Spotting week before AF every month - anyone else?

Happy birthday weekend dreaming!!! Enjoy those cocktails!

Spotting started this afternoon. Bright red, which is unusual. Kind of bummed, but keeping myself busy. No use dwelling on it! Hopefully it's gone tomorrow. I'm upping my prometrium, hoping that helps combat the spotting.

Thanks MrsPTTC

I switched to taking my prometrium vaginally at night since I heard it helps get the progesterone to where you need it most. So now, I'm taking 1 orally in the AM and 1 vaginally at night. It seems to work yesterday, no spotting. Let's hope that I found the fix for my spotting.

Hi daydream.. When is testing day for you. Fingers crossed. Glad to hear the promethium
Is working for you. I started cylinder last cycle and took it vaginally at night. Glad to say that it also kept spotting at bay and apart from some boosting had minimum side effects.

I test on Thursday. Glad the cyclogest is working for you! The prometrium is making me bloated as well :wacko:

Good luck with your testing daydream! FX for a BFP for you this cycle!

Sorry for your loss, dreaminghopin :hugs: I hope you had a good birthday, at least! :cake:

MrsP, GL with the last Clomid cycle. Hope this is the one! What mg are you taking?

Almosthere, glad your CD3 bloods were good:thumbup: Are you getting CD21 bloods as well?

I've been lying low on the forums lately. Trying not to stress myself out too much. :wacko:

DH's SA came back and everything looks good, except his pH is right on the borderline, and % abnormal morphology (head) is 93. I have read different things, like you want >12% normal, but i have also read that anything >4% normal is considered good, so who knows. And of course his doctor didnt actually talk to him about the results, he just got a random email.:dohh:

I am going to see an RE this afternoon and I'm so nervous! TTC now for 10 months, I think i have only had 4 or 5 O's in that time frame, but i'm afraid she will laugh me off. But at the same time, I'm not ready to discuss more serious options like IVF. So I don't really know why I am going. All I know is Clomid gave me serious heavy spotting for many days before AF, when not on Clomid I have lighter spotting for many days before AF, so something is off! :shrug:

Currently CD16, and been taking Maca and EPO for the whole cycle now. No sign of O yet. No pains, no EWCM, no temp dip....

BFN for me this morning. :( I test again Thursday before officially counting myself out, but feeling like I'm probably out. I already scheduled an appointment for Friday to discuss next cycles with our RE.

I'm conflicted, last month I definitely wanted to move straight to IVF, but we only have a set lifetime coverage, and 1 or 2 IVF cycles would max that out. We definitely want more than one child, so that feels so limiting to us.

Now that I was able to get DH to take his fertility vitamins, I think I want to do 2-3 cycles of just timed intercourse (somewhat of a "break") to give the vitamins time to work their magic. After that I want to do another strict kruger SA to see if there's been any improvement. During that time frame, I want to do Jillian Michael's Body Revolution to get my body in tip top shape so that going into whatever our next treatments are, we are both in prime condition to get the best results. I'll see what the doctor says when we go in; I think regardless we can't do IVF next cycle because it hits around the timeframe where I have to go out of state for work.

hi ladies, no more tests for me until Sept...I am on cd9 and not feeling lucky this cycle as we have not been dtd much at all =(

daydream, I'm also out, with AF arriving yesterday. DH and I decided that we WILL try clomid for this new cycle, so tomorrow night (CD3) I will be taking it for the first time... 50mg, and since I am out here without an accessible gp or hospital, I will have to rely on opks to manage the timing of dtd. Eeks! I'll also be then taking progresterone tablets as a treatment for 2dpo for 10 days, to make sure that my lining stays nice and strong...let's see how that affects my spotting...

almostthere, I know what you mean when you say that you haven't been dtd that much...we have really been up and down with that, too much pressure I think... I find if I just relax and don't talk about it, DH steps up to the plate when he really needs to. Perhaps by the time around ovulation, things will pick up!!

Sorry that AF came for you expatttc. GL with this next clomid cycle!

expatttc, good luck with the clomid! It made my spotting much worse, although I did not take it with progesterone. I will be anxious to hear how you respond!

My appt went really well, actually. it was just a consultation, and she walked me through the fertility cycle, and told me that it sounded like I have PCOS, although its very mild and i'm not the stereotypical PCOS patient. I am going to take a steroid (dexamethesone) which is supposed to suppress some androgen production. I guess my numbers were on the high side, and she said that androgens convert to estrogen which makes less FSH, so this is why i dont ovulate regularly. Although this does not explain the spotting, but its something, I guess. So i'll take that for 4 weeks, and then get an androgen test, and then she will put me on either clomid or Femara and monitor me with bloods and ultrasounds. It was a very encouraging appointment!

Chloe, sounds like you've found someone that listens and explains things well. That seems to be rare! Could they see anything to do with PCOS on an ultrasound with you?

chloe -glad to hear your apt. went beautifully!

and good luck to those starting prog/or cholmid.

afm very shocked how fast this week had gone by and that I am already on cd 11....body should be gearing up to O any day now! (prob cd14!!) FX for us all, as well all deserve our bundles of joy!!

Well today was BFN. On to Cycle #16. I'll have more details about our next cycle after our appointment with the RE tomorrow afternoon.

Tonight: BIG GLASS OF WINE! This is my one day of drinking, so I'm going to pick out something good :)

The one good thing about this cycle is that I finally figured out how to stop my spotting. It looks like it was a progesterone issue, but taking it orally wasn't getting the hormone where it needed to be. Vaginally is apparently the way I've got to take it from now on.

Sorry daydream about the bfn. I hope the cycle brings you your bfp, it sounds like you are getting nearer x
I have my HSG on Thrusday and I'm a little bit terrified. I've heard it can really be agony especially if my tubes are blocked. I've just got a feeling that it wont be good but at least if they aren't blocked that's something less I can worry about. Good luck everyone xxx

Daydream and dreaminhoping – brilliant news about your spotting girls and the progesterone working! I’m definitely going to mention it to my FS. Surely he can’t deny me a quick blood test even though he disagrees with it? :wacko:

Sorry about the BFN daydream :hugs:

Chloe I’m taking 50mg as it worked the first cycle so they just left me on it. Maca didn’t help my ovulation hun. I wouldn’t mind going back on it, but didn’t want to risk taking it on the clomid, though I’m positive you are supposed to be able to..Glad your appt went well and you’ve got a course of action!

Almosthere – you never know hunny, it just takes one little :spermy:!

Expatttc – sorry :witch: arrived hun :hugs:. Another one on progesterone! Let me know how it goes.

Happyshopper – try not to worry too much about the HSG, though I know I was anxious! Mine was a piece of cake, but it does vary woman to woman. I kind of wanted my tubes to be blocked (not badly of course) when I had mine so it would give me some answers – I know that sounds stupid. They were fine which was excellent news but it took the blood tests for me to get any progress.

AFM – I took DH’s 2nd SA in on Wednesday, results take 2-3 weeks to be sent back to the Dr. I’m not worried as the first one last May was brill, and DH has continued his Wellman and Maca and stopped smoking 3 months ago. It will be interesting to compare the results though..5.5 weeks til my FS appointment, yay! And 6 weeks 7 days until Turkey! (Not that I’m counting of anything :winkwink:)
Just waiting to ovulate, though it’ll be a few days yet. Did AI last night and will BD over the weekend.

x

Anyone else finding Mothers Day hard this year? Loads of Facebook updates from new mums over the past year having their first mothers day, sniff :sad1: x

MrsP, I'm not on Facebook and that helps immensely :D A month ago one of the girls I followed on Flickr, started posting about her pregnancy and I'm not ashamed to admit it - I simply removed her from my contacts. I don't feel bad, because I don't know her personally and never even talked to her online. I go to Flickr for fun and it's my NO-TCC place, so don't need it in my face there as well ;) Besides, she was one of those lucky ones to get knocked up as soon as started trying, so yeah...

A bit cranky today as it's CD2 for me. This cycle was 32 days, so that's good news. But I had quite a few "symptoms" and was waiting to test. Bottom line - symptoms are total BS! I had crazy vivid dreams, was tired and nauseous, headache, had skin breakout, basically you name it - I had it! I'm most symptomatically "pregnant" exactly the day before AF apparently :D

Anyway, looking forward to another relaxed cycle! I really liked not using OPK or temping!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->