Sticking Together Until We Are In Diapers Ourselves!

Fingers crossed it gets easier with time for you both, Jess. At least 50% of the people on this thread know that the first couple of weeks are the hardest. :hugs:

It's 21:45 here and I've just drove myself to McDonald's for a fizzy drink. Have been feeling sick and light headed since Monday morning and this has helped massively.

DH and Luca spent their first full day together without me today. My husband offered to take the day off to have him so I ended up having a child free work day. Only spending a few hours with him sucked but was much needed. Think I'm going to hit the shower and head to bed.

Sounds like a nice and relaxing day and good that Daddy and Luca got to get some "man time" :D

I'm not pregnant anymore but would give anything for a McDonalds soda now!!

I might go and get another one at some point today. My 'no fizz in the house' rule while pregnant is becoming more and more pointless by the day. :haha:

This thread has died. Wake up preggos!

McDonald's everything is my favorite right now.

36 weeks today and my last baby shower today! My mom and I will be packing my hospital bag, washing baby clothes and doing my final shopping. Let the countdown begin!

Kirsty, I love that they got some alone time and that you got some alone time! That's so vital!

Happy 36 weeks! Another one that's officially more pregnant than I've ever been :haha:

I need to order another double buggy today. Finally got round to returning our other one (that was rubbish!!)

I'm more than happy to go to 42 weeks this time! Although I can't promise I'll still be saying that in a few months time :rofl:

Busy day today. Went early in the morning to our embassy and applied for Adam's passport. :yipee: Now we wait 1-2 months before we can get it, FX it will only take a month so we can go for vacation as scheduled. Only 2 things left on our list, get his iqama (residence ID) and apply for his exit visa which we can't do without his passport.

Pam - I love the photos. Matthew is gorgeous, and you look great
Daphne - I hope his passport comes through soon!
Jess, I hope you are recovering well and enjoying having Luke here

I lost track this week, so to everyone else, I hope pregnancy is treating you well. I'm starting to get too big to move around as easily as I was. It's our baby shower this weekend, which I'm really looking forward to.

Cheryl, how's the nursery looking?

Happy pre-term, Cheryl.... :yipee: Leo's arrival is coming soon....

Happy half-way, Laurac.... :wohoo:

I only pop on BnB when I'm at work and take weekends off :thumbup: Just SO much easier to constantly keep in touch with the girls on Facebook.

SUPER busy weekend for me, as my mom spent both days helping me clean out our back room that was super disastrous. We came across another bag of baby clothing OH's mom had got so now ALL of Cameron's things are washed, put away and ready to go :thumbup:

Here's that horrible room before:
jzcOMpch_UiJklTLowYQ3ZXK8n7QR-IRv8fr6XuhVVg=w1186-h667-no
heX4gsAp6EDV1OBXBOL2XYbQUvQvc9efGJ7JhChyuUc=w1186-h667-no

And after:
v9jq_VSmguiokw34fjlXOhhfD8TshSy6wQ1opvrBdSQ=w376-h667-no
qZ2HuD1kRtcO2ILP6ILzLO1JLP_RvSaPRLJsZvYja3c=w376-h667-no

I cleaned it up a little more after my mom left, putting away little odds and ends. It's nowhere near perfect, but a heck of a lot better!

And here's our maternity photos:

A Perfect Pixel - Maternity Photos​

My heart nearly exploded! I really like how they turned out, especially the ones of all of us and started crying when I saw the one of my kids together, close up. So glad we had them taken to capture a very special time in our lives and also to have some beautiful family photos.

Oh, and here's my (my dad's) dog, Cisco, yesterday being a goober :laugh2:
jS9il_jbSCr7aXeHpeL8hp6C3G0MT_ydDUVNrnPc0z0=w376-h667-no
1VrzedJsHycSKk_Cv-xQX_6jzVqo03JoppXWryWPWIw=w376-h667-no

Lovely pictures :) the one of all 4 of you touching your bump nearly made me cry, I had to speed swipe :rofl: I'm far too emotional for all that cute stuff recently :haha:

Shocked at how quickly you cleared that room out. I probably would of binned everything and started again. You're a better woman than I :blush:

Here's our trailer out front FULL of crap that's going to the dump:
j9i-ND2tZvm5xmOIcSrerWucaQrfbht7RHBQvZ9gtKo=w1186-h667-no

Kind of hard to see the pile behind the large piece of drywall, but trust me it's there :laugh2: The things kept in the back room and pushed off to the one end of the room are things such as photos, Christmas decorations, empty totes, boxes of OH's things he still needs to sort through and two large totes of kids clothing I can't decide if I want to just bag and donate or try to eventually sell :shrug: (leaning more towards donating to have it GONE)

In the future, OH plans to use that end of the room as an extension of the garage, framing a wall to close in the dining area of the back room and then knocking out the wall that butts against the garage to give us more storage area for tools and such, as well as allowing us to actually park our vehicle in the garage. We never use that end of the back room anyways so might as well make it functional.

Making so much progress jyllian!! Looks great. And I love your maternity pictures of course!! So sweet with the other kids

Fi it's finally coming together! I need to hang a few prints that they had at our nursery from the book we themed everything after + his LEO banner but just waiting on stuff to get here. Otherwise we're almost good to go! I can't wait to share some photos :)

Daphne thanks!! What exactly does that mean, preterm at 34 weeks? Someone this weekend was telling me five pounds is like the "magical weight" where you get to go home and babies are typically healthier if born early and then the apps were telling me that's about how much he weighs now!

My doula felt Leo up a few days ago and he moved over to LOA like a sweet baby who listens to what mama asks him to do.. :rofl: she also said he's very long but not "big" so maybe we will have a skinny little baby on our hands! You would never think it having seen dh's and my baby photos..

Daphne now is Adam?? Where are you going after vacation, back to SA? I've seen how hot it's been there lately.. Phew

Based on what i read, it's their way to differentiate premies (before 34 weeks) from pre-term babies (34-37 weeks). Both of course are pre-mature but pre-term or late pre-term babies have higher chances of survival or most internal organs are fully developed and functioning well.

Adam's doing well and getting heavier :D We're now using 0-3 months clothes as all the newborn sizes were very tight for him. Weather here really sucks even at night. Water that comes out the faucet are good in making a coffee :haha: We even stopped bringing Adam outside the house for a sun bath or a walk early in the morning. Reports say it will stay like this for another week or two.

Me and Adam will stay back home DH will process our papers here and apply for permanent family visa so he can bring the two of us under his name. We're hoping it'll only take less than 4 months or 6 maximum. He'll go for another vacation next year so we can travel together going back here. He just wont let me travel alone with a small child. :D Right now all we wanted is to finish all the requirements for us to bring Adam home.

Here's last Friday while DH is taking a nap with Adam. Yeah, he sleeps with him on Fridays but i have to stay awake.

https://youtu.be/eE1Knx2OXH8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eE1Knx2OXH8&feature=youtu.be

Jyllian - those maternity pictures were so great.... My favorite is the family picture where you all were sitting on the grass.

I haven't updated on here yet but my brother will be moving in with us over the next couple of months. My parents have decided it'll best for them if they divorce and go their separate ways. They were waiting for my brother to finish college before moving ahead with things. It's been a long time coming so nobody is exactly surprised.

Anyway, he has an amazing opportunity that starts in the new year and we've agreed that he can live with us rent free for the next 4-5 months. I'm sooo excited for him to move in. He already has such an amazing bond with Luca and gets on really well with DH.

Legally, if anything happens to us both, full custody of Luca goes to my brother so I'll be watching him like a hawk for the next few months :rofl:

Fi
I hope you have loads of fun at the baby shower :D Rest up because after you'll have loads of washing and sorting to do

Jyllian
I got to see the pics today and they are amazing!!! Love them

House is looking great btw

Cheryl
Cannot wait to see the nursery when it is all finished

Matthew was "long" as well so once the Leo's head is out the rest should be a piece of cake for you

Daphne

I love how dh sleeps with Adam - so cute

I haven't updated on here yet but my brother will be moving in with us over the next couple of months. My parents have decided it'll best for them if they divorce and go their separate ways. They were waiting for my brother to finish college before moving ahead with things. It's been a long time coming so nobody is exactly surprised.

Anyway, he has an amazing opportunity that starts in the new year and we've agreed that he can live with us rent free for the next 4-5 months. I'm sooo excited for him to move in. He already has such an amazing bond with Luca and gets on really well with DH.

Legally, if anything happens to us both, full custody of Luca goes to my brother so I'll be watching him like a hawk for the next few months :rofl:

Ah I'm sorry about the seperation hun... never is easy. My parents got divorced when I was 15 but I was fine with it because like you said it was for the best and when you can see that it makes it a bit easier.

I'm glad you are excited about your brother moving in! Now he can do poop diapers :dance:

Cute video Daphne!

Aww I'm sorry to hear about your parents Kirsty :hugs:

Cheryl I think I'm going to ask my doctor if he can guesstimate Cameron's size at my appointment on Wednesday. I'm so curious!

My good friend who is around 2 weeks ahead of me is in labor as we speak! A little over an hour ago she was 4-5cm dilated and had her bag of waters broken. Said she is doing just fine but I'm super nervous now because I'm up next!

Jyllian i just noticed you have 23 days left and almost 37 weeks.... You and Dani are getting closer to giving birth now.... :yipee:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->