****Summer Cupcakes Bump Buddies ~ 8 BABY GIRLS & 4 BABY BOYS BORN ****

wow, that's very soon! wasn't your last appt the day before mine? my next appt isn't until the 24th and they actually didn't even tell us if we were getting an ultrasound! can't wait to find out what you're having!
i had a dream the other night that i was holding a baby boy but... he was really FAT! very very heavy, difficult to hold. He was already a few months old but man i'd never held such a heavy child! OH and I are both very thin so I don't really see how we'd have a fat kid lol

hey everyone :) I'm much happier here in the pregnancy forums! yay. Yeah we should def stick together, will be so cute once our babs are born and we can post pictures!!

FLGAL your'e the first for a gender scan!!! i'm 4 days after you.. what do you think your'e having?

Starglow - I am STILL at work boo, I finish at 9.30. I don't watch Enders but have been advised by everyone not to! Some weird baby storyline going on?? Anyway glad your app went well. Mine's not til the 18th!

I am feeling little bean moving around a lot now, very light flutters VERY light... but it is amazing, I can't wait for the proper kicks!

Aw lilly that's amazing you can feel little flutters. Are they very obvious to you? Interested to know so I'll know what to look out for. I don't know how you're working at night. Poor you.

I can't believe I've been eating crisps. I never eat crisps yet im loving them dipped in Philadelphia cheese :) made a proper homemade egg Mayo sandwich for lunch which was so good. Ooohhhh it's nice being able to eat after weeks at the start of plain toast.

X

Good morning everyone.

Day off for me today.:happydance: Gonna do some exercise this morning, first time in two months! I have a hair cut booked early afternoon so I'll mix that with some shopping. Nice day off. Gonna take it easy.

Everyone ok so far? :thumbup:

Lol I had someone touch my belly at work yesterday. A male friend. I don't mind I just think it's really strange. Just remembered that.

Back in a bit xxx

Good morning!

Starglow, sounds like you have a fantastic day ahead of you! Glad that the energy levels are back up enough to let you exercise :) Now that I've been feeling better as well (nausea is now only literally in the morning, a big improvement!) I'm hoping to pick my pre-pregnancy routine back up (or close to it). Enjoy your day off!

I'm wary about the belly-touching! I've never felt comfortable having my belly touched (not even by DH) but now I don't mind him doing it... but I think I might flip out if someone I didn't know or know well just started touching it. My bump isn't that obvious yet to people who don't know me, so I don't think it will be a problem for a few more weeks/months :)

I have an appointment with the mw tonight! I'm hoping we'll schedule the gender scan... yay!

Hi Hun.
Ah good luck with your midwife today.

It is so strange that people feel they can just touch you! I wasn't expecting him to pat my belly but in a way it's such a friendly thing. Maybe it's a compliment that he feels he knows me well enough. It used to drive my sister mad!

Actually what I find more annoying is that suddenly your body is public and people feel the need to comment on you. I've always been self conscious about my weight. I'm always careful about my diet and feel great when I'm slim. Obviously now I'm not dieting and Having people saying silly comments about my shape is awful. I'm trying to ignore it as my baby is more important to me than peoples insensitive comments.

I never pat friends bumps or comment on their body shapes. The only bump I've patted is my sisters and that was her grabbing my hand to feel a kick :)

When I was pregant with my daughter it was like I was public property, everyone gave me their opinion, had a feel of my bump etc. I didn't like it at all!!

I might get a t-shirt that says hands off the bump! I used to find my tops got filthy because of all the touching!

Hi ladies, sorry to intrude but I just wanted to let you all know that I've been following your journeys. I posted on the 'due 28th June' thread back in November but sadly had a miscarriage at 11 weeks on 7th December. I've still followed this thread though as you've moved into 2nd tri as it gives me hope that next time will be different for me, I know a lot of you have experienced losses in the past and you inspire me that I'll be having all the conversations that you're having now in years/months to come when we're ready to try again.

Hope you don't mind me stalking you! :hugs: All the best for the remainder of your pregnancies xxxx

so sorry hun :hugs:

as the other ladies said your always welcome here and if it helps you then even better :)

Hope you get your bfp soon and im sure you will find some lovely ladies to share your journey with :flower:

Starglow- glad you apt went well yesterday :)

Itsy- hope your goes is good tonight and you get to book your scan :)

afm - i am now feeling flutters occasionally :) but its only been once or twice. Im a little bigger than some of you skinny girls here so it will be a little harder to feel.
Also were going shopping tomorrow babies r us have a huge sale on, so were going to have a look. We have seen a huge steriliser set with absolutely evrything in reduced from £119 to £49 so think we will be getting that :) also have a general nosey.

That sale sounds great lolley.

My mw appointment went well thanks. Only heard heart beat twice for seconds as lo is lying far back but mw was happy :)

Woohoo I just did my exercise ( walker thingy ).... Only managed 15 mins till I started feeling ikky but funnily enough my lower back pain went away. Ill add five mins each day. I used to do 30-60 mins daily depending on what time I had. Phew tho. Felt good.

Well I went for a haircut and have ended up getting my colour done too. I'm usually very blonde but pregnancy is making my hair very dry. So I'm getting a light blonde, caramel and light chocolate through it so hopefully it'll get more shine and look healthier. Yay :) sad I know!!!!.... But I think it's nice to pamper ourselves a bit while we can and while our bodies are changing so much. Can't wait to see how it turns out now.

Nice day. Hardly done anything which is bliss.

ive had busy day today!! lots of kiddies in and they all like prodding the bump as they know ive got a baby in there!! lol

Hi girls! Ahh i'm at work too just wiling away the hours online.

So me and DH had the most amazing doppler experience (thought i was gonna say something else didn't you naughty girls!! :haha:) Listened to baby's heartbeat, was SO loud and it kept moving away and then back again, super loud I could hear hammering even! And we also heard movements.. like swooshy sounds as if baby was moving their arms and legs around.. it was just so amazing!!! I never had a doppler with my son and also was so young I think I just breezed through that pregnancy without a thought - i'm a bit obsessed this time!

Anyway great news we got our blood results back from the Down's test and we're all clear, I have a one in 5400 chance which is pretty good for 33 years old they say. YAY!

Starglow, I know what you mean about the weight - i'm usually slim (i'm 5'9 and usually 9 stone10) but i've put on quite a bit, i'm now 10stone 4 - it's still normal range for my height and i look fine but my hips have just gone woooooshhhh - they are much wider! i've literally just put weight on hips boobs and thighs (and bump of course). i quite like it at the moment as i feel quite curvy!!

hope everyone is having a good Friday! wish i could be excited about the weekend but i'm working BOOO!

lilly your a work aholic!!!! take some time off girl!!!
i know what you mean about the swooshing sounds sounding like its bub moving though its amazing!!

aww lilly that was quick! did you have your bloods done the same day as me?

im worried about mine as im 30 this year! congrats tho! a huge wait off your mind xx

Aw lilly that's amazing you can feel little flutters. Are they very obvious to you? Interested to know so I'll know what to look out for. I don't know how you're working at night. Poor you.

I can't believe I've been eating crisps. I never eat crisps yet im loving them dipped in Philadelphia cheese :) made a proper homemade egg Mayo sandwich for lunch which was so good. Ooohhhh it's nice being able to eat after weeks at the start of plain toast.

X

ooo i had a egg mayo sandwich yesterday with tomatos! had craved it all day and i want one now!!

Hey girlies

hope your all well ? I had a days leave today to make a nice long weekend and boy was I glad as we had such a dump of snow grrr

Great stuff on the doppler Lilly sounds amazing! I'm sure I'd be addicted too

Totally with you on the weight thing also, I'm 5'5 and 8st8oz UK size 8 I dare not look on the scales at the moment, I have a bum for the first time my boobs have just about grown out of my d cup bra I bought 3 weeks ago and I have thunder thighs for sure to go with my hips!! Everyone commenting on how curvy I have become lol

Starglow hope you like you new hair do, sounds lovely. We do need our treats from time to time, I'm trying to grow my hair now but decided to lighten mine up last month as seemed so dark and I'm so pale if no make up on - more so since being pregnant

MrsMbump fx'd for you for your bfp soon. Really nice comment from you :flower:

A couple of my friends have given me quite a few bits this week which was lovely; baby sling, another steriliser, hand knitted blankets, books amongst other things. Oh and we ordered our pram and car seat today :happydance:

Can't wait to feel more movement had more aches and twinges this week which I think is normal with the ligaments needing to stretch more :shrug:

Hope you all have a nice weekend, any plans? xx

doing nothing this weekend bliss!!!!

had one of my reusable nappies delivered today!! cant wait to put them on bub!! other than that i got pictures for the nursery too :)

ive had aches twinges this week things must deffinatly be stretching in there!! cant wait to feel bub move

I haven't bought a SINGLE thing for baby yet. the nursery room is filled with stuff we don't have any other place for. I feel awkward when i'm in a store and pass by the baby section, i just don't know what to get, and feel like i'm not even pregnant :( plus if OH is in the store with me i'll stare and smile at him and he just tells me no and steers me away from the section.

go out and shop without him :D our nursery currently has tables and chairs in it and the moses basket the room is tiny ive measured it out and we can fit cot bed and wardrobe in there but dresser is going to have to go in the hallway lol!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->