Starting IVF Sept/Oct - UK - anyone else?

Been following for a while but have not commented due to always being on the go when I read these. I just wanted to throw in how sorry I am to the ladies who had a failed cycle this time around, congratulations to those who got bfps, and hang in there to those still in the tww. I will not be cycling again until November, perhaps January. We will see. Lots of love, ladies!

Sorry i abandoned my post guys!!
I'm not on Menopur and go back on the 21st Oct for a scan to see how my ovaries are getting on :)
So exciting!!

Lexus - that is really exciting. Have you tested again yet?

Alycesin - how are you getting on with the meds? I found that bit of the cycle to not be as hard as I expected once I got over the issue of injecting myself!

My update is that we're pressing ahead with.the FET. I'll start the injections at the end of this month (I didn't like the idea of a nasal spray) and then we'll do the FET next cycle. My consultant thinks it will be around the start of December. We.might try naturally this cycle (I can't hurt) although I am feeling a bit annoyed with OH that he didn't stick to the alcohol intake the consultant recommended. I don't know how helpful it is to feel like this but I can't get it out of my mind.

Everyone else that is waiting or about to start, hoping things work out for you. It feels like there's so many variables, doesn't it? X

Leeze - that is great news. Keep us posted when you start FET.

Lexus - any update?

As for me, my injections are going ok. You are right, once you get over putting a needle in you, it isn't so bad. The Menopur burns a bit and that sucks but the other ones are fine. I have been injecting in my stomach. Have either of you done your thigh before? I feel like I should mix it up. I am also experiencing headaches and am a bit moody but that was to be expected.

Thanks for asking!
Allison

Alycesin - I inject in my thigh, they didnt suggest the stomach, i have no idea why. I'm okay with it in the leg though. The bureselin burned the first time she did it (when she was showing me what to do) but im fine with it now and i hae hardly any bruises.

The Menopur i'm on now is premixed, that sometimes hurts when i'm putting the needle in, it must be thicker then the bureselin needle.

How long did it take for you guys to trigger after your first scan after starting stims?

I injected into my stomach too. I found the Gonal to be OK but the certrocide to be quite itchy and uncomfortable.

I'm not really up on all the language yet. Do you mean when was the trigger shot given? I remember starting meds on CD2 and I had the trigger on cd 14, I think. Then egg collection on CD 16.and transfer on cd19

I've done a day 1 start. I started bureselin on day one of full AF bleed. And i took that for 3 weeks.Now i take menopur and bureselin for 7 days. I go in on friday to scan and see how my ovaries/eggs are doing. Then i go every other day until they think they are ready to take out. I just don't know how long it is from first day of menopur until my eggs are removed. :-/ I'm such a newbie at this.

Essjay - I started my Lupron on 10/12 and my Menopur & Gonal on 10/14. I went in for my first scan on Monday 10/17, second scan 10/20 and now they scheduled me to come in on Sunday 10/22 for my third. My doctor said I would be on the stims for 10-12 days and then we would trigger. It seems like I am progressing slowly if they are not having me come back in until Sunday. Bad news is I will be out of meds on Monday, I think. So I will have to splurge for more if I don't trigger Sunday night.

Any tips for the day of, before and after ER?

Ive never done this before either, and i keep getting the language wrong. I keep saying FET but i'm not doing frozen haha. Oh god.

When i went on friday (which was day 7 of stims) I had 7 follies on each side, mostly all at 10mm. And smaller ones dotted around them. I go in tomorrow which is day 10 to see how they are progressing.

Alycesin - Are you in the UK, how come your paying? We'll be doing our transfers around the same time :)

Essay - I am in the US and my insurance doesn't cover infertility. It is total BS. Anyway, today was day 10 of stims for me. I had an ultrasound and blood work this am. The doctor reviewed my results and want me to stay on the stims for 2 more days. I am pretty sure we will do our ER on Thursday. Let me know what they say tomorrow. Good luck!

It is nice to have a buddy who is on the same timeframe!!!!

Oh man that sucks! We are lucky here to have the NHS.

did they say how many eggs/follicles you have?

On my day 7 i had 14 eggs that were all mostly around 10mm.
Today (day 10) i have 24 eggs between 10mm-15mm and one randomly at 19mm.
The doctor is a little concerned that i may get OHSS but i think ill be fine.

She did warn me that if they all grow to the correct size they may not do the transfer after collection..they may freeze them and put them in on another cycle. Which i really hope doesnt happen!

She thinks i will go in for collection Friday. So hopefully you can give me a heads up on what happens.

Hi ladies how's everyone getting on?

I found out yesterday that baseline FSH is 16 which is high, they thought about cancelling the cycle but in view of my endometriosis we've decided to go ahead.

I started taking menopur yesterday. Going in for bloods in the morning.

Does anyone have any success stories with high FSH?

Hi ladies how's everyone getting on?

I found out yesterday that baseline FSH is 16 which is high, they thought about cancelling the cycle but in view of my endometriosis we've decided to go ahead.

I started taking menopur yesterday. Going in for bloods in the morning.

Does anyone have any success stories with high FSH?

Ive only cycled once (my fsh is 15ish) and it did not turn out well, but my re revamped my cycle and im about to cycle again in 3 weeks. Ill keep you posted.

Nolimit - thanks Hun, hope this cycle goes better for you.

My journal is in my sig but I'm not the best at updating it!! xx

Hi Ladies,

ER was today and they retrieved 8 eggs. I am not sure how I feel about that number. We were really hoping to have at least 2 to freeze, just in case. Now we wait. Do you think it is ok to have a glass or two of wine between ER and ET?

Essjay - Did you have ER yet?

Hi Ladies,

ER was today and they retrieved 8 eggs. I am not sure how I feel about that number. We were really hoping to have at least 2 to freeze, just in case. Now we wait. Do you think it is ok to have a glass or two of wine between ER and ET?

Essjay - Did you have ER yet?

Ooh - any update on how many have fertilised? I had 5 collected, 3 fertilised, 2 transfered and one went on to be frozen. Hopefully you've got a good chance of getting 2 or more frosties.

Sorry to be a bit absent the last 10 days or so but I've been feeling quite low. It's a lot to go through and a lot of money and this little frostie is most probably our last chance. I'm trying to get myself focused again

I didn't drink any alcohol for the whole cycle when doing the EC and fresh transfer. But I have been doing this month. I'm planning to stop again on CD1! I can't see how a couple of glasses would hurt but personally I'd feel better to avoid it on the actual cycle

Hi Leeze - I am so sorry to hear you are feeling down. I can't imagine what you are going thru. It is such an emotional process. Sending that frostie all of the good vibes. Keep us posted on when your transfer will be.

7 out of the 8 eggs retrieved were fertilized. I will get an update today (day 3) on how many have made it this far and Wednesday is my transfer day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->