****Summer Cupcakes Bump Buddies ~ 8 BABY GIRLS & 4 BABY BOYS BORN ****

Thanks me too. I'm useless when I'm feeling crappy. Id be ok if I could climb Into bed with a film but I've gotta stay awake and alert to teach lol. Oh dear. I'm being moany lol. Hopefully it'll pass.

wow chatty this morning! I love having lots of posts to catch up on :)

Well I'm back from the dreaded wax!!! And it wasn't that bad actually, been going to her for years and i was just like "Tracy, be gentle with me I'm more scared of this than the actual labour!" I do feel a lot better now and ready for birth :yipee: I didn't have as much off as I usually do though.

sorry some of you have been feeing rough.. me too a bit. These last few weeks are tough aren't they. I just feel very fat, frumpy, hot and bothered. This morning DH said to me "your bums grown a bit in the last week hasn't it?" I nearly cried!!!! Then we figured out he said "BUMP" not bum.. hahahaha, I was really upset for about 10 mins. I said to him, baby how can you say that to me even if it IS big! Poor guy :haha:

Foxforce glad you had a great time at the wedding.
Strawberry - great news re your LO being engaged! you might be the next cupcake!

SO girls I'm thinking of updating the title of the thread now some of us are having babies - something along the lines of 2 BABIES BORN.. or something, what do you think? Does anyone know how I update the title? I'll try figure it out.

i think its a great idea lilly although i dunno how you do it :lol:

poor you bet your oh felt a bit guilty after!

yay managed to work it out, have edited first page of thread and title as we have our babies! xx

Looks good Lilly :D

I feel really groggy and sickly today, think it must be the busy weekend catching up. Wanted o get ome bits done today but have just been on the sofa all day!

Hope your feeling better Starglow x

Great news on your lo been engaged Strawberry :thumbup:

Must be something in the air today Foxforce. I've given up on doing any sorting of wardrobes today. Still feel rubbish. Hope you're feeling better soon.

I've been in touch with a top nursery locally hoping to go visit and enrole baby for Jan 2012. Need to check out fees of course and how it works with half terms. Lots of them charge even If you don't have your child there for half terms. As I'm a teacher I don't work three months of the year andhardly want to pay for childcare.

Hubby did say we don't need me to go back to work which is great but coming away from my career now would make it very hard to get back into a few years down the line. Or girls am I being silly??????? Should I worry about that years down the line lol?

bluestarlight - congratulations!!!

full moon theory basically says the way the moon's gravity controls the tides, it can control the body, since we're made up of 80% water. Also, I've heard if there's a big storm coming in a lot of women go into labor. *checking the weather* well, i've got "isolated thunderstorms" in the forecast for wed, doubt it'll be enough to put me in labor. :nope: ......i live in the lightning capital of the country, and we get a LOT of storms during the summer ("hurricane season"). When I took my childbirth class, the woman told us that they really DO see a lot more women come in with their water broken when we have a storm. Says it's likely due to the severe change in pressure, and sometimes women can even HEAR their water breaking! like a big "pop". she said she didn't believe one woman who came in and said she heard her water break, thinking no one can actually hear it when it happens. but then she was with another woman a few hours later whose water broke right in front of her and it was a distinct pop!

I totally agree you will find it hard to leave your career Starglow but at the same time it would be great to be home with baby, it's good you have the option, see how you feel after first few months. I know I won't want to go back to work as I work shifts but needs must with money etc and I won't be going back full time.

Well my bump has been moving side to side constantly for a while now, like hiccups but quicker and gentler, a swaying action ....not sure whats making baby move like this, want to know whats going on in there!

Foxforce I always wanted to be a stay at home mum as i loved growing up having my mum home with me. I suppose I have options........ I can still take a further 3 months of just state maternity pay ( which is only £123 a week ) and then a further 3 months off unpaid and still go back to work. My baby would be 14 months old by the time I'd be going back to work in sept 2012. I'm thinking out loud here but i suppose I won't know until I have my baby and had the 6 months with her as to how I'll feel. .

Anyhooooooo enough about me.

That's crazy stuff Ashley......so which of the cupcakes waters will go this Wednesday then lol? Xxxxxxxxx

Apparently it could be baby doing practice breathing in-utero

Have a read of this blog . . . . .https://talkbirth.wordpress.com/2010/05/15/in-utero-practice-breathing/#comment-2154

Yes I'm due to go back to work after state maternity pay end of March after some leave I have, I could take a further 3 months unpaid also, we said we would assess our budget nearer the time.

I think Wednesday could be interesting for us from what Ashley is saying

i love being A sahm :) i wasnt a sahm with callum and i felt i missed out on everything he did! i worked full time and he was in childcare. when i fell pregnant with jack , lee said he would like me to be at home and not at work so i finished work at 37 weeks pregnant and have been a sahm ever since! i have loved every minute of it and im very fortunate that lee has a excellent job and can support us all. i will look to go back to work when this baby is at full time school. in the mean time im looking at doing a nursing course which will fit in around the kids .

starglow i think its how you feel after a few months of being at home , you may want to go back to work or you my not want too , i think you should see how you feel :D xxx

is wednesday going to be the day we all go into labour! how freaky would that be!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->