Started Fertility Testing..Need buddies...

Kat that's so awesome! Not AF but that you now have a busy month ahead of you :happydance: nothing feels better than feeling like you're doing something to actively help your chances :) but injecting at home? Brr! Think you just put me off ever doing an IUI :D

Yes it truely feels like we're now able to be proactive about this:happydance: As for injections I doubt that the clinic would be willing to have me come in all the days I need those injections. Seems many on these boards have their DHs inject them so maybe that's an option for you if need be? The hormones apparently increase the odds of pregnancy which is why they pretty much tell you to take them here even if you have regular cycles and are Oing yourself.

Decided to join a forum like this, i started the next chapter in ttc, although id rather not be, i am feeling more optimistic :shrug: We tried doing it on our own but, looks like we may need some assistance :wacko: Bubbles nice to see you on here looks like we are neck in neck on the same path :hugs:

Hi cdelmar :wave:

I think I've seen you around before. Do you know what form of assisted conception you'll be going through? What were the results of your testing?

I would've prefered to of conceived naturally too but in the end, don't think I'll mind that it'll be via assisted conception. I'm starting IUI this month myself:thumbup: Going in tomorrow for my first U/S to check for cysts and to get instructions on injecting hormones and get my hormones from the clinic to avoid going to numerous drug stores to find them:winkwink:

Welcome cdelmar :) always good to have people going through similar experiences! I've been through enough threads where people get preggers after 1-3 cycles, at least we're all somewhat in the same boat together :)

Can't wait for them to set your schedule up Kat! I had a couple of mini polyps removed so could be good to know, I'm glad they're checking it first :)

Ive totally lost ov this month, it's 2 days later than its normal latest with no sign in sight :( I'm just going to leave hubby alone and only jump him when the +opk comes :haha: so frustrated though, I want to start my prescription!

Welcome cdelmar :) always good to have people going through similar experiences! I've been through enough threads where people get preggers after 1-3 cycles, at least we're all somewhat in the same boat together :)

Can't wait for them to set your schedule up Kat! I had a couple of mini polyps removed so could be good to know, I'm glad they're checking it first :)

Ive totally lost ov this month, it's 2 days later than its normal latest with no sign in sight :( I'm just going to leave hubby alone and only jump him when the +opk comes :haha: so frustrated though, I want to start my prescription!

Yes I've also had enough of those threads with people getting pregnant after a short time:nope: I started to feel out of place hence why I spend most of my time in the LTTTC and assisted conception forums when I'm not on this thread:winkwink:

I think they always check for cysts each cycle since it decreases pregnancy chances. So here's hoping I don't have any:thumbup: I'll let you know what plan they give me tomorrow.

Hope you soon get that +opk so you can get BDing:happydance:

Hi all, haven't read the entire thread yet but thought I'd see if I could join in, have been ttc #1 now for around 9 months (ticker is earlier than actual) and had a blood test last cycle that showed no ovulation. Got another blood test on cd22 (cd21 is on a Sunday...) and if it's another anovulatory cycle looking at medication. Looking for some support!

Welcome heychrissie :wave:

I'm sure you're welcome to join:flower: Sorry to hear that you aren't Oing:hugs: Do you know what medication they'll be giving you?

Thanks! I believe my Dr said clomid if I get another confirmed cycle with no ovulation (I may have misheard but I'm fairly certain that's what was said, haha). Was initially quite upset that I'm probably not ovulating as I also wanted to do it without help, but now I'll probably be frustrated if I do this cycle as it means more cycles of having no idea what's going on!

Kat, right now getting blood work and SA done for now. I don't recall want my Gyn said about when or how I'm getting results???? Lol I guess from there we will see what is suggested for me after the results come in??? I still have to get TSH and prolactin blood work done next week and DH still has to get SA done

Thanks! I believe my Dr said clomid if I get another confirmed cycle with no ovulation (I may have misheard but I'm fairly certain that's what was said, haha). Was initially quite upset that I'm probably not ovulating as I also wanted to do it without help, but now I'll probably be frustrated if I do this cycle as it means more cycles of having no idea what's going on!

OK I've heard good things about clomid. My sister went on it a few years back when she was having trouble TTCing #2 and it worked for her pretty quickly. Hope you soon find out what's going on with those cycles:flower:

Kat, right now getting blood work and SA done for now. I don't recall want my Gyn said about when or how I'm getting results???? Lol I guess from there we will see what is suggested for me after the results come in??? I still have to get TSH and prolactin blood work done next week and DH still has to get SA done

OK here's hoping all your and your DH's tests go smoothly and the results are good:flower: Do you know what kind of assistance your Gyn/RE/GP is suggesting?

Thanks, I'm hoping it'll get things sorted if that's the issue!
GL with the tests cdelmar!

She said usually tests come back good and in the end sometimes our body needs a kick start with fertility drugs. ..??? But she said let's see first if anything shows up from the tests. So fertility drugs may be the route we end up taking, She didn't mention which ones

She said usually tests come back good and in the end sometimes our body needs a kick start with fertility drugs. ..??? But she said let's see first if anything shows up from the tests. So fertility drugs may be the route we end up taking, She didn't mention which ones

If you're going on fertility drugs then it's normally either something like Clomid or FSH injectables (like the Puregon I'm on). You could try asking her if you're curious:winkwink: I think injectables are the big kick starter.

I need to read through this thread! I have been crazy busy.Did have my HSG and 100% clear. So now I have to decide when I go for IUI. Maybe February/ March. Want 1 more natural cycle.
Khigg, how you feeling? 2 more weeks to sexing scan?

I need to read through this thread! I have been crazy busy.Did have my HSG and 100% clear. So now I have to decide when I go for IUI. Maybe February/ March. Want 1 more natural cycle.

Wow great news about your HSG jjbubbles28:happydance: Here's hoping that if your last natural doesn't bring you that BFP that your IUI will :dust:

That's great everything is clear! :) i wonder what the criteria for IUI is, maybe that'll be my next step after these 3 months of progesterone prescription (assuming they don't do the trick!)

Ov today and well covered for bd, very excited to start this 2ww and use the prescription for the first time!

That's great everything is clear! :) i wonder what the criteria for IUI is, maybe that'll be my next step after these 3 months of progesterone prescription (assuming they don't do the trick!)

Ov today and well covered for bd, very excited to start this 2ww and use the prescription for the first time!

I think the criteria is that at least one tube is open and that your DH's sperm numbers are at least just slightly reduced. I think there may be an age criteria as well. My clinic won't do an IUI on a woman if she's over 43 years old, then they go straight to IVF since they say so few at that age get pregnant from an IUI.

Good luck patienceiav :dust:

Wow, royal goddess thats some story. Im glad you found another doctor. Cdelmar, good to see you again :) Be careful when you do your 21 day bloods. I know when I did mine, my progesterone came back low (meaning no ovulation), but I had a short cycle that month. when I rechecked progesterone for the next 2 months I was fine.
Patience, you were put on progesterone supplements? Was it bc of a low progesterone blood? Is it cream or oral?

They've never done bloods for it, just because of the thin lining, multiple chemicles and supposed implantation issues because of these things (i also have lp issues which the progesterone can help with but she didn't know that when it was prescribed) it's a vaginal suppository *gulp* I normally get af around 10dpo so will be interesting to see if this holds it off, I'm meant to take it for 15 days hmm!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->