Sticking Together Until We Are In Diapers Ourselves!

We ended up walking the dog after dinner and some random old lady attempted to pick Luca up out of his pushchair. She'd stopped us to talk to about Luca (we get this a lot out in public) so it's not like she came out of nowhere. I have bad anxiety at the best of times but I can't stop thinking about it!! So glad my husband was there, otherwise I'd probably be in police custody and awaiting assault charges by now.

The point of this post was to ask if you all think I'm overreacting by wanting to talk to the police? My husband thinks I'm crazy but I know he'd want to do the exact same thing if it was a middle aged man, rather than an elderly woman. Am I crazy? I'm struggling to drop this one. :shrug:

Goodness - another person from the October group has just given birth. Crazy! I feel like we're making quite good progress toward getting organised now. Looking forward to starting to set up some nursery furniture this weekend.

Jyllian - you look great. Nice work on the clean out!

Kirsty - I'd try not to panic (easier said than done). A lot of elderly people grew up in the time that the "village raised the child" so their boundaries are different. I doubt she intended any harm, and probably just got over excited, wanted a baby cuddle and overstepped the boundaries. I have a friend who kept getting approached by people and she now just calmly says "we can wave at you, but we're learning about strangers so we don't cuddle people who aren't family". Keeps it objective. Hope that helps!

Definitely helped. Thanks :hugs: think I just needed somebody other than my husband to say it.

I had an old lady creeping on Shelby yesterday, even my mom felt uncomfortable. I ended up politely ignoring her lol. She just was obsessed with my baby, but I guess maybe she was missing her grandchildren.

Yikes Kirsty that's a tough situation. Like, I wouldn't want anyone just trying to grab my baby and I would feel compelled to be super protective to the point where it would likely come across as rude even though I wasn't trying to be nor would I want to be. Just motherly instinct. I have bad anxiety and most likely would have overreacted. I agree that older people grew up with different boundaries and in a different kind of lifestyle where that behavior likely was acceptable. Unfortunately, with the world we live in today you can't be too careful :nope: I don't think she meant anything malicious by doing so, just different upbringing and mindset. I wouldn't be too concerned about it now, but perhaps figure out a way to effectively yet politely/calmly dismiss strangers from touching or trying to grab your child in the case it ever happened in the future :thumbup:

When my DD was very little, the age where she began grabbing for and holding things and putting them to her mouth, my mom and I were at the grocery store and a lady who was a total stranger came up to comment on her... then proceeded to hold out her nasty, filthy, disgusting, germ-filled key chain my daughter seemed to be eyeing up and reaching out for. Uh... yuck. My mom was holding my daughter and quickly reacted and turned to pull my daughter away from touching the keys. Even family members can be annoying. My ex husband and I traveled with the kids to Kentucky for his grandmother's funeral when DD was a mere 2 months old. Her hair curled a bit in the heat and humidity and for some reason everyone felt compelled to walk up and lick their hand so they could slick down a bit of her hair that was sticking up. Gross! How many different people's spit was in my daughter's hair... I was super irritated. People just don't think sometimes.

Fi I've noticed quite a few ladies from the August group I'm in on Facebook have been delivering early. It makes me anxious. OH is so ready for Cameron to be here but I can wait a bit longer. Now that the home renovation crap is pretty much done with I need to clean house and wash his clothing and such!

Just butting in out of nowhere until I get time to get caught up properly... a lot of ladies in the June group started giving birth since March :shock: and look how far over I went.

Try not to worry about that ladies :hugs: You are all healthy mommas and your babies will be just fine!

I feel so bad for poor Jess. I wish something would happen for her - either some good sleep, pain relief or her beautiful baby Luke to arrive already. It's just so amazing how differently everyone's experience can be and how our bodies work during pregnancy. I had been thinking all along that I'd give birth early... but now am beginning to think I could go past my due date. OH was nearly 2 weeks overdue. I think I came a little early. DS1 and DD came 10 and 8 days early, both at 7lbs 2 oz exactly, so I was just assuming Cameron would come early too based on him seeming to be a big larger. Like, I can't hold anything over 7lbs 2oz so he will come when he gets to that point :laugh2: But now I'm worried I'll go over and have this big-headed, larger baby I can't birth and wind up with a CS :wacko:

We've had a lot of people pay attention to him, mainly women with children of their own because we spend so much time at baby and toddler groups. People are constantly touching him, but we've never had somebody attempt to unbuckle his pushchair and take him out of it before! I guess she just threw me for a minute :shrug: I'm way overprotective though, he's just too precious :haha:

Yeah Kirsty I wouldn't worry too much about it. Like jyllian said, it's just different boundaries. Just put a padlock on the push chair :rofl:

Jyllian I wish I knew why you were so nervous about the birth! You've done it easily twice before mama! But I did read the other day the CPD is actually super super rare so it's incredibly unlikely he would get too big to birth naturally. He'd have to be like 12 pounds lol. You'd probably even still be able to do that! CPD was much more common when women commonly had rickets and actually had small pelvises. I read that in Ina May's guide the other day and thought it was really interesting!

Totally understandable Kirsty, how you feel

So this is the final task of our mass home renovation project.

_1LzHaTFfYe6U5PescgnpIiy6hmsj4toVxJo1o4WQ1I=w376-h667-no
Mrv4GCoMb7yrSxORqZQgFb5hSTfEy1jT4MM3y_QDJQ4=w1186-h667-no

It's in our half bath downstairs where the water tank and furnace is. OH picked up some white accordion doors but the part that sticks out from the ceiling didn't come out far enough to account for the stupid humidity thingy located down in the bottom far right of the first photo. So if we were to hang the doors from the track from that part it would hit that stupid contraption on the floor. The ceiling piece had to be extended out, covered with some drywall, mudded and painted before the track and doors can be hung to hide everything behind. To my surprise, OH was actually working on this yesterday when I got home from work! He screwed some wood to extend out far enough, then I measured and marked out the drywall which he cut and hung and I mudded the seams and screw holes. Should be dry today so it can be sanded and hopefully painted but may need another coat of mud. Hoping OH takes the initiative to do that today while I'm at work. I'm just too anxious to get those doors hung!

I have started a parenting journal if anyone wants to follow. I'm not going to be very active on it just yet but getting it up and running is a start :D

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/parenting-journals/2328219-raising-wunnas-bubba.html

It's 21:15 here and Luca has literally just fallen asleep (usually it's 19:30 as we get up early). My husband baths him every night and he loves it. DH ended up taking him out of the bath to rerun the water twice because he didn't want to get out :dohh: 7 months old and already has daddy exactly where he wants him :rofl:

Pam - Matthew is gorgeous. Such a handsome little man!

Jyllian - you are so close to being finished with the renovations. Woohoo! I'm glad your OH got things started. Hope you can get it finished soon so that you can sit down and relax before your little one arrives

Kirsty - that is really cute!

Kenna - Shelby is beautiful. I just saw your journal and the photos, and she is adorable. It sounds like it has been a much more settled week for you

Don't. You'll make me cry again :rofl: happens on the 20th of every month. :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->