****Summer Cupcakes Bump Buddies ~ 8 BABY GIRLS & 4 BABY BOYS BORN ****

same goes for me on FB - we'll only post on there once baby is born. my mom's on FB and I had to say to her, no photo's on FB without my consent! (she is photo crazy)

I can't believe i'm due tomorrow and no sign of baby yet :-( :-( Where is she hiding?!

it's still so hot and humid I can't bear it, waiting for the rain but the clouds have cleared, i really need this heat to break tonight!

I need to get back into shape too, it's horrible when it's so hot and my thighs are sticking together.

oh I really hope I'm not overdue by too much :cry: :cry:

im looking at getting the urban detour pushchair so we can get walking straight away so i can loose the weight! we have a few places we go to but i cant take the silvercross 3d as it would get ruined! seen a lovely one on ebay so im gonna try and win it! i really want to start zumba aswell and will go to sw as i lost loads of weight after i had jack !

Is it really true we need more food while breast feeding?

you'll be starving when breastfeeding, so yes you have to watch it! You do burn calories and have a high metabolism but... you'll be hungry!!

Seriously my thighs are so big :( I feel wide. I've no energy to walk and usually when I don't excercise I feel yuck. Its no wonder I feel lethargic. Just want to get out and about pushing my buggy and I want to stop eating the rubbish. I Eat ealthy meals but crappy snacks. I'm so bad but I think its comfort food.

Hope breast feeding works for me.

I hope the swelling goes down pretty quickly. Hopefully I'll lose close to a stone fast after birth. I've heard woman disappointed cause they didn't lose their swelling for ages :( please please please let me go back to normal quickly.

I agree with the no posting on facebook. :)

I found I was really thirsty whilst breastfeeding, so make sure you have a drink to hand whilst feeding.

starglow, hope you enjoy your stew.

Ashley- :hugs: sorry you're feeling let down hun... I was in a pretty bad mood last night (which is generally unusual for me) and today I was wondering if there was a release of hormones or something... maybe that's the reason you're feeling down. And maybe it's also a sign?

Lilly & hch- what did you guys do to lose weight after your previous LO's? And how soon after birth did you feel up to exercise? I've heard that breast feeding burns lots of calories.. I'm hoping that will help if I eat healthy!

Starglow- at the breast feeding evening at my hospital they told us that theoretically, we didn't need to eat more calories (just drink lots more water). Although in the U.S. I was told that a breast feeding woman should have up to 3000 calories per day. I don't know if that's a difference between American vs Dutch perspective, but I'm hoping if I keep eating healthy that the calories will burn themselves, at least in the beginning :)

I'm back home for the night (but everytime I stand up I get another gush!). Going back to the hospital tomorrow to get a swab check for infections, and I'm scheduled Wednesday morning for an induction (in case nothing happens before then on its own). DH and I are planning on going to bed soon... just in case we need to get up in the middle of the night or early tomorrow! :)

for the other ladies who have other LO's... how long after your water broke did contractions start? (Thanks Lilly, for telling me how it happened with you! It's not been 5 hours...)

Also... re: weight loss. The FIRST thing I did before we left for the hospital earlier was jump on the scale! I want to see how much weight I lose immediately after the birth... I'm really wondering how much of a difference it will make!

I still wouldn't be able to stand on the scales. I'm just gonna go by my clothes size.

My sister in Ireland was told to eat loads of sugar while breast feeding!!!?????!!!!

I like the idea of just drinking more and plan on eating healthy and binning the junk food.

Itsy it's crazy you're still gushing water and it's good you're both having an early night hun x

itsy i never fully managed breast feeding with either of my 2 as they would never latch on properly, but i did go out walking alot and still did up until about 7 weeks ago when i couldnt walk as far as i did before! thats when the weight started to pile on a bit! but i hope to get out walking asap maybe a few days after birth but also i will use my birthing ball for gentle exercises on the legs and butt! i can go to my local slimming world group pretty much straight away as its not a diet but a healthy eating plan and i find getting weighed in front of people helps me concentrate better on loosing the weight! i hope to go back to 10 stone i was 10 st 6 when i got pregnant and im now 12st 10! eeek!

I'm waiting for hubby at train station. I'm completely cranky and tired now. I feel like a whale :(

I cannot wait to get home and into a cool bed and bedroom and be comfy. Gonna watch that thing on itv3 about having babies in prison.

aww Starglow :hugs: hope you're able to get home ASAP and get into bed!

re: weight gain... I've gained exactly 15 kilo's (33 lbs). The last 10 lbs has been in the past 6 weeks or so. So I'd love to see how long it takes to get rid of most of it :)

hch- I'm hoping with the nice weather I'll be able to do lots of walking as well with LO! Hopefully that will help :)

I hope no one else is up... it's after 3am and I'm wide awake! Actually woke up because I was really hungry :blush:

Hoping to get sleepy again after I've had a snack :)

I hope everyone else is sleeping well!

Just woken up for wee. 4am here. Not bad. Oh i hope this humidity breaks. It's yuck!

Hope you're back to sleep. Nite x

morning girls

OK first off ---- I had pink discharge last night and slight cramping. Had a really bad night's sleep (boo!) as it was SOOOO hot and it didn't rain!! So it's still so humid and horrible outside. Still have pinkish discharge this morning ... who else had this, foxforce? Is it something to be concerned about or is this the start of things?!?! I'm having mild cramping but they feel constant. Baby not moving much. Stupidly I lent my doppler to my friend so i can't even check LO and am paranoid!! Any thoughts girls? I never had this with DS..

re weight - my friend got bad water retention and really swelled up. After the birth she was mortified to find that she was still all swollen and weighed the exact same as when she went in.. BUT she lost all of it within a week (about a stone and half) I'm amazed at how good she looks now.

I breastfed Kai for 9 months and to be totally honest (not to put you off BF!!!) I only went back to my pre-pregnancy weight after I stopped. I did lose weight after the birth pretty quickly though, but I was eating a lot while BF. Your body holds on to calories for milk production... but you DO lose the water retention, swelling.. etc. I went on a mild version diet of the Atkins (no white starchy carbs, sweets etc) when Kai was about 8 months and lost a further stone. So sometimes you have to work at it, but it took me 9 mnths to lose it.
I was 9 stone 10, 62kg (i'm 5'9 like Hayley) before pregnant and now i'm 12 stone, i'm also 8 yrs older, i think it will be harder for me this time!

Oooh still cramping. I hope this is the start for me girls!!!!! Itsy did you have pink-ish discharge too? anyone else?!

Morning

Wow Itsy excellent news about your waters, hopefully your contractions will start very soon fx'd!

I didn't get home until late last night and couldn't get any wifi coverage on iPad in bedroom to check before sleeping.

Sorry Ashley your pains have settled, so annoying I'm sure, it won't be long now.

Lilly I had clear gel stuff it didn't have no blood tinge to it but it can do by all accounts - why they call it bloody show or mucous plug, mine was definitely more mucous lol. Hopefully your cramping develops x

My appointment with mw is at 0930 so going to go shower after my coffee. It's fresher temp here thankfully, my feet were so swollen last night after being out, right ankle still is today but not so bad. I also stood on my red hot tong last night getting ready, I was in a lot of pain :( so clumsy lately.

My friend who is leaving gave us some baby things last night which was lovely: brand new breast feeding cushion as she had 2, mamas and papas starlight swing which is like new, some girls clothes incase we have a girl, a toiletries box which has a top n tail bowel in it and some other bits and pieces.
We are going to help her pack things for storage after my appointment so may not post until later.

update girls!!!

Cramping has intensified - also just lost the mucus plug - definitely!! Had pink discharge last night and this morning, got darker this morning, and just went to the loo now and was definite show - I never had one with Kai so didn't know what to expect.

Have reflexology and acupuncture at 10 but going to cancel it I think... Have my MW app at 1 so will keep to that if things don't progress too quickly.

I hope this is the start of things for me... can you believe this is happening ON MY DUE DATE!!

And happy DUE DATE to Ailey, Fox and Itsy - have I left anyone off today?!

Will update later!! woohooo!!!

xxx

Woo :dance: yay Lilly! Would be great on due date! hope this it is today!

Happy due dates to all also :happydance:

How exctinig Lilly! and I'm a little jealous too. ;)

I've had a bit of cramping, but nothing else.

Happy due date to those due today.

Is itsty still around? no contractions yet?

Hope everyones appointments go well today xx

Excellent Lilly. Just take it easy. It may happen quickly it may not. Bloody show on your due date has to be a good sign along with cramping but dont get too excited. Keep busy. Could be good to stick to your appointments. Good luck. Hopefully it'd all about to happen for you. Xxxxxxxxx

Good luck with mw everyone x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->