Stressed over morning sickness

x-ginge-x

Mum of 3 boys
Reaction score
I know it's arrival is imminent and it makes me very detached from my pregnancy for the first few months. As an emetophobic it's pretty much hell for me and I will have a 4 year old and an 8 month old to look after. I'm already feeling nauseous and can feel my anxiety levels rising. Already have anti sickness tablets from previous pregnancy! Argh. Sorry not much to comment back to but needed to vent. :wacko:

I can remember from your last pregnancy how much of a struggle it was :hugs:
Hopefully it won't be as bad this time xxx

Hi hun. I hate stomach bugs and feeling sick. It played on my mind alot when tryong for this baby. I thought how the heck will i cope with a two year old and morning sickness. I remember laying in bed with my first pregnancy feeling miserable with nausea and quite down. All that changed for me after the first scan.

I would go to your dr and ask for something. Im wearing sickness bands all the time and find regular eating helps. I struggled with drinks and still do. A cuppa is not really enjoyable but i keep forcing myself to drink one cup of tea a day and lots of water and high juice. I have taken my two year old upstairs to play in the day and watch c beebies in my bed. Ive laid on the bed in this situation with a fan on and taken deep breaths. One of the hard bits aswel for me is feeling like ive not bothered much with my toddler or my partner. The weathers lovely and we are stuck indoors alot. I do try abit more now to go for walks with her or call in at my mums for half an hour.

I really do sympathise. How far gone are you? Feel free to chat to me anytime and my advice is do what you need to do. Your children will be ok as long as they are fed and changed they can cope with a few dull days at home.

Again i do understand the miserable first trimester feeling. I loved weeks 12 to 40 last time. Im just hoping i feel that way this time. Time seems to be dragging for me. Ive known since i was 3 weeks 4 days as i have 24 day cycles. Take care xx

I'm about 6 weeks at the minute I think but will probably change at my scan and that's it this will be my third pregnancy and it's so stressful !! Argh

I completely understand!

I had HG with my previous pregnancy and vomited almost hourly day and night. I'm 6+4 weeks now and laying down feeling constantly nauseous but have yet to be sick. Only thing worse than the nausea is the dread of it progressing.
I just keep reminding myself that it will be worth it.

I've been finding fruity flavored sweets/candy like Starburst or Fruit Pastels seems to help a fair bit, though I'm sure my dentist would refute that advice.

My daughter has been watching a movie in bed with me most mornings so I can sleep a little more. Usually Moana...

Sending love and sick buckets xx

The thought of it progressing makes my chest tight and my head fuzzy argh why can t i just be normal :(

The thought of it progressing makes my chest tight and my head fuzzy argh why can t i just be normal :(

You are normal hun. Your anxious because you have children who need you. Its the fear of what tomorrow will bring. Especially the fear of being sick, because children don't understand they can become demanding right around the time you want to lay down and control the nausea. I have had my oh work from home the odd day because i cant bear the idea of being alone feeling so sick. Im sooo tired and it really is hard to stay awake because then the sickness kicks in.

I went to the drs last sunday and cried. I told him
I was exhausted and drained and my chest was heavy. I told him i had a toddler to look after and i was scared about being ill when alone with her. He told me i was anxious and stressed. I came out of there feeling totally misunderstood. I often think here in the uk the drs are too busy too show alot of understanding. The female dr i rang at 7 weeks and asked for nausea tablets said she won't give me anything unless i dehydrate. I. Am seeing the midwife Wednesday and i already feel more relaxed because i know midwives are interested in us and what we are going through.

How are you feeling today?

I discovered today that watermelon helps me too. x

I'm feeling ok today, still stressed and thankfully my doctors do understand and prescribe me anti sickness tablets!! and they do help a little. Its not helping that I have a crappy cough making my throat sore and makes me gip grr.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->