Spring rainbows 2016 - Come keep me company!

Hello les, im sorry for your loss :hugs: welcome to the thread! the girls here have all been through the same thing recently but we've all experienced different outcomes with our mc's.

My experience was frustratingly drawn out and I now believe it was because I had some retained tissue in my uterus. Took me 6 weeks to get a negative test and a further 2 weeks to get AF, my MMC was confirmed 17th November 2015. Luckily, it seems you have a follow up scan and hopefully there won't be any leftover tissue :hugs:

I would recommend giving it 2-3 weeks before testing again as this is the recommended waiting time for the hcg to leave your system. It will also save a lot of heartache as it's gut wrenching seeing that test continuing to show positive :cry:

I have reluctantly had to change to taking my temperature vaginally as my chart just jumps up and down all the time, when I did it this morning it was completely different which annoys me.

I did it orally first and got 35.94 and vaginally i got 36.25.... why so different :haha: It's probably going to make my chart look a bit crazy switching mid cycle but what the hell :haha:

Hi lesondemavie! Nice to have you here (although obviously if prefer if none of us had a reason to be here). My recovery was pretty quick. I started testing when I stopped spotting after 6 days and my tests got very faint by about 10 days but then got stronger again and I had some more spotting. By day 16 I had a proper negative but when then a faint line on a FRER a couple of days later. I still got the odd faint line on Internet cheapies when I got a positive ovulation test, on day 21 or 22 I think.
But experiences can be very different and for some people it does take a long time. I'd wait for your scan and if that looks good, maybe test once bleeding has stopped after that. It's a tough time. It messes with your head and your hormones are all over the place but it will settle down and you'll feel "normal" again soon.

Jemma, the things we do when trying to conceive! Hope your charts get a bit easier to read this way. I guess for this month it might mean that you can't really interpret any temp shift, because it could just be the different method.

AFM, terrible back pain here but that's probably from working at a desk all day. Boobs still sore last night and I do have that "uterus pressure". 5dpo I think?

Yeah the things we do :dohh: I'll just assume a temp shift has occurred if the next 2 days are higher. Though I can't compare it to the rest of the chart I can make an educated guess :shrug: I've had good signs like ewcm, O pain/cramps and the obvious +opk so I'm feeling confident O happened. Just hope we've taken full advantage :happydance:

It's good to hear you have some pregnancy like symptoms already, I have everything crossed it's a sticky bean for you :hugs:

MrsRose, I know the feeling you're describing! Have had it every early pregnancy and might be having it as of tonight as well. But I also had it, really badly, the cycle before we started ttc. So much so that I was convinced I was pregnant, despite knowing how unlikely it was, and was totally surprised when AF came. I think it's hormone-linked but not necessarily always a pregnancy symptom (as I've discovered). Definitely promising though!

That's interesting! I've never had it not pregnant so we'll see. The pressure has lightened up a bit so it could be nothing. When I go potty, there never seems to be as much urine as I was expecting...kinda like with a UTI. Like, the pressure makes it feel like my bladder is full but then I don't go as much as I thought I would. Is that how yours is?

Now that you mention it, I did have trouble peeing last time. Not a lot but kinda felt like there was something in the way? And I was diagnosed with a uti 3 months later, so maybe that was it then already?? No idea. No such issues this time, just the pressure on and off. Are you still getting it?

It's good to hear you have some pregnancy like symptoms already, I have everything crossed it's a sticky bean for you :hugs:

I don't actually think they're pregnancy symptoms. Could be but could just be pms. I guess I'm writing them down so if I'm not pregnant, I can look back in future months and maybe notice if anything changes.

And yeah, I think you can be pretty confident that you ovulated (and when), regardless of the chart.

I don't actually think they're pregnancy symptoms. Could be but could just be pms. I guess I'm writing them down so if I'm not pregnant, I can look back in future months and maybe notice if anything changes.

And yeah, I think you can be pretty confident that you ovulated (and when), regardless of the chart.

This is true, but im all fx'ed its pregnancy.

AFM; I will be scared if I get any symptoms at all if I'm honest. With my son I had absolutely nothing, was as easy as a pregnancy could get. With the MMC I had loads of pregnancy symptoms and it wasn't viable :shrug: Bodies are strange!!

MrsRose, I know the feeling you're describing! Have had it every early pregnancy and might be having it as of tonight as well. But I also had it, really badly, the cycle before we started ttc. So much so that I was convinced I was pregnant, despite knowing how unlikely it was, and was totally surprised when AF came. I think it's hormone-linked but not necessarily always a pregnancy symptom (as I've discovered). Definitely promising though!

That's interesting! I've never had it not pregnant so we'll see. The pressure has lightened up a bit so it could be nothing. When I go potty, there never seems to be as much urine as I was expecting...kinda like with a UTI. Like, the pressure makes it feel like my bladder is full but then I don't go as much as I thought I would. Is that how yours is?

Now that you mention it, I did have trouble peeing last time. Not a lot but kinda felt like there was something in the way? And I was diagnosed with a uti 3 months later, so maybe that was it then already?? No idea. No such issues this time, just the pressure on and off. Are you still getting it?

Yes, that's exactly what it feels like. The pressure has eased up the past few days though it's still there. I've had some pelvic twinges over the last several days but nothing major. Last night and this morning I'm noticing more of achey feeling in my pelvic region on and off.

I started keeping track of all my symptoms last month so I can compare, and I'm doing the same this time. It's interesting to see how things compare! Just wish I would've started it with my first pregnancy, but I was so clueless then. I've learned SOOOO much since that first CP.

I have reluctantly had to change to taking my temperature vaginally as my chart just jumps up and down all the time, when I did it this morning it was completely different which annoys me.

I did it orally first and got 35.94 and vaginally i got 36.25.... why so different :haha: It's probably going to make my chart look a bit crazy switching mid cycle but what the hell :haha:

Maybe you should temp both ways for the remainder of this cycle so you have a benchmark? Even though your temps are crazy, there could be some crazy pattern forming that you might not be able to see if you just switch to vaginal temping.

Welcome, les. I'm sorry you have to be here but I think it helps to be able to chat with other women in similar situations. I've had 2 CPs and my HCG never got beyond 23 so it went down really quickly. I have low progesterone so I started that 3dpo this cycle, and I also started baby aspirin in case there's a clotting issue. I really hope the progesterone is what is causing the CPs, but to be safe, DH and I are having carrier testing done in a few weeks.

Thanks Amyg and rose for the welcomes. I actually met my little one last night. We could see the arm and leg buds and the big head and everything. So surreal. As scary as it sounds, it brought me a sense of closure. Hopefully this is the beginning of the end so we can get back to trying. I hope you don't mind that I'm here a bit early. I just feel like I'm in limbo and like I need to be around others who are back to ttc already.

mrsrose - I asked my ob about progesterone too. I was concerned because my LP is just 10 days, but I did carry my little sprout all the way to 6.5 weeks. Do you know if low progesterone is more likely to cause CPs than MCs further along?

Thanks Amyg and rose for the welcomes. I actually met my little one last night. We could see the arm and leg buds and the big head and everything. So surreal. As scary as it sounds, it brought me a sense of closure. Hopefully this is the beginning of the end so we can get back to trying. I hope you don't mind that I'm here a bit early. I just feel like I'm in limbo and like I need to be around others who are back to ttc already.

mrsrose - I asked my ob about progesterone too. I was concerned because my LP is just 10 days, but I did carry my little sprout all the way to 6.5 weeks. Do you know if low progesterone is more likely to cause CPs than MCs further along?

Oh gosh. I'm so sorry but I'm glad you're finding a sense of closure. :hugs:

Did your ob check your progesterone? A short luteal phase can be an indicator of a progesterone deficiency, though sounds like you know that already. I haven't done research into progesterone causing later MCs since I haven't made it that far...but I have read that it can cause early MCs. I thought the info here was interesting, https://natural-fertility-info.com/progesterone-fertility-guide.

mrsrose - I asked my ob about getting my levels checked, but since this is my first mc she is assuming it was just a fluke genetic factor. I hate that we have to risk going through so much heartache before they'll even test for other causes.

Thanks for the site. I also found this one to be helpful: https://www.pregnancyloss.info/causes.htm

I think I'm going to let it go for now. I'd rather not add anything new without knowing that I really am low on those levels, and it looks like it's not great for what happened to me anyway. At least now I know that I can get pregnant, and I can hang onto the the beautiful little bean for a good chunk of time.

Hope you all don't mind me popping in. Amyg, I already know you from your sweet, inspiring response in my time of need. How long did it take for the hpts to go negative after your mmc? I took misoprostol just a few days ago. I'm bleeding lightly and hpt is still a blazing positive. It hurts too much to look at it. I think I'm going to wait until I stop bleeding to poas again. Just wondering how long that might be. My ob wants me to come back in for another ultrasound to make sure I'm all good. I'm also dreading going back there, but DH will go with me and hold my hand and we'll probably have a good cry after. Thanks in advance for the support!

Welcome Lesondemavie - so sorry for your loss...pleased you got closure, that must have been very surreal! Regards the negative pregnancy test - I was told give it 2 weeks and poas - should be pretty much negative by then (approx.). But that being said I think it does vary on how far gone you were when you lost xx x

AFM - Well I am CD 11 and feel like my body is gearing up to ovulate pretty soon - I get mild discomfort around my lower abdomen - did a ovulation test and was very much negative. Watching out for EWCM as that is my sign and how I have managed to fall pregnant last two times :thumbup:. I have a feeling it will likely be Friday - bit of a pain as I am away with work from Thursday morning until Friday evening then have friends around for drinks....might try and get a sneaky DTD in before they come over :haha:. Was planning to get on it tonight also to get some early swimmers in (sorry TMI) but the stark negative OV tests means I may actually wait until tomorrow evening.

Its been ages since we have DTD what with the pregnancy then loss.....post D&C DTD is scary :cry:

Can I ask - UK ladies - do we get the option of progesterone testing? Or taking as a supplement? Can we buy over the counter/online. I am wondering if mine is too low therefore causing MC around 9 weeks

mrsrose - I asked my ob about getting my levels checked, but since this is my first mc she is assuming it was just a fluke genetic factor. I hate that we have to risk going through so much heartache before they'll even test for other causes.

Thanks for the site. I also found this one to be helpful: https://www.pregnancyloss.info/causes.htm

I think I'm going to let it go for now. I'd rather not add anything new without knowing that I really am low on those levels, and it looks like it's not great for what happened to me anyway. At least now I know that I can get pregnant, and I can hang onto the the beautiful little bean for a good chunk of time.

Ugh, that's so annoying. I don't understand why some doctors won't be more proactive about testing especially for something like this that is easily treatable. My OB said that some doctors don't ever test for progesterone which I think is just crazy! I'm thankful that she's open to testing for it and giving me a Rx...though compared to some others, it sounds like my dosage is on the low side. If I get a BFP, I may add in some progesterone cream to be on the safe side.

Mitchnorm, I don't know if you could get testing. I'm guessing you'd have to see your GP and hope that they're inclined to help. But if they're going "by the book" then they won't do anything until after your third consecutive loss. Sucks, I know!! I had a very bad experience when I went to see my then-GP early in my pregnancy after my first loss and asked for a scan as I was terrified it wasn't viable again and I wouldn't find out until 12 weeks. He basically said "no chance" and told me that until 12 weeks anything can happen so it wasn't worth their time bothering to scan me. (That's bullshit by the way. An early scan can very much give an indication of whether a pregnancy is viable or not!) That's not to say that all GPs are like that. And I have a friend who phoned our EPU during early pregnancy after a loss because she was having cramps and was worried and they gave her a reassurance scan, no questions asked. I'd imagine progesterone testing will be similar, some will do it, others won't. I just hate how so often you're made to feel like you're a burden for using the NHS for anything at all. I think we're so lucky to have a healthcare system that everyone has equal access to but I think attitudes towards patients are often shocking. No wonder we have some of the highest rates of mental health problems when that's how they treat people in such vulnerable situations. Anyway, I ramble...
I don't know if taking progesterone by yourself would be a good idea though, even if you could get it (can you? I don't know.). You'd have to stop at some point and a drop in progesterone can cause problems for a pregnancy so I think you'd probably want medical advice on when and how to stop.

Incidentally, is there anything to suggest that an around 9 week loss is related to progesterone? I've had two (8+3 and 9+3) but I always thought progesterone caused issues earlier?

Incidentally, is there anything to suggest that an around 9 week loss is related to progesterone? I've had two (8+3 and 9+3) but I always thought progesterone caused issues earlier?

They say anything up to 10 weeks can be due to a hormonal problem. Past that the placenta takes over, hcg levels off and then drops, and your progesterone shoots through the roof (thank you placenta). With my short LPs (I O on CD12 but my cycles are only 22 days) and my loss at 6+4 that was discovered at 8+1, I worry about my progesterone level...buuut the more I read the more focus does seems to be more on conception and the first few weeks after. There's also some concern that supplementation in early pregnancy could lead to a non-viable baby surviving longer. My good friend spotted early in her first pg and so she supplemented with progesterone. They found out in early second tri that the baby had trisomy. She carried her little girl almost full-term, but she was stillborn. Now she always wonders if she would have MC'd naturally earlier if she hadn't supplemented. There's also risk that if you supplement and then miss a dose for whatever reason your levels could suddenly drop which would be bad for the baby. So many worries swirling in my head but none of them are clear cut or easy. For now, I think I'm going to just push the worries aside and give this another go naturally. Hopefully I get the go ahead sooner rather than later.

Also as a side note, I hate that the doctors say that most early MCs are just chance genetic abnormalities when the stats I'm seeing are around 60%. I guess that's "most" but not by the huge land slide they make it seem.

Given my temps, I'm sure this is still just minor fluctuations in hcg from my MMC but it's making me crazy! I woke up and almost tossed my cookies in the middle of the night. So, I took a hpt this am (top). Then I took one this afternoon (bottom). The afternoon one is clearly darker. I'm really insane. :wacko:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 7
TTC I think it's best if you go and have a word with your gp doctor, whilst I see a line in the second pic I don't think it has any colour so could be an evap :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->