those 2 lines just look so rare and pretty and so it's in my bedside drawer :blush:

Aw bless you, I don't blame you, I'm sure I'd be the same. Omg I am so stupid - its IVF so of course they're getting fertilized, ignore me hun :dohh: but still it shows that implantation was almost successful!

I'm getting an ultrasound to see if its worked or they need to up the meds, though I don't think they're giving me them once they know it worked, not even sure if i'm having blood tests :shrug: x

Hi all,

Good to hear from you Nell :) Sorry to hear your second IVF cycle didn't work out but it looks like you're getting there. I'm happy to hear the second round went much better. Because you have an endo cyst does that mean you have endo elsewhere?

AFM I've never been happier to see spotting. Started today and yes, I think the hsg delayed me a bit. I have an appt. later this week to discuss what's next.

Hello Ladies, I wanted to join you because I experience the same thing, spotting for days and days before af around 5 to 7 days spotting that gets worse until af the doctors always say it means nothing and the ignore it but I feel like it prevents me from getting pregnant, I have heard it is due to low progesterone because its happend since right before I got off birth control and never has gone away and that has been over 5 yrs now...When i mention the progesterone to my Dr. he says he isn't concerned with that being the problem because he says if that was the case I wouldn't have a consistent af every month but who knows, anyone have any suggestion of slowing the spotting down or stopping it all together? Ive heard b complex but I haven't tried it and wanted to see if anyone has had experience with it working? The only thing That i have tried that I had luck with for the spotting is taking clomid Ihad absolutely no spotting while on that for quite some time but I no longer take it because of other side effects and just want to try all natural vitamins and what not...I was on the clomid years ago and wish I could find something else that takes the spotting away..any suggestions? I am glad I have found that their are other women out there that experience not that I'm glad you deal with it but sometimes I feel alone in dealing with it, It can be so annoying and frustrating in so many ways at times

MrsPttc - you probably won't have bloods if you have an U/S - U/S is a better measure.

Islandgirl - glad you think your cycle is back on track and FX for you, we are allegedly more fertile for the few cycles post a HSG!.
Yes I suppose having endo cysts does mean it is likely elsewhere, from what i've read a cyst means you are stage 3 or 4 (endo is staged 1-4, with 1 &2 being considered mild). I have no interest at the moment though of having a laparoscopy as removing endo and cysts on the ovaries causes damage to your egg reserve and mine is already low, plus i'm already having ivf and removing the endo probably won't change the fact i need ivf.
I'm still surprised this endo cyst suddenly appeared on U/S from nowhere at 3cm big, I've had countless scans before - i wonder if in the past it has been assumed to be a follicle but now it's got big it's clearer to see. anyway it was drained and the contents were consistent with endo.
Asides the spotting i have no endo symptoms, though i did read somwhere that 80% of spotters have been found to have endo.

Pookabear - Hi and welcome :)

Thanks for responding Nell. Endo has crossed my mind but like you have no other symptoms besides spotting. Although they say you can have no symptoms and have stage 4. I haven't had an ultrasound on my ovaries yet so maybe that will reveal something.

Welcome Pookabear :) I haven't taken anything to help with the spotting. Progesterone cream and suppositories (only prescribed by doc) are supposed to help when you take it in the leutal phase. Glad to hear the clomid helped since I may be on it soon. I'm assuming you didn't get pregnant while on it?

Welcome Pookabear! Well they say "Soy" is natures Clomid so maybe that would help? :shrug: Never tried it myself. But I can say Agnus Castus and Maca definitely do not help, especially the AC! :(

Nell, sorry I meant don't know if they'll do bloods from the 2nd cycle onwards if they're not doing ultrasounds? (Assuming the clomid works on 50mg.) I'll have to ask them.

x

hello ladies,
ig- glad to knw abt ur cycle being on track ! u haven't got an transvag u/s ? gl with appnmt ! hope the hsg helps with the bfp !

mrspttc- have u started with clomid yet ? hope it helps ! r u back 4rm ur vacation ?

nell- gud to c u ! sorry abt the ivf:hugs: but i still wanna give u a yay 4r the faint line ! u r spotting again :nope: i thought u were given prog & it solved that ! r u having a ivf this cycle ? gl ! hope the draining does some good !

pb- welcome & sorry abt the evil spotting.. i had no idea clomid could help with spotting..have no idea abt soy ! did u get ur u/s & blood levels checked ? u should go to some other doc if u feel the need..bvits din't help me..npc did minimise the amt but not the number of days of spotting ! tried rrl tea & nope !

afm, i found a growth ( tmi alert) next to my inner labia last week & freaked out big time..googled & went crazy with the results..had an appnmt today & found out its just a skin tag:thumbup: so relieved..i told her abt spotting after bd & askd abt erosion but she said there was a med but aren't makin it anymore.i askd abt cauterisation(spling?) & said she can give me some cream to put on cervix, i said how would i know were to put it inside my cervix & she said she could do it but need to get a clear pap & hav to schedule one later..after that she said she can use her finger to make my cervix spot/bleed & then apply the cream ?? wouldn't that hurt real bad ? she gave a no 4r the prog suppls :( she said i could use npc !
on other note, i'm going to visit my parents back in asia 4r 2 months on oct16..my mom had chest pains twice last month( all reports gud) so want to spend some time with her !

baby dust & tc ladies !

Oh Yum, thank goodness it was just a sking tag! :happydance: The cream procedure does sound a bit weird I have to admit!! But if you go with it I hope it works.

I start the clomid next cycle in around 1.5 weeks. I go on holiday tomorrow!! I think I'm coming down with something though, hope it doesn't turn into anything bad, my throat feels horrid!

So I'll be away for a week ladies and hope there's some news when I return! :dust: x

Hi there ladies,

I was wondering if anyone knew if vitex/ agnus castus should be out of our system for the CD21 test? I have spotting from day 10dpo ( sometimes 9dpo) up until my period starts after a 12 day luteal phase. I have the CD21 blood draw next week and I take 400mg agnus castus every day, I also really wanted to start taking Vitamin B complex now I have ovulated to try and see if it helps with the spotting but am afraid that any supplements I take will interfere with the test results. The whole point is to see how much progesterone we are making naturally, right? But don't want to waste this months attempt. So want to be pregnant! I'm so undecided as what to do for the best! This ttc is soooo draining physically and emotionally :wacko:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->