****Summer Cupcakes Bump Buddies ~ 8 BABY GIRLS & 4 BABY BOYS BORN ****

Foxforce - we went to see Hanna, I thought it was good, different though. Ailey - too right, the cinemas is totally off the cards now until well after LO is born!!

TOMORROW IS MY LAST DAY OF WORK WOHOOOOO!!! Well, I'll have my 'Keep In Touch' days over the next 8 months but officially I am DONE! It's a big day too, 25 models for a catwalk show for Tesco's F&F label, but I have 4 assistants so we should be ok. I'll be SO happy when tomorrow is over!

By the way when is everyone's next MW appointment? Mine's next Tuesday, I wish it was this week I really want to see what's happening with this transverse baby of mine. Had horrific google experience today, googled 'transverse lie' images - omg, never again. Obviously medical pages pop up of abnormal things, its horrific!! I hate google yet I always google stuff! So i want to see my MW soon to reassure me...

Anyway, 50 days left for me girls! I can't frikkin wait!!! :yipee: :yipee: :yipee: Isn't it going to be weird when we're posting on the main board or here that we're in labour?! and then we'll all graduate to baby club! yay!! :happydance:

Attached is 33 week pic - taken last night so excuse my pjs! :haha:

Attachments

• 33 weeks.jpg
    33 weeks.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 4
Lilly call and ask to bring your mw apt forward. Shouldn't be a problem. Cute picture. Aw you're nearly on maternity leave. How fab! X

starglow great idea - damn i should've called them today, they're really busy so i don't know if they will fit me in but doesn't hurt to try. every second person I see around here is preggers, i think there's a baby boom in north london!!

Hi All! :)

Starglow-- good thing you're getting the swelling checked out! Be sure to take it easy and drink plenty of water... let us know what they say after your appointment!

Lilly- Wow, almost maternity leave!!! I'll bet it's going to be FANTASTIC! Good luck with your last busy day... I hope it goes by smoothly! Then you can relax and enjoy your time before baby arrives :) I also agree that google is evil (I tried googling 'EVC' last week when LO was still breech... I was scarred for life! It looks traumatizing!) Plus don't get me started on diseases I've googled and broken collar bones in babies... yea. We all know we shouldn't do it but it's so hard not to!

I had my appointment with the consultant this afternoon. They're "officially" taking me over for the coming weeks so I won't be seeing my mw at all anymore. They did a quick scan (we got a picture of LO 'waving' to the 'camera'!) to check the amniotic fluid levels (which are listed as 'spacious' apparently) and I've got another appointment to come back on Monday for the Glucose test (just to make sure I haven't developed GD) and for another growth scan to check whether LO is still continuing his growth trend. We'll get the results next Wednesday. The good news is that he's head down, so my EVC nightmares can temporarily be put on hold :p

Anyway, hope the rest of you are enjoying the weather! It's gorgeous here!

Itsy hope all goes well for your scans and tests.

Lilly Wooo for mat leave! You can join me now ;)

Walked loads today and now I'm really achy so I'm going to chill and do my cross stitch this eve xx

Hi Ladies im officially back :)

spent all weekend writing my last assignment and finally finished it at 12.30 this morning! but i am done now until the end of sept woooo :)

I see my midwife on wednesday Lilly and all this talk of maternity leave i cant wait until mine starts i have 3 weeks left, then a weeks holiday then my leave starts.

starglow- i am so glad your getting checked out better to be safe

itsy - hope your tests all go well, its good there keeping a closer eye on you

Ailey - hope you have rested after your walk and feeling a little better now

foxforce- there are a couple of nice dresses at addtions direct and dorothy perkins :)

Morning ladies

Lilly congrats on your last day at work, hope you have a great day, I also would like to see Hanna but not so fussed about it being at the cinema. Lovely bump pic and pj's :lol:

Itsy yay on baby being head down :dance: hope all the other tests come back ok.

Lolley congrats on finishing your assignments you must feel relieved! I will check out additions and dp's as they are probably the two places I haven't checked!

Ailey take it you didn't win big at bingo??

Starglow great you got in this week to get check fx'd everything is ok for you

I have my mw appoint this morning at 9 haven't seen her for 3 or 4 week, another 4 weeks for me left at work, I'll try post later how the appointment goes.... Happy 33 weeks xx

Very sad news about Kelly Brook loosing her little girl :cry: @ 5 months

Hi girls and bumps :)

Hope everyone is doing well.
I'm back to just getting myself through work and then having to sleep just to cope. My body was so stiff, sore back and ribs along with swelling as usual that after hubby rubbed my back for me I was in bed by 6pm. I had to stretch out on a chair at work yesterday and relax over lunch, was very uncomfortable. Moan moan.

I'm wishing my working days away which is a shame cause I enjoy it. Doesn't help having broken sleep too.

But still I'm excited as the weeks are getting less and less to meeting lo. I hope the first NCT full day class is good this Sunday. I'm hoping I feel more prepared after.

When any of you get up first thing are your bodies stiff from hips down with swelling and a heavy feeling? I have this every day and sometimes can barely move and then my body loosens out later. Or is this just me? My sister days I shouldn't have this yet. Maybe right near due date.

Right better get ready for work. Everyone is so quiet. Xxx

Morning

T'was quiet yesterday . . . . everyone must be busy or too tired to bother with internet.

Starglow no I don't have that feeling in a morning you described, only thing that is sometime a little stiff is my back from sleeping on my side most of the night. Hopefuly you will get some answers tomorrow at your appointment.

My midwife appointment all went well although rushed through me being late, mad traffic due to roadworks! So I was very hot and bothered by the time I got there as I hate being late. I have a new midwife who I met yesterday with my old one as they are changing areas, she seems nice I think she is new to the community work but not sure.
I'm measuring bang on 33, mw also said I have a perfect bump for palpation (feeling) for any students with how baby is laid - still head down which I could tell. My bloods were fine iron was 12.1.
Still no mention of pain relief or birth plan, which after reading my notes I think should be discussed around 28 weeks, so I will mention to my new mw in two weeks time.

Hope you all are well and have a good day x

Morning everyone! Yay finished my official last day of work and i'm with you Ailey on Mat leave !!! :yipee:
I finished work at 3pm and spent yesterday afternoon cleaning our second hand pram - the Bugaboo Bee we've been given by friends. We bought a brand new black hood and a new pink baby cocoon for newborns to go in it, but omg was the pram filthy!! I said to DH, if I can't get it looking like new I want a new one! But I slaved over it for 2 hours with hot soapy water, bleach, vanish and frebreze and it looks AMAZING!! Like properly brand new. I can't wait for little Bean to go inside it :happydance: There's obviously a reason those prams cost £500 with the durability to still look great after 2 yrs use. I'm very happy and grateful that we didn't have to spend loads of ££ as we're so running out of cash.

Starglow - I have lower back ache everytime I wake up and I shuffle along in pain at first til I loosen up... don't know if thats similar to what you're feeling?

Fox - glad your MW app went well, was this your 34 week one?

Well I think my baby girl is turning, she's kicking me in different places now... cross fingers!

I better get up and do the school run.. aren't these constant sunny days just so amazing?! I'm loving England this year! :haha:

Hope everyone has a great day.

Morning all, I have a friend coming over to take photos of me and bump for her portfolio. I HATE having my photo taken, I don't mind snapshots but being the main focus makes me really uncomfortable.

Then my friend is coming over this afternoon with her 2 boys, so I may be a little stressed later on.

Foxforce, glad your appt went well.

Starglow, when is it you see your midwife? I would mention the aches etc, I'm not too bad in the mornings.

Lilly, yay for mat leave!! Enjoy. how exciting having your pram, mine is hopefully arriving this week.

xxx

Good morning ladies!

It was indeed quiet yesterday :) I went to a presentation at our local hospital where we were introduced to several of the doctors/mw's and they described the process of checking in to the hospital, where things are located, what to bring, etc. Cleared up a lot of questions I had, so that was good. Then I went home and had to finish a presentation I've been putting off (but that I have to give tonight!) I was up until almost 3am...

Starglow- I also don't have the aches you're describing. My hips are generally a little sore until I move around a bit (and I wake up 3 - 4 times a night trying to get comfortable) but that's mostly it.

Foxforce- glad your appointment went well! Did they check your sugar level as well as iron?

Lilly- congrats on getting the pram cleaned!! How exciting for you :) It'll be great now that you're on mat leave to have time to get those things done! You must be so relieved to have a break :) I hope you enjoy it! And hopefully your LO is turning!

Ailey- good luck with the pictures! Hopefully being the object of the photos will be worth it once you get to see them and have some copies for yourself :)

A couple days ago I noticed that I've developed a whole bunch of stretch marks below my naval that I didn't used to have! :( And they ITCH! It's very irritating...

ah well. I have to work tonight until 10pm, so it's going to be a long day. 2.5 more weeks until mat leave!!

ps I take it back about the sunny day... turned miserable here and now raining!

I also agree how awful for poor Kelly Brook to lose her baby so late... can't believe this is the third celeb mum for it to happen to in a year :-(

I just totally spring cleaned my whole flat - was on hands and knees in the kitchen for an hour.. nesting must be kicking in!

STARGLOW- I dont have a heavy feeling or anything you describe apart from my hips, they really hurt in a morning but i presume thats to do with the spd.

FOXFORCE- glad your apt went well, i would mention about your birth plan as you said next time.

LILLY- :dance: for maternity leave and cleaning the pram. I hope LO is turning for you and keeps going.

ITSY- hope the presentation goes well

AILEY- hope the photos are not too bad for you, i am sure you will look fab :)

I have the midwife at 1.40 today then off to see my grandad as it is his birthday.

Morning all! Here's a sneak peak at a few photos from yesterday...sorry if they come out big.
https://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t21/aileymouse/bump.jpg

https://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t21/aileymouse/228684_119888024760133_100002168086536_176811_5129955_n.jpg

https://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t21/aileymouse/226826_119887951426807_100002168086536_176807_205879_n.jpg

https://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t21/aileymouse/225742_119887974760138_100002168086536_176808_838688_n.jpg

https://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t21/aileymouse/222195_119887914760144_100002168086536_176805_5833232_n.jpg

Hope you all have a good day, Amber is at nursery all day today, so going to sort her toys...

Ailey, those are beautiful pictures!!! Very inspiring!

How did you feel about the 'photo shoot'? :) Hopefully it wasn't too bad!

It wasn't too bad, I didn't mind it cos I wasn't actually looking at the camera much ;)

Hi all

Just a quick post as bit busy at work....

Lilly glad your Bugaboo came up well :thumbup: I'm not sure what week of appointment I am at as my old midwife worked part time but it had been 5 weeks since I last saw her so I think I have missed an appointment somewhere :wacko:

Itsy I didn't have my sugars checked no, the GTT is done seperately at hospital which I didn't decide to have. I can check my own at work/home as we have equipment. Hope your presentation went well x

Ailey I can't see your pics at work but I'll check tomorrow at home sound like they are good from the response of people, hope you had a good time

I'm out tonight with dh and friends for a meal, the couple who are getting wed next month, then they are moving to USA for 2 years, posting as he works in Army, also haven't seen him since he got back from Afghanistan last month, shoul dbe a nice catch up and good Mexican food mmmm.

Speak soon x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->