Starting egg share buddy wanted.

Bumski that really is rotten!!!! You should complain to them - not that it will make it a bfp but may stop it happening to others! So sorry (((hugs)))

Hope41 well I say it was natural it was actually clomid injuced as I don't o on own haddnt had a period for 5yrs also have pcos! I was booked in for Ivf but amazingly got bfp before. I feel very lucky it was a very long and extremely traumatic journey ttc I really really feel for you. In also older in 31 and was told I only had another few years left and the longer it went on with my condition the less likely I was to get pg - so hard to hear!! BUT I did it and hopefully that should give you some hope that it is possible against the odds. I'm assuming as long as you start the egg share process b4 your birthday they can't deny you the treatment as once started its all paid for.... Are you eligible for any nhs Ivf? I'm assuming not but I've heard (not sure where an can't gaurentee) if you can prove ttc is ruining your life and having a psychological effect on you they may offer you 1 cycle even if you are over age. This does depend on area though. It must have been on a tv program I think... Seem to remember they had to write to lots of people BUT always good to find out.

Hope everyone is ok? I had my booking appt with midwife yesterday and she heard the hb on a Doppler so exciting! In struggling with all day sickness and in shattered but I'm not complaining I'll take it all for my bfp! I so hope you ladies can join me soon x

I agree with nimbec hope4, I'm pretty sure if you start down the egg share route before you turn 36 then that's ok. Afterall it's not your fault that the process may take months.
I would highly recommend you ring a few clinics of your choice and explain your situation, that you have surgery coming up but feel you should go for an egg share scheme also.
Sure they will be understanding, plus if you have any to freeze you will be able to do another ivf cycle without the hefty bill. X
I had to have my embies frozen due to OHSS, absolute pain but I'm officially on countdown to starting my FET now :)

Thanks for the posts about the hpts, iv double checked with more and tescos are def giving evaps, pink ones too lol. Was a bit disappointed at first as didn't 100% believe, but to be honest, it's kept me entertained for a few days lol.

Yay nimbec I bet that was just lovely!!! Did you say you have a Doppler, sorry couldn't remember who it was.
Has it all become real yet?
So are any of you pregnant girls getting any signs of bumps yet? Xx

Hi Bumski yay for FET countdown time will fly!! Yes I have my own Doppler now but heard it at Midwiffe appt yesterday much louder as she pressed much harder - I was too worried I'd hurt tr baby silly I know but just so protective over this lil bean!

No propper bump for me just bloat that looks like a bump!

Bet you can't wait to get your bump! When is your next scan booked for?

Just got my patches delivered for FET, bit early but one step closer now! :)

A step in the right direction though!! I've got to wait for scan appt in the post - it will be between 12-14 weeks. I also see a consultant as I'm a high risk due to having a pacemaker amongst a few other things. BUT nidwiffes still think I'll be able to have a natural birth rather than the section that keeps being batted around!!!

Has anyone seen today's metro paper? i don't read papers but i did today .read an story about ivf stating that having ur embroys frozen are healthier meaning they r more likely to have complication free ivf pregnancies if using a frozen than a fresh one.its likely for the woman to experience bleeding ect with fresh embroys and if u have them frozen it give the womb lining a chance to recover and there advice to woman undergoing ivf is that there is no reason, yet to change the way they approach it. what do you ladies think??

I have been told by the embryologist that my chances of success has gone from 40% (fresh transfer) to 30% (frozen) I don't completely understand why but presumed it must be something to do with what happens to the embryos when frozen, I did have more blasts but they were not a good enough grade to survive the freeze he said, this makes me wonder though if they would have been good enough for fresh transfer.

I agree your body goes through less strain on a fet and given meds to help thicken the lining. Time will tell with this.

Does anyone know what their lining was at transfer? I was told mine was too thin but later found out it measured 8.5mm and the dr said they look for minimum of 5mm.
This seems quite thin to me

Thank you :) I just haven't been feeling my self past few days :/ feeling better today. Just think I need to find some time to relax lol

I hope your feeling more yourself now pcct! x

Really worried about the time frame now as i only have 5mths till i turn 36yr so Egg share might not be an option anymore so if my surgery is not a success my TTC journey will come to an end :( Really cannot take the stress of all this. Surgery on Fri is more than enough without my age the ticking time bomb going off. My oh said in jest i was past it and out of date yest!! Not the best thing to say to an infertile woman about to go for surgery. But to be honest it summed up exactly how i feel my 36th birthday in Feb is my neon out of date sticker :(

If you cna't do the egg share your surgery will work, your ttc journey is not over at all! best of luck for friday, I hope it all goes well and it doesn't make you too sore. x

Hope everyone is ok? I had my booking appt with midwife yesterday and she heard the hb on a Doppler so exciting! In struggling with all day sickness and in shattered but I'm not complaining I'll take it all for my bfp! I so hope you ladies can join me soon x

Thats great she used a doppler! my didn't-rubbish! :-(
I am tempted to buy one but my sister who is a midwife was like 'do not buy one they cause so much trouble!'. She said that ladies ring up all the time panicing hugely because they can find it one day and not another day-as baby has moved or placenta in way or something. I see what she's saying but would still like one, loL!

Has anyone seen today's metro paper? i don't read papers but i did today .read an story about ivf stating that having ur embroys frozen are healthier meaning they r more likely to have complication free ivf pregnancies if using a frozen than a fresh one.its likely for the woman to experience bleeding ect with fresh embroys and if u have them frozen it give the womb lining a chance to recover and there advice to woman undergoing ivf is that there is no reason, yet to change the way they approach it. what do you ladies think??

That makes sense and it is horrible to bleed in pregnancy. x

I have been told by the embryologist that my chances of success has gone from 40% (fresh transfer) to 30% (frozen) I don't completely understand why but presumed it must be something to do with what happens to the embryos when frozen,

Does anyone know what their lining was at transfer? I was told mine was too thin but later found out it measured 8.5mm and the dr said they look for minimum of 5mm.
This seems quite thin to me

It makes sense whay your embryologist says as well bumski because although the body might be better prepared, a thawed embryo (even though the best ones are frozen) I believe are not quite as strong as they were when they were fresh so you percentage does go down.

I personally think a chance of a pregnancy at 5mm lining is slim. My first was 10mm, my second was 8.5mm-so I think for me personally not good enough, and my 3rd where I was sucessful was 12mm. x

AFM-sorry not been on much, started back at school today so been busy preparing. Had nasuea everyday :-( but thankfully not thrown up! Someone asked about a bump! I have now, its part bloat but becoming obvious. I was at a wedding on saturday and a girl in the toilets to one glance at me and went 'are you pregnant?' Thank goodness she was right! I would never dare ask anyone that! my 12wk scan is on thursday! Eek! x

Hi Girls hope you are all well. I rang a lot of clinics in June. Some of there websites were a bit misleaing saying there age range was 21-35 but when i rang if you were 35 they would not accpet you. Some were till your 36th birthday if they thought it would not be comlete before would not accept you (very strict) I even mentioned freezing my eggs for others so i could get a few cycles in but that was a no, no. Then there was the FSH which some were under 8, others under 9, and others 10!!! I found most of the clinics that were upto 36years had FSH of under 8 and mine was 8.9. Only found a couple of clinics that did upto 36 with FSH in my range and thats if my AMH is ok. Was going to get my AMH checked with the clinic before surgery but the ones that would accept me and that was in June!! Are at the other end of the country i live in north east and the clinics were in London- Lister and Cardiff. Over 5hours drive away!! So decided to see whats happening with my insides first. Surgery is TOMORROW!!!!! I have not slept a wink and i have not been able to sit still for days soooo anxious!!!!!

Good luck for your scan today schoolteacher, look forward to your update on your little one growing nice and big ;) x

Hope4 - 5 hours drive is such a long way, esp when going every other day for scans etc, your right to concentrate on the here and now and your op tomorrow. You won't need ivf anyway Hun, sure your BFP is right round the corner ;) hope all goes well and your recovery is quick x

Hope4 GOOD LUCK for the surgery!!!!!

Schoolteacher good luck for the scan please let us know how it goes!!

Hi everyone :flower:
Sorry I haven't been on here for a while it's just been easier to try and blank the ttc thing out for a bit! But I'm ok now back to myself :thumbup:

I see I have a lot to catch up on here will have a proper look later but hope everyone is doing well :hugs:

I went for that scan with the doctor after my levels had gone up, she said there was a possibility it could be ok so she scanned me and said still nothing so I could now stop the pessarys!..........I said WHAT!!!!! She had told me to stop them a week before!! She replied did I??
I wanted to strangle her at this point!! As did my dh!! I then asked one simple question which only required a yes or no answer.......would I be able to egg share again?? Her response we will talk in your follow up!!
So I'd just had a very upsetting time and she couldn't even give me a straight answer!! So I will not be going for the follow up with her!! I found her very cold no emotions at all!!
Now tonight we are going to an open evening at the crgw :happydance:
Very excited! And hoping to get a straight answer on if we can egg share again or not (after the only 9 follicles thing) and book our consultation which is free for egg sharers!! And also if dh needs tese like they said he might after the sample he produced for ivf it £700 cheaper than the lwc!!
If we can't egg share then we will save and have a go in around a years time but hoping it don't come to that!!
So I'm back and will be remaining here until I get my Bfp that sticks!! We will not give up no matter what!! :thumbup:

Hi g3mz. im so glad you are feeling a bit more positive and its great you are thinking of your next step x
dr sounds like an arse to be honest hun.

so sorry you have had to go through this x

g3mz - Which doctor was that at lwc? I'll make sure I avoid her! (and ignore her if she says stop the cyclogest!). So glad your feeling better about things. Guessed you were taking some time out but was still worrying about you :flower: How was crgw?

:hugs2:

Thanks for all the well wishes girls, so nervous and anxious 13wks wait for surgery seemed so far away...now it's only hrs!!!

bumski- your right 12hr round trip does not sound fun, even one round trip sounds awful and i could not drive that far myself. I am a strange driver only drive were i know how to get too!! Plus i did not realise i might have appointments every few days, mind Lister did say they could arrange some appointments closer to home using a different clinic. But hey i want a baby and nearly free vs £7000!!! Tomorrow results are still going to have my mind doing over time no matter what the outcome!!!

g3mz- That is an awful experience. The one thing we need when going through this whole process is a caring frinedly person. When i had my HSG and broke down on the table i could not have asked for a nicer nurse holding my hand. She had all the time in the world for me so much so i kept apologising for taking up so much of her time. She said she was there for a cuddle whenever i needed one. Why can't everyone be like that??? I think it would be nice if they employed a few members of staff who have been through our experience even if they are not medically trained just for support. Especially when it comes to situations we might get bad news. I spoke to a few people at lwc in darlington and they did not seem very caring. That would have been my first choice only due to distance. Lister in london seem lovely and very helpful over the phone. Lister and crgw seemed to be my only options due to age and FSH. crgw were ok on phone but their website seems to have a lot of hidden costs, seems good at first glance free consultant and amh etc. But hey if it close and consultant is free you have nothing to lose. Hope you can do egg share at another clinic. x

School teacher i hope you enjoyed seeing your little one on the scan today. x

Hope it goes well today hope4 x
Not long to your scan now tryandwish is it, bet your getting excited x

Hope today goes well hope4 !! Fx for you

Hope everyone is ok? My ms or should I say all day sickness is much much better PHEW!!

Glad your feeling a bit better Hun, let's hope it stays away got you x

Yeah my scan is less than a week away. Thurs 13th. I see GP at 9.30am to get pregnancy confirmed and get my details passed to a midwife and then LWC scan at midday. Nervous and excited. Nervous when I'm worried something could be wrong but excited I convince myself it's all fine and wondering if there one heartbeat or two. I know its daft but I'll relax when I hear (or just see) a heartbeat (or two). My Sonoline B doppler arrived and of course I couldn't resist using it already! Heard my own heartbeat so many times but nothing else yet. Not expecting to really but I had to try just incase I could find something.

I saw someone ask the other day but didn't see a response :dohh: Who else had a doppler? Have you used it successfully yet?

How was your scan schoolteacher? Hope your doing well Hope41more.:flower:

:hugs2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"