• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Stacey Solomon Smoking whilst pregnant

I think she's lovely :flower:.....

She's made a mistake.... She's human.... She's no where near a bad mum... And whoever says or thinks she is should took a long hard look at themselves because I doubt no one on here or elsewhere is a perfect person or mum...

when my mother was pregnant with me she went from 20-40 cigs a day...now im a mother myself i find that revolting ...no matter what food a mother eats its not like its starving the baby of oxygen everytime the mother puts that food in her mouth.

All ths talk of quitting being too stressful on ur baby is doing my bloody head in!
I went threw the worst time of my life when I was pregnant with Corey, I was beyond stressed and he did just fine.

Using quitting is stressful is a pitiful excuse to carry on smoking, told by a doctor or not.

All ths talk of quitting being too stressful on ur baby is doing my bloody head in!
I went threw the worst time of my life when I was pregnant with Corey, I was beyond stressed and he did just fine.

Using quitting is stressful is a pitiful excuse to carry on smoking, told by a doctor or not.

:hugs: Your strength still astounds me love

I think part of my warped view is that my mum smoked heavily through all her pregnancies. She smoked weed too. She also smoked heavily in the home the whole 17 years I lived with her. I suffer awfully with chest and throat problems related to this. I have SEVERE asthma and have for as long as I remember. I was in and out of hospital all the time and am on steroid tablets etc to manage mine. It's really VERY debilitating.

I deserved better. I deserved to be born and raised in an environment free from smoke. I've been there, I've been the one ACTUALLY affected and I'd never wish that on another child. They all deserve better and to be protected from this. My life would be very different and of a better quality if I did not have the issues I have now - which are ALL related to smoking in pregnancy and second hand smoke as an environment growing up.

xx

I think part of my warped view is that my mum smoked heavily through all her pregnancies. She smoked weed too. She also smoked heavily in the home the whole 17 years I lived with her. I suffer awfully with chest and throat problems related to this. I have SEVERE asthma and have for as long as I remember. I was in and out of hospital all the time and am on steroid tablets etc to manage mine. It's really VERY debilitating.

I deserved better. I deserved to be born and raised in an environment free from smoke. I've been there, I've been the one ACTUALLY affected and I'd never wish that on another child. They all deserve better and to be protected from this. My life would be very different and of a better quality if I did not have the issues I have now - which are ALL related to smoking in pregnancy and second hand smoke as an environment growing up.

xx

I just wanted to say my DD has severe asthma and has been hospitalised and in ICU numerous times. She's on steroid inhalers and occasional steroid tabs to control it but I didn't smoke throughout my pregnancy. I'm in no doubt your health issues are caused by your Mums smoking issues but its not always the case :flower:

As for Stacey I can see both sides, on one side I can see the whole her choice, her body etc BUT she has another life inside her and surely that is the most powerful and justifiable reason to quit smoking?! As she was just on This Morning and said she only smokes 1-3 a day.............really she couldn't quit that?!

xx

I think part of my warped view is that my mum smoked heavily through all her pregnancies. She smoked weed too. She also smoked heavily in the home the whole 17 years I lived with her. I suffer awfully with chest and throat problems related to this. I have SEVERE asthma and have for as long as I remember. I was in and out of hospital all the time and am on steroid tablets etc to manage
mine. It's really VERY debilitating.

I deserved better. I deserved to be born and raised in an environment free from smoke. I've been there, I've been the one ACTUALLY affected and I'd never wish that on another child. They all deserve better and to be protected from this. My life would be very different and of a better quality if I did not have the issues I have now - which are ALL related to smoking in pregnancy and second hand smoke as an environment growing up

xx

As a child every Sunday we'd go to our nans flat, she was a chain smoker of at least 40 a day and would smoke inside around us. We'd go home stinking it was awful. From that I developed mild asthma, my sister already had asthma so being there would knock her for six and shed be on her inhaler constantly.
When she died I stayed n her flat for abit, I'd have a shower n tar would drip from the walls..I'd wash them n still more tar would drip off.
OH opened her tv as the DVD player wasn't working and just her smoking had melted the plastic inside the tv.

The thought of my unborn baby or even my baby breathing in something that does that is disturbing

In my own opinion I don't think it's acceptable - smoking is a choice, and no matter how addicted you may be, I still think that you should be able to stop.

I speak though as a devout non-smoker (never even touched one) as my grandad died when I was 6 of lung cancer from smoking (he was a cabby for 30 years). However, my husband smoked on and off from the age of 18 and has recently given up. He simply quit, and didn't have a problem, no stress, no patches. Maybe he was lucky, but he didn't even have the added strength of will of being pregnant.

As for Stacey Solomon, I can't see it having any detrimental effect on her career somehow, not if Iceland can carry on using Kerry Katona for so long. :shrug:

xx

I agree thats why I stopped at the start, I started to realise how I was brought up always smoke around me and the damage it done. My mum denies it caused damage and still will ask am I asthmatic? as if it goes away or that i am lying or something. She blames me on my numerous chest problems as a child. Said it was because I smoked when I was a teen yet I didnt smoke as a child I remember them always being around me smoking and feeling ill with the smell of the smoke. Locked in a car filed with smoke getting headaches and nausea. My mum had a go at me not so long ago for saying on facebook I had asthma which was one of the things associated with a smoking mum. She called it all bull said theres no harm. I was enraged! I managed to stop for my kids she didnt she smoked through all 3 of them. You can see pics of her in the background holding a feg and ignoring us. So not on now. I dont think my mum was a good mum but not because of that she had a whole lot more things she didnt do got her that title. I do agree its selfish she is a selfish person she wouldnt put herself out for her kids in any way.
Though thats not saying all mums who smoke and trying to give up are bad mums I dont consider myself a bad parent I sacrifice everything for my kids. I gave up early on with pregnancy with William, I just went cold turkey I was messed up and had depression and anxiety in that pregnancy and spent all of it in bed ill anyway. But best thing I ever did. I even breastfed and still breatfeed and try to be the best parent I can be, one I didnt have.

We all know smoking is bad for baby, no denying that one. As is shellfish, pate, some cheese, hot baths, mcdonalds etc etc. I hope everyone questioning her ability as a mother have cut out absolutely every single potential risk before slating Stacey, but I doubt it.

Hot baths arent dangerous unless you are about to immerse yourself in water thats too hot to get into comfortably, shellfish arent dangerous if cooked and Im at a loss as to how you can compare eating a burger with inhaling hundreds of poisons into your body. Surely you cant for one minute believe that they are equally harmful to your child?? :shrug:

I personally believe that smoking is terrible to do whilst pregnant but wouldnt judge someones parental ability if they choose to do it but surely a bit of perspective has to be applied when making comparisons!

Compare to copious amounts of alcohol or smoking cannabis fair enough, but eating a happy meal?? Come on.....:wacko:

Our mums sound very alike Anneke love. I'm sorry for you as I am for me... but you've clearly used it to your advantage as I have and used it as a guide for the kind of mother you do NOT want to be and to strive to be better yourself for your own. I think you're an amazing mother for William and Alex. Yu do them proud :hugs:. Now please send me jewellery lol xx

I refuse to take Fin to my mum's house as she still smokes inside and I'll NEVER subject him to that... and of course I'm the criminal as a result. :dohh: xx

LOL @ jewellary. You get them on ebay for like £5 or less I bid on them lol

My mum dosnt smoke now she quit after she had my sister who is now 18 but damage was done. She will never except she done anything ever wrong she is the perfect mum. She knows better than doctors and medical science to lol

Stacey is being interviewed on This Morning on STV +1 just now. She looks petrified. I really like her so feel a bit sorry for her ATM. x

Just caught the last bit of it and it's made me want to slap her!
She's basically admitted to not even trying other methods to stop smoking but will look into it now....wtf ur 7 months pregnant woman, u should of looking into other things at 7 weeks.

I dont think she would have stopped if this didnt happen shes only saying that now.

She made the point that her boyfriend doesn't even smoke so she's not even taking into account sooner that the father of her baby isn't happy with her habit.

Ur right she wouldn't of even tried to quit if she wasnt pictured n u can tell that by 4 fags in 2 hours!

In my own opinion I don't think it's acceptable - smoking is a choice, and no matter how addicted you may be, I still think that you should be able to stop.

I speak though as a devout non-smoker (never even touched one) as my grandad died when I was 6 of lung cancer from smoking (he was a cabby for 30 years). However, my husband smoked on and off from the age of 18 and has recently given up. He simply quit, and didn't have a problem, no stress, no patches. Maybe he was lucky, but he didn't even have the added strength of will of being pregnant.

As for Stacey Solomon, I can't see it having any detrimental effect on her career somehow, not if Iceland can carry on using Kerry Katona for so long. :shrug:

I think it's a bit different someone snorting coke to someone who has a couple of cigs a day:wacko:

Just caught the last bit of it and it's made me want to slap her!
She's basically admitted to not even trying other methods to stop smoking but will look into it now....wtf ur 7 months pregnant woman, u should of looking into other things at 7 weeks.

Agree. I cant understand why she is going on about looking into things like hypnotherapy now when she is already 7 months. :shrug:

I think it's a bit different someone snorting coke to someone who has a couple of cigs a day:wacko:

My point exactly. If they will continue to use someone who did that, then a few cigarettes are not going to cause a problem for them.

Lets face it...she aint the brightest button in the box! I havent seen the interview, i dont feel sorry for her and i hate how people think they can put the lives and health of their unborn child at risk..shes just a very silly, selfish girl imo

We all know smoking is bad for baby, no denying that one. As is shellfish, pate, some cheese, hot baths, mcdonalds etc etc. I hope everyone questioning her ability as a mother have cut out absolutely every single potential risk before slating Stacey, but I doubt it.

I can say, hand on heart, that I did everything I possibly could to reduce my risk in pg. No alcohol/ no questionable foods/ reducing exercise/ and so on. Wouldn't have it any other way as all my baby takes on in pg is what I provide so why would I make poor choices?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->