****Summer Cupcakes Bump Buddies ~ 8 BABY GIRLS & 4 BABY BOYS BORN ****

morning :flower: no news from me I'm afraid

itsy and Ailey fx'd for both of you today!

i've been bored and working out different due dates for myself... basically the month before I conceived i had an unusual 35 day cycle.. now if I work out my LMP and 35 day cycle it gives me a due date of 2nd July, just like you Starglow! BUT I had two viability scans at 6 and 7 weeks, plus my 12 wk dating scan which all measured bang on for due date of 28th June.. so i'm confused. Would you go by the dating scan or the cycle length?
It's become a little obsession now, when this baby will make an appearance! I have a feeling I've got another week to go at least, i've been getting no signs at all. Instead of being envious of other people's signs and people going into labour, i'm going to just think in my head that she's coming in a week or so.. and fill up my week with nice things to do and friends to see. May as well relax, chill and sleep as much as possible before baby gets here and i'm up to my eyeballs in nappies and sleepless nights, right!

whats everyone up to today?

ps Starglow red wine last night was yummy!!!!!

Thanks itsy. Tea was perfect :) now I'm lying on sofa enjoying the peace!

U putting your hospital bag in the car just in case?

Sounds like a good plan Lilly. Of course it's in my head all the time that I'll go into labour soon and all that comes with that. But I've said to myself I have 6 days till my due date but that could be another 18 days if I go right over. So I'm making myself relax over it. just think with each day that passes we're that much closer to meeting our little ones.

Today is my original date going by my cycle. I'm still not at all sure how I'm due a week later but I'm sure they know what they're doing.

With your mum being a mw (is she still a mw) what does she think about your due dates, expected labour time etc. Any inside info for you? Did u not want your mum to deliver your baby?

my mom thought i'd be early... she actually reckons today!! When she felt baby yesterday she said she's definitely dropped and is just waiting ready to come out. But then again you never can tell. She practised midwifery 25 years ago and hasn't worked since so not qualified now to deliver my baby! I'm sure the whole industry has changed a lot since she worked as a midwife :winkwink:

Seems both of us have our due dates worked out by the scans... I guess they're probably more correct than a basic mathematical system of lmp/cycle dates. Do you know when you conceived? As we were trying, I have 7 possible conception dates, the earliest would make my due date yesterday, the latest would be 2nd July.

My main concern is being induced, I wouldn't be allowed to be in the birth centre if I was, I've heard it's way more painful and also needs more intervention. As long as she comes before an induction date I'll be ok...

Lilly- re: dates... I would go with the dating scans in the beginning. Based on my LMP I should have been due June 24th, but was put back 4 days at 8 weeks then confirmed at 12 weeks (and I had been using OPT so knew that ovulation was also 4 days later, so this matched my expectations). I keep trying to remind myself to be patient since my due date hasn't even passed... but it's not working :) I WANT A JUNE BABY! *sigh*

Starglow- we've had the car seat and the hospital bag in the car for the past 3 weeks :) And for the past could of days I've been carrying the 'extra' things around with me when we go out (i.e. my SLR camera for nicer pics, and my e-Reader). We'll be taking them along today, just in case! :)

Any plans for today? Or just relaxing?

Yeah Lilly I knew my dates but then (oh this is lovely lol) sperm must have hung about for a while and it must have happened a bit after. I mean the scans now are meant to be very accurate so we'll see.

Itsy ...... I put a big towel in the car yesterday just in case my waters break in public. At least I could dry myself after or at least sit on it in car after lol

yeah i'm terrified of waters going in public!! Have been carrying pads around with me just in case, usually it trickles out especially if you're walking around, apparently!

Today liam is working but me and Kai are going to a pub lunch with friends of mine who had their baby girl a week and half ago.. some other friends are going too. Should be a lovely day - meant to be very hot though.
On the bus back to my house (i live at the top of a hill) i plan on getting off 2 stops early at the bottom so I can walk up the hill! Seemed to work for Strawberry!

We've got the car seat in the car but my hospital bag is in my room still - i might go over it today and check i've got everything. MW said to definitely bring drinks/snacks in, esp for DH as there wont' be anything in the hospital if we are out of usual trading hours, so i might go shopping for that today. Plan on taking some lucozade/coke and bag of nuts/dried fruit and maybe some boiled sweets. What are you guys taking, snack wise??

My hospital bag is living at the end of my bed. Still not zipped up and waiting for clothes for me to wear home. It depends what's washed. Tracksuit or jeans. Haven't enough maternity clothes to pack anything yet.

Ooohhhhhhhh it's exciting thinking we'll be meeting our babies soon isn't it.

Morning ladies

Nothing to report for me some bh's before bed, dh convinced they were contractions as were every 10 mins but they were not painful just uncomfortable and stopped once I got to bed.

My original date was 1st July according to my lmp they moved me to 28th after my first scan.

Ailey hope your ok and this is it fx'd

I didn't bother with the wine wasnt feeling like it but may have some tonight, I slept well with vivid dreams. My bag has been in the car since beginning of the week, need to put the car seat in the car.

Gorgeous day :D can tell it's going to be a hot one.

Morning all. Well everything stopped when I came downstairs, so I went back to bed.
Woke up this morning and getting a few more tightenings. So going to go out for a walk a see if we can get things going.

Beautiful day here today. Sun is shining xxx

nothing to report here either! slowly driving myself insane with ways to get him to budge! boys are going out for the day with my MIL and i have no idea what to do with myself! at least when they are here they keep me occupied! done all the housework washed all the bedding and just waiting for the heatwave that we are supposed to have! its cloudy and 20 degrees here so not exactly the 30 they predicted! i may see if lee wants to do the garden with me! hospital bag is packed and is by my bed , i have a list on top of it of things to pack when i need to leave , like notes mp3 etc!

Ailey sorry to hear the pains have died down , it has to mean something is happening tho!

foxforce isnt it weird that you go to bed with pains , you fall asleep and then NOTHING! so frustrating!

lilly hope you have a nice pub lunch with Kai :) my main concern is also being induced as labour can be very quick with one long contraction with out any breaks! jack was born in an hour. but he literally just flew out and there was no time to do anything as i couldnt stop pushing even when they told me i wasnt in labour! i hope to have one natural labour in my life! :lol:

itsy and starglow i feel like my waters are always going to burst! :lol: i think its the pressure of babys head on my bladder , funny i should think that as my waters have always gone just before i push baby out!

also i forgot to add its a year today since i had a my mc! its amazing what can happen in the space of a year! just found out that my friend who was 3 weeks behind me had her baby on thursday! arrrggghh! :haha:

A year today hch. Aw! And your friend 3 weeks behind.

Well I'm showered and ready for the day. Taken my White linen trousers up with wonder Webb and ready for doing a small shop, maybe popping over to friends, garden, BBQ & housey paperwork. Except............ I'm now flaked out on the bed with little energy feeling quite yuck! This pregnancy thing is unreal. U really have to listen to your body!

haha I think it's funny how we're all here looking for signs, sharing things we've tried, checking back to see if anyone else has had anything...!! Most of 3rd trim went pretty fast for me, but the last week especially has been taking forever!

Just got back from hospital and nothing to report... bp was fine and they monitored LO for 30 minutes and that was fine too. Now I have to come back on Tues or Wed and will find out if they're going to make an appointment for an induction. Unless things happen on their own before then, of course! :winkwink:

Omg it's hot out there. Just popped out to get a few bits including ice cream of course.

I haven't actually sat out in the sun yet. Have friends popping over at 6 but other than that it's garden time x

We've done some gardening, been to asda for some BBQ bits, just lighting the BBQ now, not had lunch making it lunch/dinner.

We have a lovely wind here if it wasn't for that it would be too much, was showing 24 degrees @ 10am not sure what it got up to.

Glad your bp and lo are all good Itsy x

It's 40 degrees in our sun trap. Now I love the sun usually but can't hack this. Had yum BBQ and now we are both lying on the bed to snooze lol.

Hope everyone's having good day, haven't read any posts. Im heading to the hospital to be checked about this fluid im still leaking. Its been 3 days and im starting to get worried. They tested at my appointment and it wasn't amniotic fluid, but im not convinced. Only comes in small gushes so I dont think there was any on the swab they took from me. Im not crazy, and im not peeing myself. This morning it was actually dripping out though so were gonna just go make sure everythings ok.

Good plan Ashley. Keep us updated and good luck Hun.

Well I feel yuck! Really feeling sick. Still lying on the bed. Had a good hour sleep. Typical when we have people coming at 6! Gonna stay here till 5pm and then get up and see how I am. Headachy too

Hope things are ok Ashley, I think would get checked out too.

Starglow hope you feel better soon.

I feel shattered, just showered pj's on and now got my legs up as my feet are swollen, one ankle too and legs feel heavy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->