• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Stacey Solomon Smoking whilst pregnant

Is eating a burger taking oxygen away from our baby like a fag is?
U really come across like u think smoking during pregnancy is ok, and if that's the case I feel sorry for u

Ive said it before on similar threads and I'll say it again now. Unless you yourself are perfect in every way, you make all your own food and grow all the ingredients so you know 100% without a shadow of a doubt what you are putting in your body, that you live in the middle of nowhere where there are no forms of air pollution etc etc etc... then really, no one is in any place to judge. Yeah, it is bad for you smoking, so is drinking, so is eating fast food, no exercise at all whether pregnant or not and countless other things.
It is all too easy to judge someone before looking in the mirror yourself.

Knowingly consuming a carcinogenic substance which will pass to the placenta causing areas to blacken and effectively die is serious, regardless of how people try trivialise it with junk food comparisons. Show me a placenta with similar damage due to burgers and I will take the comparison seriously.

As you are in essence the carrier of your baby you should be looking after yourself as well. Clogging up your arteries and encouraging heart disease etc whilst maxing out your body's capacity as it is with supporting a baby is a serious issues in itself... but because it is more social acceptable then its OK.

Comparing smoking to stupid things like fast food and exercise is ridiculous. Not exercising is not going to give your baby the health risks associated with smoking likewise with fast food.

If you want to put nicotine into your body along with whatever other poisons are in a fag then your choice but why put that risk on your baby too?? Their tiny lungs being damaged before they've even started to work?! Along with a decrease of oxygen everytime you have a drag? Hardly comparable to some of things being used to try and justify it :dohh:

I might aswel say right shall I give my child a fag or a burger! Bloody hell :dohh:

If people really think its ok to smoke during pregnancy and want to make themselves feel better by comparing it to fast food then fine, what ever helps u sleep better at night.

If someone doesn't want I read negative comments pointed at women who smoke during pregnancy then don't read it. No matter how many times ppl say oh ur not perfect don't judge it won't stop me or anyone else

I am not trying to justify smoking as a good thing, it's not but then slowly killing yourself by eating shit isn't a good thing either. But then again if you're happy to gain a shit load of weight, increase your chances of heart and circulatory diseases as well as osteoporosis etc, increase your chances of the big C by decreasing your own body's ability maintain an immune system, decrease your body's optimum, weaken your strength for labour etc then go right ahead.

Again it actually has nothing to do with the thread so I see no point in comparing the two

Knowingly consuming a carcinogenic substance which will pass to the placenta causing areas to blacken and effectively die is serious, regardless of how people try trivialise it with junk food comparisons. Show me a placenta with similar damage due to burgers and I will take the comparison seriously.

Ahhh.... look up carcinogenic foods/substances and also chemical absorption etc... and you will see we are all not so perfect as we think we are!!

If this has seriously resulted in comparisons to FF/BF it should be locked.
Nothing to do with this whatsoever.
We all know smoking is bad, especially when pregnant, some of us may stand firm and say we would never ever do it and some of us realise its not that cut and dry,
either way, its nothing to do with us really, at the end of the day.
Plenty of other pregnant celebs have been caught smoking, its sad that Staceys the only one who has been ripped to shreds for it.

Is eating a burger taking oxygen away from our baby like a fag is?
U really come across like u think smoking during pregnancy is ok, and if that's the case I feel sorry for u

I hardly think smoking is ok in pregnancy infact I don't even smoke and never have tried it :thumbup:....

So now because isaid she's hardly abusing her child I get told I think smoking is fine:dohh:......

All I was saying was before you go slating others sayingh they are a bad parent or even as far as saying they abusing their child I think they hold look at themselves their own lives, their own pregnancies before slating others.........

Have a long hard look and see if you are 100% perfect....... I very much doubt it:thumbup:

Have I even said I'm perfect? I don't even care if someone wants to judge me.
so what because I'm not perfect I'm suddenly going to withdraw what I've said because ur pointing it out?
This thread is about smoking n I've shown my opinion, I really couldn't care less about her or anyone else but to put a unborn child thru something like this is disgusting.

Have I even said I'm perfect? I don't even care if someone wants to judge me.
so what because I'm not perfect I'm suddenly going to withdraw what I've said because ur pointing it out?
This thread is about smoking n I've shown my opinion, I really couldn't care less about her or anyone else but to put a unborn child thru something like this is disgusting.

well said :thumbup:

Im not even gonna add my 2 cents to this besides to say that threads that go into debates with cats, breastfeeding vs. bottlefeeding, and smoking shouldnt be allowed and should be locked immedietely. Always turns into a bunch of hormonal pregnant women getting into it and bashing others.

I think this thread should just be locked. It's gotten out of hand. We're all at the end of our pregnancies and have been there for one another through a lot. Why argue over what some celeb is doing??? They don't even know us. Our opinions wouldn't even matter to her so why argue? To bring up what foods we eat, if we BF or FF, etc is pointless. I FF and there's nothing wrong with that. I indulge in Mcdonald's and cake when I want and there's nothing wrong with that. I even drink soda from time to time. My Gosh, strike me dead here and now if that makes me a bad mom. My kids are perfectly fine. So really, no one can judge what other people do. And who knows. Maybe the celeb is actually struggling to quit and we don't even know it. God will watch over the baby no matter what so why argue over something that we as human beings who don't even know the girl personally can't do anything about?

If people read what I put I was replying at a poster who accused her and others that smoke... Even those that cut down and are trying of child abuse, which is bang out of order!!

I don't even smoke.. I don't condone smoking whilst pregnant but all I was saying was its wrong to judge her by saying she's a bad mother.

I was also told they do EVERYTHING to protect their childs health, so I was making sure they were doing EVERYTHInG like they stated!!!! :D

Why do grown up adults call for threads to be loacked? Surely adults are able to debate and discuss? Just because people disagree with each other does not mean that all threads like this need to be locked?

I know that I for one followed all guidelines and do all I can to make good choices. I constantly look at the choices I make and critcally reassess them. I know many, many other parents who do the same. I feel no differently about Stacey Soloman than I do anyone else smoking in pg. For me , it is not okay and never will be. Last time I looked I was entitled to have these opinions and as an adult wearing my big girl pants I stand by them.

Why do grown up adults call for threads to be loacked? Surely adults are able to debate and discuss? Just because people disagree with each other does not mean that all threads like this need to be locked?

Have you read this thread? We dont act like adults, silly. We act like catty 15 year old girls who think THEY ARE RIGHT and NOBODY ELSE IS and if you disagree then you are a BUTTFACE.

Except we use stronger language like "why would you even have a child," "abusive" and then use "It's my opinion, you can't change it" to condone being total bitches to each other.

Oh, and people put ":flower:"s at the end of things...because that totally makes it better.

:flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amama
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"