****Summer Cupcakes Bump Buddies ~ 8 BABY GIRLS & 4 BABY BOYS BORN ****

ailey fab news hun! my mw didnt even seem bothered about birth plans! she is leaving it a bit late i think!

hch- yaaaaaaayyyyyyy fantastic news :happydance:
but 3 weeks thats just mad????

well i now have a new due date c section is booked for the 22nd. The placenta had moved but after measuring baby the consultant doesnt want to risk her getting stuck and having to have an emergancy section. If i go into labour before then i have to call straight away and they will whisk me into theatre. So at the very latest little one will be here 3 weeks today :) couldn't get a picture as the head is engaged they did try but just ended up being black.
I have midwife appointments every wednesday now until baby is born too.

glad everyone elses appointments went well.

yay lolley! how fantastic that you have a date :D and your baby girl can make her way into the world the safest way possible :) so you could have the first cupcakes baby! how exciting!

im a bit miffed about the mw tbh! she just said your ok with being seen in 3 weeks time arent you? well like i had a choice really! silly woman!

aww lolley well atleast you know for deffinate now and have a date and have time to get used to the idea we all know how much you wanted to try not to have a csection but atleast she will get here safely and a planned csection is better than an emergancy one!

Ailey & hch- glad your appointments went well! Hch- that is a bit odd about your mw wanting to wait another 3 WEEKS. Can you call in the meantime to schedule a closer appointment if anything else comes up before then and you want to talk with her?

Lolley- glad that placenta has moved! Did they give you a weight estimate for your LO? As strawberry said, at least you have a definite date now to look forward to :) How exciting!

wow, sounds like everyone's babies are engaging! i'm not sure if they tell us that here, but i have an appointment tomorrow so i guess i'll find out. having weekly appointments and doing non-stress tests at each, plus this week they are starting internal checks for dilation. OH is still convinced baby will be here on Saturday, and honestly that'd be quite alright with me. i don't have anything else really to prepare for the baby, and i know i'm never going to feel "ready". i honestly don't think she's coming anytime soon though!

feels to me like baby has moved position for the first time in WEEKS and i'm a little worried, so i'm glad i'm going in tomorrow. it feels like she's moved back UP instead of heading further DOWN if that makes sense. i've been feeling her legs and feet higher up than I have in a while, unless it's just because she is descending and can stretch her legs out higher now :shrug:

lolly - sorry you have to have a c-section, but like strawberry said, at least it's planned and won't be an emergency section. :hugs:

Wow loads of news on here. Lolley it must be a relief to have a date. Hch great news. Re mw you could always call and book another appointment. You should see her at least every two weeks.

At last we're putting the cot up and getting everything unboxed this evening. I can't wait!

I've washed most of bumps clothes now. I don't feel like I have much. I've really kept to baby grows and vests as I didn't want to spend money until I know how big bump will be. Plus most people buy clothes as presents. so I'm being patient lol.

It was just fab having my baby niece here. Made it very real that bump will be here soon.

I have midwife apt tomorrow and Saturday the nhs antenatal day. I hope it's good! We don't really need it as we've done the NCT course. Im hoping the breast feeding afternoon part and hospital tour will be worth it.

Gonna walk into town later for a few bits. Make the most of the sunshine and then hubby collecting me on his way home from work. I think one way is enough today lol.

Have a great day everyone xxx

Great news hch you must be so relieved, after my last mw appoint last week its 3 weeks (38 weeks) until I see my mw, which I was shocked at as I have even discussed pain relief, birth plan or anything to do with my stay in hospital which I find strange with it being my first child :shrug: I rang the mw team up to query it and they said they would get my mw to call me back - I'm still waiting.

Ailey great news on your appoint, hope everything went smoothly yesterday as you seemed busy!

Strawberry good news baby is on way to being engaged.

Lolley sorry you need a section but you know your baby is in the best hands with how things are, you may be the first here to have your cupcake :D

Lilly hope your scan goes well

Itsy lovely pic and scan :flower:

My last day at work today!! YAY :happydance: Going to be a gorgeous hot day today unfortunately its forecast not to last - until Saturday so try make the most of it! Shame I'm not at home to wash rest of baby's clothes.

Thanks Starglow, just need your time to come now! Is Itsy still working also?

I'm not sure. Well at least I have this week off and limited work the fallowing 2 weeks but yes I'd love to be finished completely now. Just trying to get everything ready now so I don't have to worry while I'm working. It's kinda crazy knowing she could come any time. I want my lo to keep getting fatter and have some chill time before she arrives. I think I've been running on adrenaline while my family were staying. Coming crashing down now but getting on with house work etc.

Have fun xxxxxx

Lolley - sorry you have to have a section but great news that it's all booked in and at least won't be emergency c-section which I can imagine is worse! And yes you'll probably be the first cupcakes baby woohoo!!! So strange you know exactly when LO is going to come! At least you can be prepared.

Itsy thanks for info re your growth Scans... and great bump!!

Hch thats GREAT news your LO has turned!! yay for you!!

Foxforce have a lovely last day at work, bet you can't wait til the end of today :winkwink:

I;ve been having lots of pelvic pain and back pain the last few days. My mom's convinced labour is imminent for me but I really hope not - my baby shower's on Sat and i'm supposed to be working from the 15th until the 21st!!!! to be honest I don't think i'll do all the days at work, if I can just manage the 15-18th i'll be happy.

I'm in oxford at the moment at my parents house but leaving for london in a few hours - my scan's at 2.30pm - excited!

It;s a gorgeous day here too and forecast to be HOT in london this weekend, which works out great as its my baby shower and we're having it at this lovely bar/restaurant in crouch end where i live - it has a fab outside garden.

hope everyone has a great day
:yipee: :yipee:

Yep Starglow you take it as easy as possible whilst trying to get things done and make the most of your last few days off at least your work is limited. :flower:

Lilly my pelvic/groin pain eased off which I'm glad just get a little stiffness, lets hope your lil girl holds on a little longer than your mum thinks! Your baby shower should be great on Saturday, super timing with the weather too :coolio:

Good morning ladies!!

Foxforce- enjoy your LAST DAY!! My mat leave started this week, so Mon - Wed I was (mostly) free this week :) Just finishing up some things at home I hadn't gotten to yet. It's a wonderful feeling to be on leave though! Are you doing anything at work to celebrate?

Starglow- we're the same re: clothes for LO. We only have like 10 little bodysuits or outfits total, but figure that's what people are most likely to bring with them (plus my mother is coming to visit in 3 weeks and she's warned me that she's bringing a suitcase full!)

Lilly- good luck with your scan today! Let us know how it goes :)

Today is a public holiday in NL and there are tons of things going on (a nearby city/village is having an "American Day" which I think would be funny to go to, so we'll be there all afternoon) and out tonight with BIL/SIL to see the new Pirates movie. I've heard mixed reviews, but I'm hoping we enjoy it (and that sitting in the theatre won't be too awful!)

thanks for the replies girls!

lily i hope your scan goes well :)

itsy fab pics hun!

foxforce im glad im not the only one who has to wait 3 weeks! i think its a bit slack to be honest but there is nothing i can do apart from pester the labour ward if i feel something isnt right! what i was more annoyed with was i had told her i wanted a home birth (im not having one anymore) and she hasnt said anything about it! i just feel like she isnt interested! she didnt even have her measuring tape to measure the fundal height! :dohh: i hope you have a fab last day at work! :flower:

i started my epo today and at the weekend im off to get my clary sage oil! OMFG im full term on saturday! i cant tell you how excited iam to meet my little boy!

It's great to get to full term but let's hope our little cupcakes stay where they are. They are safer inside till nearer our due dates.

Omg never ending baby washing happening. Just done all the sheets for cot and Moses basket, along with bumps bath towels.

Itsychik how lovely your mum is bring a suitcase of baby wear with her. Exciting to see it all.

Lilly it's rubbish you're in so much pain. Yes if you're bot up to the work don't force yourself. It's not worth it. Believe me if I'm not up to working I won't be! Our health is more important and we have to listen to our bodies.

Btw Ailey , I wrote a long post the other day to you after your row With your other half and lost the post :( hope everything is ok now and you've managed a chat with him.

I'm getting through the housework at a silly slow rate lol

Oh hch ...... Forgot to say none of the hypno stuff opened apart from the introduction but don't worry. I think it's quite late now to start. I'll find some relaxing music and just focus on my breathing etc. But thankyou so much for sending it xxxx

oh no :( i can try and send again if you want it hun , just let me know x

No please dont worry Hun. Great to hear your lo has moved. Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"