****Summer Cupcakes Bump Buddies ~ 8 BABY GIRLS & 4 BABY BOYS BORN ****

Oohhhh nice nursery strawberry.

Match was great fun last night. :)

Just been shopping. Got a sleeping bag for baby half price in mamas & papas which is perfect plus a light weight dressing gown for me.

What are you wearing for labour girls?

absolutely no idea on what to wear for labour - i'm still on the hunt!! Did you get that grey/blue dressing gown from mamas and papas? I love that one.

I'm a bit mad today.. DH had the weekend off but last minute decided to work :-( I was so looking forward to spending the day with him and DS and he was only supposed to go in for the morning but he's still there. I know its selfish (!!) and that we need the money but i'm upset that he's working on the weekend! Plus i'm not seeing him tomorrow.

So i'm not sure what to do with the rest of my day. Just completely springcleaned the entire hallway storage cupboard and I am so tired now!!

Girls I just can't wait to meet this little baby.. 45 days to go!!

Lol Lilly my oh is photographing a wedding today so I'm on my own too :) which is why I went into town earlier.

I got a large navy dressing gown in debenhans. Think it's jasper conran. It's not maternity, just thought it's ideal for now, hospital and after when all our guests are staying here. Cause of the ties it works. Love it.

What to wear in labour!!!! Hum. The only over sized t shirts are my hubby's and they're not that over sized on me anymore. I wanted an above the knee / to the knee nightie but with a low v neck or buttons for skin to skin when baby comes out. Hard to find tho. I bought a cheap round neck over sized t shirt nightie but it's round neck. I think probably for in hospital or after at home (no good for skin to skin or feeding).

I've no idea what to get? People say any old thing or something cheap to throw away but I kinda want something nice to feel good in.

By the way I know how stupid it sounds to want something nice to give birth in and that I won't care at the time. I just know I'd feel better and more comfortable if I'm happy in what I'm in. Just gotta find it now. If im in the birthing pool it would be a long vest probably but there's only one pool so not sure about that one x

im thinking a long vest top or something aswell will have to dig one out or pick up a cheap one from asda they have long ones in at the minute :) hoping to get to go in the pool so gonna look for a tankini top or something i really dont know!! good job you mentioned it!

Well I spoke with my Sis. She said if I can't find anything to just cut the neck line of the cheap t shirt nighty I bought. Then I can have skin to skin with lo and bin the nighty after.

Been looking at the sleeping bag which is so cute. Says to use from when baby is 10lbs. Oooooohhhh so exciting it's all getting so close x

Hi girls

Lovely nurseries Ash & Strawbs

Sorry your dh has gone out to work last min Lilly I can imagine your not happy but think of the $$

Itsy I can test my blood sugars if you want to see what my level is, I have the kit here at home with me.

I've just partially packed my hospital bag, I've got a strappy nightie from Primani for labour, not planning on a water birth but would like to get in the water if available to help with the pain. I've also realised I have only 3 long sleeve newborn sleepsuits, which I have packed in the hospital bag with 4 body suit vests, do you think that will be enough? I think we should get some more sleepsuits.

I also found a dress for the wedding yay, only cost me £45 from Miss Selfridge, would show you a pic but it isn't online, it's a lovely strapless maxi dress, floral in beige and pastel pink and blue flowery pattern, got my eye on another dress I may get for the evening at the wedding as I didn't spend so much :D I'll post a pic of that....

Had a great meal out with friends Thursday night, ended up out quite late until 11.30pm then stopped at friends for more drinks (they were all very drunk by now) got home at 0130 and didn't feel too tired, funny isn't it when I can barely stay awake past 11pm @ home - lots going on to keep me alert I guess

Hope your having good weekends...

Attachments

• picchu dress.jpg
    picchu dress.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 3
Just found a pic of the I got in Miss Selfridge but it's not the best, I got the medium, it's not maternity butthe bust section is elasticated so it's stretches fine, just need a thin belt around top of bump to pinch it in a bit.

Attachments

• miss selfridge dress.jpg
    miss selfridge dress.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 12
Nice dress hun. I tried a long maxi maternity dress in debenhans today. Black floral. Really liked it but don't think I'll need it (unless I go to that wedding but I'll wait till much nearer to decide)

Exciting you've started your hospital bag. I'm getting things for hospital but haven't packed yet. Midwife said to bring your own pillow for good sleep and don't forget olive oil for the first black poo's ( the baby that is lol) - makes it easy to wipe off.

Omg we're talking hospital bags!!!!!!

Hehe strange huh, yes good thinking ont the olive oil I had forgot! Not sure on how many nappies to pack :shrug: just put a whole pack in but thinking of taking half maybe 12?
The thing with the Miss Selfridge dress is I should probably wear it after baby too so better value

Gorgeous dress foxforce!

Starglow as for something to wear for labour, I have an old nightie that I used in labour with my daughter too. It's just a primark one and I whipped it off when she was born for skin to skin and the midwife just laid a thin sheet over us both.
I'm taking a takini too for if I go in the pool. x

Omg I just looked at my ticker. 1 month & 18 days to go!!!!!!

Ailey thanks your pics are gorgeous btw that your friend did for you, I saw them Friday morning but didn't post x

Gosh I had the most awful night. I was starting to feel off about 4pm and was lying on the sofa before getting into bed about 6pm. I was so uncomfortable. It's really hard to explain but all night and still now apart from painful ongoing heartburn I have a tightness between my boobs. It's awful. Last night I had to sit up a number of times and take deep breaths to calm down. My chest feels really tight. I eventually got some sleep but waking up with all of this isn't good as I have the full day antenatel today. Tmi but I was sick (just in my mouth) several times too and it's making me all tense and I just feel yuck! Rennie usually stop the heartburn but they're having no effect whatsoever. Hubby tried rubbing my back but that didn't help. So strange this came out of the blue.

Also by the evening my groin feels like it's splitting in two and if I walk anywhere I have to hold my bump. I know this is normal but ouch!

Gotta go get showered as we've gotta be gone by 9 30. The class is 10- 4 30. Im already looking forward to being in bed later. I'll fill you in on how it goes. I just hope I start feeling better as I want to relax and make the most of today with hubby.

Sorry for the moan just feel completely awful.

Hope you're all doing well x

How rubbish! Ask you midwife for some gaviscon on prescription, it's free then and works wonders. Much better than rennies xx

Starglow how awful!! when is your next MW appointment I'd definitely mention this to her. Agree with Ailey get some gaviscon.. had terrible heartburn with my DS and i was drinking it by the gallon! He had tons of hair when he was born I wonder if that wives tale is true... i've had no heartburn this time.

I'm off to a baby shower today, can't wait (not mine, my friend who's due June 7th)

I can't believe i'm 34 weeks on Tuesday...only 3 weeks til she's full term!

I am over the top :yipee: :yipee: EXCITED :wohoo: :wohoo: to meet my little girl!!!!!!

Oh dear starglow :( I don't get heartburn anymore or since early in pregnancy but I do get reflux where I get it coming up into my mouth especially if I bend over, you definately need gaviscon, that does help.
My groin hurts from time to time to like I have pulled the muscle.

Hope you have a good day at your class and get a good nights sleep tonight :flower:

Lilly enjoy the baby shower.

I've just had a clean up until I ached so now that's it for the day, dh is cooking dinner today which should be nice, 34 weeks practically wow seems crazy that we're here already! :wacko: I though lo had turned last night - I do hope not just seemed like the head was higher up.
I read in the Mail on Sunday mag that Victoria Beckham has got the same pushchair as us - iCandy Apple, dh was annoyed as he doesn't want people thinking we have copied them lol and then went on to say what if she gives birth before us and they use our favorite name, I don't think they will as not wacky enough for them :haha:

enjoy your sunday's xx

What a very very long day. It was a great course altho far too long for all us pregnant ladies. Luckily we had a fab group all between 28 & 34 years old. really nice couples, we had a good laugh throughout the day. The best bit for me was learning what birthing positions and massage I like. Also which breathing methods I preferred. The most comfortable position for me for during contractions was sitting on a backwards chair leaning forward on a pillow with hubby massaging my back. I hated being on my knees or on all fours. I'm delighted hubby got to learn 4 different massage techniques. It was amazing. I also learnt about different breathing techniques from just deep breathing , counting in for 3 and out for 5 and also a mantra word to breath in and out to. I loved the counting one and hated repeating a word to myself. All nice to know beforehand I think.

We learnt about the stages of labour, how contractions work, when to call the hospital etc. It was actually really good. Lots of work in groups and lots of discussions.

Next week is on pain relief and bringing baby home. Following session is breastfeeding.

It was weird being around other pregnant girls and comparing notes. My brain is fried now.

Luckily my yucky symptoms eased off. Hope they stay away now.

Hope you're all having a good day xxx

Sounds like you learnt alot. I went ot classes first time round, but not bothering this time.

I get the reflux like foxforce, I get it mainly at night so take the gaviscon just before and it forms a kinda float to stop the acid coming up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->