Spotting week before AF every month - anyone else?

Sorry for AF jellycat :hugs:

Bummer about the drugs ginny, is it clomid you need to lose weight for? I know usually you need to have a bmi under a certain number to get it. I know someone who's also been refused it unless she loses some weight.

Thanks for the info Nell! Get me some of that lol!

x

congrats, Curious! Wonderful news! :yipee:It really does give us all some hope.

nell, those UTIs are the worst! I hope it clears up ASAP for you!:hugs:

Jellycat, 10 months?? :dohh:That seems like a long time! I have a friend with a BMI of around 40, and she lost somewhere between 5 or 10 lbs and the doc said that showed progress so he gave her Clomid since she was making the effort to lose.

AFM, the spotting was here in full force for 6 days, then it took a 2 day break, and today its back, although its more beige than red like the previous round of spotting. No clue what is going on. :shrug: I did start taking Maca and EPO as I am taking a one cycle break from clomid. I have had some weird pinching feelings in the uterus/ovaries area, so I'm wondering if i have a cyst from the Clomid? Of course I will never know because my doctor is not monitoring me. :dohh: I keep taking HPTs, and they keep turning up negative. I'm not sure when I O'd, but based on my spotting, I thought it was 20 days ago. BUT since I got a:bfn:, i'm guessing it was not in fact 20 days ago.

AFM - finally AF arrived last week but only with slight spotting 2 days before so nothing like normal. Got ultrasound results and been diagnosed with PCOS explaining my irregular and sometimes anovulatory cycles. Been told to lose weight and be given meds in 10 months to help alleviate symptoms if haven't fallen pregnant

Jellycat, did you discuss Metfromin with your doctor? It's a diabetic drug that prevents carbs absorption, which normalized your insulin levels and in results can affect your sex hormones in a positive way too. It's often prescribed to PCOS girl who have extra weight or have difficulties maintaining it. I've been on it for 2 months and my last cycle was 28 days long (ovulating CD16). My shortest so far. Can't tell how this one turns out yet, but EWCM started CD9, so might be short too.

hi ladies finished my apt and everything looked ok from what she could see however I am going in for some tests on my cd3 for progesterone issues...other than that I must wait 6 months for getting additonal help w ttc

curious- congrats :happydance: so happy 4r u !

mrsp, nell- i'm gud ! thanks 4r askin ! thanks 4r the info nell..i dont remem my number( cant seem to find thr report) but doc said its ok.i think its 3 something..did the docs say anything abt the light flow ?

jellycat- sorry abt pcos... i dont understand why u need to wait 10 mnths 4r meds ? my frnd had pcos with diabe, overweight & had a baby( 1yr nw) thru iui ( 2nd attemp)

chloe- sorry abt spotting :hugs: hope the on & off is a gud sign..fx !

ginny-sorry abt bfn but u r not out yt so fx 4r ya !

have a gud weekend ladies !

hi ladies finished my apt and everything looked ok from what she could see however I am going in for some tests on my cd3 for progesterone issues...other than that I must wait 6 months for getting additonal help w ttc

gud news abt the appnmt dear:thumbup: did u get ur cd21 prog test ?
cd3 tests are not for proges, right ! correct me if i'm wrong here ! hope all ur tests come back gud !

cd3 tests are not for proges, right ! correct me if i'm wrong here ! hope all ur tests come back gud !

well that's what I thought and so I am a little confused-but she mentioned just progesterone and getting my level checked on cd3...hmmm

I tested again this morning with my last IC and got what I thought was an evap - there was a faint line but with hardly any colour.

Two hours later I tried a FRER and got this:

https://i40.tinypic.com/2yzk38h.jpg

Also, forgot to add I've only had one day of spotting so far at 6DO, but it was only the tiniest amount. I usually start spotting a 2-3 days before AF and it's like a progression thing, never stops/starts.

AF for me is due on Tuesday/Wenesday, so I would have normally expected spotting to start tomorrow or Monday. I hope it stays away!

I tested again this morning with my last IC and got what I thought was an evap - there was a faint line but with hardly any colour.

Two hours later I tried a FRER and got this:

https://i40.tinypic.com/2yzk38h.jpg

EEK! CONGRATS, thats def a BFP!!

Also, forgot to add I've only had one day of spotting so far at 6DO, but it was only the tiniest amount. I usually start spotting a 2-3 days before AF and it's like a progression thing, never stops/starts.

AF for me is due on Tuesday/Wenesday, so I would have normally expected spotting to start tomorrow or Monday. I hope it stays away!

OMG congrats!! That's a beautiful second line!! :happydance:

Oops Ginny so I did! :dohh:

Wow congrats on your BFP hun! :dance:. It sounds like it was IB :thumbup:

Almosthere, yes progesterone is defo cd21 (or 7dpo) how strange!

x

well that's what I thought and so I am a little confused-but she mentioned just progesterone and getting my level checked on cd3...hmmm

No-no, if she said CD3 testS for progesterone ISSUES, then it's likely a series of hormonal tests that are always done in the beginning of the cycle. Make sure you do it in the morning and don't eat anything before. They test progesterone at CD3 as well, but it's just one of the tests done.

Congrats Ginny :) Was that your first cycle trying then for baby 2?

That really is a lovely clear line :)

No-no, if she said CD3 testS for progesterone ISSUES, then it's likely a series of hormonal tests that are always done in the beginning of the cycle. Make sure you do it in the morning and don't eat anything before. They test progesterone at CD3 as well, but it's just one of the tests done.

Yes-I did some research and cd21 would be for the progesterone. However, you are right in that I am going for CD3 tests which test for all sorts of things-it is probably testing my starting cycle prog. levels. It shows on my test papers that they will be looking at FSH, LH, and so on-so general beginning tests to rule out common infertility issues related to progesterone-just guessing. I was so sad in the room that I couldn't really concentrate on listening the whole time-oopsies!

Ginny Congratulations :happydance: fantastic news !

I think doctor wants to wait 10 months before meds as I conceived ds without any assistance and she says meds come with their own complications. I need to go back in 6months to give progress on weight and she said could be given metaformin (sp?). I can always go back sooner and see my usual doctor.

Thanks for the congrats! I'm still very nervous and I have been waking up early (I think because I'm anxious about what my temp will be) so my last few temps are adjusted ones. Anyway, I going to try and make a doctors appointment for Tuesday! No sign of spotting yet, really hope it stays that way.

Nell - It was a first cycle trying, but in Jan we had one slip up around the time I thought I would have O'd so I guess it's my second cycle of being in the race :)

Almosthere - sounds like you're going to be able to rule out a lot of things from that test! GL!

Jellycat - sounds like you've already lots a fantastic amount of weight! I'm probably a bit overweight, but haven't really lost that much after having DS :blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->