****Summer Cupcakes Bump Buddies ~ 8 BABY GIRLS & 4 BABY BOYS BORN ****

bleurgh I can't sleep!! woke up around 5.30am today been tossing and turning in bed.. can't stop thinking about impending birth. Got up at 6.30 to make some tea and just been browsing on here..

Lolley you must be on your way to hospital now!! thinking of you this morning and hope it goes well :flower: have to say i'm a little jealous, i want to meet my little girl too!! So exciting announcing the sex to your boys and friends! will be checking FB for sure.

i'm feeling no signs at all that things will happen soon.. i can't believe i'm due in 6 DAYS! I wonder what her birthday will end up being.. then again i didn't feel any signs with DS my waters just broke - so who knows!

Anyone else sign spotting?!

Morning :)

Were here waiting to see the midwife yay, have a fab day everyone.

Lilly if you are spotting call the midwife hun, it maybe you have just overdone it with work but better to be safe x

good luck Lolley!! oh I mean 'sign' spotting - not blood spotting! but thanks :flower:

xx

Good morning ladies!

Lolley- ahhhh how exciting!!! I can't say it enough, but GOOD LUCK! Even my DH was thinking about you this morning ("isn't someone in your group having a baby today?") haha... yep! Can't wait to hear how it goes :)

Lilly- I am absolutely 'sign spotting'! Last night LO was REALLY active for several hours. He never moves around that much anymore! I was just laying in bed but kept feeling pressure and occasionally light cramping, and then sharp pains around cervix... I kept hoping it would turn into SOMETHING regular! But nope... went to sleep and everything has been normal since! Ahhhh!!!!

Getting some stuff done then leaving around 12 to pick my mother up from the airport!! :happydance: Haven't seen her since we visited in February and am really excited about her visit :)

Hope everyone else (especially Lolley!!) has a great day!!

thinking of you lolley!

lilly, totally sign spotting, every little twinge I keepp thinking 'is this it?' :haha:
Itsy, have lovely day with your mum!

Amber is at nursery today so I'm not doing much. Might give the midwife a call, my lady parts are so swollen an painful, need her to tell me it's fine...

Morning :)

Watched baby hospital last night. It had recorded. I'd forgotten it was on. Eek!!!!! So flipping sad!

Looking forward to obem USA tomorrow night :)

As it's gonna be a beautiful day I better get a wash on and out on the washing line.

I've never been so happy not to be working. What a huge difference it makes. I'd never work so near my due date again.

Ooohhh it'll be 3 cupcake bumps today.

Breckie time x

eeeeek lolley! im so excited for you! hope everything goes well! xxx

im symptom spotting like mad! its like being in the 2ww!!! TP checking , thinking my waters are bulging hahahaha which i dont think they are! pains in the cervix but also that he is usually very very active but since last night he has been very quiet still moving but nothing like he has been! Also my Bhs are getting so tight now that they are literally taking my breath away!

Just waiting now i am 2nd down should be around 11ish. Had all the doctors and everyone speak to me etc

Lilly u had me worried there for a bit!

Sorry if i txt talk obviously on my phone x

Morning

Oh bit of a relax before you see your lil girl Lolley, hope the time passes quickly as you won't be allowed food or drink I imagine :flower: I hope your recovery is swift. Your boys must be really excited!

I slept well again, bh's settled down last night but lo was really active. Definitely symptom spotting much like tww like you say hch.

Just reading about after birth and whether to have the injection as I haven't stated wha I want yet, I'm leaning toward natural and letting the cord pulse, what have you guys decided out of interest, also those of you who have delivered before may have experience.

i have always had the injection and have never had a problem with the placenta coming away , i will be having it again as i like that bit to be over , it doesnt hurt one bit but the sooner its out you can get out of bed and get cleaned up. Lee on the other hand was a bit mortified about the placenta coming out as the mw will pull on the cord when its ready and it literally falls out! but honestly it doesnt hurt , you wouldnt even know anything was happening but im not sure if its the same without the injection x

https://www.homebirth.org.uk/thirdstage.htm

https://www.babyworld.co.uk/information/birth/what_happen_labour/third_stage/third_stage.asp

this explains it better hun x

I actually don't recall delivering my placenta AT ALL! I remember the MW commenting on it.. but i don't remember it coming out, I didn't look at it. Kai was on my chest by then and I was so in awe of him and of what just happened, that everything else after just fades into a blur. I remember feeling a pulling sensation when I was being stitched up but not feeling any pain or paying any attention to what was going on down there.
I'm not sure about leaving the cord to pulse, not that i'm not interested just that I don't know anything about it... so i'll look into that. My ex cut the cord with Kai but Liam doesn't want to and I don't blame him! My ex midwife mom said the feeling of cutting a cord is a bit strange and not a nice feeling - it's living pulsing thing and is really tough, like gristle - she said you feel the sensation go all the way up your arm! Eww! Fair play to guys that do do it though.. i'd be far too squeamish!

heya ladies.. lolley good luck for today!! very lucky to be meeting your baby girl today.. hope all goes straightforward!!!

hope everyone else is well.. so with you on the sign spotting but nothing so far :( booohoooo

Thanks hch, not bothered about the injection as they don't bother me. On thinking about births I have been present at at work the placenta has come away naturally quite quickly within 20 mins and I think there are benefits for letting the cord pulse and cutting it once it has stopped which is the protocol we use at work, to do with delivering red blood cells to baby.

And If I remember rightly the mw's wait and if it is taking a long time to deliver then they give you the injection.

:lol: lilly i think my oh is gonna wimp out too hes aweful with hospitals and equipment so i doubt very highly that he will cut the cord... hes gonna be a mess on the floor... :lol:

hch you bugger i just got all ecited on facebook because of your status update this morning of waking up to the best news... thought youd gone into labour :lol:

Ok girls, lets start comparing what we'll be doing to bring labour on.. to pass the time and now that we're so close!!

Today so far i've drunk RLT and bounced on birthing ball
Going to walk around the village where I live and maybe to a park
Have already asked DH to make one of his famous Thai green curries extra spicy tonight!

Whats everyone else doing?

Hubby wants to cut the cord. Not sure what we'll do yet. All depends on the circumstances at the time x

ps Foxforce thanks re cord - i'll mention that in my birth plan... seems right to let it stop pulsing before they clamp it! AFter all it has been baby's lifeline for 9 months...

Keep forgetting to drink my rlt lol. Havent used my ball either. Resting today but jot curry sounds great. I love hot food :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->