****Summer Cupcakes Bump Buddies ~ 8 BABY GIRLS & 4 BABY BOYS BORN ****

the minimum we stay in hospital over here is 6 hours - hospital don't provide clothes or anything like that, but i also think 7 outfits in 24 hrs is way too much! really?!

I've packed 3 vests, 3 babygro's, going home outfit, 1 hat and one pair socks for her clothes

For me i've packed slippers, 2 nighties, 1 x nightgown, 3 pairs big knickers, 8 disposable knickers, maternity pads (thick and thin ones), 2 nursing bras

1 pack of newborn nappies

Wash wise for me i've packed traveller size shampoo/conditioner, lip balm, dry shampoo (a must!!) shower gel, face wash, moisturiser, hand sanitiser, makeup!!

Being in the cosmetic industry i have LOADS of all of this so yes it's new but otherwise i'd just throw my own stuff in or buy traveller size things from Boots.

for baby - cotton wool, wipes, sudocreme

Haven't packed going home clothes for me yet... not sure about this but probably just leggings and a big tshirt or a dress depending on weather!

We only live 5 mins from the hospital though so no problem if we forget/need anything.

i found it's cheaper (over here at least) to buy REUSABLE travel size bottles and then fill them up with your favorite products. just a thought.

i packed soap, shampoo, conditioner, mouthwash, moisturizer, basic makeup items, and a small body spray. in my purse i always have chapstick and hand sanitizer, although there's hand sanitizer all over the hospital and in every room. :)

Yes it is probably cheaper to do that Ashley - good idea!! ooh that reminds me, deodorant - i'll go pack that now.

My MIL thinks i'm super organised to have packed my hospital bag already.. but hello! I'm full term tomorrow!! it'd be a nightmare to rush around and pack things when you're contracting.

so cool that baby can arrive anytime from now :wohoo: :wohoo:

ive brought the little travel size of everything too! ive put vest tops and pjs in that im not wearing at the minute and i keep all my makeup and wash stuff in the bathroom in a bag anyway so when the time comes all ive got to do is chuck last few long tops tunics etc that im wearing in and some leggings and pick up bag outta the bathroom, bags are by the front door ready to go!! lol hoping not to have to stay in very long birthing centre is about 25 inutes away from our place depending on traffic.. the bigger main hospital about 30-40 minutes depending on traffic but hopfully will be okay in the birthing centre!! ive even wrote little sticky notes incase oh has to come home and grab anything... stuck one of the washing machine too incase he has too use that as he says its got too many buttons ... men :lol:

also i always forget to charge my phone and my chrger is usually plugged behind the dressing table in our bedroom but ive moved it into the front room by the laptop charger and keeping my phone charged up... just in case!!

haha deodorant. yes, i've packed that too. Actually, there are a few items that I did buy of travel size - deodorant for me and OH, and a travel size toothpaste. bought 2 cheap toothbrushes to take with us that we can just throw away. i also put in a small hairbrush, a couple of hairties and a loose elastic headband and put that in a small baggie. i always loose hairties or break them so i've packed a few and the headband in case my hair won't stay back so i don't get pissed off at it lol

i've packed nipple creme, a few breast pads, and bought a pair of cheap flip flops i can wear in the shower. for OH i have a baggie of change for the vending machine, a few redbulls, some painkillers, as well as 2 pairs of undies, 2 pairs of socks, lounge pants, and 2 t-shirts for him. I would feel awful if he had to sleep in his regular clothes and not get to take a shower! he said he doesn't care what i do or don't pack for him, but i think he will be very grateful when he realizes i was thinking of his comfort as well. :)

strawberry - good idea to keep your phone charged! i'll have to try to remember to keep mine charged as well, i've gotten lazy with it since i hardly use it anymore. I charged my video camera and digital camera, put them both in the bag, AND packed their chargers lol I'm thinking about maybe just sharing OH's phone charger and charging my phone during the day, and his at night - that way i can just pack my charger and not have to worry about trying to remember it. I plan on using my phone to play music from so I'll definitely be needing it plugged in at the hospital.

im terrible with my phone so thought id pop that on here incase anyones the same :lol:

ohs mum just dropped the cotbed mattress round thats all we were waiting for so ive just finished setting his room up :) love it

Ashley, sorry to hear you are having problems, hope things are a little brighter today.

I've not cooked any meals for the freezer, but keeping stuff in that is easy to cook, Paul is not great in the kitchen!

I've bought minature toiletries as they take up less room and I don't have to worry about needed to use them.
As for clothes to come in, I'll grab whatever I am not wearing before I leave for the hospital.
I've also been advised to take enrgy drinks in, so I have two bottles of lucozade in my bag.
I've got 3 outfits for baby and only 10 nappies, I'm not staying long and if I do happen to stay longer, I don't live far from the hospital.

I've been nesting big time today! My house is looking spanking and I just had a guy round cleaning our carpets. So they look lovely too.
Been sat enjoying the sun in the garden and the peace and quiet is lovely as Amber is at nursery and paul is working! bliss!

Don't forget cotton wool and a lunch box or tub to wash baby with. Also your relaxing cd's/ music etc. Mitts and bibs.

I'm only 2 mins from the hospital by car so as long as I have everything organised for hubby to bring if needed I should be ok. I've been told at my hospital if it's a smooth labour/ birth I'll be in one night as long as I'm ok and up to three nights after a c- section.

ive got cotton wool pads and some washable wipes as ive been using those for washing my face anyway as my skin is so sensitive flannels are making it red raw!! :(

its weird how much hospitals vary on staying times! ours seem to let you out as soon as possible if you had an easy birth friends od mine have been out around 3 hours after having their babies! you can choose to stay over night though

Ashley....... I missed your earlier post. Your oh sounds like he's being much better with you. I can't believe you're in so much pain....it's awful for you. Hope you're ok. We all have our up and down days and we're aloud :) xxx

Strawberry I'd like the breast feeding support at the hospital after but I'd also love to be back home in my own cosy bed.

yeah thats the only thing im worried about i want to atleast feed him before we leave i think il have to see how i feel at the time.. i haate hospitals at the best of times so quicker we can get out more relaxed we can all be which will probly help! im not too worried as my cousin is training to be a breastfeeding supporter so i can always get her round if we have troubles :)

very :D shes the only other person i know who has breastfeed she has 2 little boys one of which was 5 weeks early and still managed to get him on the boob so fingers crossed!

cant believe all our babies will be hee soon i cannot wait to hear how everyone gets on especially us first timers!!

my midwife has said as I was debating a homebirth, there is now reason why I can't just go home straight after delivery. All depends on how I feel and what time of day it is.

Strawberry,thanks for the reminder about the phone, must remember to keep it charged, and the camera too. I'm useless with my phone, never know where it is and if it's charged or got credit! must make a better effort!

ive just started getting things straight away if i remember something i havent done i go sort it out or if i cant at that moment i write it down and stick it to the fridge lol camera is already in the bag if need it betwenn then i tkae it out and out it back when finished again!

Lol girls ........ I'll tell you why later but please tell me which name you prefer :)

Lara Suzanne Hughes

Lara Bethan Hughes

:baby:

I also have small, travel toiletries. Plus I bought some cheap PJ's & underwear, and my 'going home' clothes are a pair of yoga/sweat pants and a sleeveless shirt, plus nursing bra. I also have a robe for sfter showering, etc. We're bringing two cameras (a small compact camera that can take video if we want it, plus a larger SLR for nicer quality pics!). As Ashley said, we also have a trash bag and a towel ready for the car in case water breaks!

The only things I'll need to grab before we leave are my Kindle (e-Reader) and my SLR camera, since those are things I still use on an almost-daily basis. Plus I'm planning on changing into the clothes/shirt I want to wear during the birth (tank top) before heading to hospital.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->