Sticking Together Until We Are In Diapers Ourselves!

Congratulations Jess and DH.... Happy waiting for some pictures... :D

Awww, Pam those are perfect pictures..... love how happy Matthew is.. and the pic with DH and the fish so cuuuuuuttttteeeee.....

Congratulations Jess! I hope you recover well, and look forward to seeing some pictures

Pam, Matthew is seriously cute

Kirsty, congratulations on 28 weeks

Cheryl - can't wait to see some pictures of your nursery!

Hey ladies. Here is a Luke pic for those of you not on Facebook

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 14
So happy for you Jess... Luke looks so comfortable in his mummy's chest.... Love those wrinkles. :D Have a rest momma... Can't wait to hear your birth story and see more pictures.. :D

Luke is currently in the nursery having some tests run so I thought I could post his little birth story real quick.

On Thursday we went in for our 40 week appointment and booked the induction for Tuesday. During the exam the doctor must have aggravated my cervix enough to trigger labor. When I got home from the appointment I started having really bad contractions and was bleeding pretty heavily. We decided to go to Ob screening, where I was checked again and sent home. Over the course of the night my contractions were getting worse. We went back to Ob screening on Friday at 11. At that point I was 60% effaced and 1 cm dilated. We walked the hospital for 2 hours and I was rechecked. This time I was 75% effaced and al out 2 cm dilated but still not far enough along to admit me. We went home again. I labored throughout the night and by 7 am I was in excruciating pain. We held off going to Ob screening until 11:45, arriving at 12:05. I was in so much pain I couldn't walk to the room, and a wheel chair was brought out. I climbed into the bed and was at 7cm dilated with a bulging sac. When the nurse went to remove her finger the bag of water exploded and I was literally rushed upstairs. The check upstairs showed that I was back down to 5cm, but there was no way I was being sent home. After spending the first hour in so much pain while the entire doctor and midwife and anasthesiology departments figured out a plan of action, I was given phentynol to try to ease some of the pain. It didn't work and a PCA line with morphine was set up. I received a very low dose every 10 minutes, which didn't take the pain away but made it to where I could sleep between contractions.

At about 10pm, they did another cervical check and showed that I had stalled out at 8cm. A pitocin drip was started to increase their frequency and intensity. Prior to that I was having double contractions followed by a break. At 12am I was up to 9 and stalled again until 4:30am when I finally made it to 10. They did put in an internal monitor for contraction strength and heart rate, but the contraction monitors weren't working and I had 4 put in over the course of 30 minutes. When they checked me at 4:30 Luke had pushed the contraction monitor out of my cervix. I attempted a push to see how I woul do and apparently was fantastic. I was allowed to rest from 4:30 until 5am when I woke up pushing. I pushed for quite awhile but was unable to make any progress in brining Luke down, and a c-section was discussed. I asked for one more chance and labored for another hour pushing as hard as I possibly could (which was easier when the nurses switched and therefore tactics switched). Ronny and my mom held my legs and I pushed so hard once that he crowned. A mad fury of commotion went on and all of a sudden there were like 40 people in our room. I kept pushing the whole time, until I was told to stop. The cord was wrapped around Lukes head and he was clutching it in his hands, but he was lifeless. Pediatrics took him and got him to breathe and immediately took him to the nicu for further evaluation and treatment. Ronny went with him.

I stayed in the room where I pushed the placenta out on my own about 7 minutes after Luke came out. I have a tear on my labia close to my urethra and a second degree perennial tear. They tried to put in a local anesthetic but it didn't work, so I felt every single atitch that was placed. Luke and Ronny came bAck to the room where we hung out for a few hours waiting for a bed on the maternity floor. Luke is having some problems with clotting too soon so he is off in the nursery right this second having a blood draw and some other tests done and then he'll be back.

I'm having some difficulties getting him to latch to my inverted nipple but will meet with lactation consultants today to get help with it.

You're an amazing mumma Jess..... Glad to know you had Luke naturally (jealous)... Hope all turns out well...

Crazy story, Jess! Glad everyone is doing okay and that he is finally here!

Wow Jess! Glad to know Luke is doing well now (right?) but that must have been so scary!

Everyone is doing well. Luke is struggling to eat a bit. He doesn't care for the slightly inverted nipple at all so j am going to meet with lactation today to help with that issue. He's been vomiting up a lot of amniotic fluid as well.

Daphne and Pamela, love the video and photos! So adorable!!!

Jess omigosh OWWWW!!! When I read the part about tear and stiches... oy, my lady bits are in pain just thinking about it. But huuuge congrats to you mama for a successful vaginal delivery! Luke is perfect!

It's raining babies here!!! A few more weeks and we will have another wave of births!!

We are in a suburb of atlanta, it's really pretty here, traffic is absolutely horrific! I'm still trying to understand how a 6 lane hwy stays congested all hours of the day!!! We haven't done much venturing into atlanta Except to drop off our moving truck on Saturday, and I saw something that disturbed me deeply. Two big jacked up trucks with large displays of flags with racist content on them. And as they drove by a group of people standing on the side of the road, the group cheered the trucks. It was so gross, sad, and scary. How can so many people be so hateful? Especially to other human beings. I have never seen anything like that before, and hope I never see that again.

Wow Jess, crazy birth story! You are so strong and I'm glad they let u have the one last try! Good pushin', Momma! ;) I'm so proud of you and extremely happy that Luke finally presented himself! It was well worth the wait! I'll be stalking FB for any news about Luke today!

Daphne I miss you! Sorry I haven't been on much. Internet data is low and when I come on here it sucks more data because of the time I end up staying on for, lol. With FB, I just click in and out real quick. Plus life has been hectic..We were trying to sell our truck super hard last wk & it finally sold! Yay! But most of the craziness has been with our home and our landlord not doing his job. Rats are NOT his responsibility...hahaha! Calling the health dept today. We've been hearing them since March but just discovered the day after rent that it was a family of rats!! And thats only one of the many issues we've been dealing with. Its all been so stressful with the baby coming that I haven't had time to do anything..& my mind has been elsewhere for sure. I'll come back on more by the 7th when my data cycle renews again :). Btw, Adam is beautiful! (I'll never stop saying it..I love his lips! Way too cute!)

I hope all is well with everyone! I'm going to have quite a bit of catching up to do! lol. Talk to u all soon!

I saw this today...

NaZK7I9mt5jb32CfOhgTKdrGjoMLYEOwWJCmcy5-b_4=w742-h483-no

...which really excites me even more about nursing Cameron, as the far left photo is close to what I pumped out of my left boob the other day :happydance: I squeezed quite a bit of yellow-white colostrum out of my right nipple this morning with ease. I wish I could pump but will definitely wait and let Cam do his thing when he gets here.

My mom and I picked out a cake for our shower. It's one of the pregnant belly cakes, so so cute! It is going to say "awaiting our work of A.R.T." and we will have cupcakes that spell out T H I N K with one that has the two pink lines (think positive). I'm going to make the streamers that Cheryl made for her gender reveal, and some glitter balloons. We will have chicken salad sandwiches, and fruit salad. I'm going to make a cute donation box. The planning is so fun! And it's almost time to start everything! And my birthday is next week!!!! Yay!!! How is everyone doing? I know all of you talk on fb so that's probably why it's so quiet here!

Happy early birthday, Chelsea!

Your shower sounds like it is going to be so cute!!! Cannot wait to see pics!!!

Awesome, Jyllian!!! Cam will not go hungry!

Omg Chelsea. We JUST took those down and I told dh not to throw them away because someone else could use them... But then I was like oh eff it you can throw them away. Noooo! I totally would have shipped them to you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->