****Summer Cupcakes Bump Buddies ~ 8 BABY GIRLS & 4 BABY BOYS BORN ****

Hi All!

Ashley, that's crazy about being stuck in Sam's! Glad you made it out okay! Don't feel like a stranger here... we're happy to have you whenever you have time! I can't imagine how crazy everything must be with the semester/year ending. Good luck with upcoming exams!

My belly button has gotten a LOT shallower... whenever I cough it pops out completely :haha: but otherwise it's still in. I have a scar from an old naval piercing and that is stretched out a bit, but not painful. I think I read on the 3rd Trim forums about many ladies not having theirs actually pop out until almost the end (36+ weeks) so I'm curious how long mine takes, since it already looks like it's getting there...

And Starglow, I've almost convinced DH that we should have a 3D scan also :) Someone at my mw practice has her own company who does it seperately, but they offer discounts to everyone at the practice (so it would be 50 euros for the scan including pics and a dvd). We still get another scan at 30 and 36 weeks... but I think the 3D would be really amazing to see the detail! You've inspired me :)

I haven't had any leg cramps (except for during the 8-hour plane ride to the U.S. in Feb) but this weekend I woke up with weird sharp/shooting pains around my bump. It happened a couple of times in like a 10 minute period then stopped and I went back to sleep. :shrug: I think I might have stretched a muscle or something while turning in my sleep...?

Ailey- I hope you feel better!

I also have a mw appointment tomorrow and after this I'll have one every 2 weeks. I'm also registered for a hospital tour on May 10th to see the labour/delivery ward. It's really starting to feel like we're nearing the end! :happydance:

Happy belated mothers day to all you mums.

Re weight gain, I've gained about 15lbs but I am not worried, its mainly all bump and I was smallish to start of (UK sixe 8 to 10). Hopefully the weight gain won't exceed 25lbs. Plus I plan to do my Beachbody exercise dvds as soon as I'm able after birth to get back into shape asap.

Re maternity clothes, I bought a few earlier in my pregnancy but I've decided not to get anymore. I figure I can make it through the next 8 weeks of work with what I have, plus I don't have spare cash.

Re leg cramps, I get bad ones in my left leg. The physiotherapist at my antenatal class said they are caused by poor circulation, and to try to stretch your legs from time to time and keep them elevated.

This is weird :( ....... I was busy teaching (and enjoying it as usual) when suddenly I felt really queezy, light headed and just awful. My body went all funny (not bump tho) and completely dizzy. The floor was coming up towards me! I had to cut the lesson short and am now lying down on the bed. What the heck is this? Anyone else had this? I'd only eaten lunch just before and have drunk water.

hey everyone

havent been on all weekend as been busy and so much to catch up on...

Happy Mothers Day for yesterday, hope you all had a great day.

My sister bought me 2 cards, one from bump & one to mum to be and hubbie bought me a mummy card and flowers, very nice of them. We then spent the day with my mum which was nice.

Foxforce - re: rainforest mobile, this is the one that I wanted to get, that is a great price in tescos. We ended up getting one at a nearly new sale that had never been used but not the rainforest unfortunately!
my midwife app is also on weds, what time is yours?
My LO gets into the most uncomfy positions, this morning my bump was basically sticking out to the left hand side, it looked so wierd :)

Aileymouse - hope you had a nice date night, me & my DH went out for dinner on saturday night, it is just nice being out the 2 of us while we can!

Lilly - i LOVE my pregnancy yoga, it has finished now for easter and doesnt start till 4th may!! I have a dvd at home so will have to do that!
I am also not buying any maternity clothing, I am making do with what I have or wearing my baggier clothing which is now tight across the bump!
I have put on about 7kg! this stresses me out as can be funny about my weight but hey guess the body will do what it needs to do, it doesnt help that i am constantly picking at food all day! also abbey clancy - that isnt normal, how can she look like that just after having a baby!?!
I do think about LO all the time, I am convinced it is a boy but do find myself wondering each day, I am so convinced that if it comes out a girl I will ask them to double check!!

Ashley - the weather sounds awful, sorry you got stuck. You must be glad that schiool is finishing soon, I was soooo relieved when my exams finished!
My belly button is trying to pop out but hasn't yet so currently it just looks like a volcano when i wear tight t-shirts as it shrinks back inside around the bump!

Starglow - sorry you had a tough week, bless your DH for the flowers. I am also feeling huge in anything i put on at the moment but have just accepted it - am also a little worried that i still have 12 weeks growth left!!

My jungle theme border arrived on Friday afternoon and it is awesome, I cant wait to get it all up and have the room looking baby like, my sister is still living in there at the moment but has said to decorate anyhow.. we also bought 3 shelves to put up and have some jungle wall stickers to put up.

hope you are all ok, I can't believe it is only Monday, I so dont want to be at work!!

starglow - that doesnt sound nice at all, i get dizzy occassionally if i get up from bed too quickly.... can u call your midwife to check? hope you feel better soon, maybe u need some sugar.... hugs x

Starglow- I have only had this twice... but not since like 18/19 weeks (I was in the shower the first time and in a store the second time). When I told my mw she didn't seem bothered and after I laid down for a bit and drank something sugary (coke) I felt better.

It's an awful feeling and really scary when it happens someplace not at home (and otherwise also, but at least you feel more in control when you're at home). When is your next mw appointment? I'd mention it and see if she says anything...

:flower:Thanks
It is scary alright. I had it once in the shower but I can understand with the heat etc. I've got up for a bit and eaten a brownie from the batch my hubby made yesterday (any excuse) but wow I'm dizzy. Last time in the shower it was 15 mins. This is now over 2 hrs! Feel better lying down but I'm so stuffed up I'd rather sit up. Plus hubby is really sick in bed with a high respiratory infection. Hope I'm not getting it as I've been coughing more today. Sorry bit of a mess.

I feel silly ringing the midwife. This I know is rediculous as I'd be the first to suggest it to others! Lol. I'm Seeing her this day next week. I remember last time I saw her (2 months ago) she said 'see you when the daffodils are out in spring ' ....., what a lovely thought we're here. :icecream:

I know 3rd tri baby is growing at a huge rate and so I suppose we must expect some strange goings on with pregnancy. Its just really scary not knowing what's normal and what's not!

Just had a phone call from the health visitor and booked her first visit to me at 35 weeks. So may 27th. Oooohhhhh it's all getting very real now. My brain is like mush right now so I sounded like a right mixed up wally hehe

starglow, sounds like your blood pressure dropped, I would def call if it doesn't get any better :flower:

4 more get ups wooooo :)

hi ladies sorry not been around much all weekend been busy!!

hope everyone had a lovely mothers day i made my mummy and mother in law some cuppies will upload pic in mo :)

r.e weight gain ive put on just over a stone when i last weighed myself!! eeek ... and clothes well i had shock horror yesterday!! ive always been an 8/10 and am still weargin those clothes among 8/10 maternity clothes but my aunt bless her gave me some clothes yesterday size 14 i thought they would never fit my arms but all the tops and dresses fitted perfect with a bt of stretch left in them!! very shocked that i can fit in a 14 but very relieved to have some different clothes to wear!! the same 5 tops were getting boring!!!

i had my appointment today with my midwife and baby wwas measuring at 28.5 weeks??! im not 28 weeks till wednesday eeeeek!! not too above the average but still i didnt think i was that big!! my belly button has been out for ages now!!

6 weeks left at work for me :) yay

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 2
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 2
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 1
strawberry - your cupcakes look amazing, i also made some for my mummy but they didnt look that good!!

everyone keeps telling me i am big so dreading being measured on weds!! panicking i am going to have a 10lb baby!!

starglow - i have been really uncomfortable today, no dizzy spells but feels like my tummy is about to burst! 12 more weeks growth eeekkk

im sure they were still amazing flybee!!
i really wasnt expecting to be measuring a little bigger if anyhting i was worried about measuring smaller than should be!! and 12 weeks growth left.. eez i havent got any stretch marks yet but i think i will by then end of 12 weeks as much as i hope i dont get any!

strawberry I agree, the cupcakes look fantastic!

How did they determine that baby was measuring bigger? Is that based on fundal height? I have an appointment tomorrow but they haven't measured me before so I'm curious what they'll do!

My bump also feels really heavy/stretched... I can't imagine ANOTHER 10 - 12 weeks!

I was thinking if the baby measures further along in weight and size could that mean lo arrives earlier? Or is this complete nonsense?

Starglow, I hope you are feeling a bit better now, sounds like it could just be a drop in blood pressure x

Those cupcakes are amazing strawberry!

I rang in sick for work tomorrow. Still feeling rubbish. So thought it best to take it easy rather than struggle on and wear myself out. See the midwife tomorrow too.

strawberry- yummy those look fab :)

Starglow - how are you feeling now?

I also have the midwife on wednesday and am dreading being measured i seem to have gone huge over the last week everyone is commenting :wacko:

Feel worse :( it must be a bug. Cough is worse, blocked up and all achey. Not as dizzy now but we took my blood pressure earlier which was pretty low. Tried taking my temperature but thingy not working. I'll buy a new one tomorrow. Slept most of the day.

I know I shouldn't work tomorrow but I so want to get the work out of the way. If i'm really bad first thing I'll have to stay home.

Was all ready to watch obem and it's a flipping repeat from last year. Boo !

Ailey it's good you're taking 2moro off x

Good morning ladies :)

Still ill but making myself go to work. If i feel I'm getting worse I'll leave early. Hope Ailey is feeling ok and has a nice relaxed day.

I seem to have lost my chin! :( I'm not sure if it's fat, water retension or swelling from being unwell. But oh dear. I'll be piling the bronzer under there. I was almost not going to work because of my chin rather than the cold and cough lol. What am
I like.:)

Have a great day everyone. Xxx

Morning all

Starglow hope you feel better hun :hug: and find your chin!

Ailey hope you feel better soon too

Strawberry those cupcakes look amazing, too good to eat, although I would lol

I watched OBEM and thought it was a repeat although I didn't watch it last year, my friend said it was last in the series last week.

I had a awful leg cramp in the early hours now got a painful calf :(

Flybee my mw appointment is at 9.15 tomorrow, got some questions wrote down as I always forget to ask some things.

Got a busy day ahead, hope the rest of you have a good day and those feeling ill feel better and take it easy xx

I'm actually feeling a little better today, but still taking the day off.

Just got back from the midwife. Baby is measuring spot on and heartbeat is healthy.
She took my blood and said I would hear back tomorrow if there is anything wrong.
It was the midwife that delivered Amber, so that was nice to see her again!

Starglow I don't want to worry you but swelling of the face could be a sign of pre eclampsia. Please ring your midwife, especially after your funny turn yesterday xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->