Stuck on Bedrest and Beyond Missurable

purechaos109

Mom to a Perfect Pair
Reaction score
I hate this! 2 weeks ago I went to the ER with massive cramping (no bleeding) and the baby looked just fine and I had a bit of a UTI so they thought thats what it was and sent me home, 3 days later I went into the clinic with slight cramping and they changed my meds and sent me home, so 4 days later I started having massive cramping that was so bad I could barely walk so I went into the Clinic again and the doc was so worried cause my urine showed I should be getting better that he decided to admit me to the hospital for observation. When he got me into a room he did a U/S and found that not only do I have Gall Stones but I also have a Corpus Lutium Cyct that is full of blood and is the size of a baseball. So they kept me in the hospital for 3 days and discharged me with the conditions of staying on bedrest and going in for an U/S 3 days later to see if the cyst had gone down in size at all and when I went back in on this Monday they told me it hasn't gone down more than 1/2 a cm and I'm still stuck on bedrest. I'm going completely crazy! I'm now 15w5d and I have to be on a stupid no fat diet for my gall stones and bedrest for the cyst! This just blows and I felt like sharing lol!!

ahh hun that does totally suck. make sure OH is running round looking after you :D get yourself a bell :haha: you must be so bored :hugs:

I am starting on my 4th week of bedrest, and will continue until delivery. It's not fun, but it's doable especially when you know this is for baby.

Will they lift your bedrest if the cyst go down in size? Good luck

How long do you have to be? So boring... poor thing.

Bedrest sounds lovely to me.
I'd probably get sick of it soon enough, but at the moment it sounds like it would beat what I'm doing now, which is working on my feet ten hours a day with extreme nausea and fatigue.
Any time I'm not at work or on the computer, I'm in bed, reading a book.
Reading's always been my favorite pastime anyway, and if i had a laptop and could be on computer in bed... why, I'd have no reason to ever get up. :lol:

Seriously, from about 6 weeks until the present, I have spent every possible minute in bed. it's the only time I'm even semi-comfortable.
I sleep as much as I possibly can (which is a LOT), and lay there reading the rest of the time.

I understand that for people who are feeling okay or are used to more physical activity, bedrest could be a torment, though. I am beginning to feel like quite the invalid.
I hope they allow you up soon.

Best wishes!

lol!! I'm prob the laziest person you will ever meet and even I'm sick and tired of bedrest and its only been a week!!! AHHHHH!! They don't know when I will be let off of bedrest (date wise) its just whenever the cyst disappears which I don't think is happening because I can feel it and it HURTS. DH is plum worn out! We also moved this week and DH has been running around liike a chicken with his head cut off! I feel bad having to ask him to do things but I really have no choice I can go pee and get very basic food from the kitchen (no cooking just stuff like yogart and stuff FAT FREE OF COURSE :s ) for the most part DH is very understanding and helpful but I can tell the stress is getting to him because sometimes he gets very annoyed (prob cause I cry when I get hungry and frustrated about what I can't eat stupid hormones).

calypso wow thats a long time to be on bedrest and a long time to have to stay on bedrest! What have you been doing to keep entertained?

I've long since exhausted my sources of entertainment! Especially since I didn't have internet until yesterday (because of the move) other than from my phone and now today I am back to only having it on my phone because the telephone co is having issues! I can't find my Kindle to read or any of my DVDs or Wii games! DH keeps saying he will find them but so far I haven't seen them! This so sucks I would have so much to do if only my stuff was unpacked.

I am really hating this! Especially the diet! Its like if bedrest wasn't bad enough I also have to cut my already narrow food list (nausea and super picky eater) down by over half! This sucks!!!!!!!!

Thanks you guys for listening to me!! I feel bad whining about it but DH's family doesn't give a crap and I think my best friend and my mom and DH are all sick of hearing about it all!!

At home I had my DVR, Netflix, Internet. Here in hospital I watch tv, chat online, and read. The March of Dimes brought me a preemie book. Talking on the phone helps.

It was hell at home to eat. Here they at least feed me decent meals. DH tried driving home to feed me but spent most of his day driving around. I am set to go home next week, but his parents are coming to stay until my fam can come stay.

Oh no that's no fun :( You sound like me at about 13 weeks I had to go on bed rest for a couple weeks, and also moved in the middle of it! My family had to come pack and move for me it was awful. I also had a restricted diet of no dairy or fiber (I had an acute ulcerative colitis flare which led to bleeding and threatened miscarriage). It was awful and I'm sorry you are going through a similar experience.

I kept entertained by playing online games and using the internet and chatting with friends. You could also use the time to read some pregnancy and parenting books and get prepared for baby. My mom also attempted to teach me to knit (didn't work very well though lol). If you're crafty you could do a little sewing for baby, scrapbooking, start filling out a pregnancy journal, design your baby room, get your shopping list ready, google fat-free yummy recipes for your hubby to cook ;) Anyways, hopefully you'll be able to get off bed rest soon. Best of luck to you and hope you don't get too bored out of your mind!

Ugh, that sucks =( I was on bedrest for the last 20 weeks of my first pregnancy because of pre-eclampsia. It was pretty horrible (and it was strict bedrest). hang in there! I played a lot of computer games and chatted with friends on IM to keep my sanity, lol.

Bed rest is really hard. I was on bed rest early in this pregnancy from week 9-15 because I had a subchorionic hematoma. Its healed now, but I'm still too worried to be too active so I try to take it easy when I can, but I have a 5 yr old and 2.5 yr old. Good Luck and hopefully your bed rest while be a short one!

It sounds like bed rest sucks! My blood pressure has gone sky high at the end of both my pregnancies. Second time around my midwife was fab and would call at home every few days to check it, if it was a bit high she would call back and try again later as she knew it would be really difficult to send me to the maternity ward as I had a 17 month old at home. She would always say' i'm coming back so rest'! I was the worst patient because I couldn't stop cleaning and hoovering (i'm not like this normally). She caught me in the act of hoovering once, boy did I get told off.
If you are in the uk join 'love film' you can get dvd's to your door then. Also the fat free diet must suck!!! Well done for keeping it up so far and fingers crossed things will improve and you can get a bit more active!

I am sooo missing my DVR right now!! My internet is still down so no luck with streaming any tv! I hate this! It prob would not be so bad if we were not broke since we spent every dime over the last month on buying our new place! I have so much I want to order for our new place and just in general that this really sucks lol!! Guess its a good thing huh? lol DH was awesome and not only found my Kindle but also my Wii games! SO DS and I played Mario and Mario Galaxy 2 tonight (he is obsessed with Mario lol) and I have been reading a book I started months ago but lost interest in because the story line led into a different country and I was enjoying it so much more when they were in Scotland lol!! I'm trying to get back into it because it has another 3-4 books left in the series (700-1000 pages a piece) and that should keep me in reading for the rest of the pregnancy if I'm lucky (I read through a book shelf full of books when I was pregnant with DS)!

calypso You know that was my number one reason for liking the hospital better than home lol!! I liked that they had to feed me lol!! I am on bedrest with the ability to go pee and walk to the fridge to get something out and walk back to bed so DH takes this at times as I should be able to make all my food which sucks lol!! Tomorrow I'm having him make me moose stew (moose is super low in fat and really yummy a friend brought me some) which should feed me for atleast 2 days or so I would say longer but DH can be a bit of a piggie sometimes and forgets that other people need to eat too! He gobbled down 5 pork chops my mom sent for us to eat for a meal without giving me even one!!

It makes me feel better knowing that I'm not the only person thats been on bed rest (or is on bedrest) (not that I thought that before but I hadn't talked to anyone who was)! laughingduck your list of things to do made me giggle lol!! Its more than anyone else has given me to do lol!! I love reading watching tv and playing on the comp but it only goes so far! I'm contemplating having a friend come over to teach me how to crochet but I don't know how far I'll get since I have ADHD and I am not on my meds and I have horrible concentration even when I'm not pregnant lol!!

Oh and I just found out today that I really need to get better soon because my dad might be flying to Alaska (where I live) to visit my grandma but won't be able to come to the town I live (its an 8 hr drive) so I need to get well enough to drive to see him by the end of July!! I haven't seen him but once in my entire life when I was 16 so I'm pretty excited!! We talk on the phone mainly but he has never met ds or dh so I'm super excited!!!

It really helps knowing you aren't alone though. Glad you are finding more things to do. How old is your ds?

Hope you can get better and get off bedrest so you can see your dad. In case you can't, just know it's all for good reason. I have missed a fee big things like my niece's confirmation (I was the godmother!) but she understands and got me quite a few pics.

You'll be ok hun! Bedrest is not fun or even that restful! I was on bedrest for 6 weeks as my waters broke and the doctors were sure I'd miscarry or have a stillbirth. At 24 weeks my waters rehealed :thumbup:

Everyday on bedrest is another day your baby is safe inside you :hugs:

DS is 5! He is an amazing little boy! He started reading on his 4th bday and learns so quickly!! He loves to talk to my belly and constantlly talks about his baby lol!! Thats what he calls it "my baby"!

IDK why but time seems to be standing completely still lol its driving me crazy! I am really hoping this whole thing resolves itself very soon, but I wonder since I still feel the same way I did a week ago! I would like to see my dad and if I don't I'm seriously contemplating having a family member go up and get him so I can see him!

Ya sequeena I just have to keep reminding myself of that! But its hard when its so boring lol!!

5 is not a bad age!! I am sure you could ask him to bring you sandwich things etc to bed so you can make him/you quick meals. He is probably good company too.

lol if only!! He can be good company sometimes but right now he is so into Mario it almost drives me crazy lol!! Im afraid I'm not very great company at this point! I feel like I'm constantly grouchy :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->