****Summer Cupcakes Bump Buddies ~ 8 BABY GIRLS & 4 BABY BOYS BORN ****

look at you girls all baking away! im so rubbish at baking! i just said to lee i wish i could make some flapjacks!

ailey under 3 hours would be fabulous!

starglow i would go shoppping :lol:

mmmmm all this talk of food, i am also rubbish at baking and i looooove flapjacks :)

my section is booked for the 22nd, need to be there at 8am and apparently im booked in as first yay! , i have to go in for my pre op on the 20th i think it around 10ish without looking.

Lolley, I'll only just be on maternity leave by then lol you'll be having your baby! My first day of no work at all is Friday next week. Cannot wait. I'm booking a few things for while I'm off but I'm really looking forward to resting and having time to myself. I'll see a few good friends.

I agree..... Think i'll shop tomorrow...... Not up for a day mingling with loads of peeps.

Question - are any of you buying a waterproof mattress protector or sheet incase your waters break in bed? I have a memory foam tempura mattress which would be ruined if it got wet. Should get one really.

Also... Those of you that bought the stretchy nursing bra's , where did you buy them from? I've been in mother care all through since week 6.

i also have one of those matresses but my waters have never broken at home! just on hospital floors! :lol: i wonder if i should get one ?

happy full term starglow! I'm also excited about labour and i've been through it before.. i'm sure our brain blocks out certain painful memories though :haha: It's just seeing your baby at the end that's so amazing and makes you want to do it again!

i'm not buying a mattress protector - your waters don't generally gush out like a waterfall, they're like a constant heavy trickle (mostly!) so you'll have time to jump up .. unless you;re sleeping... I would think waste of money, why don't you sleep on a towel instead?

Lolley - ooh how exciting for your section on the 22nd... i wonder if anyone will beat you to it otherwise you're the next cupcake in line!

Glad everyone else is good too, making me hungry with all the baking talk!

Aaah the name saga - i'll wait for foxforce to clear this up!! And mama afrika's name? I have a Tanya on my FB that i'm sure is a cupcake!! I'm well confused. :wacko:

foxforce is claire, but she is on twitter and not facebook.

I'm not bothering with waterproof mattress protector. I had my waters broken for me last time, but i was induced then...I do has some disposable bed mats from Amber's potty training, could always use those if I thought it would happen.

lolley, how exciting that you know baby will be here on the 22nd!

I've had the runs today :( I've read it can be your body preparing for labour from around 36 weeks.

I feel the waterproof sheet is such a waste of money but then I have a very expensive bed. Hoping my waters will go when I'm on the loo lol. Very convenient.

Tucked up all cosy in bed. It's lovely. And yep I'm dropping hubby to football tomorrow and then going shopping. Yay. I'll go support him later in the day as I'll collect him and pop in a bit before it all ends.

awww starglow i have had the runs on and off too! and only just making it to the toilet! i just hope it doesnt happen while im out!

Ps I can't wait to be in normal clothes again. And for the swelling to go down.....hope doesn't take too long. Awwwwww and to wear my wedding rings again :)

its very yuck! and comes when your least expecting it too!

I have a waterproof cover on my bed my matress is the same and too expensive to ruin, but I didn't need to buy the cover as my mom works in a respite home so she got it for me (brand new not used lol). My waters did go with Jake but luckily on the toilet at 3am lol I will leave the cover on though until I stop bleeding as even after my section I was very heavy and leaked a lot.

I reckon we will have at least 1 more cupcake here before mine

starglow and hch hope you're feeling better today.

Had really bad sleep last night, I woke at 2.30 and couldn't get back to sleep so at 5.30 I woke paul up for a bit of:sex: went straight of after that! :blush::haha:

Nothing planned for today, wet and windy here.

Isn't an awful day! Hubby will come back a right state later today after his football. No way I was gonna hang out in the rain all day. He's got the car so I have the excuse to stay home and relax. I just need to declutter some storage space and I'll be able to chill out. If the weather clears up I may walk but it looks doubtful.

Yep I had a crappy night too. Altho when I did get to sleep I slept well, woke at 5am but fell back to sleep till 8. Omg the heartburn was unreal last night combined with sick. It's horrible plus bh lol. I hope when real contractions start we don't have heartburn along With it!

Aw hubby thinks baby will arrive late!!!!!! Nooooooooooooo! ( it's cause his birthday is 9th July lol and he'd love the same birthday. ) poor child needs her own date preferably in June lol :)

What's everyone up to today

bad nights sleep here too! bloody heartburn had me throwing up in the toilet at 1am it was pure acid and my throat kills today! poor lee didnt know what to do! not doing much today! lee is making our dinner later and i may pop to the shops for some flapjacks! ;)

hahaha go ailey! i couldnt stomach the thought of having any rumpy pumpy after last night!but it will be on the cards soon! :lol:

aww, that's not good hch and starglow.

It's very unlike me to wake up paul, but needs must and all that, he weren't complaining!

just been asleep on the sofa this morning snuggled with the cat. must get up and showered, feel so lazy!

I know lol I'm more relaxed today and getting through housework bit by bit in-between watching teen mom lol and eating! I just have to take it slowly and try not to beat myself up over it. If hubby has any energy I'm hoping he'll help later but he's barely had a weekend so I won't push it. I have time next week to carry on slowly sorting storage out. My nesting thing has been going on for months now!!!

Amazing when I take my pregnancy pillow away we automatically go back to snuggling up in bed. Always have done but that pillow divides us up lol

Hi ladies!

I also had a bad night! hch- I also woke up around 1am (NL time) due to heartburn and spent 15 minutes throwing up in the toilet (barely made it!). I felt better afterwards though. Got up early b/c I couldn't sleep longer than 6:30am (and was hungry!). Made blueberry pancakes :D

Ailey- haha, good for you! I've been trying to convince myself to 'get in the mood' to hope it will help things along a bit.

DH was checking the weather radar this morning and goes, "hey look, see that enormous dark patch of clouds? It's covering the entire U.K." so I thought of most of you ladies when I heard that. It rained a bit here but now it's sunny!

Starglow- good luck cleaning things up and resting! Don't blame you for not wanting to sit in the rain and be social. I've actually been feeling REALLY anti-social for a few weeks now. I don't mind visiting/hanging out with people, but I just can't be bothered to respond to e-mails, texts, etc. Blah.

We're spending the day cleaning up/rearranging things as well. It's great to have a whole weekend with no plans and just time to do whatever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->