Spotting week before AF every month - anyone else?

I think the pill has caused my spotting. It's not right to pump our body with hormones for several years when we are only fertile up to 5 days a month. I wish I took more interest in my body a long time ago.xxx

baddream- welcome to B&B! Thank you for sharing your story with us, it's always good to get different opinons.

To be honest I really don't know if it's the lp or high estrogens that makes the spotting. I do think that it may be different depending on the person.

I have PCOS and I know that ppl with pcos tend to have low progesterone cause the estrogen tend to dominate mainly but it varies.
I was also on the bloody pill for 12 years until i decided to TTC, long journey for me just to get AF let alone TTC!

Anyway I do hope that maybe with our experiences we may be able to improve the sotting so please keep posting if you have good results!
Docts are not really willing to help, they always go for the quick solution which is not always the best if you are TTC!

I tried to use the progesterone cream on my last AF but didnt work, baddream which one did you buy? I have bouth BIOVEA.

I have started soy iso but a low dose so will see how it goes this month.

I’ve been super swamped with work lately and some family stuff in the evenings. Going to my doctor tonight for my bloodtest/ultrasound/pap results and going to DHs doctor on Saturday to talk about hormone tests and Clomid. So glad to see the thread is still going and that some new ladies have joined. Hope to get my butt back on BnB in a couple days.

Love and baby dust :)

Thanks for responding, Soili and Sunny!

I agree with both of you regarding the high estrogen not properly balancing the progesterone. (I still think it's BCP related...the thought that all of those years I was tricking my body with fake hormones and not thinking anything of it makes me wonder how I could have thought that everything would be hunky dory later in life.)

Anyway, I wanted to update you. So today is Thursday. I started spotting Tuesday morning, (8 dpo) and have been applying progesterone cream twice a day since that night (a total of 4 applications so far). I spotted on Wednesday too. I am about to hit you with some TMI, but I spot heaviest (usually red blood) during and directly after a BM. Well, this morning, after my BM, there was the TINIEST little bit of brown spotting on the TP, (it was beige, really) hardly anything compared to what it usually would be on 10 dpo for me. This is a HUGE improvement! I am very excited about this.

I am going to continue the cream until my AF is due (next Monday), and then I'm going to start it again 3 dpo on my next cycle. I'll keep you all updated.

Oh, and I try to avoid xenoestrogens too, since maybe we're all suffering from estrogen dominance. I try to eat organic meats and dairy, and no soy products. I'm going to continue that as well.

Oh, and the progesterone cream I'm using is "Femgest". It took me quite some time to find out if it is USP, but I did verify that it is. It was pretty darned cheap too. And I still feel fabulous!

Not only that, but my appetite decreased noticably since I've started using it. Usually at this point in my cycle, I'm ravenous and I'm craving baked goods and Doritos (i.e. CARBS!) like no one's business. I have gained 20 pounds since this spotting thing started, and I'm only 5'2", so that's no good. I'm pretty sure it's hormonal, because I even went to a personal trainer for 6 months and worked my buns off...and I barely lost a pound. I used to be able to lose 3 pounds by skipping lunch. So this was a drastic change for me. It makes sense that it's caused by out-of-whack hormones.

I'll keep you all posted!

that's a good result baddream, i don't think i applied enough cream then, it was only once in the evening and not that much, about the size of a pea. I think also it depends on what cream you use, not sure if the one i bought is good so I will be checking yours thanks!
Soya is good if you eat it before O, then it's def best to reduce the amount of soy. I drink soya every morning, but i know if you drink around 20mg a day there is no harm. At the moment I'm taking soy iso on day 3-7 and eating soy so my intake is about 80mg, hopefully i will see some difference later.

Hey guys! I'm 15DPO today, expecting my AF to show up any time today. Been spotting pretty much every day since 5DPO this cycle, but still got to 15DPO. So definitely not an issue with short LP for me. I'll let you know what my doctor's going to say about all this, got an appointment in 10 days.

My spotting started today and I'm gutted. I suppose the good news is that soy got me to 9DPO before the spotting started which is 2 days improvement from last month and 3 days improvement from when I was not taking B-vits. I think I will have to go to the doctors to get progesterone supplements.
Arghh I hate this stupid spotting :growlmad:
Better luck next time I suppose xxx

hi girls

I'm feeling so fed up with this spotting. Started spotting on ov day and for 2 days after. I then didn't spot for a day and then it started up again. I know it's going to be like this for a week until i get my AF now..... So fed up with it all. Been taking b vits for 3 mths and agnus castus for 2. Don't think they are making any difference so just going to stop them I think. Might try maca in a couple of months if no luck. Don't think i have low progesterone as i had that tested in my cd21 bloods and it came back fine. I agree, i'm sure it's being on the pill for so many years that's caused all of this. It just gets me so down each month when the spotting starts as i automatically think i must be out.

happyshopper- the fact the soy made the difference of two days it's still a good sign, early days for me so I don't have any updates yet.

Soili let us know what the doc says!

This spotting has had it. Ive just bought vitamin b100 which has 4 times the amount of B6 im taking already. I will also take soy again next month. FX i will get past 10DPO next cycle. Good luck everyone and hope to see a BFP on this thread soon to give hope to the rest of us xxx

Hi guys! 16DPO today. BFNs on tests. Don't really know what to think. I'd think I didn't ovulate at all, but then I don't exactly know how to explain the spotting. I didn't track it carefully before, but it would always lead to AF eventually, usually in no more than 7-8 days. I also considered that maybe AC and B-50 vits made my LP longer?

mmm, that maybe a sign soili, maybe you Od later then? do you keep a track of you temp?

I'm charting first time this cycle, yes! FF seems to think I ovulated, although it's not sure because I had fertile CM in LP. All the tests come up negative so far, although if I ovulated when FF thinks I did, then I'd be 3 days late today.

:wacko: don't know, maybe you have O later and you'll get bfp later?

sunnysun, it would seem like it! I don't think I'd get BFP later though, we concentrated BD around the time when I DID think I ovulate. At this point, I'm guessing I didn't ovulate at all, but don't know what to think about spotting then, it would always lead to AF in my previous cycles. Just when I thought I was starting to understand my body, it throws new stuff at me. Like I'm already not confused enough ;)

Hi guys! Just found something online:

Will bleeding interfere with conception or implantation?

It is time for my ovulation and I am trying to get pregnant, but I sometimes have a single, light spot of blood whenever I use the bathroom (a little heavier with a bowel movement) and usually only after straining. For most of the month it is normal for me and I never paid it much attention until now. Will it interfere with me conceiving?

No. The spotting should not interfere with conception.

I posted before about bleeding after a bowel movement and conceiving. I am now 3 days post ovulation and today after a bowel movement I began bleeding heavily with blobs of blood and cramping. It lasted about 3-4 hours and is now subsiding, but I'm still worried if it will affect conceiving. Am I just worrying too much?

If you are bleeding heavily such that it can "wash" sperm out of the cervix, then it will decrease the chance of getting pregnant. If it's just spotting, it shouldn't affect it.

Since I was 3 days post ovulation when the bleeding started, if I conceive this month then conception had already happened before the bleeding started. So I guess what I'm really worried about is if the fertilized egg will be able to attach itself if I am steadily bleeding. As of today the bleeding has slowed but not stopped.

Implantation occurs about day 7-9 after fertilization. It implants in the uterus usually in the top or top-back on a very small area. I see why you are worried about the bleeding. If it continues heavy it could prevent implantation. It's still very possible, however, so just wait it out to see what happens.
_________

Got it from here - https://www.wdxcyber.com/m3infert.htm

So it looks like hope is not lost! :)

thanks Soili, intersting! I still think that in some way spotting for fews days before af comes may have something to do with low progesterone..anyhow finger crossed it won't interefere too much:winkwink:

Hello ladies, just thought I'd let you know I'm now at 12DPO and not a hint of spotting! :happydance: I did a test today and BFN, I'm bought some FRER's and gonna use one tomorrow but if it's negative I'm guessing I'm out this month, :witch: due on Wednesday. I've taken the AC post ovulation, and also Maca this month, looks like it's worked :thumbup: Will keep you updated :dust: x

Hi guys! Well, this month I had the most bizarre spotting pattern ever (on and off even before ovulation). And ovulated a lot later than expected too (I'm not even sure I ovulated at all yet). And I was taking Pregnacare, B-50, Iron and Agnus Castus. I'm on CD45, maybe 13DPO (really not sure I ovulated at all). So guess what? NO MORE supplements for me, absolutely none. Seeing doctor tomorrow, will keep you posted.

MrsPTTC, I hope you have better luck!! FX!! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->