• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Stacey Solomon Smoking whilst pregnant

Lets face it...she aint the brightest button in the box! I havent seen the interview, i dont feel sorry for her and i hate how people think they can put the lives and health of their unborn child at risk..shes just a very silly, selfish girl imo

I find this a tad rude basically saying she's thick is what your getting to..... Hardly selfish for trying to cut down :dohh:... Selfish would be her continuing to smoke heavily and saying so what about my baby when she's doi the exact opersite...... I find after this your just a silly rude girl :shrug:....

Well done on being absolutly perfect and never making mistakes:thumbup:

How rude :dohh:

She obviouly isnt the brightest button in the box if its taken her being exposed to the public to realise she could be damaging her childs health:shrug: Shes 7 months pregnant, shes not a first time mother so she should be fully aware of the risks yet admitted she didnt try and stop..
That imo is a very selfish and very stupid act!

Every cigarette restricts the oxygen supply to an unborn child....if you restricted the oxygen supply to a newborn that would be classed as child abouse...whats the difference really?

So now you accusing her of child abuse:dohh:....

I would love to know what the difference is tbh..like i said you can legally restrict a babys oxygen when in the womb but as soon as its born its child abuse.
I also dont iunderstand the people who smoke (no matter how little) during pregnancy then once the baby is born go outside to smoke ...surely smoking why all the babys little organs are developing muct be sooooo much worse for the child.

So not only are you accusing her of her abusing her children your also accusing every smoking mother on here of abusing their child:dohh:..... You only have to hear the way she talks about her children to see how much she loves them:shrug:....... Smoking doesn't define her parenting but you being rude defines you as a person :thumbup:.......

A previous poster on this thread Lydiarose has cut down to basically nothing since being pregnant..... Is she abusing her children or is she doing well for trying her best:shrug:.....

Again congrats on being super mum:thumbup:

It doesnt matter how she talks about her children! Imo actions speak much louder than words..she has admitted she hasnt tried to stop!
Im not being rude by expressing my opinion..my opinions do define me as a person, i agree! I an a very opinionated person and i stand firm on what i believe.

LMAO at the last comment...i am by no means perfect but i try my damnd hardest to make sure my kids are brought up well and in a safe and secure environment ..be it when in the womb or out :thumbup:
There's having an opinion and then being plain rude:growlmad:......

When you say you try your hardest I hope therefore you stick to ALL the guidelines..... Bf, no co-sleeping, don't wean before 6 months or you may well be abusing your child by your standards:dohh:

I honestly dont understand how you can compare filling your unborn childs lungs and developing organs with shitty chemicals to ff..there is literally no comparison.

Comparing this to FF and BF is ridiculous. You HAVE to feed your child and FF isn't harming your child. Smoking is not a necessity. This would only work if we were saying she was selfish for smoking cigarettes and not roll ups or not smoking light cigarettes.

Actually its not ridiculous when you consider the health difference between a bf child to a ff child!

Take newborn animals for example the difference between feeding of mum and feeding from a bottle can mean the difference between life and death, that is how important colostrum and milk from mum is!!
JUST AN EXAMPLE before you all say 'animals are hardly people are they'

I would like to state that i am NOT accusing ff mums of child abuse or neglect am i not judging you for you personal choice!!

Keep saying Highhopes that I did all those. As did many, many others. Knowingly taking something which will pass to the baby with such awful potential consequences is baffling to me. Completely baffling. It is not about being perfect, it is about doing all you can to protect and nurture your child. The damage smoking does is evident on the placenta.

Having experienced having a child born sleeping I will never understand why anyone would do anything that increases the risk of that happening to them. If that makes me judgemental so be it.

Comparing this to FF and BF is ridiculous. You HAVE to feed your child and FF isn't harming your child. Smoking is not a necessity. This would only work if we were saying she was selfish for smoking cigarettes and not roll ups or not smoking light cigarettes.

Actually its not ridiculous when you consider the health difference between a bf child to a ff child!

Take newborn animals for example the difference between feeding of mum and feeding from a bottle can mean the difference between life and death, that is how important colostrum and milk from mum is!!

I have both ff and bf and my lads are perfectly healthy, infact they are hardly ever ill..IF ff and bf was a matter of life or death then there would be women oaid to express for the mothers who didnt produce enough milk and there wouldnt be any formula sold at all. :dohh:

Keep saying Highhopes that I did all those. As did many, many others. Knowingly taking something which will pass to the baby with such awful potential consequences is baffling to me. Completely baffling. It is not about being perfect, it is about doing all you can to protect and nurture your child. The damage smoking does is evident on the placenta.

Having experienced having a child born sleeping I will never understand why anyone would do anything that increases the risk of that happening to them. If that makes me judgemental so be it.

Im sorry for your loss :hugs:
I know of someone who had a sleeping baby and went on to have 2 other children..and smoked all the way through both..the reasoning behind that was...'it wouldnt be fair on the child they lost' :wacko: :shrug:

I have both ff and bf and my lads are perfectly healthy, infact they are hardly ever ill..IF ff and bf was a matter of life or death then there would be women oaid to express for the mothers who didnt produce enough milk and there wouldnt be any formula sold at all. :dohh:

Generaly speaking bf babies are healthier... its not an opinion its a fact but im not saying that mums who ff are bad mums at all, personally i think bf is best, there are of course situations where you have to ff and some people just want to my point is that is THERE choice and who are we all to judge.
btw i dont think smoking is good for baby or anyone in any situation.

Generaly speaking bf babies are healthier... its not an opinion its a fact but im not saying that mums who ff are bad mums at all, personally i think bf is best, there are of course situations where you have to ff and some people just want to my point is that is THERE choice and who are we all to judge.

BF babies are healthier than FF babies? All 3 of my babies were FF and they are as healthy as can be. Just saying....

Sorry just to clarify when i say the difference between life and death i am talking about animals as i said i was using it as an EXAMPLE.

BF babies are healthier than FF babies? All 3 of my babies were FF and they are as healthy as can be. Just saying....

Are you sure? :haha:

Surely no one is going to sit and here say "I think it's a great idea that people continue to smoke while they're pregnant!" I just don't understand why some of you find it necessary to bash the hell out of someone who does? Especially someone you don't know anything about?

I certainly don't agree with smoking while pregnant, or around children, or around other human beings for that matter...but me being totally judgemental of people who make different choices isn't going to help anyone. :shrug:

I think this topic has gotten a bit silly.

Im sure they are and lots of people smoke when pregnant with no harm done to baby!!.... i am just trying to say we shouldn't judge other peoples personal decisions.. i am not bashing mums who ff... it wasn't even me who bought it up first lol.

Im sure they are and lots of people smoke when pregnant with no harm done to baby!!.... i am just trying to say we shouldn't judge other peoples personal decisions.. i am not bashing mums who ff... it wasn't even me who bought it up first lol.

Oh no, I know you're not bashing anyone who FF's. I'm just trying to say that you can FF and the baby can be just fine. But as for smoking during pregnancy, smoking and FFing really have no comparison. When you're smoking during pregnancy you are putting your baby at potential risk for complications but when you're FFing you're still feeding your baby whether people think it's not as healthy as the breast. BFing probably is healthier than FFing but like you said, some people just can't or choose not to BF and there's nothing wrong with that. I for one can't do it for personal reasons. I just know my children still got fed and they are healthy. But I know you're not bashing anyone.

Are you asking if I'm sure my kids are healthy? I would certainly say so!! lol

If you read it properly you would see I wasn't comparing that breast is best as this is not what it's about:dohh:....

Are you asking if I'm sure my kids are healthy? I would certainly say so!! lol

My daughters also ff and is healthy hun :D.......

Why the hell bring ff v bf into this? Obviously ur insecure about ur self to just bring these up to try and justify ur self.
Oh n I've ff and bf.

This thread is about smoking during pregnancy and the fact she's been on tv n basically said she's not tried to stop ffs!
I'm judging a person I don't no yes because I've seen a picture of her with a fag in her gob while pregnant, and I will judge every woman who smokes while pregnant because it's wrong! Like a pp said u wouldn't blow smoke in a child's face but that's EXACTLY what u do when smoking during pregnant.

If we can't judge someone we don't no how can u defend them?

Personally I do think it should be classed as child abuse because a pregnant woman smoking is abusing that unborn babies body

How on earth can you compare not BF or co sleeping etc to the same as smoking during pregnancy?????????????? FFS that's ridiculous and completely O/T.

If a baby is FF they are still getting fed, they are not being starved. Some Mums can't BF for medical reasons or because for some reason they can't produce milk........You telling me a Mum carries on smoking through no choice of her own??

Smoking has so many health risks to the unborn baby and the baby after its born, I don't know why anyone would not want to do all they can to prevent these risks.

xx

If you read it properly you would see I wasn't comparing that breast is best as this is not what it's about:dohh:....

Well I'm glad cos there is no comparison in my opinion. A few people had brought up ff/bf so it wasn't completely directed at you. :thumbup:

If everything we do when pregnant goes to our baby..... Then what about eating fast foods that still gets passed to our Los is this child abuse ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->