Starting IVF in Dec/Jan/Feb on NHS (UK)?

Hi Kazza,

Glad to see you back.

I'm going to do my FET in a couple of cycles but they're just going to use my natural cycle for mine as I usually ovulate on my own. What's the set up for you?

KaZza- good luck with the new cycle ! Lots and lots of Babydust.

Wallie- Babydust x

Boofs- hope work went ok. Sending you hugs x

Hope you all doing ok xx

Thanks ladies

I avevto down reg for at least two weeks starting Thursday then take three tablts a day to thicken the lining of the womb then implant the one frostie I have in the freezer. It's a hatched blast and graded bb so fingers crossed it survives the thaw! Great that you don't have to medicate tat should speed things up for you too.

Boofle how are you hunny xx

Thanks Kazza! Good luck, sounds as if you've got a good frostie.

Kazza good to hear from you how exciting to be starting ur cycle today. I too had two weeks injections then tabs 3 times a day and the lovely suppositories lol. A frozen cycle is tonnes easier in terms of the way the drugs make you feel and my embryologist told me that 90 per cent of blasts survive the thaw so pretty good odds hunny :) I really hope it's third time lucky for you. Keep us posted :) xx

Wallie I'm going to ask about a natural cycle - I guess it involves lots more scans? xx

Sam/lindy - sending you hugs xxxx

Afm I'm in a better place than I was this time last week. Work was okay - no one knows at work so at least I didn't have to talk about it - my manager said I didn't look myself though :(( it was her last day too - she's now on maternity leave so that was hard even though I'm really happy for her!

Boofs- I kept it quiet in work. Only told my close friend there , I think it helps nobody looking all sympathetic ! I know that sounds harsh but it would have made each day more difficult. My acupuncturist used acupuncture and soft/ natural ivf with his wife... Now they have twin girls! X

Good luck and hugs to everybody xx

Donnas2012 PUPO with twins as of Sunday 29/01/12, 2WW, OTD Thursday 9/02/12 bfn:cry::hugs:

Traskey PUPO with twins as of Tuesday 31/01/12, 2WW, OTD Saturday 11/02/12 :bfp::happydance:

Sambatiki PUPO with twins as of Monday 30/01/12, 2WW, OTD Sunday 12/02/12 :bfp::happydance:

Hippiehappy PUPO with twins as of Monday 6/02/13, 2WW, OTD Thursday 23/02/12 bfn :cry:.

Sophiebee PUPO with one as of Wednesday 8/02/12, OTD Wednesday 22/02/12 bfn :cry: :hugs:.

PGlady PUPO with one beanie as of Wednesday 15/02/12, OTD Friday 24/02/12 bfn :cry: :hugs:.

Mazak stimming scan Saturday 4/02/12, EC Thursday 9/02/12.

Kazzab25 EC 15/02/12, PUPO with twins as of Saturday 18/02/12.

Wallie PUPO since Friday 24/02/12, OTD 12/03/12.

Please EC Wednesday 22/02/12 ET Monday 27/02/12.

Boofle EC Tuesday 21/02/12, ET Sunday 26/02/12.

KittyCat82 currently DR, scan Monday 13/02/12, stimming start date TBC.

Wanabeamama laparoptomy Friday 27/01/12, starting on IVF pathway soon.

:dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust:
**********~~~~^~~~~***********

Hello all,
I have been lurking and posting for a while, things have moved very very slowly for us, being in the UK and having to rely on the NHS, which though is a godsend, is by no means a quick solution...

About me: I'm 32 next week, hubby is 28 with azoospermia. TTC for about 4 years, was told there was nothing wrong with me until July when I had my pre-IVF scan. They found 'something' on it, was referred (in September- told you they're slow!) for a lap and found I had hydrosalpinx so both tubes have now been disconnected (or 'separated' as they say it). I would have taken this a heck of a lot worse if I hadn't already been down for ICSI due to OH's azoo!!! As it happens it didn't make that massive difference, it was gonna be IVF anyway and finding and getting rid of the hydrosalpinx has doubled our chances so yay! :happydance:

Anyway, I had the lap just over a week ago and after this I was told to ring in on CD1 which was after a few days as they'd given me Norethisterone before the lap. I am down for IVF at St Mary's in Manchester and unfortunately they close the labs over Xmas so they have a 'no referrals' period for long protocols between the end of October and the end of November, which of course I fell into. Not too bad though, after spending years and years waiting to see consultants I can live with that. Also at least this way, when I finally get to need the labs, they will be very clean!
It looks like I will be starting on long protocol in December, so if anyone else is waiting to start then, do you want to buddy up?
Hope to hear from you soon.:flower:

Hiya just an update, I start icsi on 3rd September :happydance:

Hey everybody!
I'm good and glad to report that my second round of ICSI resulted in a :bfp::happydance:.
It's still very early doors and I'm waiting for my viability scan on October 24th. Not long to go now. Not told anybody yet (other than the DH of course and on here) and either way we'll probably wait till the after the scan at week 12, possibly later than that for work and for it to be common knowledge.
I know I'm not out of the woods yet but I do have a good feeling about this :thumbup:
Have also heard from Traskey who now has gorgeous twin girls, Samba and PG also expecting! So there you go, looks like this thread got lucky eventually!
:hug:

Great news hippie- hope the scan goes well next week. Har your tissues ready!! Eating the heartbeat is amazing. Cx

Hey girls glad ur all okay and hippie big congratulations :) please post after your scan and then we'll know how many little uns you have in there :)

Not much happening for me. Have to have a hysteroscopy before any more treatment to see why my lining gets so thick. Waiting list at st Mary's is months so got referred back to my local hospital and hopefully will get a date in the next couple of weeks. Af due anyday, did test two days ago and still bfn :(
Had appt at docs yesterday, I asked if she would prescribe clomid but she said no and wants me and oh to go to relate - can't see him going for that :(

Thanks everybody! Hello Kazza so sorry your FET didn't go well :cry::hugs:
Lindy :wohoo: so pleased for you too!
Wallie, any news on further cycles/ treatment?
Boofle, so sorry about your early m/c :cry: I had a bleed at 4 weeks and was convinced it was an early m/c but it appears it was just one of those things. I was devastated at the time but I just got very, very lucky (for a change!). The feelings were still all there and I spent a week of hell before OTD a week later when I got a BFP still and the clinic said it was definitely not a m/c, both the DH and I had a bit of trouble believing it and we spent a few days feeling very confused! It's been a rollercoaster of emotions.
I'm glad that at least you can keep trying between treatment. Sittig there waiting for the next cycle knowing that until then your life is on hold is awful. Which is why I didn't let that happen to me; after the 1st failed IVF I decided I wanted to have a REALLY good Summer and forget all about TTC and I did! So glad I did now, because it's not nice letting TTC rule your life IMHO.
Hope everyone is feeling alright & have a top week-end! x

How are you doing Wallie? How's Boofle?

Not feeling too great but better than the last two days! Just the usual blues when AF appears. Not sure when I'll do my FET, next couple of months maybe, depends on the weather for travelling down to Glasgow.

I was made an auntie again yesterday. I wish I could be pleased but at this moment in time I can't.

Great to hear from you Boofle and hopefully things move quickly. Gps are so frustrating. Keep trying even without the clomid ;)
Hippie- good luck with your scan. Hope you are taking care of yourself
Wallie- it is totally understandable how you feel. I got told my sil was pregnant when we got told to go for ivf and she had the baby a month after my mc. It's horrible because you are pleased for them but so envious and feel why can't it be me and then feel guilty for your feelings. It's not easy. Sending hugs. Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->