****Summer Cupcakes Bump Buddies ~ 8 BABY GIRLS & 4 BABY BOYS BORN ****

Morning

I slept well again strangely when some of you are not, went to bed with headache last night and woke with it still, not sure if I haven't drank enough yesterday :shrug:

I didn't watch OBEM US I was asleep quite early on the sofa! No pains or anything for me :( I can imagine you do get excited Strawberry as it will seem like something is starting to happen.

hch I ordered some Clary Sage and lavender oil yesterday online on ebay as it seems expensive in Boots and Holland and Barratt, wasn't sure where else to get it, it should be here by Monday hopefully.

Going to try clean oven and need to switch my hospital things into my other bag we took to the wedding and just potter round the house today.

Itsy it's great to have a change with your hair, I'm sure it's lovely :D I always get bored with mine but growing it at the moment so it's easier whilst with baby intially, family all prefer it long as it's naturally curly.

Enjoy your eye lash tinting Starglow, Lilly hope your day goes well and you weren't too tired after yesterday. Ailey sorry you slept so rubbish :flower:

I need to ring Orange up for a new upgrade of a phone after yesterday's nightmare lol

Right breakfast time ......

glad some of you slept a bit better... ive only just got up :lol: lazy bones me!!

well thats it oh's mum has gone off on holiday to the south of france this morning so baby is not allowed to come until next friday :lol:

my baby can't come until sunday evening now! My mum and dad are in Plymouth and paul's mum is in St Ives!
We'll have to keep our legs crossed :lol:

i love st ives :) its so pretty shame the weather is rubbish here for them!!
yes oh sister has told me to keep em crossed :lol: she said shel hate her mum and dad forever if she misses being here when her nephew is born.. her and my brother have ook to asking if hes on his way everydaaaaaaaay already!! leave me alooooone!!!! :lol:

whats everyone upto today??..x

hi ladies - i'm really worried!

I woke up at 5.30am this morning for a wee and had mild stomach cramps when i went back to bed... my upper bump hurts and feels like indigestion or something but more on the surface.. it's hard to describe! But I tossed and turned and then work up properly at 8am.
I've been feeling nauseous all morning, have just thrown up my tea and juice and feel very strange. The stomach cramps are coming in waves but they're not contractions, i don't think - as they are at the top of my bump where my stomach is.

I know there's a bug going around at kai's school but he's not sick and i haven't been in contact with any other children as DH's been doing the school run this week.

Do you think it might be the start of labour or a sign that its soon? Or just a stomach virus?! I'm wondering if i should call the MW...

Am supposed to be working today at 3pm too!!!

Didnt' have any of this with DS, any ideas girls?

Lilly, it sounds like it could be either. Make sure you drink plenty of fluids incase it is a bug. hope you feel better soon xx

hmm i dunno hun it may be a bug but may be worth giving your mw a call .. as for working id see how you feel in a bit take it easy this morning

aww Lilly, I'm sorry you're not feeling well! :(

It's possible if some of the kids at Kai's school have been sick that he could have carried the virus home with him (and since your immune system is probably more susceptible than his due to pregnancy, it's possible that you picked it up while he didn't). last week I was having stomach cramps and a bit of nausea (which were annoying... but I got excited. I threw up in the morning for the first time in weeks!) until I ended up having diarehhea (sorry, TMI) an hour later or so, so I figured that stomach problems were what had been causing it.

So maybe if you don't feel better in an hour or so (i.e. if the gas/cramps don't go away) then it might be a sign of pre-labour? I've seen on the main board that some other ladies thought they had gas but it turned out to be the start of labour (sorry, I know that's not helping at all!). How late can you/would you want to call and cancel work if needed? Maybe try resting for a bit or eating some crackers and see if you feel better in an hour, and otherwise call mw just to be sure?

Hope you feel more comfortable soon though! :hugs:

aw thanks girls :flower:

well i've just phoned triage - they reckon its a mild stomach bug and that i should just wait it out and sip water throughout the day. Really really annoying during this work week and right before due date though!! I don't have any vaginal/period pains yet so thinking not labour right now.
I'm going to have a bath now and see how i feel. i know i sound totally mad but i really do need to go into work today... obviously if i feel dreadful and am still nauseous i won't go, don't want to get anyone else sick.

what awful luck to pick up a stomach bug now... so upset :-( :-(

it is aweful hun really feel for you :( hope you feel better after a long soak in the bath

:hugs: Lilly hope you feel better soon and the bath does the trick. Flat full fat Coca Cola is great for bad tummys, put sugar into it to make it go flat. Got told that when I was on safari in Tanzania and I had a bad tummy.

Typical when you really need to go into work, fx'd xx

Aw Lilly.......there are so many bugs going around. You're right to have called your mw and again call later if you don't feel right. I would cancel your work Hun to take that strain away and give yourself the day to get well. At least you have a replacement on stand by. Look after yourself. It's not worth pushing yourself. Even if you weren't pregnant you still need rest with a funny bug or it would get worse.

Hugs xxxxxxxxxxx

Oh how nice...... Got my lashes done, food shop in and had yummy lunch (completely hooked on tuna still lol) , washing machine on, I need to tidy up a bit and if I have energy I'll start to clear out my wardrobe........ But ooooooohhhhh no work hanging over me is absolutely amazing....... Been waiting for this..... Good food, trashy tv, tracksuit bottoms and me time..... Yay :)

So even tho we have a carseat for 0-4 yrs that stays in the car, we've decided to buy the attachable carseat ( goes with our buggy). It's handier for too-ing and frow-ing, shopping, travelling etc. Hubby decided he wants one lol. Think we'll go for the purple one which is lovely. Still shopping lol!

oooh sounds ace hun we got the one to match our pushchair too although we wont use it as much as we dont have a car just my ohs works van but our pushchair is a pramette too so can lay it down parent facing.. just had a play with it again oh keeps forgetting how to unfold it... numpty

ahhh bet your loving having time to yourself nowwithout work :)

lilly- glad you called to speak to someone, sending big hugs hope you feel better soon and please take it easy.

I had a crappy night last night, no sleep it was rubbish oh well there is always tonight!

starglow - sounds like you are enjoying your time, its nice just to potter about :)

hope everyone else has a good day :flower:

Aw lolley no sleep is so frustrating. Can u have a rest today?

Hehe I managed to sit still for five mins before getting on with housework. This nesting thing is bizarre isn't it. Shame I dont think it lasts after baby arrives!

Yeah strawberry i think the attachable car seats are pretty cosy for the baby too.

What's with this rain...... Meant to be here all weekend! How are we gonna be out walking our new borns without sun!!!!!

Ooohh hubby has ordered the car seat :) think from kiddie care...... They're really quick with deliveries. Mothercare were out of stock till mid July!

me dont like rain :(

im that bored ive just cleaned my fridge inside and out ... boring!!!

Hahahahahah strawberry........ Seriously get over here you can do mine and the freezer and all the cupboards..... Honestly I'm happy to hand it all over to you. :)

How an earth is it mid June? Just think in mid July we'll all have had our little babies. What a crazy thought!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->