****Summer Cupcakes Bump Buddies ~ 8 BABY GIRLS & 4 BABY BOYS BORN ****

morning

OH MY GOD was it hot last night!!! But I actually slept really well, only woke up once to wee which was heaven, and i slept through til 8!

fox that's great news losing some of your plug, yay! I'm checking my knickers all the time, like someone said before it's totally like symptom spotting when TTC :haha:

Itsy sorry you were in a shitty mood honey, I get really irritable sometimes for no reason, especially now. It's OUR DUE DATE TOMORROW, (well most of us!) and I'm like, where is my baby? Feels like my birthday's coming up with no present or cake, lol.
I had a fight with DH last night over something stupid, I was being irrational but I think he should know that and sympathise with me being irrational IYKWIM... He's not the one 9 months pregnant in 30 degree heat!

Hch I have my MW app tmrw, last time I asked she said no they only offer sweeps at 41 weeks - but i've already had an attempted one at 39+2 when i thought my waters had gone so i'm REALLY hoping she'll give me one tomorrow, i'm going to moan and plead for one.

Whats everyone up to today? It's so gorgeous outside I really want to swim...

x

Morning. Aw we slept outside the duvet cover too. Bliss. I actually slept too with just one wee trip.

I was looking forward to a day to myself. Apart from having to go do a refund I'd planned on chilling. However my friend who's now 10 days over due has asked if I'll go over to her. Hum decisions decisions.

I'm going to visit a friend too today. as much as i think people need to come to ME now, i will be stuck in this house for the next week at least so i should travel while i still feel able. I'm going to go to Angel which isn't far from me at all and have some lunch with my friend in the sunshine.

yay for single wee trips Starglow!!

Oooh lolley meant to say, hi and great to hear from you! And also any news re baby for the rest of us, I update the first page in this thread when a cupcake has a baby, so you can keep up that way :kiss:

morning all!

Foxforce, yay to losing some of your plug! I never lost it with Amber...but I was induced so I don't know if that makes a difference.

I too will be moaning to the MW tomorrow about wanting a sweep.

I slept ok last night. Wasn't too hot. Had to get up a few times, and Amber was crying that she had earache. still waiting on her waking up to see how she is, she's supossed to be at nursery for 10.

Nothing planned for today. Might pop into tesco and buy a cheap dvd and trashy mag :)

Good morning ladies!

Thanks for letting me moan... I'm in a MUCH better mood this morning (I also slept well... only getting up once! :) ) I actually had a dream that I was in labour and begging for an epidural (although I'm hoping I won't need one!). When I woke up I expected to have cramps or something... but nope, nothing!

Foxforce- yay for losing bits of your plug! On the main board I've seen it described as "snot like" (lovely, right?) and I think I lost most of mine over the weekend and it was also sort of gel-like and clear/slightly yellow-ish.

Lilly- glad you were able to sleep well, despite the heat! haha I love your analogy to a birthday without the presents/cake! It's so anti-climatic! I just really want LO here in June... I've just had that in my head since we took the first pregnancy test and it's always just been... June, June, June... so as we inch closer to July I'm getting more nervous! (Not that it really matters either way, it's just what I've been envisioning for sooooo long!)

hch- when you go to your mw appointment, you could always ask her if she'll do one if you'd like one (worst case scenario she'll just say no or suggest you ring the hospital). But if you ask at least you'll know what their procedure is?

Starglow- sounds lovely, sleeping outside! How far away does your friend live, would you have to travel far?

Ailey- dvd's and a trashy mag sound like a lovely say to relax when you have time to yourself!!

Today my mom and I are probably going to head to the beach for some LONG walks along the waterfront :winkwink: It's only about a 30-minute drive and I'm hoping a bit of walking might help... it's also expected to be around 30 degrees here today!

Well she's only a 15 min drive however she wanted me to go over this afternoon. Afternoons are my worst time. I basically slump in the afternoons and have to sleep. another friend is going over to her. I've said it's probably a no unless my pattern changes. I was up for Brecky with hubby earlier and I'm back lying on the bed now!

I've had some of that White - ish discharge but only tiny amounts.

glad to hear everyone slept well last night then :)

re discharge/plug - I had quite a lot this morning, clear white/pale yellowish but i don't think it was gel like? So unsure if it was my plug or just extra discharge!!
Like you Ailey I never lost my plug with Kai, it might have come out when my waters broke but i didn't notice it.

Right girls well i'm off for the day, hope everyone has a fab one and i'll be checking in later to see if anything eventful has happened!!

ps It's Flybee's due date today... she doesn't post here anymore i wonder how she's doing!

morning ladies. it's 5:40 am here and i've been awake for about 2 hours. i tried my best to go back to sleep, but i keep thinking i might be going into labor! have a contraction timer running right now on my phone. i just got out of bed finally and came to sit in the living room so i don't wake OH. want to really be sure something is happening before i wake him. i woke up around 3:45 and had a very mild period-type cramp in my very lower abdomen. got up, peed, went back to bed thinking it was just hurting because of pressure on my bladder. within the next hour the pain kept coming back and i thought i'd had about 4-6 of them. so i said to myself, okay when the next one comes i'll start my timer. had another at about 5 am and opened up the app on my phone. so far they have been between 10-20 minutes apart, lasting between 30-60 seconds. not entirely regular, but i'm starting to think today might be the day! yesterday i started having a little bit of thicker brown discharge (when i wasn't leaking mystery fluid lol) and i told OH that something felt like it was changing, that i wouldn't be surprised if i went into labor within the next few days. have had a bit of pink looking discharge on the toilet paper when i wipe, but not a lot.

is it weird that i'm also getting what seems like bh contractions? sometimes i feel just tightening, sometimes tightening plus the crampy-feeling, sometimes just the crampy feeling. i'm only recording the crampy feelings. they don't hurt really, but it's just enough for me to notice. i thought maybe i needed to use the bathroom or that it was just gas but i already tried to use the bathroom and nothing....

ooh Ashley that sounds promising! Especially if you can recognize the pains enough to record them and they keep coming back!

Fingers crossed for you!!!

heya girls hvent read any posts since thursday night just poppin on quick sorry if any typos typing on handed and feeding!!

hope you are all well and hope these little cupcakes join us all soon!!! hope your not suffering too much with the heat

so it was labour for me the other night!! and Noah arived at 2.13 friday morning he weighed 6 pounds 7 n half ounces!! its all still a bit bizare!! haopened quite quick i first rang the hospital at 9.15 when contractions were 5 minutes apart and she said if im comfortable to stay home for a bit.. well 10.30 came and they were every 3 minutes and starting to hurt so i rang and she said come in to be assessedif i want to but because i sounded so calm il probably end up going home.. so we went anyway got there at 11 and she checked me over and i was 6cm dilated already!! i was in shock so was the midwife!! oh went to ring my mum while they filled the birthing pool and oh my it was heaven!!!! just had the water for bit and then gas n air at 8cm dilated... still finding it all a bit sureal at this point and then babies heartrate was alittle funny so they didnt want him to be born in water just incase he breathed it in so they got me out at 1.45 as i got out my waters went which felt great!! pushing him out was really weird they took the gas and air off me because i kept breathing it out istead of using it to push :lol: anyway he came out at 2.13 and my contrations stopped right away .. my placenta had come away but wasnt coming out so i had to really try o push which was hard when wasnt having a contraction to push on.. took awhile to get it out and they had to be careful because the cord had startedto come away at the end!.. finally it was all over and they filled the pool back up for me to hav a bath and then put us in another room.. we were the only ones there till 1.30pm! was lovely and quiet and we worked on getting his feeding sorted and im glad to say he is feeding great!! he goes every 2-3 houurs during the day and then early morning he feeds a bit more often but hes doing reall well :) im so happy and i feel so blssed to have had a positive birth experience.. i really would recommend the pool to anyone it was great! wecame home on friday at 6pm so he wasnt even a day old!! feeling very sore and swollen down ther still but its getting easier to move around now!! i escaped with just a small tear which didnt need stitching .. thank god!!! just pack lots of maternity towels ive gone through 30 since friday!! its easing off now and is more watery still gross mind!!!

hope you are all well and have your babies soon!!!

Oooh Ashley, really hope today is the day for you! Keep us updated. x

Strawberry, what a great birth you had! great to hear from you.

I've been gettying extra discharge too, which is normal, so I don't think it's my plug...

Just been in the garden and dug up my first crop of potates! Really chuffed as I'd never tried growing them before. :thumbup:

aww strawberry, great to hear from you! :) Thanks for sharing with us... I've been following you on Facebook and Noah is adorable!! Glad to hear you're doing well!

awww strawberry fab birth story! sounds wonderful and you handled it amazingly! Noah is gorgeous! im starting to feel like baby is never going to come!!

Ashley i hope this is the start for you xx

whats for tea then Ailey? sausage and mash? yum!

cant believe i still havent had a nap! dont feel tired yet but i know it will catch up with me by tea time!

awww strawberry fab birth story!:thumbup: sounds wonderful and you handled it amazingly! Noah is gorgeous! im starting to feel like baby is never going to come!!

Ashley i hope this is the start for you xx:happydance:

whats for tea then Ailey? sausage and mash? yum!

cant believe i still havent had a nap! dont feel tired yet but i know it will catch up with me by tea time!

Yay great to hear from you strawbs. You're inspiring me to ask about the birthing pool especially with his warm weather. The hospital will be roasting. I'll ask the mw 2moro.

Potatoes look great. Saw the pic on fb. You've just reminded me I have a stew to start.

I dragged myself out. Omg how hot is it!!!!!! That's it now I'm In for the day.

Ashley. Fingers crossed for you x

Itsy hope you had a good walk at the beach

Lilly have a nice lunch with your friend

Strawbs fab story and great birth I so hope mine goes as well as yours, great everything is going so well so far hope it continues.

Ailey excellent you've grown your own pots! Bet they will taste extra delicious!

Mad mad heat we've been to my parents took the dog out which took no time to tire! Sat with legs elevated after soaking my feet in cold water Before going to get ready to go out.

Strawbs what a fab birth story!! well done you! You baby boy is just gorgeous...
Like Hayley said I feel like mine is NEVER going to come out... I feel SOOO far from labour it's unreal.

Ashley fx'd for you that this is the start of things! Sounds like you're losing your plug too.

OMG I AM SOOO HOT. Starglow I think you and me have it worst I read in the paper Hampshire and London are hitting 33 today. URGH! I just got home from shopping and had to jump straight in the cold shower.
My hospital as NO AIR CON and they have to switch the fans off during delivery they said. Although yeah getting in the pool would be amazing.. So I probably don't want to go into labour today, it'd just be too hot.

My poor son has to play tennis now in this searing heat - i've promised him an ice cream afterwards. (and one for me, yeah!)

I just can't get my head around the fact that the Summer Cupcakes DUE WEEK IS HERE!

Well this is maternity leave ....... Beef stew slowly cooking away while I'm in the bedroom watching a chick flick! Awwwwww nice.

Lilly I've been told it's gonna thunder storm here this afternoon. It's so humid. It was already 28 degrees at midday!it's gone cloudy now. Yesterday it was just blue skies wasn't it. Ice cream soon I think.

I noticed fans at my hospital too.

I better think of a top I can wear in the birthing pool in case I want to use it. Another thing to pack. Come on baby when are you coming?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->