****Summer Cupcakes Bump Buddies ~ 8 BABY GIRLS & 4 BABY BOYS BORN ****

Thanks hch, the top isn't maternity. I bought it when I had my daughter ages ago and never wore it again so it was like brand new still!

I've packed my hospital bag, I have only put in one pack of thick mat pads. I'm not planning on staying long so I'm hoping that will be enough.

I've mostly packed my bag, did it like a week or two ago. Here's my list, even though I know you all have different needs since our healthcare is so different!

for me:
toiletries (shampoo, conditioner, soap, lotion, mouthwash, deodorant, toothpaste/brush)
nipple creme
nursing pads
cheap undies
sanitary pads
2 cheap sets of pj's
comfy going home outfit
chapstick
basic makeup items
hair brush
hair ties
flip flops that can be worn in shower
nursing bra
nursing cami
slippers

for baby:
2 going home outfits (newborn size and 0-3 mo size)
hat, scratch mittens, socks
blanket for drive home
receiving blanket
carseat

for OH:
toiletries
2 pair socks
2 pair undies
2 t-shirts
1 pair of lounge pants
aleve (he gets bad headaches and will be grateful i remembered!)
Energy drinks
time wasters

extras:
change for vending machines
scented plug in for room
digital and video cameras, chargers
computer, charger, dvd’s
2 towels and garbage bag for the car (lay down garbage bag on seat then towel on top in case water breaks on the way to the hospital. Also can be used for ride back home in case bleeding is heavy - no "accidents"!)

ooo i forgot these arent in my hospital bag but im taking them with me!

birthing ball and my pillows!

ooo and my mp3 player! jeez im need to write another list!

Hi ladies!

Everyone's been chatty :)

What for bank holiday is it in the U.K.?

Ashley- I completely forgot that it's Memorial Day in the U.S. today (my mom just e-mailed me and reminded me). Does your OH have the day off?

Thurs & Friday are holidays in NL so DH and I will have some quality time together as well :)

Today was my first day of mat leave... and I spent it at the beach with my SIL (it was 25 degrees C/~80 F). Lovely weather, had lunch and then a 'foot spa'. Perfect way to start off!

Re: hospital bag... mine is packed, but it's waaayyy smaller than I think what most of you are planning to bring (because here the hospital stay after birth is 2 hours, and the hospitals provide most of what you need). Hch-- good point on the mp3 player! I'm also planning on bringing my e-Reader (although I have no idea if I'll be able to focus on it).

I've also been getting what I think/assume are BH's but only occasionally (a few times a week?)

I've seen a couple of people mention it, but who else has mw/doctor appointments this week?

I see my midwife on weds this week.

I bought some raspberry leaf tea today! gonna have a cup in a bit. I used it with Amber, don't know if it helped but it's worth a shot! :p

i started mine last week , the tea is ok with a bit of sugar in :D i have been having a tea in the morning and a tablet in the evening will up it to 2 tablets and a tea next week :)

Hoping to pack my hospital bag tomorrow.

It was suggested I bring roll on deodrant and not spray. Makes sense not to spray In labour room I suppose.

Also your own towel.
Shower gel - not to go over board on heavy scented shower gel as baby will be comforted by your own scent.

Lip balm - lips can get very dry with gas and air.

Tens machine (if u have one)

Well today hubby and i had our niece all day. It was fab. Loads of nappy changing, activity & feeds & sleeps Great to get the experience. Loved it.

I've read everyone's posts. Got people here so can't comment right now. Just hope you're all ok peeps. Xxxxxxx

My MIL bought me some dried RTL for making 'fresh' tea.... and I tried it last week for the first time and thought it was pretty gross :blush: When I took the leaves out after letting it soak, the top of the tea looked like it had a gasoline-like film on it... yuck. I may try to see if I can find some tablets... are they big? Or small? (i.e. easy to swallow?)

they are not small but not big!:haha: about the same size as a prenatel tablet! :thumbup:

Morning.

Hch are you feeing ok after yesterday? Sounded painful. :(

I can safetly say I feel so bloated and yucky. I managed to sort out my spots on my neck and back but they then came back on my chin and won't go. I have a double chin which i i utterly hate and my legs, feet & hands are more swollen than ever. I feel great inside, loving my bump, can deal with the fatigue etc , I just feel yuck on the outside. (none of the other girls are so swollen they can't wear their wedding rings and they all look normal , not loaded with vile looking spots. Plus my feet are that swollen that my heals are cracked and I'm using flipping nipple cream on them to keep the skin together lol. Attractive!

Only Thursday to myself this week. Family here till tomorrow which i'm really loving. Friday have health visitor, midwife & friends for dinner. Saturday we have the nhs antenatel class ( only really wanting a nose round the maternity wards but we may as well go )

Up to make pancakes for everyone now.

Sister thinks it's great I can still go walking at 8 months pregnant. She couldn't after 6 months. Doing something right then hehe.

Have a fab day everyone.

X

Morning all

I have to finish packing my bag but got the main things in need to add towel for me and baby erm had one pack of matty pads and pack of Always so I'll put more matty pads in doesn't harm taking more, need to remember camera, Ipod and cd's as I think there is a player but need to check. Oh oand bits for dh!

Itsy the RLT tea bags I have are quite nice, although I find you need to drink whilst hot, good idea to put sugar in as never thought of that :dohh: would help as it cools as I think it does need to be sweeter. Only been having one a day think I can up it to two cups now :shrug:

Anyone taking EPO? I think I may start that this week

Lovely day today, everyone have a fab day xx

Hi girls!

I have my MW appointment today at 2.30pm, yay!

Here's my 36 week bump!! Took lots of pics yesterday. I am VERY low I think - the pelvic pressure I am feeling is immense and the amount of shooting stabbing pains I am feeling up my cervix and down my inner thighs have really gone up. I am also constantly swollen down there, this baby really wants to come out!! I saw my mom yesterday who as i've said before used to be a MW - she felt my baby and thinks she's fully engaged already as her head is down in my pelvis and not moving!!

Ailey you are really high!! My bump was always low though. With my DS I was pretty high like you.

Starglow - sorry you've been feeling rubbish! hopefully its all water retention and it will all just vanish, spots and all, once your LO arrives!

Fox - I have some EPO from when I was trying to conceive but its 1000mg capsules, is this too much do you know? I plan on taking some but need to find out amount first. Have been having one cup of RLT a day so far.

Hope everyone has fab day :flower:

Attachments

• IMG-20110530-00398.jpg
    IMG-20110530-00398.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG-20110530-00396.jpg
    IMG-20110530-00396.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG-20110530-00394.jpg
    IMG-20110530-00394.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG-20110530-00391.jpg
    IMG-20110530-00391.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 5
Lovely bump lilly! hope all goes well with the midwife.

Starglow, I'm starting to feel all puffy and yukky too. I've stopped wearing my wedding rings cos it's too uncomfortable.

Husband was moaning about my snoring last night and I didn't even think I was asleep so I laid there awake most of the night just so he could sleep. Now I feel so tired and sleepy....

hi ladies! fab bump lilly! baby looks very low! starglow hope you feel better x

im feeling a bit better but my back is killing me today! also im almost certain that last night baby turned and i was in agony with it!! i have no idea what he was doing but omg he has no room to move but there was defo a head or a bum moving down the side! im so hoping that was him moving! :lol: we shall see 2moro! sleep has become a thing of the past! havent slept for more then 2 hours a night so im exhausted all day plus with kids being home i cant get in a little nap!

with the rlt i started on one cup of tea , now im on one cup of tea and 2 tablets , i think im going to start the epo at 37 weeks one in the morning and one in the evening , there is a post in the third tri about amounts will try and find it :)

https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnan...eaf-tea-rlt-evening-primrose-oil-epo-faq.html

Aw lovely pics Lilly, you are low but I think she has always been. Nice and tanned bump too! I was low at first but high now, looking forward to being lower to ease the rib pain but prob end up with more pain down low so not sure whats worse!? Hope mw goes well.

On the EPO I have actually got Starflower Oil which is more concentrated, thanks for the link hch, I am just going to take it orally and start tomorrow. One of the starflower capsules (not sure on dose I have think it's 500mg) so equivalent of 1000mg EPO

Think I may try up RLT to 2 cups from tomorrow, I don't always remember to take it daily

hch glad your feeling better, fx'd that baby has turned! So sorry your not sleeping :hugs: I was too warm last night and will be from now on I think looking at the forecast for the end of this week - it's going to get hot ladies well warmer!

I had the strangest thing last week not sure if I mentioned it but lo turned to face the other way so instead of feet being to my right it was kicking to left - it felt very strange but by the next morning it had turned back so can't have liked it much there :haha:

heya girls sorry wasnt around this weekend been mega busy!!!

hope you are all well!! ive got midwife tomoro cant wait!!

heres my 35 week and 5 day bump pic

Attachments

• 35 weeks.jpg
    35 weeks.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 4

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member