****Summer Cupcakes Bump Buddies ~ 8 BABY GIRLS & 4 BABY BOYS BORN ****

I missed most of OBEM :(

Eek what a day.

.... Weird thing colleague at work poked me in the belly. Strange!

oh god! did they give her too much?? I had top ups when I had my epidural and still had control. that must feel awful. OH doesn't let me watch it but he's working late tonight, gonna watch it once DS is in bed.

I think she has a total block in place like when you have a section, that is what it looked like to me, she was not mobile at all. Athough not sure why she would have that?

I think the mobile epidural is much better and they can turn it up and down, usually down to push so you can feel the contraction :)

There are two types of epidural, one is where you are still mobile and other is where you can't feel a thing. They are both different to a spinal block x

yep thats right ailey :) i had the epidural where i couldnt move out of bed, i also did not feel a thing when giving birth , but it wasnt a very nice labour and all sorts of things went wrong! plus it took a while after the birth before i could get out of bed and i had to be washed by 2 nurses as i couldnt move! i wouldnt have one again :) x

still feeling like crap, we have all caught a cold in this house but my littlest boy is really poorly :( i hope we all feel better soon! i hate being ill! hope everyone is well xx

yay to all who are 26 weeks! :D

Hubby is sick too! Boo!

Ooohhh I've just realised hubby's jumpers are a comfy fit on on me for slobbing around at home. He's a big guy and I'm 5 ft 1 lol

Interesting info girls on epidurals x

just watched OBEM while also reading the now closed thread about it... omg, did it get heated!!! That girl did have really awful teeth though, you couldn't help but notice them and it made me feel a bit ill! I felt like giving her a makeover!

interesting about the epidural, didn't realise they can give you different types - will have to ask my hospital about it as no way do I want to be immobile.

Hi everyone,

Thanks for all your messages about my Dad. He did have a heart attack but is ok and going home today. He won't be able to fly over to me which I expected but at least he's ok. It means hubby and I will share another amazing experience together in the private scan we booked for when hexwas going to be here. But we'll make a nice day of it and do dinner etc.

I'm sat on concrete floors lol all ready for the wood flooring going down tomorrow. Luckily lots will be done while I'm in work tomorrow.

Baby was kicking throughout the day yesterday. She seems to react to certain singing voices which is funny.

Oh and Ailey when hubby texted me telling me he wasn't feeling well with this and that ..... I texted back ' are you moaning or stating how you feel?' hehe it worked lol. Think he got the message. so unlike me thi to respond like that and of course I gave hum sympathy later on haha. I do love him the wally lol. Thanks for that.

Right ...... Now to find something to wear!!!!!!

Hch are you feeling any better? So much going around right now ... Chest infections, throat and colds. ( heyfever has kicked in with the tree pollen too of course)

Have a fab day lovelies xxx

Hope that's all readable. Sorry for iPhone typos. No time to fix xxx

Starglow! always glad to help ;) lol
So glad you dad is ok. Shame he can't come for the scan. x

It's beautiful sunshine here, weather says highs of 17 c!! So I shall mostly be doing some gardening. We bought some seeds to sow. My daughter is looking forward to it.

Have a good day all xx

Good morning ladies! :)

I'm really interested in the epidural discussion. At the moment my thoughts are "I want to try without but want to have the option." I've read stories from ladies who used gas & air (which I don't even think is available in NL) but I've seen a lot of mixed reviews (some people felt "drunk" and slept in between contractions, etc, and felt like they missed some important things). My mw told me that the epidural used in NL is "relatively weak" as in it helps but you should still be able to feel contractions, etc. :shrug: but I have NO idea what labour is going to be like so I don't know what I'm actually going to want when the time comes...

Starglow, glad your dad is going better! I'm sure he'll enjoy seeing pictures of the scan afterwards if you get them.... will he be able to come up and visit after the birth?

Ailey, enjoy the weather! It's cold and foggy here so far... I'm ready for Spring weather!!

Morning all

It is a lovely day again yay! Shame to be working but last day and the weather is planned to stay nice according to the forecasters.

Starglow glad your Dad is better, it is a big shame about him not being able to go to your scan but at least he is well :flower:

I am keeping options open for pain relief and will see how I feel at the time, I would prefer the lesser dose of epidural so that I am not bed bound if I do have it. I am open to anything should I need it :lol:

Hope you all have a good day, enjoy your seed sowing Ailey, I have some seeds to plant too I may do that when I get home.

Starglow - am glad your dad is doing better - and that is funny what you said to your husband.... I swear mine thinks I make things up when i may occasionally make a comment about being uncomfy!

Hooray for a sunny day today, puts me in a much better mood!

Baby has found my ribs and seems to take great pleasure in kicking them all morning!

loving the sunshine girls :) days liek this i love only working half days i really cannot wait to finish work!! only about 8 weeks to go!! cant wait its too bloomin busy at the minute me not like it!!

strawberry - when are you finishing for maternity leave? i was planning 3rd june, but think i will push it forward 1 week as have had enough already!!

went out for lunch and didnt want to come back to be stuck in a stuffy office at my desk and uncomfy!! grrr

at around 34weeks think its the 20th may .. id stay longer but its taking the mick at the minute everyone seems to want baby spaces! and ive got 6 every morning and 6 every afternoon... and alot of the time have no one to help me because someones off sick alot lately ..grr!! 6 under 2 year olds is not fun at all!! barely get time to sit down and some of them are gettign far to heavy to pick up

fair enough, if i was you i would want to be finishing now!

work is definitely more of an effort being pregnant!

I love my sister, she came round and she help dig out the veggie patch. So now I have potatoes planted! She also said she would mow the lawn for me! But she didn't, I'm going to make my selfish husband do it. He does NOTHING to help me at all.

I think I caught a tan in the garden, it's been so lovely here!

work drags now just cant wait to be off with my little boy!! .. haha if i could finish now i would but i need to wait!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->