****Summer Cupcakes Bump Buddies ~ 8 BABY GIRLS & 4 BABY BOYS BORN ****

Hi ladies!

re: friends... I think I'm actually the opposite of what most of you have been saying. If anything, my friends are MORE attentive and interested now that I'm pregnant! And I've become this e-mail hermit who just can't seem to find the motivation to reply to ALL the e-mails I get. I'm constantly sending e-mails back a month after I get them with apologies for my lateness. Everyone is being really friendly, and people are sending us gifts overseas (since most of my friends are in the U.S.) and I feel quite overwhelmed at how much time/effort it takes to keep in contact with everyone. I'm really trying though, and it's one reason I love FB because it's an easy way to keep in contact 'in between' the e-mails to let ppl know I haven't forgotten about them!

Lilly- great idea about updating with names :) I remember seeing FLGAL on the main board a few weeks ago, so I think she's still lurking around BnB but no idea if she checks this. Has she been on since we moved locations? Maybe she's lost us?

hch- hope you feel better soon hun :( It's okay to be moany! I moan to DH all the time :haha: He's constantly telling people how glad he is not to be a woman (or in any case, not able to be pregnant!)

Ashley- hope your OH isn't TOO put out! My LO has also stopped 'responding' to being poked, etc. He's not moving as much, and I keep trying to convince him that he'd be WAY more comfortable in his own bed... he just needs to come out! ;)

oh and re: full moon... As far as I'm aware, the moon should be full in the entire northern hemisphere (just at different times depending on time zone, etc). So we're all expecting a full moon tonight!

yay :) will be interesting to see if the full moon works on any of us hmm!! hope it does

Morning all!
It's been a busy one here, been to see the midwife. All is fine with me and baby. She thinks baby is going to be long as her legs are right round the other side. Not surprising really since Amber was really long too.
Amber and I then went to the garden centre to 'jungleland' (a little indoor greenhouse with a scary pretend leopard and other animals and fish) then we had a milkshake in the cafe and on to the tropical fish shop where I bumped into the health visitor and her grand daughter.
Just got back from tesco now with some ingredients to make shortbread. Yum!
Out for dinner tonight with the inlaws to celebrate their anniversary.

Hch, hope you are feeling better now.

Fingers crossed the full moon does help at least one of us!

I can't be having my baby this weekend. MIL is in Cornwall and she is supossed to be having Amber. Mym mum and Dad are moving my sister to Plymouth and my mum is taking us to the hospital! Luckily I have some good friends on standby to help out if needs be.

ohhh fingers or rather legs crossed then ailey!! lol i feel your pain my oh's mum step dad brother and sister are in the south of france from friday till the 25th!! :/ bit worried hel come when they are away but not much we can do about it :lol:

I also asked my midwife about sweeps. she said the first will be offered at 41 weeks, but with this being my second she would do a couple to try and get me going naturally as being induced is a pain when you have other children to think about to from a childcare point of view. She said hopefully as Amber was a quick induction, this one will be a fairly easy delivery.

Hi everyone :hi:

starglow- yes she had her baby girl with just a 2hour labour start to finish!!!! it is her 3rd and last time was very quick too she called her Indie Rose and was 8lb10oz.

Lilly- yep my boys are older, Jake is 10 and Callum is 7. I can't believe Jake goes to high school in sept now that is scary (Anyway sorry im waffling) such an age gap due to re-marrying.

hch - hope your ok hun, like i said you moan away, im moany today too!

Friends- my life is sooo sad i dont really have any close friends to be honest and non i could call upon if needed. I have a few good friends at uni and a couple at work but were not close like that.

full moon - i am being selfish too, i don't want baby to come till after saturday callum has his 1st football tournament so i want to be there for him.

I'm going to have a moan too - sorry :(
I feel crap today, i had 2 hours worth of bh last night lasting 60 secs and they were very strong but then dropped to 20 mins then vanished. I had niggles and aches most of the night and woke with a banging headache. Went back to bed after the kids went to school and did manage to sleep.
Also my sister has gone to Egypt today for 2 weeks and will miss baby when she is born. we are very close and she is so gutted she wont be here.

but on a brighter note...
I have the midwife this afternoon at 2pm and this time next week i will be holding my baby woooo :)

eeek thats awesome to know this time next week you would have had your baby :)

Omg it felt great leaving work today! Managed to finish early at 1130, have a quick meeting with HR who are drawing up a proper teaching contract for me with sickness and pension etc, have lunch with my friend and quick goodbyes. Just 90 mins teaching at home later and 60 mins 2moro also at home. Easy! What a complete relief to have finished proper work tho. I celebrated with ben & jerry's phish food lol

I'm looking forward to 2 weeks off.

Gotta get the housework done now. Hubby didn't lift a finger around the house ! Brilliant!

I would be more than happy to volunteer to be one of the ladies who goes into labour tonight! :) Unfortunately, I don't think that's going to happen.. no BH, pain, or any other 'labour' symptoms at all. Ah well...

Starglow- is your last day today? For some reason I thought it was tomorrow... either way, I hope you have a fantastic time!

Ailey- glad your appointment went well! :)

Lolley- sorry you've been feeling crappy :( Did you have lots of BH with your boys? Or is this new? At least you know there's just a week left!

Is anyone planning anything for Father's Day this weekend for your OH/DH? We keep joking whether or not DH will have a "real Father's Day" (i.e. whether LO will be here or not!) but I'm having trouble thinking of something fun/creative to do for him. What are you guys doing?

Oh Starglow, I was still typing when you posted...

glad you finished your last day of 'proper' work! yay! Soon you'll be able to completely relax :)

and Ben & Jerry's sounds soooooooooooo good right about now! What a great idea... wish I had some in house!

Lol it was naughty but very yum.

After teaching later at 5pm i think I'll pour myself a big soapy bath and completely relax.

ahhhh that sounds like heaven hun :)

weather is pants today and i keep getting hot flushes seems stormy outside :(

itsy- nope no bh with either of the boys, had them this time from around 17 week :wacko: but they are getting very intense now and lasting longer.

starglow- woooo for finishing glad you enjoyed your last day

midwife went well, nothing really to report, im 3/5 engaged and everything else is good :)

here is my 38 week bump pic, only realised today that i have not taken one since 30 weeks...

https://i759.photobucket.com/albums/xx238/kell500/38weeks.jpg

Oh and Fathers day. I've got a cute card for a fantastic daddy to be but I want to get a little pressie 2moro too from bump. he's been hinting about fathers day lol. I had to get his birthday card too and I still need to get our anniversary card. Lol. July is such a busy month for us. I've already sent my friends bday card for July 7th saying to open then. Just incase I'm on another plannet. I got her tickets for Take That in London for her birthday then realised it was my due date lol. So sending her with her delighted boyfriend lol. She's a huge fan!!!

yay starglow for finishing work!

lolley your bump is fab! very neat and i think tiny too! glad your mw appointment went well!

ailey glad your appointment went well hun! dont forget to send me some shortbread ;)

my OH is at work for fathers day but he has just rang to say he starts his holiday on monday which is fabulous for me as i have had enough of walking to and from the bloody school! i will probably get him something in town 2moro on his day off. he hopes i go into labour on fathers day as i had jack on mothers day in 2007!

Yawn! Just had an afternoon nap, really tired, but don't know why I actually slept quite well last night.

Lolley, glad all went well with the midwife! Lovely bump.

Starglow, what a relief to have finished work! I think you have deserved that bubble bath.

hch, I've given up on the shortbread idea for today as I'm shattered. Will probably do it friday now.

Loads of BH's today again and they are getting much stronger and baby is making some weird movements.

Nothing planned for father day, Amber will make something at nursery for Paul. I asked Paul if sunday would be a good day for baby to be born, and he said he doesn't want to share his day!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->