Stopped BCP & TTC! Whos with me?!

Gargling - oh that's awesome. I'm glad your doctor wants to be on top of things when you get your next BFP! Sounds like you have an awesome doctor!

Angel - oh gosh! I'm the same way! I feel like I've started to get sick this start of school. Just a lot of talking and being tired, and drinking too much coffee. I think I'm getting dehydrated. I need to drink more water throughout the day!

Well ladies.
I have found out why I haven't had a period for four months basically. I have been diagnosed with polycystic ovarian syndrome.
My results came back and I have above the normal amount for cysts in your ovaries. (Among other symptoms, so everything makes sense to be diagnosed with this). So. Next step is being referred to a gynaecologist who is more specified in the fertility area. My doctor is referring me to one. Sadly he said it can take a couple months. But positive news is, we figured out what I have, and it's not something that makes it impossible to have kids. Just hard, or very hard depending on how bad my PCOS is. I'm glad my doctor wants to be proactive in helping me seek fertility help, or hoping that a gyno will help me further in this situation.
I am really saddened by this situation though. It's been my dream to be a mother, I love kids. I'm really praying and hoping God blesses my husband and I with some kids.

I think some first steps too is to lose some weight, and watch the food I eat as those are both suppose to help people with PCOS. They say even losing 5-10 pounds can help a lot to try and conceive. But I'm not sure how it will work if I'm not having any periods at all.

Prayers and lovely thoughts would be appreciated. We were very disheartened by the news, and I came home and cried for awhile.
It's so hard seeing all my family have kids, and a best friend, all the while knowing I might not be able to conceive.

So agree about teaching being exhausting! We've only got 1 more week of term and I should ovulate in our term break. DH and I are going away on holiday.

Mozzarella - I'm sorry to her about the PCOS but t least it is definitely treatable! My sister has PCOS. Her doctor was an idiot and an ass and she didn't have a period for a year and her doctor refused to do anything to help her start ovulating until she waited a year because she said she had to wait a year of trying like everyone else. :dohh: so every 5-6 weeks she gave her pills to force a period but that was it. Ugh. (Military doctors - very hot or miss).

Start doing some research PCOS diets. It's a total lifestyle change in your food habits. Losing weight for women with PCOS can be very very hard no matter how much you exercise or eat healthy. Certain foods definitely help. And losing 5-10lbs can be the difference between ovulating or not (which will ring back your periods once you are ovulating). I don't have PCOS but once I lost about 10 lbs I suddenly started ovulating regularly and my cycles became more regular instead of long.

They will probably end up giving you pills to make you ovulate and regular checks once or twice a month to look to make sure it's working to look at the ovaries etc. might do shots of pills don't work.

PCOS can be very overwhelming but it doesn't have to be and there are tons of resources out there. :hugs: I'm just so glad they found out what's wrong!

Mozzerela- I'm so sorry about the pcos diagnosis but like angel said you can still get pregnant! Worse comes to worse, I know people with pcos usually respond well to Clomid so there all always options. What are your next steps?

How's everyone else doing? Flukey did you go on your trip? Angel do you have a bump yet?

Afm my LO is 8 weeks old today, I can't believe it. He has grown so much!! I have one month left of maternity leave and it makes me so sad, ugh. He's smiling now which is so much fun! So the post baby birth control came up with my doc.. he prescribed me the mini pill but I think we will just do condoms because of how hormones messed me up previously. Ugh!

I can't believe your LO is 8 weeks!! Wow!!

I don't think I'll go back on the pill afterwards either. My body took entirely too long to regulate itself from the hormones last time. I don't want to go through that again.

Hey Ladies! Just checking in! Hope everyone is doing well. Me and DH are just about ready to move next week. It came so fast.

BUT my period is 2 days late and I haven't been late since the MC in fact my AF has been like clockwork until now. I know all sort of things can make your AF but mine usually isn't late even when I am stressed. It's crazy to think about being PG when we STOPPED trying, no opks, no symptom spotting, Nothing. In fact I am not 100% when I ovulated since of course I wasnt tracking... �� but my ovulation and AF have been like clockwork the past 4 months. took a FRER and it's was a BFN. Going to wait a few days and test again.

Elle that's when it usually happens lol. This was my first cycle and although it took 22 days I finally ovulated.

Elle - good luck! You could have just ovulated a day or two late. But it's also a posssibolity that removing the stress of ttc let your body relax enough to conceive. It happens. FX!

Gagrl - yay for O! :)

Thanks ladies!

Apart of me is really excited about the idea of being PG, the other half of me is like we are SOOO not ready....:shrug: ... since we are transitioning with the move to eventually and hopefully a more permanent home. I guess time will tell. Funny enough I dont have any symptoms of anything, my boobs dont hurt, no cramping.. nothing. I did vomit the other day and first though was this is weird but I didnt think much of it til I was late. Going on day 3 of being late and no sign of AF.

Gagrl- Thats awesome! My first cycle after the MC was wonky I O'd really early, like CD10 and had a 24 day cycle than the next one was like normal.

ajangel- I cant believe that so much time have past! Congrats again on your LO.

Mozz- Sorry about the PCOS Diagnosis. I know it must be had but there are so many treatment options for you. FX you will have success soon.

Elle I'm keeping my FX for you... My Boobs have been insanly sir but that's common during my LP and I've been very emotional and bloated but those are normal LP signs too so I'm not banking on anything currently...

Hey Ladies!

Went to the doctor and had a blood pregnancy test which was Negative got the results this evening. I will be a week late tomorrow, maybe it is just the stress of the move even though I am not totally convinced. I am never THIS late most if a few days. I will wait a week and test again, it is always possible I ovulated really late, I have no idea because I wasnt using opks. To much going on for me to worry about it. I will keep you ladies updated.

Keepong my FX for you Elle!

AFM, Im thinking Im out. I'm looking at my chart and it looks similar to a past chat I had. Just waiting for AF this week and we try again for November.

Good luck Elle, with everything! Weird how late you are this month, but it is very possible that with all the stress and everything going on that you just ovulated very late since stress can affect ovulation. Keep us updated. :)

Gagrl - FX that you're not out! What I've learned during the 14 months of TTC is that a chart can look just like a bfp chart and be a bfn, or it can look just like a bfn and suddenly be bfp. :shrug: our bodies are so confusing.

Lets stick together til we all get BFP's! Its hard coming off BCP & not knowing when af will come or when or if you even ovulated. Ive read horror stories about some who dont o for months, even up to a year! I keep hoping i will be one of those lucky ones who regulate soon after but i can only hope!!

Id like a few people who are stopping bc to join me :) keep us updated & share experiences! Hopefully with this we don't only help each other but the future mom's who come here will see this and know what to expect when coming off bc. If youd like to be added please tell us your age & how long youve been ttc & how long you were on bc & any experiences you've had so far and i will add it to this post. Feel free to share anythihg else too!

Group:

Offbcafter7yr
age- 25
on BCP for about 7 years
Currently ttc month 1

Flueky88
27 y.o
BCP for 10 years
2nd cycle ttc

Hi, I'm a new member but I've been reading this forum for a couple of weeks. Af showed her face, and I just decided to actually get off the pill this cycle. No more bcp now, beginning to ttc. It is so good to know that there are people out there with many stories to learn from.
I don't even know how this ovulation thing will go without the pill like i will be lost where to begin. Too many questions dancing around my head at this point.
Hugs and fx for everybody on this thread.

Migvas
29 y.o.
BCP for 6 years
Will be first cycle ttc

Well I'm assuming today or tomorrow AF to arrive. Next month. Since we are in the middle of renovating a house in taking the next month to do that.. Focusing on the house and not stressing about life.. I know it's going to happen in God's timing.

Migvas - Welcome! The first cycle off of bcp can be drastically different depending on the person. In my case it took about 48 days before I got my first period after bcp. For other women they went back to a regular cycle quickly. I would recommend checking out the book Taking Charge of Your Fertility as it has great information, and for the first cycle after bcp you can start checking for ovulation and stuff but it can be stressful that first cycle when you aren't sure what you're looking for. I really lean towards taking a cycle to just let your body figure out what it is doing, and just DTD when you feel like it and see what happens the first cycle. After that then you'll have a better idea as to your questions. :)

Gagrl - :hugs: You have a great way of looking at it. :)

I have also recently gotten off of BCP. I had my AF ad CD 30 last month and now its CD 41 and still no sign of AF and I keep getting negatives. Its sorta stressful, but it's nice to know others are going through similar things. Good luck to you guys!0

Finally am getting my AF visit on CD 62 after stopping BCPs. Here's to hoping my next cycle is shorter :) I also would recommend reading the book Taking Charge of Your Fertility- I learned a lot from it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->