Stacey Solomon Smoking whilst pregnant

Lets face it...she aint the brightest button in the box! I havent seen the interview, i dont feel sorry for her and i hate how people think they can put the lives and health of their unborn child at risk..shes just a very silly, selfish girl imo

I find this a tad rude basically saying she's thick is what your getting to..... Hardly selfish for trying to cut down :dohh:... Selfish would be her continuing to smoke heavily and saying so what about my baby when she's doi the exact opersite...... I find after this your just a silly rude girl :shrug:....

Well done on being absolutly perfect and never making mistakes:thumbup:

How rude :dohh:

Lets face it...she aint the brightest button in the box! I havent seen the interview, i dont feel sorry for her and i hate how people think they can put the lives and health of their unborn child at risk..shes just a very silly, selfish girl imo

I find this a tad rude basically saying she's thick is what your getting to..... Hardly selfish for trying to cut down :dohh:... Selfish would be her continuing to smoke heavily and saying so what about my baby when she's doi the exact opersite...... I find after this your just a silly rude girl :shrug:....

Her interviews would suggest she is only looking into stopping smoking now that she has been seen in public. Not before. She cut down but didn't look at ways to stop completely. That is selfish in many people's opinion. All these comments about people being perfect get my goat and do not change the fact that she is doing something that is directly harmful to her child but hasn't stopped. Interesting that she is not making excuses but others are for her.

Her interviews would suggest she is only looking into stopping smoking now that she has been seen in public. Not before. She cut down but didn't look at ways to stop completely. That is selfish in many people's opinion. All these comments about people being perfect get my goat and do not change the fact that she is doing something that is directly harmful to her child but hasn't stopped. Interesting that she is not making excuses but others are for her.[/

She also said that people are being a little harsh on her which I totally agree they are..... Even Philip schofeild thought it was disgusting that people were judging her parenting because she smokes.........

No need to call her stupid and thick that's just plain rude IMO!!!
Also her interviews suggest you said...... So you don't actually know she hasn't tried to stop completely either:dohh:....... Don't judge someone before you walk in their shoes :thumbup:.......

She obviouly isnt the brightest button in the box if its taken her being exposed to the public to realise she could be damaging her childs health:shrug: Shes 7 months pregnant, shes not a first time mother so she should be fully aware of the risks yet admitted she didnt try and stop..
That imo is a very selfish and very stupid act!

Every cigarette restricts the oxygen supply to an unborn child....if you restricted the oxygen supply to a newborn that would be classed as child abouse...whats the difference really?

Her interviews would suggest she is only looking into stopping smoking now that she has been seen in public. Not before. She cut down but didn't look at ways to stop completely. That is selfish in many people's opinion. All these comments about people being perfect get my goat and do not change the fact that she is doing something that is directly harmful to her child but hasn't stopped. Interesting that she is not making excuses but others are for her.[/

She also said that people are being a little harsh on her which I totally agree they are..... Even Philip schofeild thought it was disgusting that people were judging her parenting because she smokes.........

Also her interviews suggest you said...... So you don't actually know she hasn't tried to stop completely either:dohh:....... Don't judge someone before you walk in their shoes :thumbup:.......

Please point out where i used the words 'stupid and thick' :thumbup:

She obviouly isnt the brightest button in the box if its taken her being exposed to the public to realise she could be damaging her childs health:shrug: Shes 7 months pregnant, shes not a first time mother so she should be fully aware of the risks yet admitted she didnt try and stop..

Every cigarette restricts the oxygen supply to an unborn child....if you restricted the oxygen supply to a newborn that would be classed as child abouse...whats the difference really?

So now you accusing her of child abuse:dohh:....

Please point out where i used the words 'stupid and thick' :thumbup:

Your suggesting she is though basically by saying she's not the brightest button in the box...... I don't know what other meaning could come from that statement without suggesting you think that:shrug:

I would love to know what the difference is tbh..like i said you can legally restrict a babys oxygen when in the womb but as soon as its born its child abuse.
I also dont iunderstand the people who smoke (no matter how little) during pregnancy then once the baby is born go outside to smoke ...surely smoking why all the babys little organs are developing muct be sooooo much worse for the child.

I would love to know what the difference is tbh..like i said you can legally restrict a babys oxygen when in the womb but as soon as its born its child abuse.
I also dont iunderstand the people who smoke (no matter how little) during pregnancy then once the baby is born go outside to smoke ...surely smoking why all the babys little organs are developing muct be sooooo much worse for the child.

I know! It's so hypocritical. My OH's SIL smoked heavily whilst pregnant with her 1st and 2nd even though her 1st was born with a hernia due to her smoking. She also smoked when she breast fed for the first few weeks too. She's been smoking in front of her 1st child who is now 3 and a half since he was a few weeks old but left the room to smoke when her 2nd was born. It's just so ridiculous.. how is it okay to smoke in front of a toddler but not a newborn? How do you justify smoking when pregnant but smoking in front of him is wrong?

Selfish? I think so :dohh:

I know! It's so hypocritical. My OH's SIL smoked heavily whilst pregnant with her 1st and 2nd even though her 1st was born with a hernia due to her smoking. She also smoked when she breast fed for the first few weeks too. She's been smoking in front of her 1st child who is now 3 and a half since he was a few weeks old but left the room to smoke when her 2nd was born. It's just so ridiculous.. how is it okay to smoke in front of a toddler but not a newborn? How do you justify smoking when pregnant but smoking in front of him is wrong?

Selfish? I think so :dohh:

My mom smoked heavily with me..i lived in a house full of smoke until i left home at 16, i knew no better at the time but now i think how little they must have thought of me esp smoking while pregnant.
NOTHING can excuse that imo its just a total disgrace.

Ohhh i am in awe of all of you perfect mothers out there!!
why are you all so quick to judge someone you dont even know??

it seems everyone has an opinion about what everyone else is doing, cant you just be happy in your own choices and leave other people alone?? the poor woman is hardly guilty of child abuse or some of the other awful things you have all said about her.
We are ALL guilty of making wrong choices and at times could ALL be better people and dare i say mothers (take cover)
There are far worse things a person can do than give in to the craving for a cigarette.
And can i just say those of you who see celebrities as role models seriously need to turn big brother off and go out in the real world!!

And FYI i am not a smoker.

Wow, this topic is bringing out some heated debates :D
Me personally, I dont care about her life choices. She is a celebrity, a complete stranger who has no relevance in my life. ask me about my sister in law and her smoking during pregnancy then I'll tell you how I feel!
Smoking is bad for you, even when you're not pregnant but I can't judge/say bad things because I don't know how that addiction works. As a non smoker myself I don't know what it's like to 'give up' or 'cut down'.
So I hope she learns from her mistakes and moves on from this, having a happy and healthy baby.

I also hope she has a healthy baby because I've seen my poor nephew being in so much pain from a hernia and Undescended testes (both of which are at increased risk when smoking when pregnant) He had to be in and out of the hospital for months as he lost so much weight and would cry all the time. He also had to have operations, these problems maybe could have been avoided if the mother put her child before her habit whilst pregnant and my nephew wouldn't of had to suffer. This subject is very close to my heart and it disgusts me when pregnant women smoke without trying to quit.

So not only are you accusing her of her abusing her children your also accusing every smoking mother on here of abusing their child:dohh:..... You only have to hear the way she talks about her children to see how much she loves them:shrug:....... Smoking doesn't define her parenting but you being rude defines you as a person :thumbup:.......

A previous poster on this thread Lydiarose has cut down to basically nothing since being pregnant..... Is she abusing her children or is she doing well for trying her best:shrug:.....

Again congrats on being super mum:thumbup:

In my honest opinion, I wouldn't smoke during pregnancy. Not even one. Only because if something WERE to happen I would blame myself forever. I also feel that if you're TTC and you're a smoker, you should stop smoking before TTC only because if you get pregnant and you're still struggling to quit, it's gonna be really stressful for you to try not to smoke while you're in the early weeks of pregnancy which are very crucial. I don't judge people though, I honestly don't. These are just opinions. The fact is smoking during pregnancy can lead to a lot of complications so of course I wouldn't do it and I don't agree with those who do but sometimes it's not so easy to put the cig down. I know my mom did smoke once in a while in the beginning when she was pregnant with my brother. She was struggling to quit and she finally did. He was ok though! But for me it's just a chance I wouldn't take.

So not only are you accusing her of her abusing her children your also accusing every smoking mother on here of abusing their child:dohh:..... You only have to hear the way she talks about her children to see how much she loves them:shrug:....... Smoking doesn't define her parenting but you being rude defines you as a person :thumbup:.......

A previous poster on this thread Lydiarose has cut down to basically nothing since being pregnant..... Is she abusing her children or is she doing well for trying her best:shrug:.....

It doesnt matter how she talks about her children! Imo actions speak much louder than words..she has admitted she hasnt tried to stop!
Im not being rude by expressing my opinion..my opinions do define me as a person, i agree! I an a very opinionated person and i stand firm on what i believe.

LMAO at the last comment...i am by no means perfect but i try my damnd hardest to make sure my kids are brought up well and in a safe and secure environment ..be it when in the womb or out :thumbup:

You wouldn't suggest a mother who ff was abusing their child for not breast feeding.... Which is obviously better for their child..... Not bf can increase the risk of infections obesity etc..... No one cares to say they are abusing their children. (which I 100% know their not I ff) I ff am I abusing my child? No I think not!

Their are risks of smoking and drinking whilst pregnant, also risks for weaning early, not bf, co-sleeping etc...... Are those parents abusing their children for ignoring the risks:shrug:
My parents smoke is this child abuse? No definatly not :dohh:.....

You wouldn't suggest a mother who ff was abusing their child for not breast feeding.... Which is obviously better for their child..... Not bf can increase the risk of infections obesity etc..... No one cares to say they are abusing their children. (which I 100% know their not I ff) I ff am I abusing my child? No I think not!

Their are risks of smoking and drinking whilst pregnant, also risks for weaning early, not bf, co-sleeping etc...... Are those parents abusing their children for ignoring the risks:shrug:
My parents smoke is this child abuse? No definatly not :dohh:.....

This I agree with as I FF too. Lots of people ask me "will you BF?" and when I say no, they feel this need to ask me over and over again in awe WHY NOT? It's a personal decision that does NOT need to be talked over.

It doesnt matter how she talks about her children! Imo actions speak much louder than words..she has admitted she hasnt tried to stop!
Im not being rude by expressing my opinion..my opinions do define me as a person, i agree! I an a very opinionated person and i stand firm on what i believe.

LMAO at the last comment...i am by no means perfect but i try my damnd hardest to make sure my kids are brought up well and in a safe and secure environment ..be it when in the womb or out :thumbup:
There's having an opinion and then being plain rude:growlmad:......

When you say you try your hardest I hope therefore you stick to ALL the guidelines..... Bf, no co-sleeping, don't wean before 6 months or you may well be abusing your child by your standards:dohh:

Comparing this to FF and BF is ridiculous. You HAVE to feed your child and FF isn't harming your child. Smoking is not a necessity. This would only work if we were saying she was selfish for smoking cigarettes and not roll ups or not smoking light cigarettes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->