****Summer Cupcakes Bump Buddies ~ 8 BABY GIRLS & 4 BABY BOYS BORN ****

Starglow - how are you feeling now your at work?
I agree with Ailey i think you should call, just to make sure :flower:

Ailey - glad your feeling a little better and your midwife apt went well.

Foxforce- was obem worth watching i didnt manage to catch it last night but i sky+ it. I did see some of last series so i am hoping it is an episode i didn't see.

Only 3 more get ups before the Easter holiday now, I can't wait! The only down side is i have 2 assignments to write while i am off, that i am not looking forward too :(

starglow & ailey - hope you are feeling ok

Foxforce - i am taping OBEM as I didnt watch the last series either.
I have also written down a list of questions for my midwife tomorrow, my appointment isnt until 2.15pm.

here is my 28+1 bump...

28+1 bump.jpg

Hi ladies!

Starglow- let us know how you're feeling now and whether you talked to your mw! :hugs:

I have a mw appointment tonight at 19:30 but I can't seem to remember any questions :shrug: any advice on important things to ask her? Although I'll see her again in 2 weeks so I guess I'll have another opportunity soon.

How often do you guys see your mw's now?

i see my midwife again on the 27th so in three weeks time thinks it goes to every 2-3 weeks from now on :D

r.e measring further in weight and fundal height im not sure if that means bub will come earlier i know if they get concerned theyl send for a growth scan but they allow 1-2 either side because its not always easy to find it excact expecially if bub if laying funny my midwife wasnt too concerned anyway! :)

got my oh's dad staying with us tonight so thinking a takeaway is in order yummmy :)

Oh, I typed this in earlier but forgot to post!!

Flybee, nice bump!! :)

Hi girls. Thanks for your advice. Just finished work. Managed to squeeze in a lot early so got away earlier which is great. Def just feel like I have a bug. I'd say it's just my glands up making my face puffy. Pre-eclampsia is generally teamed with swollen hands, legs & feet and face. But everywhere else is ok at the mo. I'll keep an eye on it tho so thank you for reminding me. I'm so pleased I went in today and took it easy cause if I didn't i'd have to teach all my lessons next term which I'm really doing my best to lighten up.

It's been manageable today. The minute it gets too much i'd stop. Not taking any risks. Funny thing was I was dreaming that I didn't go to work and then woke up at 6 30am lol doh! Just two days of 9am-7pm to go and then I'm on Holliday so I'll get through them and then relax for 2 weeks. Cannot wait. Lolley I'm with ya :)

hope you're all ok. A list of questions for the midwife sounds like an
excellent idea to me. Good luck everyone. Mine's on Monday.

I hope over the 2 weeks off I'm having soon I can exercise lightly every day. That would be fantastic :)

Xxxxxxx

hi girls! sorry i keep lurking here! hope everyone is ok and anyone who is ill feels better soon!

flybee fab bumpie hun! Im off to see MW 2moro! hopefully she will listen me when i say i feel like my womb is going to fall out! and my legs are killing me! i can see everyone worrying about there weight but noone has put on as much as me! :lol: 20 lbs!:dohh: i know where its all gone so hopefully should drop off when i have baby! plus im going back to slimming world so i can kick start my good eating plan again!xxxxx

hehe dont start me on healthy eating i just had chicken shish kebab for tea ... ooops!! But the chicken was not greasy at all and had lots of yummy salad with it.. so not too bad ;)

I just got back from the mw! She told me that they don't measure fundal height anymore (in NL apparently) so they won't be checking that. And LO is currently facing the wrong direction (head in my ribs!) but that they don't begin to "worry" about that until 35 weeks.

I have a growth scan in 2 weeks and after that an appointment to take bloods and get the shot against the Rh- factor (I can't remember what it's called). Fun times.

Hope everyone has a good evening!

Itsychick, my LO is not in the correct position yet either, she's diagonal bum up towards my right head down to the left...weird! But when she felt my bump it did look all lopsided!

hch - don't worry about your weight gain! at my appt last week i'd gained 18 lbs. so probably more by now. i started underweight so i'm expected to gain loads, but i feel like it's starting to take a toll on my body. i hear you loud and clear on the leg pain! my legs feel SO sore and tired.

i'm also having shortness of breath and chest pressure. my belly hurts and i feel like i have to HOLD it up with my hands. i've been carrying pretty low the entire time so i'm sure that doesn't help. my back is always achy by the end of the day and my OH won't give me a massage. i don't have the time or money to get a professional one.

strawberry - what's wrong with chicken shish kabobs? i think they're pretty healthy! i grilled some for dinner last night, they were awesome! chicken, sweet peppers, and red onion, and i also grilled bacon-wrapped mushrooms (not so healthy). unfortunately OH's friends were over and i didn't get to eat much because i only made enough for 2 people and 4 of us ended up sharing. :nope:

Hi ladies, just got back from my 28 week midwife appointment. All is well with LO, my FH is 28cm, so she looks to be on track.

@ashley I'm also experiencing shortness of breath / chest pressure, it helps when I change position and lean forward.

I'm short of breath all the time. But baby is really high up.

I've just had a call from the doctors and I'm slightly anaemic so I've got to go a pick up a prescription for iron tablets. That'll explain my dizziness then....

Been doing lots of gardening today, think I may have overdone it again, keep getting braxton hicks. Going to have a nice relaxing bath tonight I think.

Hiya,

My appointment also went well :)

measuring 28 so bang on, got to keep on with the iron tablets but had my blood taken again. Baby is head down at the moment but that can change daily she said. My next apt is in 3 weeks on the 27th April.

I hope all you lovely ladies are well today :flower:

been to the midwife today and baby is measuring at 26 weeks so i have to go back in 2 weeks to check again as it could have been the way he was lying as he was breech and his head is pushed right up into my ribcage which is lovely! also had my bloods done and spoke about my homebirth! she is happy to let me go 16 days overdue as she doesnt like to induce her patients and really dont want to be induced either! she said if i start to go over due then she will give me a few stretch and sweeps to get me going! also spoke about my weight is she is extremely happy with it and said i could gain another 15lbs and i would still be in the healthy weight range so im much more happy about that! (but dont fancy gaining another stone! LOL!) xx

fab news lolley! :D i go back in 2 weeks and then again on the 27th for more bloods :D we have had our appointments on the exact same days all the way through!

Thanks hch and you, measuring 2 weeks under is nothing, i think the same as you maybe just how he is lying but it is good she is seeing you again to double check :)

we also spoke about the birth today, if i was going to try for a vbac or not but unfortunately with my low lying placenta that decission can't be made until i have my 36 week scan!

and yes weired about all of our appointments, you expect 1 or 2 but not every single one for 28 weeks lol

Hi girls. I really need someone to just COMPLAIN to right now so I apologize in advance. I think I'm feeling pretty sorry for myself and don't want to take it out on anyone so I'll just write it out here.

I saw a post in first tri that I commented on, and I probably shouldn't have. The post was saying how her hubby cooks every night, and she cleans up. He does laundry, and she puts it away. saying they are a perfect team. But now she's about 12 weeks preggo and he still expects her to vacuum, make the bed, clean the bathrooms, etc. and she needs wants him to offer to help more and pamper her and spoil her. do things for her, rub her feet. is looking for advice on how to make her hubby "care more". This pretty much pissed me off because I would absolutely LOVE for my OH to do any ONE of those things even ONCE A MONTH! does he cook? never. does he clean? not once. does he do laundry? only if he runs out of boxers because I haven't done it for him. has he ever done MY laundry? hell no.

I am struggling to keep my grades up in school. I just took my last medical surgical exam of the semester and failed by 2 points. i failed the last one by one point. the one before that by 10! i'm still passing the class, but barely. mostly because i did pretty good on the very first exam. clinical days kill me. 6 hours on my feet when i'm not used to being up and about at all due to not working is enough to make me exhausted and sore. add onto that i've gained nearly 20 lbs so my body feels like it's heaving around way too much extra weight, and my belly feeling heavy and achy.

OH is still convinced that we're going to just be handed everything we need at the baby shower so we haven't done ANY shopping for our little girl. We have no idea what health insurance she's going to have, or how to afford it. Haven't got the slightest clue where to start looking for a pediatrician for her. And OH has bought a new car which he really needed because his other car is a 2 door sports car that he races and is not in any way suitable for a baby, but now he has ZERO extra money at the end of the month, has to come home for lunch every day just to be able to pay the bills. How is he going to help me with the cost of our child? I get money from the government for going to school because my father is military and he transferred his benefits to me. Is is enough to buy all the food for the house, pay for medical insurance for the baby, and buy diapers, wipes, etc? I have no idea.

Baby is getting big, and she hurts me all the time. every time she moves it feels like she's going to burst out the side.

and to top everything off, i feel like a lazy slob. my school stuff is thrown on the couch, the kitchen is messy, everything's just cluttered. i have to clean every day in order to keep up and i just don't have the energy!

I feel like I just want to lay in bed, pull the blankets over my head, and cry. :cry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->