Starting egg share buddy wanted.

I think that's exactly how I will feel, as the past few months I have already been feeling like it will work ect but am so scared but at the same time I don't want to worry my self I wanna just go with flow and take it all from there! Oh and I think I will be testing at home as I have just been looking thru all my papers and it 17 days after transfer before otd!!

Will you be finding out schoolteacher? X

Nope we're staying team yellow and then DH will look and tell me instead of midwife at the birth! X

Hi all! G3mz glad your gonna start soon just prepare for the fact that it may be after Xmas now, I had my first failed ivf in October last year, and the first thing they said when I rang us was 'it will be January before the next one'. I was so disappointed! That was my clinic tho, it's because we are egg sharers an the recipients often don't want to do the treatment near Xmas. January is the busiest time in most clinics apparently! X

Bumski- lots of people have success first time- I just wasn't one of them tho :-( x

Hi all!

Bumski I have everything crossed for you!!! Are you trying to hold out till a certain date? It's so so hard. I hope you are relaxing and letting oh look after you!!!! Good luck eek!

Schoolteacher gosh I really envy your patience I'm terrible I had to know lol must be amazing to have that suprise at birth tho truly amazing!

It would be great if you became cycle buddies g3 so glad te ball is rolling for you!!

Have been lurking and reading your journeys, congratulations and good luck to those still waiting.

Basically I'm living in Northern Ireland and on waiting list for ICSI. No where here in the 2( yes 2) clinics does egg sharing for free or discounted Ivf.

Looking at places in England but had a few questions :

Have any if you had to travel a considerable distance to your appointments? Is this logistical nightmare?

Roughly how many scans and appointments did you attend until your ET?

AMH results- did any of you have a high result not a low one. Got mine the other day which was 94.8! Great lots of eggies but risk of OHSS.

I meet all the criteria but AMH worries me- I've responded well to Gonal-f with IUI before so no history of ohss. No endometriosis either. BMi below 28 etc.

I would love to put myself forward for egg sharing but just wondering how feasible it is living across the water!

Any info greatly appreciated ! Good luck!

Hi hope I just wanted to say welcome!! Some of the other ladies may be able to help more than me on this one but I wanted to wish you lots of luck.

Hey hope :) I can answer a few of ur question as am still in early stage of my egg share, I have to travel 1hr30 mins to my clinic it can be a pain but hopefully worth it!! At the min I still have to do my Amh I too am worried about that one ! Sorry I any help any more! Wishing you lots of luck and :dust:

Hey hope :) I can answer a few of ur question as am still in early stage of my egg share, I have to travel 1hr30 mins to my clinic it can be a pain but hopefully worth it!! At the min I still have to do my Amh I too am worried about that one ! Sorry I any help any more! Wishing you lots of luck and :dust:

Thanks for replying guys! I'll keep tracking this thread did any tid bits of info I can get lol! I'm under the impression a high AMH isn't as bad as a really low one? Low meaning it'll be hard to get a response to drugs .

I'm wondering whether flying over for appointments is a bit much? If there aren't that many it might be ok ... * sigh* such a nightmare waiting and wondering all the time, mean while friends and family are popping them out! :nope:

Hi hope and welcome x
I have a high AMH of 86 and unfortunately had to stop after EC due to a risk of OHSS, this was back in July and iv just had my embies put back this week.
I really don't think that is the case with everyone though and think my clinic was just being over cautious at that stage as I felt absolutely fine apart from slight bloating which most people get.
I have seen other women with a lot more eggs than me that have still gone on to do transfer though.
They will warn you of this happening but all clinics should keep a good eye on you to prevent it happening.
My clinic is approx 1hr drive away.
Apps were-
AMH test
More blood tests and scan
Initial consultation with dr and Councillor
Injection training
Blood test when started treatment
Another blood test and scan
EC
And then it should have been back for transfer

I imagine if you explain the distance your travelling you could get most of the initial apps done in one go.
Hope that you understood that lol. GL to you x

Hi hope and welcome x
I have a high AMH of 86 and unfortunately had to stop after EC due to a risk of OHSS, this was back in July and iv just had my embies put back this week.
I really don't think that is the case with everyone though and think my clinic was just being over cautious at that stage as I felt absolutely fine apart from slight bloating which most people get.
I have seen other women with a lot more eggs than me that have still gone on to do transfer though.
They will warn you of this happening but all clinics should keep a good eye on you to prevent it happening.
My clinic is approx 1hr drive away.
Apps were-
AMH test
More blood tests and scan
Initial consultation with dr and Councillor
Injection training
Blood test when started treatment
EC
And then it should have been back for transfer

I imagine if you explain the distance your travelling you could get most of the initial apps done in one go.
Hope that you understood that lol. GL to you x

Hi thanks so much for that! Sounds like we are fairly similar in terms of fertility issues, I have PCOS, been trying for 5 years, clomid x7 goes bfn, IUI with gonal f x4 bfn. I think I will ring a couple of the clinics I've been looking at and ask them a few questions, I have a lot if my results from the clinic I'm under now, hopefully they'll accept results from another clinic, ESP since AMH are valid for 2 years!

Worth a shot, I have to be proactive and try other avenues or ill go mad!

That's great you already have a lot of your tests done, could even knock the price down even more at some clinics.
I shouldn't see why they won't accept them, I hope they do for you but well worth giving them a call to find out anyway.
I hope you manage to get a clinic that suits you x

OMG OMG!!!!!!
Iv been really down and sure this was all for nothing

Well I actually caved yesterday and got BFN, think that just got me more depressed, so as it was a twin pack frer I couldn't resist the other today, peed on it and BFN again!
Literally 2 mins later I swore I could see something, couldn't see colour but could def see the 'line'
I have done hundreds of these before and never see this soooooo bring on the old poas addiction, off to Tesco I go and buy another, within 1 min it's there!!!!!
I am def not calling it my BFP yet as very faint lines scare me, but it's there and it's def pink this time!!!!
I'm too nervous to get excited yet but I still so over the moon, it looks like we are in with a good chance!!! Xxx

OMG OMG!!!!!!
Iv been really down and sure this was all for nothing

Well I actually caved yesterday and got BFN, think that just got me more depressed, so as it was a twin pack frer I couldn't resist the other today, peed on it and BFN again!
Literally 2 mins later I swore I could see something, couldn't see colour but could def see the 'line'
I have done hundreds of these before and never see this soooooo bring on the old poas addiction, off to Tesco I go and buy another, within 1 min it's there!!!!!
I am def not calling it my BFP yet as very faint lines scare me, but it's there and it's def pink this time!!!!
I'm too nervous to get excited yet but I still so over the moon, it looks like we are in with a good chance!!! Xxx

Omg!!!! So exciting!! Fingers are crossed for you! Your going to be my ray of hope mrs! I'm ringing egg sharing clinic to start the ball rolling next week, really hoping I'm as lucky as you've been ! Keep us informed of the bfp! :happydance:

Omg u cheeky little mare testing :haha: how many dpt are u? Got everything crossed for ya Hun!!! Am sooooo excited for u post some test pics hehe

Oh I will, I'm 5dp5dt. Not told Dh yet as he made me swear I wouldn't buy any tests lol. I have left that one at my mums and brought one home saying it's an old one from mums house, so I'm currently holding for a bit and then doing it infront of Dh!
I so hope it's there and he sees it too!
Oh I'm so naughty lol
Will let you know how I get on, still can't actually believe this could possibly it for us after 5+ years ttc.
Thankyou girls you have been my rock, love yas xxxx

Awwww wow ur guna make me cry u! Lol soo happy for u can't wait to see ur bfp!!

Well it's still there! Phew! Dh saw it straight away and he is over the moon, I am trying not to get my hopes up ( yeah right) because had my heart broke 2 years ago.
This must be a forever baby, please please please!!!
Will upload tomorrow if I can. Xxx

Woooooo hooooo u well deserve this!! This is deffo ur forever baby!!! Soo happy for u :happydance:

Ur very welcome ! u have came a very very long way and now its here woo hoo!!Can not wait to follow ur pregnancy journey now hehe :)

Oh wow bumski sooooo excited for you!!! :happydance: you have waited so long you soooooo deserve this :hugs:

Hi hopefaithcj I have changed my clinic and they accepted my amh results and dh test results! So fingers crossed you find a clinic that will keep your appointments to a minimum :thumbup:

Hi pcct :)

Hi everyone else :)

I'm looking forward to my treatment planning appointment on Tuesday!
I know I'm most prob looking at jan before it starts and I have to wait 2 cycles between my egg donation and my own go so have a long way ahead but every visit to the clinic I know I'm getting that little bit closer!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->