Starting egg share buddy wanted.

Aww is it :dohh: I didn't no that that lol
I didn't know my count before stims - 150iu and 175iu I would say is the average , they know ur amh can't see them putting u on anything that will over stim u and if u need longer they will kept I stiming a extra few days till they get to a good size :)

Yeah o suppose Hun Wise words they just said there puttinh me on lowest coz of My age.

Now I have too decide if I want isci or not this is such a rollercoster haha!!

Haha yeah it is Hun just go with the flow chick :thumbup: I think they just put ur dose at ur age and amh level ur best at average like u say u don't want to over stim so slowly but surly does the trick :)

Wow just seen your ticker !!! 8week 2days !!!! Only 7 days till your scan !!!!!! :D !!!!x

Hi all, just wanted to say good luck to all you ladies trying to conceive, and congrats to all of you that have conceived.

I was sterilised three years ago, but greatly regret it and we are currently in the very early stages of considering egg sharing to try for another and to give someone else a chance at having a baby.

I worry though, as I am already 34, and being as I wont be actually doing it until next year (when I would be 35, fast approaching 36) at the earliest due to uni degree, am worried that I may be too old. Any advice would be greatly appreciated :flower:

gmz3- good luck with your scan today!!! Fingers crossed all goes well.
bumski- how you feeling now?
Hope all you newly pregnant girls are doing well and ms is staying away!
Hope everyone else is doing well.
mumof5- When do you turn 35???
If you are wanting to egg share you really need to be looking into it now. Most clinics won't accept donors once you turn 35 (a couple until 36) and the initial tests etc before you start can take so long. I would say on average the girls on here (correct me if i'm wrong girls) took 6months for initial tests, counselling, matching with a donor etc.
Plus HFEA won't allow egg sharing once you turn 36- that's not the age you can start but age it ends so egg transfer has to occur before then.
*Thus I would say to have the option of any clinic you need to be early 34 when first contacting them, especially if you would like to do more than one cycle*
I was in a state last year when I found out about my infertility (HSG June-proximal tubal blockage. Sep-surgery to unblock tubes-consultant did not even try to unblock them- Tubes blocked at both ends, twisted and away from ovaries and stuck to pelvic wall)
I was 35yrs +3mth in June and most clinics would not see me (I was considering traveling from the north east to London!) had the dilema do I egg share or try to have my tubes unblocked. I knew by the sep I would be running out of time and if clinic did accept me I would probably be lucky to get one cycle in before I turned 36yr.
I ended up getting a shock BFP in Oct 6wks after surgery and my consultant does not know how!!! (was told only way forward IVF).
Please if you are really thinking of egg sharing do not leave it too late the stress and time bomb I endured was mentally torturing and I would not wish it on anyone. I'm in the middle of a degree myself (part time) 6mths pregnant with 3teenage girls and do not know if I will manage to go back in Sep for my final modules with a 6wk old. What I do know is you can get a degree at any age but with egg sharing or even just fertility itself there is time limit- a woman's bilological clock. Mine was ticking like Big Ben!!!

hi ladies!!

mumof5 as hope said the screening tests take time, maybe if you book a consultation and talk it through maybe you could do your tests straight away to save time when you are ready? and i love your autism awareness sign my boy has asd :) best of luck to you hope you get to egg share!

hope everyone is ok!!

afm had my scan today, stupid follie is only 12mm :growlmad: was so excited on the way there then felt totally deflated after it! back again for another scan on thursday but looks like i wont ovulate until sometime next week! i hate all this waiting im sooooo impatient! x

Mum of 5 - I would defo make an app now becoz otherwise it will be too late for egg sharing !!!

Gmz - sorry your follie is only small still ?! What cd r u on ? What cd do you normally ,0, x

im cd 14 today which is when i usually ovulate but the ivf meds mess with your cycles! :( x

Ahhh okay yeah that makes sense ! I hope you ovulate soon hunnie ! Is this natural FET then ?? X

hi ladies!!

i love your autism awareness sign my boy has asd :) best of luck to you hope you get to egg share!

Thank you g3mz, my son is autistic, so like to raise awareness where I can :thumbup:

Thanks everyone, I have emailed two clinics today, The Lister in London and CRM London, so have tentatively started the ball rolling!! Thing is doing it sooner rather than later will mean that if I am successful I will most likely have to delay the last year of my degree (take a year out then go back afterwards to finish it) - To me a baby would be worth it, and as you have all pointed out time is not on my side for egg sharing, but I know that everyone else will think and tell us we are completely nuts, especially since I have been wanting to be a midwife for over 15 years.

I am in my last year of my nurse training hun and I got preg in my 1st year and had her start of my second year I had 10days off and carried on with everything I didn't fall behind passed all my exams and Iam probley going too get a 2:1 so not too bad ;D !!!! Am applying for midwifery next year !! Hope I get in how many year did you apply before you got on your course x

Am applying for midwifery next year !! Hope I get in how many year did you apply before you got on your course x

Wow, you are good, I don't think that I could honestly carry on studying with a newborn, Id go crazy :wacko:

I have applied three times since I've wanted to be a midwife, but not on consecutive years. Best of luck to you, it is an amazing career and I feel truly privileged to be a part of it :cloud9:

I found it easier carrying on My hubby. Ha just left for afgan when lillah was 3days old and I was still in hosptial so going back too UNi kept my mind focused !! Lol !! I'll tell ya it's easier studying when their new born than now when she's 19month haha!!

I have an interview on gyne ward for may so hopefully I'll start in July then I can put that down as experience becoz I'll be working on Epu aswell . I'll also b a registered nurse so hopefully that will stand me in good stead id love too be a midwife it's like my dream job :) !!! X

hi mumof5, i agree with what the others have said about age i was also told no older than 35, im 32 this year and already thinking if i want another baby after this one i cant really wait for too long, gl to you x

g3mz sorry your follies are not playing ball at the mo, typical bodies hey, they never do what we want, its still a good sign its growing and you never know by thurs it could do some catching up, fx for you x

Ok so after a lot of research and reading yesterday I've rung three clinics this morning - The Lister, The Bridge and CRM (all in London). Anyone have any experience with any of these? Am awaiting calls back from all three of them. Feel good for actually getting the ball rolling :happydance: but also very nervous as there so much that can go wrong before you even get to the point of transfer.....

*** Update: Dr from CRM called back re my medical form, apparently because my son has autism they will not accept me as an egg sharer :nope: I have also just spoken to the donor co-ordinator at the Lister and they have said the same. g3mz was this an issue for you as I know you said that your son has asd?? The Dr I spoke to thinks that this will stop all clinics from accepting me, despite the fact that autism is not a proven genetic disorder, none of my other children have it and no-one in my family does either, also we believe our son developed autism due to vaccine injury; as a baby and small toddler he was perfectly 'normal', reaching all his milestones etc. I feel so deflated to think my dream may be over before it has begun :cry:

ps: Good luck Bettybee1 for your interview x

Big hugs mumof5 :hugs: iv replied to your private mail.........I thought because of my daughters gdd I would have been turned down but it wasn't a problem and autism shouldn't be any different! As you said its not a genetic disorder, don't give up hope yet!
On phone ATM will post again later x

Heard from the other clinic too. I'm not viable for egg sharing :nope:, so after a lengthy discussion this afternoon DH and I have decided that we are going to try the sterilisation reversal operation. Now we just need to save the pennies (but hopefully by the end of the year/beginning of next we will have the money together. Wishing all of you the very best of luck xxxx

im so sorry mumof5! that must be heartbreaking, i know its must be such a hard thing to hear, i hope you and dh manage to save quickly for the reversal and it all works out well for you x

any news off anyone else at the mo? x

Momof5- am really sorry chick really am I really hope you can get either the reversal or find funds for the ivf xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->