****Summer Cupcakes Bump Buddies ~ 8 BABY GIRLS & 4 BABY BOYS BORN ****

oooh yummy!! i havent baked for ages... not like me at all!!.. may have to do some soon

Aw mamafrica congrats hun!!!!! First cupcake. Wow. Dying to know what happened. Hope you and Naomi are doing well.

Lilly great idea about first page update :)

Omg.... What a long day. I'm wrecked.

Gonna chill. Back later x

I just got my weekly bump update and realize that 37 weeks = watermelon!! yay!

Congrats to everyone with their [almost] watermelons! :)

DH and I are leaving soon to attend the 'breastfeeding' evening at the hospital... hopefully we'll get some good advice :)

I feel like 3 watermelons! Bump has grown over night.

Have fun at Breast feeding x

I am also feeling mahoosive. Bump is moving lots and feels very heavy...

I'm also excited to hear Mama Afrika's birth story and what happened!! It makes it seem so close for the rest of us.

I had a very relaxing day today.. i'm biding my time before my onslaught of work next week.. i'll be posting from my dressing room absolutely shattered no doubt!

ooh lilly good luck at work make sure you dont overdo it!!

your all saying you feel huge and that youve got bigger but i feel like my bump has got smaller :/ should i be concerned? he is moving around loads and loads hes been on the go most the day so i know he is okay but even oh commented that bumped looked smaller... i think its cause its got lower... would that make it look smaller??

You could always call your mw and ask or book in with her.

I actually can't believe how bad I'm feeling. I'm annoyed I'm still working even tho I usually enjoy it till about 1ish by the time I'm finished I'm just done in :( I feel headachey, sick, very uncomfortable. Been in bed 4 hours already. Yet when I'm not working I'm fine, tired but fine. Boo

You should see me lol pregnancy pillow and four other pillows propping me up haha!

I really feel for you starglow, i couldn't imagine still working now. Paul laughs cos I have 6 pillows in bed to make me comfy!

Stawberry, bump probably looks smaller if it has dropped.

Amber and I baked jackflaps today as she calls them! They were lovely :)

congrats mama afrika!! can't wait to hear how it went!!

strawberry - i've heard from loads of people that if bump looks smaller it's because baby has dropped. OH's mother has told us that if my bump suddenly seems smaller it might mean labor is close!

full term tomorrow! i can't believe one of us has already given birth! hospital bag is done and i am SO ready for LO to be here! i spent a few hours cleaning my bedroom today, it was an absolute disaster. i don't sleep in my bedroom, i sleep in OH's room, but all my clothes and school things are in my room and were just thrown around everywhere. i always just keep the door shut so i don't have to look at it lol never spend more than 10 minutes in there so i just never clean it up haha so nice to see it look like an actual room though, and will be useful to have it cleaned if i decide to have my mom stay in my house for the first few nights after LO is born. not sure on that yet, she has her own house she usually stays at when she comes to visit, but it's about 30 minutes away.

Ashley it feels good doesn't it when you get it all cleared. I have 2moro bar 2 hours working and all Saturday where I plan to clear out one of three of our bedroom wardrobes for baby. Hubby is looking after other storage space to be cleared out. Can't wait to get it done. One chest of drawers just isn't enough for little one.

So today I'm at the college teaching 9-2.30 Then I'll have a gap at home to rest/ nap I hope before teaching at 5- 6 30. So hopefully a better day than yesterday. Then ill only have next Wednesday at the college to do along with a bit of teaching at home. Bring on next Thursday when I'm finished. Can't wait.

It took me Ages to get to sleep yesterday.

Interesting playing the piano all day with such bloated fingers lol. By the last lessons my fingers seaze up and won't work. Students rhinks it's funny lol! Ouch.

One thing I didn't miss over half term was all the comments I receive at work. Even people in the canteen feel the need to comment. And why do people think that I should've had the baby by now when ice still got over 3 weeks till due date. People are funny. Plus I think we are aloud to say we're waddling but it's rude when others say it To us lol. Amazing how my real friends and my family are so lovely about my changed shape. Waffle waffle waffle.

Have a great day everyone.

Lilly I'd give serious thought to working next week. I LOVE what I do and I'm telling you this is REALLY hard.

Starglow - - i know... i am getting a bit apprehensive about it and so is my DH. I get paid daily so even if I do one or two days it will be good money wise. I'm just going to have to see how I feel on the day. BUT i read on the main board it's a full moon on the 15th June which apparently is always statistically busy on maternity wards!! And that's the day I start work!
Also another huge fear of mine is my waters breaking on public transport. ICK> I'm cabbing it back each night but taking the tube there (if I can)

I am worried though.

I'm going to visit my friend today who was due yesterday!! I really don't want to go overdue by too much. I think I might ask at my 38 week app if I can book a sweep in on my due date if I've not had LO yet.

Does anyone else feel that you're just playing a waiting game now? It's almost like the calm before the storm. Strange feeling!

Good morning ladies!

So DH and I went to a bf'ing info evening at the hospital last night. It was more or less a repeat of information I already know (even DH didn't feel that he learned much!) but I met another English-speaking girl there (which is unusual, since everything is in Dutch!) and we exchanged info, so it will be nice to keep in touch. The only thing I 'learned' and found helpful was that they recommend introducing a bottle (i.e. pumping and in a bottle) by around 6 weeks so that when most mothers go back to work (in NL is generally around 12 weeks after birth) babies will be used to being bottle fed as well. I hadn't given it much thought before now...

And re: cleaning-- Ashley/Starglow, I know how you feel! I haven't yet taken the time to REALLY clean things up, but I'm hoping to do so soon!

Starglow/Ashley- good luck with the last few days of working :)

After I woke up this morning I was getting mild period-like cramps for about 10 minutes... and I started getting REALLY excited, thinking it HAD to be a good sign! :haha: then they stopped (sigh). Ah well. Lilly, I definitely agree... the calm before the storm!

deffinatly a waiting game now huh!! hoping he doesnt take too long to come i really dont wanna go overdue either!

well was gonna have a chill out day today but gotta go out get few bits and oh's dad is staying with us for a few days at last minute so got a little bit of cleaning to do!

thanksgirls who replied about my bump being smaller think it deffo has dropped!! hoping he is engaged when i see the midwife monday!! sometimes the way he is pushing his head down makes me feel like im gonna pee or my waters are gonna go!! :lol:

Ahhhhh a paid beak nice :) I'm in a big airy room with a grand piano today so it's quite nice.

The work thing - the thing is when we're at hike pottering about, filing our time how we want to, we can take rests when we need them. When working we just can't and it takes it's toll. I wouldn't work this late next time. I think working till 38 weeks in mad now I know what it's like lol. As my mw said we have to listen to our bodies. See how you feel Lilly.

I'm trying not to look at This as a waiting game but I know what you mean. I feel apprehensive alright. I just want to finish working now and have some me time before bump arrives. My sister was just about to start maternity leave 3 weeks before her due date when she was rushed into hospital to have her baby there and then. It's in the back of my mind !

Right gotta get back to teaching now. Another hour lunch then 90 mins till I'm done x

starglow - i bet you can't wait to finish now! take it as easy as possible.

I am at home waiting for the midwife to visit she said between 10-12 so could be anytime and last time she came to my house she was an hour late :wacko: she is supposed to be doing my normal ante natal and my birth plan, well now we know i dont need much in the birth plan so should be just what do you want to happen to baby after section ie cleaning or dh to hold etc and do i intend to breast feed etc so shouldn't be too long.

After that i am popping into work :( apparently they are having problems with the printer scanner (bloody stupid people) i went through it all several times before i left and wrote a 2 page instruction leaflet for them lol. Although it will be nice to see some of the girls :)

everyone is cleaning :) at least its not just me, i didnt finish our bedroom untill 11pm last night lol my own fault as i am clearing everything as i am going along my bins and charity bags have never been so full. Also the boys summer fayre at school are going to be very lucky this year with all the things i have for them :)

hi ladies! i have felt like poo for the last 2 days! i have a stinking cold and i cant breathe properly plus i have had the runs again! i keep getting like a sharp stinging in my cervix which makes me shout out, and baby will not keep still! he is constantly on the move! last night i think he actually had to give up moving across because there was no room and it felt like he was about to rip my stomach in half! my heartburn is at an all time bad! its so severe that on monday i couldnt eat a thing all day as the acid was literally coming up my throat into my mouth! i havent slept properly so i just feel like i have no energy to do anything! yesterday i decided i was going to walk everywhere to see if i could anything started ! i walked 5 miles but then my back decided to give way! OMG im turning into an old lady! right gotta shoot need to pick up jack from nursey! sorry for thr moan! :lol:

Hugs hch....... It's crappy when you feel rotton.

Huuuuuuummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm??????? Bump was moving yesterday loads and loads. Haven't felt her move today. Just had lunch so ill prod now. If she still hasn't moved I'll be calling the hospital number to go get checked

Hugs hch....... It's crappy when you feel rotton.

Huuuuuuummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm??????? Bump was moving yesterday loads and loads. Haven't felt her move today. Just had lunch so ill prod now. If she still hasn't moved I'll be calling the hospital number to go get checked

Also thanks lolley...can't wait to finish. It's study leave week so it's nice and quiet which is a bonus.

Itsy good luck with mw

Where's fox force? X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"