• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Started Fertility Testing..Need buddies...

Everything went fine at least, you can ask your dr if you don't succeed this month and see what they think :flower:

Oh look at the time, is it weekend o'clock?! I'm going to swing by the gym JUST to get a smoothie, I've been craving one for a week cuz the gyms I go to don't have a juice bar in or near them :( then I'm off home to eat cheese balls, drink wine and watch sherlock with the hubby <3 after so many months if failure I refuse to live my life on the "what if I'm pregnant" no point until it's real!

OK enjoy your smoothie and have a nice evening with the hubby:flower:

DH and I are going to have one of our cozy Friday nights in with something tasty and watch a movie or one of our series.

Kat thats great news! Praying for twins :) I inquired about my own IUI, but will not do until Feb/March. They said that most of the time their docs dont even do ultrasounds unless there is something questionable. Most likely since I have multiple spikes a month on OPK they will u/s me. She said I basically opk, when i get my smiley come in with my sample, u/s quick and finito. He said I will start clomid the month I want to try or maybe before IUI, I'll see. No injections or triggers though. I have to ask why at my next appt...

I agree about enjoying life patience. Alot of women dont drink or refrain from other things. I live healthy, but love my wine. I asked my doc and he said do what you normally do as long as its not out of control. So my weekend wine is fine by me :) I am making flounder with lemon cream linguine for dinner and hitting the sack early. I have work tomorrow and then my hubbys goddaughters 10th bday party. YAY. Have a good weekend.

Kat thats great news! Praying for twins :) I inquired about my own IUI, but will not do until Feb/March. They said that most of the time their docs dont even do ultrasounds unless there is something questionable. Most likely since I have multiple spikes a month on OPK they will u/s me. She said I basically opk, when i get my smiley come in with my sample, u/s quick and finito. He said I will start clomid the month I want to try or maybe before IUI, I'll see. No injections or triggers though. I have to ask why at my next appt...

Thanks jjbubbles28:hugs:

OK that sounds strange. So they don't check for cysts which can decrease your chances of pregnancy? Or monitor eggs and edometrial lining development? I know on injectables they need to monitor but not sure about Clomid:shrug: I'd also ask why they think this is the best option for you. Can't hurt to ask:shrug:

As to drinking wine I'd keep it down to max 4-5 units a week. I read from a pamphlet written by my clinic that around 10 units a week decreases your fertility by 50%:wacko: Which is why my clinic actually says to keep it under 4 units a week.

I think chlomid they just check at cd21 that you O'ed? strange logic to me though about not checking anything!

Luckily I'm a one glass a month kinda gal :) just get grumpy in the 2ww and need a relax!

I think chlomid they just check at cd21 that you O'ed? strange logic to me though about not checking anything!

Luckily I'm a one glass a month kinda gal :) just get grumpy in the 2ww and need a relax!

Yes that does seem odd that they don't check how the body is responding to the Clomid dose:shrug:

That's good:thumbup: I only drink a couple of glasses myself during AF, otherwise I stay away as much as possible:thumbup:

I will have another appt with the doctor and go over all the details the month before . if its my bloods... I do my progesterone's myself so I would confirm O but then it would be too late. We'll see. I'll can just request u/s I guess

Good Luck Kat! I just finished my end of the infertility testing... hubby still has to do his part, I am making him wait until after I O to provide his sample :haha: I think I'll O this weekend (hopefully) and I'll set his drop off date sometime next week :thumbup:
Have a great weekend everyone!

That's nice that you're done with your bit cdelmar :) it's amazing how many tests we go through, having strangers with their fingers up our lady bits, blood tests and medications, invading our personal space etc and the guys have a huge problem with supplying a cup of swimmers ONCE :haha:

That's nice that you're done with your bit cdelmar :) it's amazing how many tests we go through, having strangers with their fingers up our lady bits, blood tests and medications, invading our personal space etc and the guys have a huge problem with supplying a cup of swimmers ONCE :haha:

So true:haha: It's always us women that go through the most, it just doesn't seem fair:haha: Here I am having injected myself for the last 8 days and will be having my 9th injection late tonight (trigger shot), had 2 uncomfortable U/Ss and will be having a tube stuck up to my uterus on Monday and DH? Nope, just has to provide a sample Monday morning and his work is done:dohh: So unfair:winkwink:

Haha yes that's the one! :haha: hope your injectable went well today, Woohoo one more day till IUI! Then maybe a chance for some real bd too :D

I've yet to go for it since I started the cream, need to "clean out" before initiating that thing :/ God I feel so gross! And no sign of 2ww symptoms at 6dpo, I normally feel something by now, especially in my boobs, they're not even sore let alone nice and swelled up :haha: just 7 more days on the cream, but with my bad lp I'll be amazed if the prescription gets me past Thursday before af hits!

Yes it went pretty smoothly. I had DH in the bathroom with me checking I was doing it right according to the pamphlet I got with the shot (as the nurse wasn't very good as explaining things). It was 0.5 ml (250 microgram) of Ovitrelle that had to go in. It's supposed to finish the eggs maturation and leads to O. So here's hoping I don't O before my IUI but preferably O shortly after:thumbup:

We can't BD for 2 full days before the IUI so DH's sample is optimal:dohh: It'll end up being 3 days because our last BD session was late Thursday night. He had an idea that 3 days must be even better than 2:nope: I don't know how much it helps to BD after since he'll have made a sample that morning so his :spermy: won't be optimal that night which is the earliest we can BD and later than that may be too late:shrug:

Here's hoping the cream lengthens your LP:happydance: It should I would think.

Oh I'm glad you got a little help :) i think you'd be great to go for a bd the day after your IUI, some do every day during fertile time and I don't think the day after would be a bad time to have one last shot :flower:

I'm having a thoughtful day, this is probably (hopefully) 7dpo and I've been on the cream for 5days, but I haven't had any 2ww symptoms :shrug: just a little abdominal discomfort and veeery mildly sore boobs but by now i normally have proper symptoms, regardless of bfp or not ofcourse! It's just odd, even if my ov was messed up, I guess 5 days isn't quite enough for the usual "side effects" to be apparent :(

Oh well half way there...!

We could think about that but then maybe it would be best the morning after as I'm thinking the night after might be too late:wacko:

We'll see. I wouldn't worry too much, maybe it's the progesterone that's changing things:shrug: You'll find out soon enough:flower:

So had my IUI done today:flower: It went pretty well except that it hurt a bit as she put the tube in:wacko: My 2 eggs looked good:thumbup: So we'll see but I'll be extremely happy if just 1 of them turns out to be my super sticky bean:happydance: She gave me an HPT and said to use it in 16 days and call them with the answer.

If it turns out to be a BFN, they want to up my Puregon dose a bit:flower:

The only bad thing today was DH's back went out shortly after he "made" the sample so I had to hurry up and get dressed so I could deliver it myself this morning at 7:45 AM (my IUI was 11:30 AM).

Oh I had JUST clicked this post to ask you about it and you has replied at that moment :haha:

That'd great to hear the IUI is done! Now comes the worst bit, the wait! We are forever waiting, either for ov or af!

So now you basically should ov today or what? Will you be temping or anything to see if it happens? Or just leaving it at that and hoping for the best?

According to them, I should O between 38-42 hours after the trigger and I took the trigger Saturday at 11:30 PM:wacko: So should happen today but that fits in with I started getting sore nipples yesterday and I normally start get them the day before I O:blush:

I could in theory temp but I can normally tell when I've Oed as I can't breathe as deeply as normal shortly after I O plus don't freeze as easily. Think I'll just take things easy and see what happens and not stress. At least this cycle (#18) will be much more optimal than my previous 17 natural ones since I've gotten 50-100X more :spermy: in the uterus than would naturally find their way up there after BDing:thumbup:

I was thinking mostly in case you could get bd in but if hubby put his back out there might not be a chance anyway :(

That's really cool about the swimmers, never really thought about how much gets in through regular bd! Like you say there's definitely a bigger chance now than the other cycles :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->