****Summer Cupcakes Bump Buddies ~ 8 BABY GIRLS & 4 BABY BOYS BORN ****

wow lots of posts this morning...

Thank you all for the positivity :flower:
I am not convinced i will be the 1st, hch and lily are both getting the shooting pains which i was told yesterday is getting the cervix ready and hch is now 3/5 engaged my bet is either of you go first :)

Lilly - hope the scan today goes well

Foxforce - enjoy your last day

starglow - i hope your not doing too much it is half term after all :)

hch - i cant get over your midwife i think i remember you having problems with her before? Can you call the midwife team and ask, tell them you dont even have a birth plan and your full term this sat i would be so mad!!!!

Ashley - baby can stretch more as it goes down further they get a little bit more room i have been having lots of rib kicks which i wasn't getting before.

itsy - they didnt give me an estimate of babies weight now, they just said if it follows the same rate of growth will be about 8lbs. Have a good afternnon and evening out.

Itsy no not doing anything to celebrate, just not being here is good enough! Hope you are enjoying your time off so far x

hch yes its so damn frustrating, it annoys me most that the appointments are so rushed which I think is why my birth plan/pain relief has not even been mentioned, I can totally understand you being annoyed when you want a home birth, maybe you should ring them and say your not happy as you haven't any arrangements in place for it and that you aren't seeing them again until your due!

lots of posts!! can tell were all nearly off work now! chatty bunch!! lots more pressure of lo pushing himself down today so hopefully he is starting to engage as he is just sat at the brim whatever that means!! i havent done alot today... more washing poor house looks like chinese laundrette i cant wait to move and have a garden! just got to save up for deposit etc again! only thing i hate about private renting!

:dohh: have had to get the breastpads out girls ..... :lol: oh joys of pregnancy leaky friggin boobs!! :dohh: how random that was!!

girls, i am EXHAUSTED! wasn't able to fall asleep till around midnight, woke up at 4:30, and couldn't go back to sleep. Went to my recliner around 6:30, fell asleep for like half an hour, struggled to go back to sleep, slept another half hour then finally got up to get ready for my appointment. I'm not dilated yet, but baby is doing well. They hook me up to the machine every week and monitor her heart rate for about 15 minutes. i just realized they didn't even measure my fundal height this appt though or feel around for baby's position, which they usually do.

back pain is killing me, contractions are annoying, still getting those shooting pains in my cervix every now and then, and getting occasional cramp-like pain. i'm SO ready for this little girl to make her way out! ....'till i'm in labor then i'm going to be wanting her to stay in! LOL :)

:lol: aww ashley thats true my friend was telling me yesterday when she had her girl she wantted her out so badly but then went into labour wanted her to stay in there and even asked the midwife if she could go home :lol:

yeah, OH was the one who said to me last night that I'm going to want to keep her in once I'm in labor! makes sense, I'm sure I'm going to be terrified lol

my breasts haven't leaked at all. i have tiny amounts of crusty stuff in them sometimes and clean it up then try to squeeze anything out lol :blush:

a friend of mine has lifted my spirits a bit. I posted on facebook about my "sleep" pattern lately and she said that was EXACTLY how she was about a week before she gave birth to her first. FINGERS CROSSED! :thumbup:

hi girls - well back from my scan!!!

Baby is totally normal!! She is bang on average for weight.. she currently weighs in at 6 lb 2 (2.8kg). They reckon she'll be about 7lb which is great :happydance: Everything is measuring great - legs slightly ahead, abdominal circ average, all average APART FROM HER HEAD WHICH IS MASSIVE!!!

I know!!!!

Terrifying!! explains the intense pressure/swelling and shooting pains i've been getting, AND all the varicose veins! She's in the top top percentile of the head circ, they basically said it's 'very round' (!!!) She's head down but she's back to back which is not great for labour. so now i am so happy she's ok, but shitting myself for labour! My DH has a giant head so i am blaming this all on him!

I remember with DS he was measuring behind on the head circ... and i was worried my baby would have a pin head! he did have a small head but he's all evened out now.

I got a pic, not a great one as her face was all squished up to my anterior placenta - but she turned her head slightly and we managed to 'kind of' see her face.. i'll load it up later as i have to rush out again now.

xx

ashley and lilly glad you appointments went well

everyone seems to be doing great :thumbup:

I have finally finished my kitchen thank goodness i am officially shattered, it has taken 2 days but is sparkling from top to bottom and i now have a shelf with bottles etc on and a space where the steriliser is going :)

glad your scan went well lilly!

Starglow take it easy at work x

I had the HV come round today, she basically gave me a load of info leaflets and took down a bit of family background, talked through benefits of breast feeding and the support after baby.
She knew how to talk for england!
It was a bit crazy here as Paul was outside with his mate sorting out their bikes for the trackday, then my friend came round with her 2 kids. I said to her it's not normally this busy here!

So anyway Paul and I had a long chat last night, cleared the air etc. and he is away this evening in wales as he has said trackday tomorrow. So it's peacefully right now.

My inlaws are so lovely, they have offered to buy the wallpaper for our front room and they are coming round saturday to hang it. It's gonna look great.

Hope you are all ok xxx

Glad appointments all went well :)

Omg I'm actually wrecked! It gets to a point where I litterally can't carry on and have to put my feet up. I was out and walking about for about 2.5 hours. I refunded my primark nighties and bought more in bhs instead as they're a better fit on me.

The cot is up, mattress sheet on, mobile attached, stickers on wall, Moses basket all sorted. We have a major space issue! We've got an awful lot of decluttering of cupboards to do in order to fit everything in ( and we have a pretty large 2 bed apartment). It's mainly because oh insists on keeping the spare room as a spare room to accommodate guests till Christmas. So flipping annoying! We could have all bumps things set up in her room giving us a lot more living space. Arg.

The cot top changing board doesn't work for me :( it's too high when it's on the cot. Gonna see if mothercare will at least exchange it for a gift voucher. So it's gonna be changing baby on our bed on the changing mat. Luckily we bought a nappy changing storage box to hold everything. I really wanted a proper changing area but hey ho I'll just keep an entire room empty to accommodate guests! ( I sound like a bitch and of course I want family to stay but i'd also like to have the room for every day )

Nice to have everything out tho. Just the bouncer to unbox I think.

Wonder if my mw will tell me baby's size and weight this time. I don't see how as age has nothing but a dopler.

And I wonder what health vistitor will be like. Anyone had one visit then yet?

awwww thats fab news about your scan lilly! :)

starglow put you feet up and have a cuppa! sounds like youhave been very busy!

strawberry i have never had leaky boobs until after baby has been born! hope its not to embarrassing ! i remember when mine leaked and i had NO breast pads on! such an attractive look! :lol:

im sat bouncing on my ball as i have loads of pressure in my back! my ball is so comfy!

ailey im glad you and paul had a chat and cleared the air :)

i wonder if my HV will come before i give birth?

oo has anyone started taking the epo yet? i started mine today , im on 2 capsules a day aswell as the rlt :)

What's epo? Not using rtl yet.

Oohhh this is weird lying in bed with the cot beside me lol.

Ailey - did your hv look around your place at all? It doesn't bother me at all just interested. They all seem to vary so much.

The washing machine has been going all day! Ive finally got my little case out for hospital. Everything is lobbed in there at the mo but I'll get it packed properly tomorrow.

Ahhhhhh my belly button Is trying to go flat. So strange!

Strawberry - leaky nipples must be weird.

Night all. Sleep well xxx

Ps Lilly what's the verdict with your new name. Have u convinced oh yet? ( I think you're naming her after me lol)

Pps - if a pink nighty with a cupcake pattern had fitted me i'd have bought it for hospital today hehe!

Ps Lilly what's the verdict with your new name. Have u convinced oh yet? ( I think you're naming her after me lol)

hahaha Yes I guess I am!! Hmm I think I'll convince DH, showed him my ticker and how adorable it looks, he's not saying outright no way yet!

So in love with my little bambino, I can't wait to meet her :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

Morning all

Lilly glad your scan went so well and great news on dh loving your lo's name

Ailey sounds like your very busy too, glad the hv visit went well and your cleared the air

Strawberry aarggh that must be strange, I haven't leaked yet but had little bit of crusty bits in the earlier days.

It is strange having the cot up isn't it Starglow, we had our up in our room since Jan time I think so I'm used to it now we are storing things in it like the bouncer and bedding. Mothercare should exchange your cot top changer as I believe they have a good policy on returns, shame it's too high.
EPO is Oil Of Evening Primrose.
I have starflower oil hch I took one day before last they are 500mg equivalent of 1000mg epo and forgot yesterday, have also forgot to take RLT last two days also :blush: Should remember now I'm at home!

Lolley wow your been organised, I really need to have a kitchen/oven/fridge clean out now I'm off work.

My ankles have been swelling these last couple of days, I think the heat is the factor with that, not too badly noticable yet just to me and dh.

Well it's going to be a super sunny hot day today so we're going food shopping this am and mum and dad are coming over to sunbathe and have bbq here in our garden and going to stay over so they can enjoy a drink, going to probably go washing mad also and get baby's bedding washed :D Hayfever eurrghhh it's bad today! Prob as I've has all upstairs windows open all night!

Hope you all have good days today, enjoy the weather :coolio: xx

Ah sounds like a lovely day foxforce. Yes of course epo - baby brain lol.

One of my students is finishing her training in massage. With her tutor she's making me up some concoction of oils for hubby to massage me with when contractions start. Brings on a quicker labour according to them. Dying to see what they put together :)
I'm done in today. Pain hv is coming. Luckily hubby will be home to see mw With me. Thunk I'll need a sleep before friends arrive tonight. We're too tired to cook so ordering in pizza.

Oh foxforce my ankles and hands have been really swollen this whole trimester. And noticed by everyone lol. My wedding rings won't even go near my nuckle :(
Hope yours calms down.

Better get ready. back later x

No, starglow, she wasn't interested in the house.
She said it was cos all of the baby P stuff that they do visits before the baby is born, just to make sure you have a supportive network of friends and family. Which she said it sounds like I have :thumbup:

Another busy day again today! got a friend and her 2 boys coming over this mornng then going to my parents this evening as my auntie and uncle are down. Got a few calls to make and hopefully get 2 new tyres on my car.
I thought maternity leave was for resting!?

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->