• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Stacey Solomon Smoking whilst pregnant

If people read what I put I was replying at a poster who accused her and others that smoke... Even those that cut down and are trying of child abuse, which is bang out of order!!

I don't even smoke.. I don't condone smoking whilst pregnant but all I was saying was its wrong to judge her by saying she's a bad mother.

I was also told they do EVERYTHING to protect their childs health, so I was making sure they were doing EVERYTHInG like they stated!!!! :D

Actually love i did not accuse ANYONE of child abuse .... i meerly asked the difference between restircting oxygen from an unborn child and the difference between restricting the oxygen supply to a newborn...i meerly stated that the later would be classed as child abuse when really there is no difference what so ever!

To compare smoking to eating unhealthy foods is just insane just like comparing ff and bf..there is really no comparrison!
I would see where you were coming from if you gave me some evidence that fast food or unhealthier options of food stunted an unborn childs growth, increased risks of cot death, still birth and many, many more risks then i think you would be able to have an argument.

Also just to point out that women NEED to eat and some people do not have the funds to eat healthy options of food on a daily basis..sad but very true..please tell me where the NEED is for smoking? There is none :shrug:

Why do grown up adults call for threads to be loacked? Surely adults are able to debate and discuss? Just because people disagree with each other does not mean that all threads like this need to be locked?

I know that I for one followed all guidelines and do all I can to make good choices. I constantly look at the choices I make and critcally reassess them. I know many, many other parents who do the same. I feel no differently about Stacey Soloman than I do anyone else smoking in pg. For me , it is not okay and never will be. Last time I looked I was entitled to have these opinions and as an adult wearing my big girl pants I stand by them.

Because some things are worth fighting over and some things aren't. It's called picking and choosing your battles. Plus, I am sure if someone said they like Charmin toilet paper over Cottonelle, there would be another massive fight. It's how it is lol. But to keep going with it, that's when it should just be locked so it's over and forgotten about. Just my opinion!! :shrug:

If people read what I put I was replying at a poster who accused her and others that smoke... Even those that cut down and are trying of child abuse, which is bang out of order!!

I don't even smoke.. I don't condone smoking whilst pregnant but all I was saying was its wrong to judge her by saying she's a bad mother.

I was also told they do EVERYTHING to protect their childs health, so I was making sure they were doing EVERYTHInG like they stated!!!! :D

Actually love i did not accuse ANYONE of child abuse .... i meerly asked the difference between restircting oxygen from an unborn child and the difference between restricting the oxygen supply to a newborn...i meerly stated that the later would be classed as child abuse when really there is no difference what so ever!

To compare smoking to eating unhealthy foods is just insane just like comparing ff and bf..there is really no comparrison!
I would see where you were coming from if you gave me some evidence that fast food or unhealthier options of food stunted an unborn childs growth, increased risks of cot death, still birth and many, many more risks then i think you would be able to have an argument.

Also just to point out that women NEED to eat and some people do not have the funds to eat healthy options of food on a daily basis..sad but very true..please tell me where the NEED is for smoking? There is none :shrug:

There's plenty of evidence I'm not saying eithers right LOVE!

I was pointing out there was no need for you to bring child abuse into it also no need to call someone 'not the brightest button in the box' I think its very rude!

Also pointing out people are so quick to judge but they should look at themsleves and their own pregnancies!

Gosh with someone as judgmental and as argumentative as you come accross your gonna fit in just perfectly in baby club LOL!!

Why do grown up adults call for threads to be loacked? Surely adults are able to debate and discuss? Just because people disagree with each other does not mean that all threads like this need to be locked?

I know that I for one followed all guidelines and do all I can to make good choices. I constantly look at the choices I make and critcally reassess them. I know many, many other parents who do the same. I feel no differently about Stacey Soloman than I do anyone else smoking in pg. For me , it is not okay and never will be. Last time I looked I was entitled to have these opinions and as an adult wearing my big girl pants I stand by them.

Because some things are worth fighting over and some things aren't. It's called picking and choosing your battles. Plus, I am sure if someone said they like Charmin toilet paper over Cottonelle, there would be another massive fight. It's how it is lol. But to keep going with it, that's when it should just be locked so it's over and forgotten about. Just my opinion!! :shrug:

Cottonelle, duh. Have you seen the way that mama charmin bear lets her little ones run around with toilet paper all over their butts? Just gross. And they never wear clothes. Its immoral and wrong.

Cottonelle, duh. Have you seen the way that mama charmin bear lets her little ones run around with toilet paper all over their butts? Just gross. And they never wear clothes. Its immoral and wrong.

:rofl::rofl::rofl: It's so funny you said that because I always tell DH that it's so gross they show that lolol.

There's plenty of evidence I'm not saying eithers right LOVE!

I was pointing out there was no need for you to bring child abuse into it also no need to call someone 'not the brightest button in the box' I think its very rude!

Also pointing out people are so quick to judge but they should look at themsleves and their own pregnancies!

Gosh with someone as judgmental and as argumentative as you come accross your gonna fit in just perfectly in baby club LOL!!

Why was there no need to bring child abuse into it? I am genuinely interested in how they differ because i cant see any difference in the two myself!

For reference, anyone who says its child abuse or neglect probably has never had the shit beaten out of them for no reason, and has generally always had food on the table. Just saying.

But yeah, the charmin commercials FREAK ME OUT! They're flat out creepy! I can see where they'd think it'd be cute but they were so off target. I much prefer the quilted northern women.

For reference, anyone who says its child abuse or neglect probably has never had the shit beaten out of them for no reason, and has generally always had food on the table. Just saying.

You recon? I have grown up with a house FULL of smoke from birth, i have had the shit beaten out of me ..with a baseball bat actually and at times when i was growing up i was actually lucky if i got a meal.

And i class ALL of the above as child abuse. :shrug:

Hate it when people call each other "love" on this forum its so patronizing.

I have a real negative view on this because my mum smoked during her pregnancy with all three of her children and we all ended up with respiratory problems as a result. Our life could be fuller without them so I find it beyond selfish. That's just my opinion!

You recon? I have grown up with a house FULL of smoke from birth, i have had the shit beaten out of me ..with a baseball bat actually and at times when i was growing up i was actually lucky if i got a meal.

Reckon is spelled with a k.

Its funny, the kids and women I help with at our shelters, and the women I've met in group, and basically everyone I've ever talked to who has been treated less than human all smoke...And even if they didn't, probably they'd rather have someone light up next to them rather than getting hit.
DUH.

From a societal standpoint, you can't class smoking whilst pregnant as child abuse. As harsh as it is to say, if you give a fetus the same rights as a born child, you're opening a MASSIVE can of worms and laws regarding all sorts of things would have to be changed.

Its funny, the kids and women I help with at our shelters, and the women I've met in group, and basically everyone I've ever talked to who has been treated less than human all smoke...And even if they didn't, probably they'd rather have someone light up next to them rather than getting hit.
DUH.

Im sure they would rather someone light up next to them rather than being hit :shrug:
I have been through all the things you listed personally and still not subjecting my unborn child to smoking or smoking around my child.

DUH.

Im sure they would rather someone light up next to them rather than being hit :shrug:
I have been through all the things you listed personally and still not subjecting my unborn child to smoking or smoking around my child.

Thats good. Everyone who smokes knows that smoking is bad. Everyone that smokes while pregnant knows that smoking is bad. Everyone who knows someone who smokes knows that smoking is bad.
Still doesn't make smoking while pregnant child abuse. Or neglect.

From a societal standpoint, you can't class smoking whilst pregnant as child abuse. As harsh as it is to say, if you give a fetus the same rights as a born child, you're opening a MASSIVE can of worms and laws regarding all sorts of things would have to be changed.

Fetuses should have the right to vote.

Have you read this thread? We dont act like adults, silly. We act like catty 15 year old girls who think THEY ARE RIGHT and NOBODY ELSE IS and if you disagree then you are a BUTTFACE.

Except we use stronger language like "why would you even have a child," "abusive" and then use "It's my opinion, you can't change it" to condone being total bitches to each other.

Oh, and people put ":flower:"s at the end of things...because that totally makes it better.

:flower:

As I have posted throughout this thread the answer would be yes. When it comes to this subject I don't see how on earth anyone can say that smoking is anything other than detrimental to health.

Some of us don't feel the need to resort to sly digs through the use of smilies or sarky language to make an underhand comment. So with this in mind, I still just don't get the need to have every 'hot topic' locked because people don't agree.

Fetuses should have the right to vote.

Now its getting stupid. :dohh:

Its not just because people don't agree, its because well before 24 pages, all opinions have been repeated over and over, and it just becomes a place for people to get self-righteous over whatever they feel like getting bitchy about that day.

For examples:
a thread about cats gets locked. Someone asked for advice, people jumped on her, said she was a terrible person.
a thread about formula feeding gets locked. They were looking for advice, people jumped on her and called her abusive.
a thread about breast feeding gets locked. Looking for advice, people said she was gross, then people called the other people abusive, etc.

This thread comes down to:

Smoking is bad. Nonsmokers know that. Smokers know that. Pregnant people know that. Not pregnant people know that. Calling someone abusive isnt going to help. changing it into a formula vs bf debate isn't going to help. comparing fast food and smoking and beating your child isn't going to help.

Everything that could be said has been said.

Hot topics would be really awesome and kept open if people were able to hold tempers. As is, most people are NOT able to hold tempers. (myself included.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amama
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->