Suddenly refusing food

Marie000

Reaction score
My girl has been BLW since the age of 6 months, and from the very start, she never refused anything. She ate anything, regardless of texture, spicyness, etc. She always finished her plate. OH even once gave her a little bite of lemon and she not only ate it, but asked for more.

Then last night, she didn't finish her plate. We had pizza with squash. She didn't refuse any part of it, but she didn't eat much. She had breastmilk shortly after.

And then this morning I gave her a banana, she took pieces in her hands, smooshed them and started to scream and cry. She wouldn't eat any of it.
A little later OH was able to get her to eat some pieces of bagel and a few bites of bananas. She had breastmilk before breakfast and then again at 10am before her nap.

Is it common for older babies to suddenly become fussy? Or is it more likely that she is not feeling well?

There are a number of reasons for a change in appetite/feeding routines. Could be teeth? Or if LO is feeling slightly poorly then they generally don't want to eat. Have you tried feeding her off a spoon and see if she'll take that? I'd recommend just keep offering her foods, but definitely try feeding her. My LO was BLW but stopped eating it, so I was advised to feed her and normally she eats all that she's given.then she went back to BLW and now she's back being fed by me...they like to try and stress you out as much as possible! But if she's upped her milk intake I'd say it's more likely that she's poorly or her teeth r hurting her Hun. Xx

They have off days. Teething. Bad sleep. Growing pains etc they all can cause reduced appetite. Dont stop offering but dont feel bad when baby wont eat either. They wont starve themselves. I found during these times my little guy wanted to nurse alot more so thats what we did.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->