Stretch Marks :( any one else feel this way?

JessBurgess

Reaction score
before i fell pregnant, i hated my body, i wasnt fat, but i kept getting called it off my dad so i believed it and started hating my self... now when i fell pregnant i started getting comfi with my self... Now im discovering more and more stretch marks i hate looking in the mirror.. my boyfriend will sit there and kiss my tummy, and not mind the stretch mark he says he loves them and thinks they sexy, but he is in the army, so everytime i see him, there more :(, it getting me down... i want my baby girl out, 1) so i can meet her and 2) so i dont get any more. anyone else feel the same... like they cant look in the mirror anymore.?? :cry:

Yes i feel like this! I was so comfortable with my body before i was thin and had a flat tummy - pregnancy has made me hate myself and i have no self esteem anymore.

I have stretch marks all over my boobs and no where else - my OH just keeps saying he doesn't mind them but i know that secretly he's wondering if they will go!

:(

I personally am terrified of stretch marks. I got them in puberty, on my hips and a few on my lower back, although they are VERY faint I was SO self conscience about them growing up, wearing bikini's ect. I always noticed all the girls who had ZERO and I was envious!

I did get into great shape in my early 20's though and that habit stuck, I ate clean, worked out a ton, tanned and really loved my body. My first daughter I escaped stretch marks! YAY! I believe it was my diet, water intake, moisurizing and of course, my genes!

This time around SO FAR, none...but I am alot less active and eating not great so I Am worried although my doctor said I have skin women would die for, guess I am lucky!

HAVING SAID THIS!!!!! THE MINUTE my daughter came out (5 and a half years ago) I could have gained 300 pounds, been COVERED in stretch marks from head to toe and it would have been worth it, I remember thinking that.

I got them with my first, not until 37 weeks though, I thought I'd escaped!!
Now my stomach looks like a road map!
It bothered me at first, 2 years later I'm not that bothered, I am a mummy now and that's what happens! My bf does not blink an eye, I walk around with nothing on and it's not a nice sight but he totally understands. I'm still 2 stone heavier than what I was before I had my son, that's what bothers me more!

yep!! I noticed some yesterday small red ones on each hip it really got me down my oh said it doesnt matter if you get them you get them dont worry i mentioned it again tonight and oh said you are boring me now it doesnt matter if you get them!! i know he was only trying to be nice in only a way a man can but he peeed me off saying it like that!!!!

Thank you ladies, yeah i thought i was lucky, but im 34 weeks pregnant, looked my self in the mirror and saw loads. iv been upset since. i know she is worth it, but its still going to take alot to bring back my little confidence i did gain. because iv lost it all now, im back to square one again.. its like a circle. :(

I can imagine it peed you off, because ur body is changing, and it does feel like they saying it to make you happy, my boyfriend best friend said to me, he loves them because she is making them appear, iv got them because of my daughter and he wouldnt have it any other way, i just wish i could feel the same way he does about these marks. x

thats sweet bless him!! I have heard that they may seem quite red at the moment but they do dissapear and fade my friend got them quite bad and now you wouldnt even know they just look like normal womenly small silver stretch marks that we all get when growing up so I am hoping this is the case

i cried today about mine. all over my tummy and inbetween my legs. but they fade. My girl will be worth it. My husband doesnt mind-he's so lovely about it. im so lucky. we all have hang ups, ive decided from now on i may have a scribbled tummy but i will have fabulous hair! xxxxx

at least im not the only one that cried today about them. iv been told they fade, its just the now that gets to you. and being pregnant, i get upset very quickly, so this is a tiny thing, but its now affected me the entire night. and yeah they are deffo worth the outcome :) :thumbup:

Well all your OHs are better than mine. At the start of the pregnancy when I was worried they would appear he said "No they wont, your mum and sister didnt get them, you are young, and you've got nice skin". I think he thought he was being reassuring but to me he was just in denial, I needed him to have said it would be ok if i got them! Now i've got one under each nipple and a couple on my hips :( I pointed it out to him and he said he cant see them! They are not angry red but still visible. I feel like he's still in denial :(

Would I care if he went bald? Got chubby? Got a hairy back. Honestly? No! So he tells me I'm sexy so I have to believe him I suppose. I was never a belly out person b4 even tho It was flat and nice. I'm more of a tit girl he he! And they have certainly been making more of an appearance :) I've had a word with myself about getting down about them and for today...I'm dealing with it! To be honest I wouldn't care if they hacked my legs off to get my baby girl out safely :)

Thank you for all your replys, Aww i hope he soon realises to say the right things, and comes out of denial, i just got off the phone to my partner, and i told him how i felt about this all. and he said to me im perfect to him, which cheers me up, i guess if you have that person there for you it helps, but it doesnt 100% make you happy. and i agree with the cutting off legs, as long as my daughter arrives in this world safely i dont care about the rest..

He loves u quite clearly! We r lucky, we get to cover up all winter! Then we can slim down, lotion up and make ourselves fabulous for next summer, we will also have the ultimate accessory-a gorgeous baby!

Just think-if we have to have our legs cut off....pre pregnancy weight target would be smashed :) just kiddin xxxx

That made me laugh haha!. yeah he does, im lucky finally.. and yeah iv got to wait till 27th december to meet my little one, i would love for her to come out before then so i can see what she looks like and actually finally meet the maddem that kicks me alot hehe. :winkwink:

I love looking at all of the ways motherhood has changed me. I keep telling my hubby, "look what you did to me" in a cutsy funny way.
I don't have any stretch marks though. There are things you can do after baby and after birth if they bother you that much.(like laser)
Don't worry about it and enjoy your pregnancy!

I love looking at all of the ways motherhood has changed me. I keep telling my hubby, "look what you did to me" in a cutsy funny way.
I don't have any stretch marks though. There are things you can do after baby and after birth if they bother you that much.(like laser)
Don't worry about it and enjoy your pregnancy!

Thank you:happydance::thumbup:

Oh hun i got them when i was pregnant with my DD. They started to appear around 34 weeks. All the sudden by the time she was born i have them all over my belly, hips, thighs, arms and even down the back of my legs. (i scratched alot so PLEASE dont scratch) After my dd was born the first time i walked in a looked in to mirror to take my first shower. I looked at my belly and my body. I thought i looked like an old women because my belly just kinda saged because i did put on alot of weight with her. I thought i would never be sexy again i hated myselfe and my body. I saw those stretch marks and new that they would never go away. I worked out and lost all the weight i gained with my daughter and got a more or less flat belly back but it was just those stretch marks. I could where shorts or short sleeve shirts because my stretch marks would show. My DH was WONDERFUL through all of it say ing that i am so beautiful and these are the marks of motherhood. Now they dont bother me at all. ITs just part of my life. This pregnancy i watched what i eat alittle more healthy and watched my weight gain. I havnt gotton any more but i am moisturizing like crazy too. They havnt even stretched or anything so i happy about that!!! DONT WORRIE if you get them you will learn to live with them and love your body the way it is now that you have had your DD

Im only 27 weeks and already have 7 or 8 they are on my back sides belly and they are purple i cried this morning too. I was just starting to love myself before i found out i was pregnant and now its all back to square one

i feel the same.i look at my belly pics at 19weeks and love them now im covered in stretch marks.My husband doesnt mind them.He says they are from building the babies house which is kinda cute :cloud9:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->