****Summer Cupcakes Bump Buddies ~ 8 BABY GIRLS & 4 BABY BOYS BORN ****

hmmm i just noticed this!!! was not notified either boo:-( oh well at least we have somewhere to be but STILL!! that's weird i didnt' know we were breaking rules.. why didn't they do that to us in first tri? Starglow - even if I start new thread with end of june early july due dates, we'll have to start over and then might they move us again?? I guess we can all find each other over there but of course i'll still be in 2nd tri board too..

GRRRrrr

Anyway..

Ashley i have pains from time to time, sometimes sharp pains and USUALLY when I need to pee and can't get to a toilet! but i definitely have twinges, mild cramps etc from time to time. looked it up and it could be round ligament pain or just uterus stretching.. i don't think its anything to worry about.

15 weeks tomorrow !!! Can't believe it:)

Just noticed they've moved ALL bump buddy groups to discussions and forums.. i remember some other threads from first tri :) so we're not alone!!

wow, so I hadn't noticed that we'd been moved at all!

I have my next appt with the midwife on Friday, so I'm hoping to get my appointment scheduled for the gender scan then! I'm flying to the U.S. to visit my friends/family on Feb 5th so I'm hoping the scan will be scheduled before then :)

Lolley-- great bump!!

Lilly-- what is the cabbage test? I've heard of it but I don't know what it is! I'm looking forward to hearing how much they can see at your gender scan as well!

They also moved the 'pink' thread. Now most people find out in second tri which sex their baby is and I think it should also stay in second tri as it's a big part. New people coming onto the forum won't think to look in groups and discussions as pregnancy is a tiny bit of it!!!!!! Rant over. Bad management I feel.

I'm lucky with work as this week I'm only in wednesday and Thursday which is nice. Thursday I have my midwife checkup at 2 40.

Aw lilly 15 weeks :) yay xxx

Itsy - cabbage test is basically a ph test (going by that y sperm thrive in alkaline ph and x sperm in acidic ph) But this can be swayed by whatever you're eating at the time, ie if you drink a lot of orange juice it can affect outcome of test! So i'm not taking it to heart really.

you buy red cabbage, cut up into small bits in a cup, pour boiling water over it and let to sit 10 mins - then drain cabbage water out into another cup (removing the cabbage bits) and add your urine (!!!) to the cup so it's half wee half cabbage water.
to begin with cabbage water will be dark purple, if after you add your wee it turns pink or red you're having a boy, if it stays purple you're having a girl. Mine went magenta!!

My whole week kicks off tomorrow with school run and work... next day i've got TWO shoots so working from 9am - 11pm!!! going to be a hard one.. eek

That cabbage test sounds funny lol. We actually looked at our four scan photos and it looks like we're having a boy if the nub theory works.

Yesterday was fab. We went baby shopping / looking. Found a buggy we love but not in stock yet. Fun looking at bouncers and Moses baskets :) it all felt so real. So looking forward to meeting my little one.

Also i posted a thread in 2nd tri requesting the groups are at least moved to the pregnancy section of the forum homepage. No interest so far :( May copy it into admin too.

Hi all and Happy New Year

Had a bit of a nightmare with what was our new laptop - it didn't work properly so had to go change it again yesterday! Happy with the one we have now though :D

Great bump pic Lolley :thumbup: Mine looks like that at the end of the day - so mainly bloat!

Ashley I had some bad abdo pains yesterday which was worrying I think it may have been trapped wind as little constipated again lately :(

I also think I felt soon movement last week first time was like tickling from the inside and the second like bubbles when I laid on my belly not felt anything since but look forward to :D

I'll have a good catch up now as just read last two pages....

I've been feeling awful today. I haven't actually got out of bed yet. My head is throbbing! :(

Been watching three men and a baby and just switched over to three men and a little lady lol. How many times can I watch these films lol

Aw :hugs: Starglow hope you feel better after having a restful day watching those old films :D
I have had a couple of days where I felt really groggy and awful not bad enough to stay in bed though, headache seems to be a daily thing for me lately :( I have a friend who got very bad headaches all throughout her pregnancy I hope they don't get as bad as hers fx'd

I'm off to get a bath now, took all the Christmas decorations down today, going to dentist for check up tomorrow and back to work Wednesday yay (not)
Back soon .....

just had a midwife appointment. She said its good, i haven't lost any more weight. baby's heartbeat was great and i got my date for my next ultrasound :) its Jan. 31st. I can't wait to see if its a boy or a girl!

Thanks Foxforce :) yeah it's been good staying In bed all day. Boo to the headaches! I was going to take our tree down today but it'll have to be tomorrow now.

Bluestarlight. Have you got your last scan pic so we can guess the sex? Great news that your weight hasn't dropped more. Well done Hun and great to hear your lo is doing well xxx

We came up with names during the week :)

For a girl- Lara Suzanne or Lara Bethan. ( the Suzanne would be after my mum who passed away Sue and Anna after my Sis & nan) ( But Bethan/ Beth I know my mum loved , we picked it together before she died years ago and hubby loves it)

For a boy - Bobby Eoin ( after hubby Rob)

I'm not telling anyone these names. Just sharing with you. :)

So with sir name Lara Suzanne Hughes/ Lara Bethan Hughes & Bobby Eoin Hughes

( not set in stone yet of course)

When you all find out what the sex is will you be calling your baby by it's name from that point? I think mine will still be bump till I meet him/ her. X

I don't like being in here....It's a bit out of the way!

We are hoping to find out the sex and I don't think I will be calling the baby by the name we have chosen until they are born. I just think it's weird. each to their own though.

Well hopefully we'll be moving to a new group I hope is being set up. It'll be with the other pregnancy boards on the homepage. But if you go into user cp at the top left it takes you to this and other threads you've posted on. Best way for now. I just hope everyone sticks with it for now while Admin are looking into it. It's already quieter :(

Ashley i have pains from time to time, sometimes sharp pains and USUALLY when I need to pee and can't get to a toilet! but i definitely have twinges, mild cramps etc from time to time. looked it up and it could be round ligament pain or just uterus stretching.. i don't think its anything to worry about.
)

I get pains WHILE i'm peeing if my bladder is too full! lol

Hi girls :)

Hope everyone is doing well today and those back at work are ok. I'm back tomorrow! Eek!

Anyones boobs still ultra sensitive?
Also my tummy is very sensitive.

Just did 3 gender predictions for fun from someones thread. 3 girls predicted plus the one I already did. That's 4 girls lol. I'm gearing myself for having a boy as if the nub theory really works it's obvious it's a boy in my other pics.
One person here predicted me a boy 60/40.
Funny stuff.

Lol this is called putting off lots I need to go and do!

Back to early mornings tomorrow. Yuck!
Xxxxxxxx

hey girls

I know it IS quieter here since we're so out of the way! I don't like it :-(

Anyway I start work today, so I won't be on here much for the next 2 weeks (I say that now, but I probably will!) Unfortunately my job stint runs from 2.30pm-1030pm, god knows how I will stay awake!

We've chosen our names, I'm not telling anyone but you guys!! Well, these are our favourite anyway:

Girl - Ivy Grace Claudine
Boy - Finn Dexter

Claudine is my french maternal grandmothers name, all the others we just really like. My mom REALLY doesn't like Dexter (because of the series, about the serial killer!!) But its OUR decision! We're not telling any friends etc because i just hate it when people make negative remarks about the name, really annoys me! I've already had someone dislike 'Ivy' which I love. grrr...!

I've done gender predictions til they're coming out of my ears, mostly say girl but some boy.. I actually have no idea, my instinct says girl but I don't know if I can trust my instinct since i WANT a girl.. I would be happy with a boy too though :happydance:
My DS definitely thinks its a boy and keeps calling my bump HE, I keep saying HE OR SHE! I find out NEXT FRIDAY can you believe it :happydance:

anyone else finding out as early as me? Anyone want to bet what I'm having??

Happy 15 weeks today to a lot of us:) hope everyone's having a good tuesdayxx

im still here :)

im back at work today, but can sometimes get on here to have a catch up. I am tired already, but i was naughty and did a quick count and if i can make it to when i would like to start maternity excluding the weeks off i have 17 weeks left to go :)

starglow - my boobs are still a little tender but my nipples are still super sore ?

were still not sure about finding out the sex yet. DH keeps changing his mind so it might be a last minute decission on our part :(

oh yes starglow.. my boobs are horrifically sore!!! so painful.. especially at night when i'm not wearing a bra. They're the biggest ever.. i'm usually a 34b and now i'm 34D !!!!!! they look awesome though :haha:

Hey ladies!

Happy 15 weeks! :)

My boobs aren't really sore (I wear a sports bra at night though, otherwise they're uncomfortable). And they didn't grow too much (thankfully!). I was already borderline C/D and now they're a large D... I was afraid of being one of those girls who ends up something crazy like an E! Hopefully they're done growing :)

@ Lilly-- I think you're having a girl! I adore the name "Ivy" --it's beautiful!
@ Starglow-- I think it's great how much thought you guys put into the names you've chosen! He/she will definitely have an awesome name :)

I was going to try and hold out on sharing our names but I just want to tell SOMEONE so badly so I'll share as well :)

DH is Dutch (and I'm American) so it took a bit of compromise to find names that work in both cultures and that both sets of families can pronounce... :)

Girl: Léonie Juliette
Boy: Bram Lucas

DH and I both think we're having a boy... and I also did one of the 'gender predictors' from the main group and the OP said boy as well :) Hopefully we'll get the date of our gender scan this Friday!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->