****Summer Cupcakes Bump Buddies ~ 8 BABY GIRLS & 4 BABY BOYS BORN ****

Oooh I got a free Real Nappy starter kit from my local council today, it has;
a bucket with lid, bamboo Little Lamb, All in One Pop In one size (looks nice), pre-fold original with waterproof wrap and a pack of liners.
Quite chuffed with it and feel better as only had bought one re-usable so far!

Wonder how Flybee is doing not heard of her for a while have we?

Anyone bouncing on a birthing ball? I started to yesterday, is it supposed to help baby engage and help strengthen legs muscles for birth?

starglow, you have to do what you feel is right when it comes to going back to work. I had a year off with Amber and was ready to go back to work for some adult company. Will just have to see how it goes this time.

I have an exercise ball but rarely use it cos I like to slob on the sofa.

i'm lucky with my job in that I can choose my days so i actually plan on going back maybe in October for a few jobs here and there, maybe one or two a month and just take it slowly. I hope to be back part time by the time LO is one year old.

Foxforce yes I've got a birthing ball, only just got one from my friend - I actually love sitting on it and am on it a lot as at my scan LO was posterior which is not ideal for a good labour! My DS just loves having a giant ball in the living room though, keep having to tell him off!

OOooohh excited about Wednesday girls - can you imagine!! I wonder how many ladies will go into labour on the main board too :haha:

wow lots of posts i was on this morning and my phone has decided to stop giving me updates so i had 4 pages to catch up on :wacko:

fab title Lilly :thumbup:

i have also had a yucky day and not done a lot, i planned to do a few things and have not done a single thing, oh well there is always tomorrow!

i agree with the other ladies on going back to work, i think you will decide when you have been at home a while, you may just want to go back part time so you get the balance of adult conversation and time with your baby.

hmmm wednesday sounds very interesting

Chatty today!

I think it would be great if we all went into labour on Wednesday! I'm more than ready!

Starglow- I agree with the others about going back to work-- see how you feel and make that decision whenever you're ready! And I hope you're feeling better now!

My maternity leave is 16 weeks total and I will be returning on October 3rd for full time (but I'll be working from home 2 days a week). I can always cut back after that, so I'll figure it out then :)

Lilly- great idea to update the title!

I'm heading to bed... my feet are ENORMOUS! I have a tattoo on one foot and my SIL just joked that it has doubled in size. Tomorrow I'm taking my BIL and MIL to the airport to pick up BIL's girlfriend who has been in Australia for the past 9 months. I have to LEAVE home at 5am! :dohh: I am not a morning person :haha:

Have a great evening ladies!

Good morning everyone!

It's 4:38am! I actually had to wake up and use the toilet shortly after 4 and figured I might as well get up while I could!

So last night I finally DTD :sex: with DH... and for 30 minutes afterwards LO went CRAZY and had a bunch of pains in cervix. Now... absolutely nothing! *sigh* Ah well... maybe it will help prepare for Wednesday...? ;-)

Hope everyone has a good day!

morning ladies! happy 38 weeks to us that are today woohoo!!!
I can't believe there's only 2 weeks left, well technically we COULD have another 4, eeek, hope not. Sometimes i find it totally surreal that I will have an actual baby in 2 weeks time, doesn't seem real!

Itsy wow bet you were counting on labour to start right! we haven't had :sex: for ages now, maybe it's time to start to get things going (especially now i've had my wax :haha:)

I've got my MW app today. She said i could cancel it if i wanted as i had the dr's last week but i want to ask her about a sweep on my due date and also these sharp stabbing cervix pains which are now happening EVERY night and are very uncomfortable. Anyone else still getting these? They feel like they're getting worse.

Looks like a lovely day outside, hope it doesn't rain for once :winkwink:

Morning

I'm at mw at 9.15 so just having a coffee then get ready. Good for you Itsy fx'd! Dh and I DTD last Thursday but I want us to maybe try it more to see if it helps.

Pains in my cervix have eased unfortunately Lilly wish i did have them.

Supposed to be a great day weather wise today, hope you all enjoy it xx

Lilly & Foxforce- good luck with the mw today! I have an appointment on Friday and also want to ask what the 'policy' is on getting a sweep near due date. My mw was all for it but now that I'm seeing a consultant they seem less likely to want to interfere. Lilly, let us know what your mw says!

Just got back from the airport... and am going to take a nap! :) Hope everyone enjoys the weather--it's beautiful here as well!

Great weather = washing on line lol. Omg I'm getting old haha!

Big difference in my energy this week - still very low. Anyway as I've already done the work I have today off. :) loads to do tho. But later we're off for the nursery tour and have friends popping over this evening.

Hubby listened to bumps heartbeat with just his ear this morning. He can hear her crystal clear. Amazing really.

Yeap meant to be sunny south UK all day. Yay. I love summer and can't actually believe it's mid June!

Re sex- I don't fancy the pain after! Hubby thinks he'll hurt baby!!!

20 mins chilling and then I'll get going with everything.

Hope you're all ok. Lilly good luck with mw

Morning all!

Good luck with the MW those who have appointments. Mine is tomorrow.

I'm not up to much today. Going to see a friend later.

WEATHER LOOKS PROMISING! oops caps!

hope all your mw appointments go well girlies and happy 38weeks to those of you who are today!!

im knackered today didnt sleep much just wasnt tired so having a slob out on the sofa day today :)

Lol I'm still on the sofa haha! Baby girl is moving lots which is lovely. Can't believe its just over 2 and half weeks for me and I'm the furthest due date away!

well never know she may be earlier!!! i should probably get out and go for a walk or something today but just seems like way too much effort :lol:

Ooh ooh ooh wait for it - wash is on, I've got up and made yummy food (involving tuna of course lol), my legs may just take me to get showered next and then to go get nursing bra's. :)

I'm back .....all was well, baby was wriggling away while mw was having a feel, unfortunately baby is not in my pelvis yet. I had my induction booked for 7/7/11!!! I don't go back until I'm due now so 2 weeks time unless something happens fx'd!

I asked my midwife about stretch and sweep weeks ago she said they won't do it until 40 weeks.

Happy 38 weeks to us that are, good luck Lilly @ your mw appointment.

Just got some washing in lol enjoy the weather and relaxing ladies, I think we are destined to be tired constantly now :(

glad all was well hun :) i dont see midwife until 29th-due date now either! hoping i wont have to see her and would have had him by then lol

Thanks! Have you got an induction booked yet? Well she called it a post appointment - I had to ask what it was :blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->