Spring Blossoms 2013 - 10 born; 5 pink and 5 blue rainbows!!

Morning all,

Can I just ask, all you gals who've had hcg tests and getting early scans thru your doc - are you all based in the US? I'm over in the UK and no one's (i.e. doctors etc) ever mentioned anything about hcg levels, and I don't think the way we're 'treated' (e.g. being offered early scans) changes until we've had 3MCs and they start investigating what's going on? Having said that, I'm talking about what we get on the NHS (so we get it for free) - we could go private for early scans easily enough (costs about £100 depending on what clinic you go to) and prob hcg to though I've not looked into it.....

Still sore bbs here today - but I'm sleeping a lot beter than last time! Around this time before the mc I think I was waking up around 5am and was boiling hot all the time. Ttc1at34 I'm glad to hear someone else is getting cramps! I didn't get any at all last time and I find it really unnerving that I'm still getting them now - constantly feels like AF is about to show up!

xxx

Just stopping in to say HI! I was born in June 1983! I MMC in March at 9w3d.

I had early scan at 9w2d... which is normal for low risk pg here in the US. I didn't get any extra HCG tests or scans. My Dr. doesn't find it necessary if you haven't had three losses.

Not due in April, Bailey... But PAL is awful. I had awful MC, baby born with defects nightmares. I went for my first appt./ultrasound... paranoid, already thinking the worst. I couldn't sleep the night before. It was miserable. I started crying before I entered the Dr. office at 9w2d. Dr. did abdominal ultrasound... found gummybear but so blurry. I asked Dr. if everything was ok. He said he didn't know. He did the STD testing swab and the whole time I was crying and squeezing DH's hand. He did vaginal and all was perfect.

I ordered a doppler and couldn't even find baby. Went for Dr. appt. at 13w2d. I couldn't sleep the night before I was so nervous. Went in and he found HB. I thought it sounded faint. Dr. reassured me it was normal.

Hey ladies!

Leinzlove me and you are almost the same age lol!! Thanks for all that, I think we are all mega nervous in this thread as we are only teeny tiny bit preggars, think we are all finding it hard to believe we are ATM!!

Cherry - as you know I'm in the uk too and I don't think we will get anything any different from our last pregnancies unless we pay for private. Personally I'm just going along with if now coz tbh if my hcg isn't doubling as it should theres nothing that nhs docs will do anyway. I was toying with the idea of a private scan, they are about £60 from some places but seen as my angel passed at 11 weeks + 3 then I don't think it would comfort much to see the my little hobbit any earlier.

Bailey: Just thought I'd share my first trimester experience. I was soooo scared. There really aren't any January threads like this... there was one but it became inactive.

Ginny - so glad to hear your hcg levels are doubling as they should. Wish I lived in the us where they actually acknowledge mc and treat you differently. I get looked at like I've got two heads over here when I ask about early scans or blood tests!!
How's the symptoms? Any sign of ms yet?

Jersey bean - I get what you mean about not wanting a scan but wanting one, I feel the same! But as mentioned I don't get one unless I pay for it and I can't justify that kinda money.

Thanks leinzlove,

I only started this thread a couple of days ago, I wasn't expecting so many people already! Once we get to people getting may BFPs too I'll probably change the name of the thread, but feel free to join us anyway leinzlove, I only put April edd in the thread coz all the established thread seemed to be for rainbow babies due way earlier than I am!

I'm in Australia Bailey :) It really just depends which GP you go to here. Usually they don't do the hcg testing, but my GP is lovely and understands I need some extra support this time around so she offered it :)

No proper signs of morning sickness yet - yay it can stay away! Felt a tiny bit off yesterday and today, but normally I would have just dismissed it.

I felt a bit odd last night too but it was more woozy and tired that sicky lol!! I'm glad that I will finally be peeing in a pot tomorrow for the midwife so that my pregnancy is officially concerned. I got another BFP this morning with the 100miu tests so the doctors one should definately detect it now! I've finally used all my stash of Frers lol, think that's enough confirming my pregnancy to myself lol!!

So happy you have a good doctor. I am hoping that the midwife tomorrow is a bit more understanding of the fact that I have previously had a mc.

yeah I did one last FRER today and the test line was about 10 times darker than the control line haha

I'm going to stop now!

I'm tempted to buy a clear blue digital just so I can see it say "pregnant 3+ weeks" lol!!

I think we are all driving ourselves bananas on is thread! Hehehehe

It's hard not to though isn't it? Haha

I was born and lived in jersey in the channel islands until 11 weeks ago, when me and my DH moved to Denmark (he is danish) to live!

We needed a new start and after the 2 losses last reay, we waited until we got here to start trying properly... Looks like the Danish air is helping!

The doctors in jersey offered me an early scan when I started bleeding with the first pregnancy, and then I requested one for the second which they agreed.

The Danish health system is absolutely fantastic, they are all pro family and will do anything to help people who have had, or are having, or want to try having babies, so we are lucky and I am hopeful that they are going to offer us an early one when I go to the doctors on 20th august!

Xx

Wow the Danish health system sounds awesome jersey!! You are so lucky!!

I had my midwife appt today, was pretty useless. Just referred me for my booking appt and took my blood pressure.

I'm feeling soooo tired today! As always lol, but not feeling very pregnant, if you know what I mean.

Hey is anyone else afraid of :sex:?? Or is it just me?

How is everyone else today?

Nope, not just you! oh is banned from coming anywhere near me, but it's mostly because we dtd the day it all started going wrong last time so we don't want to risk it. All the medical staff we saw said it was nothing to do with it, but y'know....better safe than sorry we think. Prob just my over-sensitive insides if it did have anything to do with it!

Glad it's not just me lol! I think I'll be ok with it soon. We dtd all the time last time so I know it was nothing to do with it but I'm now afraid that it would cause the egg to dislodge or something lol!!

Wow, I wish I lived in Denmark...healthcare in the U.S. is a complete nightmare, though I must admit if your employer will pay for it, it seems a bit less stingy than in some other countries.

I personally will try to DTD regularly, though I must admit I don't have much appetite for it lately. I think the connection is important, you know, and I don't want to send the message that poor DH's job is done now that there's a bun in the oven.

Symptoms: here's a new fun one: MASSIVE migraines. Like, puking, wretching, pain-worse-than-labor migraines that last 2 days at a time. Going to see my OBGYN tomorrow to see if they can prescribe sth that will be safe during pg. Tylenol just doesn't seem to cut it :(

bbs still sore, but not feeling tired the way I did a week ago. Horrible dreams every night, super vivid and life-like. DH also having bad dreams....they say men can get pg symptoms too!

Emotional: feeling skeptical. After my first loss, feels like it can never go right. Convincing myself that every symptom or lack of symptom means that it's over.

One question for you ladies: anyone on progesterone supplements? If so, are you going to request regular scans, since progesterone can mask a miscarriage? I think the thing I worry about the most is another MMC.

On the bright side, first scan is coming up soon, and the statistics are reassuring...no real reason to think any of us are more likely to have something go wrong than anyone else. Funny how your heart and mind can play tricks on you, though, after you've been through something like that :(

How is everyone else feeling?

Hey ladies, may I join you?

I got a :bfp: on Tuesday, July 31! I am excited but very nervous and dare I say, a bit doubtful, after having a MMC/Blighted Ovum last summer and a chemical in June of this year.

I am really hoping that the third time is a charm?!

I think I am going to go for bloods on Monday, which is my day off. I have been doing IC's and they are getting slightly darker each day. My boobs are huge and sore but beyond that I am not really having many symptoms.

I just wish I could be excited but I'm mostly just doubtful :(

Ttc1at34 I have also started feeling doubtful I think the excitement at being pregnant has passed now (well I'm still excited but not quite as hyper lol) and the reality that the worst may happen again is sinking in! But that's where this group comes in, we are all going to have PMA!!! PMA all the way ladies, these are our rainbow babies and we will not have anymore mc's!! Everything will be just perfect with our gorgeous April rainbows and we have no need to worry!!

This is it ladies! Let's enjoy our pregnancies!! PMA!!

(sorry that was rather exuberant wasn't it lol, but I'm a firm believer of thinking positively to achieve your dreams)

Romatomato - welcome!! Sorry for your losses hun, but congratulations on your BFP!!

AFM - no symptoms today so far, although last night I got cramps and felt queasy in the middle of the night. Still could sleep for England too!! Loving my bed and my naps at the moment :rofl:

Hope everyone is well today!!

Morning all,

Hope everyone's doing well! Thanks for the pep talk Bailey - it's so easy to be pessimistic I think it's good to have a kick up the backside with some positivity!

I've definitely got the quease here. If it doesn't get any worse I might get used to it over the next few weeks, but...eugh. It's unpleasant. I can't think of anything worse than eating at the mo. I've not thrown up yet, just felt horrible.

Has anyone had any little pains in their tummy? I occasionally get the odd stabby pain on one side or the other and try not to panic...was just wondering if anyone else was feeling that kind of thing..? I'm hoping the ms is a good sign and all is well with the bub - but still have a healthy dose of paranoia!

xx

Ive not had stabby pains but lots of achey pains. I think it's just all the stretching of the muscles and stuff making room for baby!!

I really cannot wait for my 12 week scan! Can't believe I've got another 7 weeks to wait!! I'm sure they will fly by but I just want it to be here already so I can see my baby!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->