****Summer Cupcakes Bump Buddies ~ 8 BABY GIRLS & 4 BABY BOYS BORN ****

Foxforce. I forgot to say well done on bag purchase. I must look into them. My just us getting longer lol.

And happy mothers day to everyone x

Good morning ladies!

re maternity clothes: I bought a few the week we learned I was pregnant (I was TOO excited not to!). I bought 2 pairs of pants/trousers (1 jeans & 1 gray work pants). Then on my trip to the U.S. in Feb I bought 2 more pairs of work pants, capri jeans, and a few shirts (and by "pants" I mean trousers :) ) So in total I have 5 pairs of pants, 6 maternity shirts, and I bought some "maternity underwear." Seriously the most comfortable things ever. I think in total I spent less than 100 euros (I have no idea how that translates into pounds). I'm thinking this will be enough to get me through the summer :)

Re weight gain: Lilly, I absolutely agree with Starglow! You look beautiful and have an amazing figure. I think we're always most critical with ourselves since we're painfully aware of where the weight is acccumulating. I saw a post in 2nd trim a little while ago where LOTS of ladies who were between 20 - 25 weeks had already gained 10 - 15 lbs. According to several websites I've seen, our "baby weight" (i.e. everything from baby, water retention, extra blood, amniotic fluid, etc) right about now is already at like 8 lbs. So 14 is DEFINITELY not much when you take that into account!

And a lot of what isn't posted on those forums is what the women weighed pre-pregnancy. So far I've gained about 8 lbs (most in the past month) but I was a US size 14 pre-pregnancy, so it's logical that because I was already bigger than you that I would gain less (I'm hoping to be one of those women who weighs less after having a baby than pre-pregnancy! :haha:). I don't think you're being shallow at all. I think it's harder especially when you're used to having a certain figure and (as you said) being surrounded by tall, thin models that can't be helping your self-esteem much! But I think you're absolutely on the right track, and I'm sure you'll lose it super fast after the birth :flower:

Oh yea, and Happy Mother's Day to the U.K. ladies!

In the U.S. (and in NL) Mother's Day isn't until May 8th this year. When is Father's Day in the U.K.? DH and I were just asking ourselves whether we think LO will be here by then! (in the U.S./NL Father's Day is June 19th this year). That would be awesome if he is!

Hi all and Happy Mother's day to all x

Thanks Starglow it's a nice weight off to know I have the bag sorted lol

Ailey that was a nice mother's day pressie for you to wake up to :winkwink:

Lilly re the weight gain, I stepped on some scales at another station the other day as they were just there and with coat etc on I was just touching on 10 stone, pre preganancy I was 8 stone 9lbs approx so I have put about the same as you on and I'm not as tall at 5'5. Like Itsy said you look amazing in your pictures so don't stress, I think it's something we should just be getting on with trying not to be too indulgent (hard I know) and just get out strolling with our babies as much as possible after the birth. :thumbup:

Itsy Father's Day here in UK is in June around 16th I think so close to yours.

Any one doing anything special today for those who are already Mummies? We are taking my parents out for dinner this evening as a surprise, she thinks we are coming over to cook at their house.

Well we've just decided to make our own pizza tonight. Hubby's pizza is amazing! He's up and about but still not very well. My sore throat has gone and I just am stuffed up now.

Can't wait for next weekend when the Easter holidays start. My dad is coming over as he's doing really well so we'll have the weekend off with him including scan, his birthday dinner and chilling out. Then the baby buying starts for me. Im gonna get as much as possible off my list before hubby is off too. Then we'll buy the carseat and bulkier items that need joint decisions :) I want to have everything bought by end if April (or at least picked/ordered). Then I'll sort my hospital bag out. I can only cope if I'm organised lol.

Little girl was kicking through the night last night which is a first. I love it :)

Happy mothers day everyone :)

clothes - i have been really cheap and brought most of my stuff from ebay although everything i have brought has been new with tags, I have saved a fortune :)

re weight - i also agree with starglow and itsy - lilly you look fab and i also agree we are most critical of ourself. I think you will loose it really quick after as you are so tiny. I am the same as itsy, i was a uk 14 to begin with but i lost 7lbs in the first couple of months so it seems like i have only put on 3 after my pre pregnancy weight but really i have put on 10lbs all together.

hope everyone is having a good weekend and is feeling well :flower:

oh and itsy- fathers day is the 19th here too this year :)

foxforce- we are going out for dinner and where we are going all the mommies eat free :) think 11 of us are going so should be nice.

I had a fab present off my boys, it is my moms bday on the 14 and i am taking her to Hoar cross Hall - Eden day spa for the day so hubby booked the beautiful bump package for me, I cant wait they taylor a massage to each stage of pregnancy :)

Just been reading a thread in 3rd tri about Natural Ways to start labour, have a read of this link, if only a cupcake could start things huh :shrug: Be truely Cupcakes for us here!

https://www.myfoxdetroit.com/dpp/news/whats_hot/cupcakes-that-may-help-induce-labor-20110401-md

Lolley that sounds like a great place to go, we are going to a delicious curry place, it says all Mothers get a gift, I'm going to try blag one lol

The beautiful bump package sounds amazing :D How lovely

I actually don't believe this! My flipping new jeans won't stay up :( I move or sit down and my ass is on show. Ffs!
Right UK ladies where are the best maternity knickers?

I haven't bought any matty knickers yet, just got some larger size low waisted briefs from m&s those that look like tiny hot pants.

Sorry your jeans aren't staying up :hug: so annoying not getting clothes that don't fit right

ah thanks sweet girls... for squashing my weight worry.. I guess i'm thinking about it as i'm hungry all the time, and only want cakes! will try to stay off them.. hard though. plus i never put on this much weight with my son, although by the end i did gain 2 1/2 stone.

starglow i'm very jealous of your pending 4d scan!! i really want one but hubby says downright no as we've had so many already.. please post your pic here, can't wait to see it! Re knickers i'm just getting the next size up. in my mind there's nothing worse than tight uncomfy underwear to make you feel horrible and fat! I've got giant knickers, so comfortable.

hope everyones had a lovely mothers day. My boys have spoilt me, beautiful flowers, box of cornish fudge - and DH just made a roast beef dinner with yorkshire pud. Have sticky toffee pudding later.. yum. (not worrying about weight today!!!)

Bean's been moving around lots today. i am feeling SO in love with her already, i literally can't wait to see her.. i daydream about her all the time!

Those on team yellow, foxforce and flybee... do you wonder every day what LO will be? Do you have any thoughts? so exciting :happydance:

xx

Hi again everyone! I'm starting to feel like an outsider and getting a little lonely since I never post in here anymore. I actually feel sort of odd posting even now! So I'm going to try and come in more often. Thankfully I only have a month left of school, so the last two months I'll be able to spend with you guys without worrying about my schoolwork!! Spring break weather was AWFUL! We had our first storm of the year and it was one of the worst thunderstorms this area has seen in years. We had several tornadoes, and I actually got STUCK in Sam's because the store lost power and the reports of tornadoes were just coming in! (Not sure if you guys know what Sams is, it's a huge bulk discount store) Tornadoes are pretty rare around here, we usually have water spouts but these tornadoes were moving in a path pretty far from the water, touching down every now and then. Florida is definitely getting warm, we have a high of 87 today, but before anyone gets jealous remember that our storms are awful. I live in Tampa, which is the LIGHTNING CAPITAL of the US!! Thankfully, hurricanes seem to stay away from my area lol

To all who weren't feeling daily movement - are you guys feeling your LOs now? Sorry if it's been discussed, I've missed WAY too much. My little girl gave her first real kick to the ribs today - WOW! definitely something I could do without. She had a period of about 20 minutes where she got super hyper for no reason at all and made me so sore!

Has anyone's belly button popped out? Mine has been getting more and more shallow since about 16ish weeks, and the right side always looks puffy lol I really thought it would be out by now, but maybe it'll just hold steady as it is?

Hmm... what else? oh, leg cramps! has anyone had them? I had one 2 or 3 nights ago, and it was horrible. my entire leg from toe to knee seized up in the middle of the night and when I tried to move it to get rid of the cramp it got so much worse! I ended up sobbing at 2 am because of the pain.

Hi Ashley! My Boss is currently in florida on holiday...I bet she's gutted the weather has been bad.

Starglow, don't buy maternity knickers, they are the biggest waste of money! I've just bought the next size up and they do the job just fine.

Thanks :) that's much easier. I'm still wearing the same size pre- pregnancy knickers and it's about time I went up a size for comfort. Hubby joked I should wear his boxers lol ! Noooooooo!

Mil decided that I'll be having this baby early! ( cause she knows lol) and presumed I'll be having an all natural birth lol. I told her I'll see at the time how things go. She told us my hubby would be an awful birthing partner ( which we told her was rubbish) .... Think she was hinting she'd be a better one lol. Thankfully she got the message to book her flight after I've had the baby :) I suggested week 2 im home to give me time to adjust with the baby the first week and hubby will still be about in week 2 as he's taking holiday ( I'll have to work on this one ). Mils !!!!!

Ashley no my belly button hasn't popped out as of yet.

Lilly I can see why you'd want another scan. I can't believe I'm going to see her. It'll be 9 weeks since the 19 week nhs scan. I think 21 weeks is a long time not to see baby but at least we have the kicks and know they're in there. Also feel the same about day dreaming about her :)

Morning all

Lilly sounds like you were spoilt yesterday which is great, the whole point of Mother's day! On what we'll be having we have discussed and I have absolutely no inkling what it may be, I have had only 2 people say they think it will be a boy, it is exciting to keep us guessing.

Ashley so awful you have that terrible weather, seems there is alot of this terrible weather about this year, hopefully that's your lot and it will just be sunny now :D
Leg cramps are awful aren't they I've had a couple of occasions where it has nearly brought me to tears then left me with achey leg like I had pulled a muscle :( My belly button is out but not a outie yet it's kind of flat at the moment I'm sure it will be out soon.

We had a lovely curry out last night and lo got in a position which could have been with it's back stuck out as my belly was such a funny shape to one side and rock hard where it was laid a little uncomfortable too. I get kick/jabs in the ribs but not to the point of hurting me yet.

I thought I had mw today but it's actually wednesday :dohh:

Hope you al have a lovely day x

I can't tell which way round baby is. It'll be interesting to find out next weekend cause they can already be head down.

By the way I'm a happy bunny but one thing I'm finding with the hormones is I'm very frustrated a lot of the time. I get wound up really easily.

I had my first non-peanut butter day yesterday lol. Bought some black current jam to have instead. I'm really looking at cutting out over eating this trimester. I'm not saying I won't eat crap but in moderation. :) my thighs and muffin tops r just getting heavy and with 3 months to go I think I need to be careful as I'm so short at 5th 1 x

Morning all. Feeling really pants this morning, got a bad cold and just aching all over. Luckily my daughter is being a good girl so that makes it easier.
I was going to do some gardening today but I don't really feel up to much.

My belly button hasn't popped, it didn't last time either.

I see my midwife tomorrow, althoughit'll be a different one from now on as it's all changed. They said it could be the one who delivered my daughter, so that would be nice!

I can't get my head around the midwife going from a few little appointments and listening to my bump to seeing everything at labour time lol! Strange thought. :)

Aw Ailey take it easy Hun x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->