****Summer Cupcakes Bump Buddies ~ 8 BABY GIRLS & 4 BABY BOYS BORN ****

heya girlies sorry i havent been around for few days been really busy!!!

lilly congrats on maternity leave!!

ailey those pics are lovely :)

its my last day at work tomoro!! im excited to finish but will miss the girls and the kids lots!! got midwife on monday and have been told i need to go up on monday for pressies... cheeky girls they are!! had a few presents off the kiddies and their parents which is just lovely and thoughtful :)

Hi everyone,

Gorgeous pics Ailey. Love them!

So I saw my midwife for my extra appointment. I'm pleased we saw her and she was thrilled we booked in to see her. I hadn't seen her since week 19 and she won't be at my 34 week one either.

So all the swelling is normal. It's only if you push the skin in and it doesn't pop straight back out that there could be issues. No protein in wee and perfect blood pressure. She discussed briefly birth plans but said after I've done the courses we'll discuss everything further and she'll answer any questions I have.

Baby's heart beat is perfect and she's measuring the right size. I now have a direct number to the hospital if her movement pattern changes at all. I just call them, go in and get monitored for 30 mins. Only need to count 10 movements a day and just keep an eye on her movements in general. She's now lying sideways but I've been told there's plenty of time for her to move and they'll keep an eye on her anyway.

I'm so glad we went (hubby happened to be home early.

We'll get a tour around the maternity unit at the nhs antenatel class. Or we can go in any saturday or Sunday for a tour. I want to know where I'll be.

Any hoo .... I'm now finished work for this week. Strawberry, Ailey & Lilly you're so lucky you've finished early. I'd love to finish but not a hope. Ah well it keeps me busy lol

Hope you're all ok x

Hi Strawberry! Woop for mat leave!

Starglow, so glad all is ok, I've been a bit puffy today, but it's quite muggy here today.
I bet you find time will fly whilst you are still working, whereas time for me is slowing down :(

Itsy I didn't have my sugars checked no, the GTT is done seperately at hospital which I didn't decide to have. I can check my own at work/home as we have equipment. Hope your presentation went well x

I was actually wondering if they'd checked by doing a finger prick (my mw checked that at my 32w appointment in the office). I'm actually really curious in general if anyone has had their blood checked via a simple blood test on a strip and then later had the GTT and if there was a big difference (when they checked my blood in the office 2 weeks ago sugars were fine, so I'm just wondering what the chance is that it will be drastically different when I go in for the GTT).

Strawberry-- enjoy your free time!! How sweet that they're arranging some gifts for you Monday, I hope you have a great time! Are you planning to take you LO in sometime to show off after birth? :) I'll bet they'd all love to get a peek!

Starglow- glad your mw checked you over and that things are looking good :)

2 more weeks of work left...!

We've finally got all the furniture etc in the nursery so I'm going now to start putting the little clothes etc away :) The mattress we ordered for the crib arrived today too so things are almost finished! :happydance:

Ailey gorgeous pics, you are gorgeous and tiny too! How are you getting those trousers on... THere's no way i'm buttoning up anything over my low bump!

Thanks Lilly, they have very stretchy panels ;) I don't wear them all day though, I take them off in the house and wear my pj bottoms!

Ailey - i love your pics they are fantastic

strawberry - yay for maternity and prezzies

Starglow- glad you got checked and everything is fine

Itsy - 2 weeks for me too :)

I got tickets tonight for the baby show at the nec next weekend :) I am hoping it's good now i have heard lots of positive comments about it.

Itsy- yeah il probably go and see them lots when baby is here they will want to see him plus its a chance for me to see all the other kiddies we look after and give them a big hug!! been writing a list of things to do while on leave before he comes to keep me busy :)

isnt it great that all our babies will be here soon its nearly the middle of may already!! i really cannot wait!!! my nursery is nearly done all we are waiting for is for mil to get back from turkey and get us the cotbed mattress and when i get paid im ordering some personalised letters in babies name that match perfect to his theme infact il upload a pic... obviously the name will be Noah not Max! lol found the lady on a group on facebook if anyone wants it let me know and il post the link she can do lots of different themes

Attachments

• 111.jpg
    111.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 2
Hi everyone!! Have you missed me? :) It feels like ages since I've come on here, but I did a quick scan through all the posts. I love everyone's photos, very beautiful! I had my baby shower on Saturday and it was great! I got so many gifts, so don't have much more I need to buy. Mostly just small things like socks, washcloths, etc. My parents were down for the shower and stayed a couple of extra days to help me prepare for baby. My dad painted the nursery and it is GORGEOUS! Truly looks exactly how I imagined, he did a really great job. I'll post photos of the nursery so far, but it's not done yet! I have some stickers for the walls, and things to organize on the changing table.

I can't believe we're getting so close! Someone was talking about a stiff feeling a little while back I think... I definitely feel that way if I've been sitting or laying for a while. I get up and it's odd because I feel stiff and limp while I try to sort myself out, but I know it's caused by everything getting LOOSE. My back pops every time I get out of bed, my legs pop, my hips... everything lol

I had an appointment on Tuesday. LO is doing well, she is head down and my belly is measuring right on track. Her movements are getting even MORE painful, and at times I find it difficult just to walk from one room to the next. Anyone else find themselves getting exhausted over everything? I've gained 30 lbs so far, and it feels like my tiny frame can't handle the weight! If I'm walking for more than two minutes - LITERALLY TWO - I'm exhausted, have to slow down, and am out of breath.

Attachments

• IMG_2204.jpg
    IMG_2204.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_2205.jpg
    IMG_2205.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_2206.jpg
    IMG_2206.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_2208.jpg
    IMG_2208.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 2
Cute room Ashley and you sound so much happier now you've had your baby shower. X

Aww Ashley, your nursery is gorgeous! Yes I get out of breath by not doing much. Very annoying.

I'm going out tonight with some friends for pizza, yum. But I don't know how long I can stay awake for!

Have a good day all xx

Taking it easy today. Just doing some light housework. We're at a footie match tonight so trying to save my energy up.

My midwife told me not to cross my legs! It's really hard not to. Plus she says not to pull my legs up beside me on the sofa as it's not good to have all the weight on one side! That's my comfy position. I find sitting on the sofa really not comfy now. Gonna get my pilates ball blown up and start sitting on that.

50 days. Omg! Yay!

Ashley- the nursery is beautiful! Did you have a good time at the babyshower? :) You definitely sound happier! Hope you've been able to rest up a bit.

Ailey- enjoy the pizza!

Starglow- have fun at the match tonight!

Hope the rest of you have a good weekend! I'm ducking out of work to start the weekend early (14.30! woo hoo!) I found out that there's a Primark about 10 minutes away from my office (I didn't even know they had this store in NL!) so I'm going over there now to check it out and look for things to stuff in my hospital bag :)

Enjoy your Friday everyone!

Thanks everyone! I am much happier, not stressed out about school or about having to buy all the baby things.

Pizza sounds delicious! I might have some tonight too, I'm going out tonight with friends for the first time since before I even got pregnant! Just meeting them at a bowling alley for an hour or two, but I'm looking forward to it.

starglow - i don't know how you can even stand to sit like that! i do both automatically because that's how i always used to sit, but as soon as i do it i have to move. it feels like no blood gets through my legs!

Ashley your nursery is beautiful!! You're making me excited for my baby shower, its on the 4th June, I can't wait. I'm glad you had such a great time!
It's my friends baby shower tomorrow... exciting too:)

We decided to custom order a new mattress for our space saver cot - it came with a basic foam block mattress but I didn't really like it (diva! lol) so we ordered a fully sprung deluxe one with 3 custom made fitted sheets to fit. It should be coming in the next few days, can't wait! i guess because we had to scrimp on the cot (space reasons) I wanted to go all out for the mattress! Also I couldn't find sheets to fit the original mattress, even the company that sold the cot didnt' do them - rubbish.

ashley i've also put on 30lbs - i actually can't wait to get my body back, I have all these plans!

Ailey hope your pizza was great last night.

My little bean has been moving around more lately, she's never been the most active baby (maybe because of anterior placenta??) but i'm getting definite feet and elbow movements now, its so cute.

Beautiful day again today, hope everyone has a great one :flower:

Lilly, how are you enjoying mat leave?
You're probably feeling more movement now that you have slowed down a bit.

Pizza was good, was nice to see my friends, not had a proper good catch up with them since last august!

Have a good weekend everyone x

thought id update nursery pics :) the last pic is a very special present from a little boy i look after.. he always carries his bear around with him and they got us one as a gift excatly the same <3

Attachments

• Photo0139.jpg
    Photo0139.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 4
  • Photo0140.jpg
    Photo0140.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 3
  • Photo0141.jpg
    Photo0141.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 4
  • Photo0143.jpg
    Photo0143.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 4
  • Photo0145.jpg
    Photo0145.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 3
wow beautiful nursery Strawberry!

Ailey, i'm loving my time off... BUT I have been offered a 6 day tv job mid june which finishes a week before i'm due!! Its well paid and i'm very very tempted to do it as we really need the £££ - but i'm going to see how I feel. eeek!

ashley and strawberry- gorgeous nurseries, i wish i one to decorate and put togeteher.

starglow- hope you maged a relaxing day yesterday

Itsy- did you get to primark?

Yesterday i was shocked to receive a big parcel from the postman, and then realised it was the free steriliser from nubby that hch told us about, its fab :) I will be using my main steam one at home but this is perfect for weekends away and when we take the kids to butlins october as it is so much smaller :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->