Starting egg share buddy wanted.

Hi everyone :flower:

School teacher how did scan go? Must have been lovely to see your little one again :)

Bumski not long now till your fet time is flying by!!:thumbup:

Hope4 hope all went well :flower:

Nimbec hope the ms stays away for you! :thumbup:

Tryandwish not long until your scan now is it?? And it was dr thackare I seen and I think even less of her now but il go into that in a sec!:flower:

Pcct you looking forward to your appointment can't believe how quick the weeks are passing by!! :)

Well I'm so happy I went to the open evening at crgw :cloud9:
I just wish I had gone there first!! I chose lwc Swansea just because we only live 15mins away so it was convenient and crgw is an hour away so wish I had least had a look!!
It was amazing, the clinic was fab! Everyone was so friendly and I thought I would know everything already but they gave talks that made things a lot clearer! They do procedures that lwc don't like imsi which with our problem being dh sperm then that's ideal for us!!
We had a chat one to one at the end and I explained what had happened with only 9 follicles and she asked what my amh is and when I said 13.59 she said that clinics usually use 15 as the lowest but she suggested that if I do a cycle and donate all my eggs I can have a cycle to myself then for free (what I had originally asked lwc but they said no!!) she said this would obviously give myself and the recipient the best chance!!
Then this is the bit that really wound me up....... I told her that the dr had told us after my egg retrieval that dh sperm count had gone down maybe caused by scar tissue forming after the vasectomy reversal and that we would need tese!
She said that If his count had gone down we should have simply been advised to start freezing samples before its to late as with tese they would only retrieve low amounts anyway if anything!! Now the cost of freezing is just 200 a year and we can freeze as many samples as they feel we need!! So now we have lost precious time!!:growlmad:
So today I requested a copy of my notes £50 mind! Crazy!! So we don't have to go through the tests again and we have a consultation on the 17th 2days after my birthday :thumbup:

I will miss the nurses at lwc as we got along so well and they were great with my children always spoilt them when they were with me!! Cupcakes,doughnuts or sweets lol but i never want to see the dr there again!!

Things are looking up again and I'm looking forward to the future again :cloud9:

I had a feeling you were going to say it was Thakare! She's the one who did my egg collection and I don't think she gave me enough sedative 'coz I remmeber them talking about my previous scans to check my follicles and my 2 completely different AMH results and of course I felt her poking that massive needle around. If I go to LWC for treatment again think I will ask for any doc but her. Refuse to see her.

Glad you are back in good spirits. What is imsi? I haven't heard of that treatment.

:hugs2:

They showed us videos of what normal and abnormal sperm look like then showed us how they see the sperm under the microscope and it's still pretty small but with imsi it's magnified a lot more so the chances of them picking the best sperm are better!
Although its going to take time to go through 2 cycles I know il have a better chance with more eggs to myself and giving my recipient a good chance too :) and I won't have to have the screening tests again so hoping to get the ball rolling quickly!
There recovery rooms were really nice not like the tiny space with a curtain around you in the lwc! And after egg collection and transfer they like you to stay a while and have something to eat before leaving to make sure your ok! They were lovely there :)

G3 in so pleased to see you back and in good spirits!! That's great news that you can do the 2 cycles gives you a much better chance they seem much more accommodating!!! ((hugs)) to you and fx things get moving quickly!! Can you freeze speem while waiting?

Gosh lots to catch up on! It was me with the Doppler it's amazing sonoline b I heard hb at 9 weeks I was an Have a grin like a Cheshire cat!! Definitely worth the investment!

Good luck with scans ladies I can't wait for my next one.... Waiting for the appt to come in te post!

Sorry if I've missed anyone I'll cat g up properly on the thread later today - its all been a bit bonkers as have moved house !

Hi all on my phone do just a quickie! Scan was fine, baby was wriggling about and waving one arm in the air! Scan pics didn't come out that well, woman obviously couldn't be bothered. Sorry didn't update before, was all excited as on this other thread I have been on for over a year, 4 babies were born in 2 days!!!!!
G3, so glad your back and have changed clinics, and looks like they could have a good plan for you! X

g3mz- glad you like the new clinc.
school teacher im so happy you enjoyed your scan and nimbec hearing your babies hearbeat.
Hi had my surgery yest. my surgeon has confidence she would unblock my tubes as the blockage on hsg was at proximal end.
Unfortunatly she did not even attempt to unblock them.... she found my tubes to be twisted and i have grade 3 tubal block with severe adhesions and the nurse mentioned that something was suck to my plevic wall which prob explains the pain i have. The consultant had gone home when i came too but is ringing me monday to explain more.
Totally devastated :( so much so my heart rate plumetted on the ward, anesthetist had to come and give me something through my iv and put it down to how upset i was and how anxious i have been. Not in good way today the gas is killing me, mostly in my upper chest and right shoulder.

Schoolteacher do pleased the scan went well!!

Hope41 I'm so so so very sorry there is absolutely nothing I can say that will make you feel better so I'm just sending you a MASSIVE ((((((((((((((HUG)))))))))))))

Hope41more- so sorry to hear the news about your tubes, what a shock. Sending you big hugs too! X

g3mz- glad you like the new clinc.
school teacher im so happy you enjoyed your scan and nimbec hearing your babies hearbeat.
Hi had my surgery yest. my surgeon has confidence she would unblock my tubes as the blockage on hsg was at proximal end.
Unfortunatly she did not even attempt to unblock them.... she found my tubes to be twisted and i have grade 3 tubal block with severe adhesions and the nurse mentioned that something was suck to my plevic wall which prob explains the pain i have. The consultant had gone home when i came too but is ringing me monday to explain more.
Totally devastated :( so much so my heart rate plumetted on the ward, anesthetist had to come and give me something through my iv and put it down to how upset i was and how anxious i have been. Not in good way today the gas is killing me, mostly in my upper chest and right shoulder.

HI hun i just wanted u to no your not on your own i had my opp on thursday 6.9.12 they said they would unblock my tubes when they was doing it they found that my tubes are unhealthy and to many adhesions, he showed me pictures that he taken during surgery my whole stomach looked like i had spider webs in it there was that many adhesions it was horrible but then i got the dreaded news they couldnt unblock them, they told me the only hope is ivf and i would have to have my tubes removed before hand, i have been looking into egg sharing, them telling me that broke my heart i felt so alone i have dream the worst dreams so just so you no i no how ur feeling x

:wave: sugar ur story sounds exactly like mine i had mine on 11/4/12 am just waiting for my op date to get my tubes tied ... i hope u r ok :hugs: i have choose to do egg share as well

Hi sugar welcome and so sorry to hear your news :(

Just a quicki to say hello to everyone - hope you are all ok?

Hope4 I hope you are recovering and feeling a little better - hopefully you can start planning now you know all the details ((hugs))

:wave: sugar ur story sounds exactly like mine i had mine on 11/4/12 am just waiting for my op date to get my tubes tied ... i hope u r ok :hugs: i have choose to do egg share as well

hi hun sorry to hear your going through the same thing its heart breaking, i was dreading the doctor coming round to tell me, when do you start ur egg sharing have u looked into it? what mad u chose it? sorry about the questions but i am looking into it, i love the fort that why im trying to find some happyness im helping someone els with theres, are they just going to tie ur tubes and not take them out xx

I was dreading the fs coming to me too and telling the the news.. telling me there was nothing they could do it was that bad :(

I have choose to do egg share for a few reasons in no order, helping other out, my waiting list is 3 years for ivf. everything has come along rather quickly as well after my hospital referred me in april after the lap i was then seen by the ivf clinic in the may then i questioned about egg share and they sent me out all the info pack. I have an appt with the surgeon that done my lap in april to discuss the issue with getting my tubes tied so still un sure if he will want them out or just tie them, as there is too much fluid in them.

i also have my follow up egg share appt the next again day.. so it does all come round rather fast... so if u just try and gather as much info as u can about ur ivf/egg share am sure u can get moving really fast :)

everything is on my first page journal, i remember first joining b&b and trying to find as much info as i can .. ur in a great place!! where in uk r u from ?

I was dreading the fs coming to me too and telling the the news.. telling me there was nothing they could do it was that bad :(

I have choose to do egg share for a few reasons in no order, helping other out, my waiting list is 3 years for ivf. everything has come along rather quickly as well after my hospital referred me in april after the lap i was then seen by the ivf clinic in the may then i questioned about egg share and they sent me out all the info pack. I have an appt with the surgeon that done my lap in april to discuss the issue with getting my tubes tied so still un sure if he will want them out or just tie them, as there is too much fluid in them.

i also have my follow up egg share appt the next again day.. so it does all come round rather fast... so if u just try and gather as much info as u can about ur ivf/egg share am sure u can get moving really fast :)

everything is on my first page journal, i remember first joining b&b and trying to find as much info as i can .. ur in a great place!! where in uk r u from ?

I i dont think i have said this yet but i have found someone that does actually no what im gong through by joining this b&b, my friends are all having babies and starting there family and all they ever say is think positive i thought positive all the way through i was declined the lap but went for a 2nd opinion in which i got and they finally agreed, what was your thoughts on the lap and your recovery?

so it has all been moving so quick for you i bet ur pleased at that though, i not sure how to use this at the moment lol can u private message on here?

im from birmingham, were about are you from x

It is so good and helpful to find others that have/are going thru exactly the same.. u are the first person i have came across that has been the exactly the same so far expect the being declined first time for ur lap :( i find that shocking .. bet u r glad u went for 2nd opinion. I felt ok about going for lap i thought they would unblock my tubes and within a few months i would be preg, so i didnt really prepare my self for the bad news i was giving :(

At first it felt like it was dragging it still does a little but when i really think about it with all the appts ect its been quick!

Yes u can sent private messages :thumbup: Am from Scotland :)

Hi everyone :thumbup:
I'm so annoyed with the lwc I could explode :growlmad:
I phoned last week and asked for a copy of my notes they phoned me today and said I couldn't have my egg share blood results!:growlmad: coz I didn't pay for them the clinic did! But they wanted £50 for my notes!! I was just hoping to save the time of waiting!! So I sent dh to collect my notes and he comes home with an envelope and says they said I don't need to pay as I paid for them........confused I opened the envelope to find just 3peices of paper with just my amh result and dh test results?? Now I'm really confused surely if they usually charge £50 they should contain more than just that? I was expecting a copy of all notes taken at my appointments?:shrug:

So I went in search of any letters I had from the clinic to take with me to crgw on Monday and I found the letter from our first consultation from the doctor that says everything we talked about and like me and dh thought nothing was said about needing 10 follies it just says 8 eggs to share or if less donate all in return for a free cycle!! And I offered to donate all of mine but was told coz I had 9 follies I couldn't have a free cycle!! I know I need to let go and move on now but I am so annoyed!! I will miss the nurses there but the dr is a complete idiot!!

Hope everyone is well :hugs:

hey hun hope u r ok :hugs: that dr sounds like a idiot and glad u have found a better clinic :) u have everything right to be peed off i would as well!

I feel like they haven't given my notes coz they have made so many mistakes, counting the same follies twice, loosing my bloods, bad advice!! Just can't wait until Monday now to see where we go from here and hopefully have some idea of time frame!!

Not long until your appointments now too :happydance:
I find waiting so hard I'm a very impatient person lol :haha:

oh that is so unprofessional! fxd crossed for monday for u :) am sure this clinic will be the best one for u!

i know i cant wait till my appts i hate waiting as well but i have been keeping rather busy :)

PCCT, it is mad that u are going through the same thing i was goin to private message u but it wont let me do it not sure if im doing it right lol, i was glad they said yes to my lap but then once i had it done i hated the fact that i didnt have it done, but after sitting and thinking about it all and not completely giving up hope with having a baby i am glad because its put part of the jigsaw into place i just got to continue with the rest.

gems hun hope all goes okay for u at your app and you finally get sorted out my fingers will be crossed for u x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->